• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Texting PC friends.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
    I've got no problem with texting PC friends... except I live in Canada and most of you don't. Discord is the way to go.

Cay

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2022
    I haven't with PC people, but I have with other people across the net. It really helped me grow a friendship with now one of my best friends, so yes im down to clown with that stuff. However, I do normally use skype dominantly for internet friends nowadays.

Years
    I don't do this at all.

But to be fair, I'm bad at texting in general, not just in regards to people from here. I either can't be bothered to text, or I forget to reply to things. I mean, I have nothing against giving out my number if I know a person well enough and they ask. Just don't ever expect a reply if you text me.

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
    Years
    from PC I only have hashtag's phone number and his first text to me was "happy birthday you greek ****"

but I rarely text people
    tbf you called me a british **** on my birthday too

I text people on pc but only UK or iMessage though

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    I used to text Dipu before he left us. But other than that I've not texted anyone or asked for numbers. I wouldn't be against it though. All I use my phone for as it is is keeping time and holding down paper.

Years
    I'm definitely not against it if I'm close enough to them. But I haven't actually texted anyone in a long time. If people message me I'll message back, but I am terrible at starting conversations. The longer it's been the less likely I'm going to actually start a text. >___<

Patatas Fritas

bajo el mismo sol ღ
    Years
    Man I'm totally cool with texting people. I used to text quite a few people from PC and if I was actually active enough to talk to people I wouldn't be against it again.
    I mean I still text a lot of those people but they're not really on PC anymore so I guess it wouldn't count.

Years
    I'm not much of a texter since there's Facebook Messenger and I keep in touch with friends there, plus I consider that a form of texting without it actually being an SMS. From PC I text only what, three people? Emily since we both met up recently in London when she came down from Scotland, Kelsey/Natsuki I keep up with a lot and Malyka/Aizuke whenever we feel like talking about life in general.

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    Texting/messaging, I do this quite a bit with a handful of PC people. Over the years I've developed relationships on PC that have stood the test of time. I have a talent of falling out of contact with people I know from an online capacity, primarily due to just being a pretty aloof person and having 43282384197^10 hobbies and commitments. But there are those I talk to daily, though they are few now. While others I still talk to from time to time who I feel I can always pick up where we left off. Which is a really nice way to be, so I do text them also.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
    I... actually have one friend via text from PC. However, we haven't talked in a very long time though. Nor have we texted in a long time either. I really should talk to him more, but there hasn't been a lot for us to talk about for the two of us. :c

Other than that, I'd have to say no... or not really.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
    I remember when i finally eyeballed with some of the DotA forum people i knew back in the day, the moment we all exchanged contact details, we started to communicate through text as if we were friends who met normally. WURDLIFE

Its funny really. I mean, we all have our personal phones to use for IRL stuff, and i mean, some people have made fellow forum users their like RL friends (as if they were part of their IRL circle) so i don't see anything wrong.

then again, I'm in SEA and to my knowledge, PC is based on NA. Obviously long distance doesn't work out in my regard ;)

Yukari

If I actually had a phone I'd be all for it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I do talk to people over Skype or Discord a lot though.

Back