• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

that old important personality question

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Old quiz gave me Ravenclaw. Not terribly surprised because I value art and creativity so much. Expected Slytherin though tbh.

New quiz gave me… nothing cause the site is down rip lol.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Online now
    I haven't seen the movies nor have I read the books, but I got Hufflepuff. Is that bad?

Grabbed an excerpt from a song in the books. Introduces the basic theme behind them.

For each of the four founders had
    A house in which they might

Take only those they wanted, so,
    For instance, Slytherin
    Took only pure-blood wizards
    Of great cunning just like him.

And only those of sharpest mind
    Were taught by Ravenclaw
    While the bravest and the boldest
    Went to daring Gryffindor.

Good Hufflepuff, she took the rest
    and taught them all she knew,

Amounts to "the leftovers". Lacks a strong identity. Valued hard work, supposedly. Dealt with that house the least in the books. Works out somewhat in its favor, however. Portrayed members of the other houses in unflattering lights at times.

Last edited:
    Years
    Amounts to "the leftovers". Lacks a strong identity. Valued hard work, supposedly. Dealt with that house the least in the books. Works out somewhat in its favor, however. Portrayed members of the other houses in unflattering lights at times.
    Ooh. I believe I do relate to this in a way. I'll take it with pride~

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Ooh. I believe I do relate to this in a way. I'll take it with pride~
    Hufflepuff is the best house because:

- Hufflepuff is an open, egalitarian house, the most inviting of all the houses at Hogwarts.

- Where Gryffindor, Slytherin and even Ravenclaw strive to make their houses feel like an exclusive club, Hufflepuff has what is essentially a doors open policy. As the sorting hat's song in The Order of the Phoenix explained, Hufflepuff believes in "teach[ing] the lot and treat[ing] them just the same."

- A Hufflepuff's patience, kindness and reliability make them excellent people. They're the Cedric Diggorys of this world, humble to a fault, and loyal to a tee. They're a house that can produce such varied and distinctive alumnae as Newt Scamander (loves animals, endearingly scatter-brained, never boring) and Nymphadora Tonks (painfully cool, the first person at the party and the last one to leave, will defend you to a stranger after meeting you only fifteen minutes before, drunk, in the loo.)

- They're the house that has produced the fewest dark wizards.

- They're the house that supplied the most supporters in the battle of Hogwarts at the end of Deathly Hallows, after Gryffindor. Crucially, Hufflepuffs stayed to fight not because they were battle-hungry like their Gryffindor compatriots but because they felt a sense of duty, J.K Rowling has said. Quite simply, they're good people who do the right thing.

- The truth is that it is hard—even remarkable—to be a consistently kind person. Treating other people well is an active choice. It's always tempting to act selfishly or take your anger out on someone else. And it's even easier to do those things when you live in a culture that tells you being kind isn't important or cool. You can be caring as well as smart and brave and ambitious. Choosing to embrace your identity as a Hufflepuff just means that kindness is the quality you value most in yourself.

Years
    Treating other people well is an active choice. It's always tempting to act selfishly or take your anger out on someone else. And it's even easier to do those things when you live in a culture that tells you being kind isn't important or cool. You can be caring as well as smart and brave and ambitious. Choosing to embrace your identity as a Hufflepuff just means that kindness is the quality you value most in yourself.
    Man I stan Hufflepuff all the way now <3 Makes me wanna binge this franchise~

I honestly don't think I deserve to be one however D: I live in a culture where kindness is also seen as a weakness, and I falter several times. I have a pretty bad bad side to me. I just do my best to hide it from the public :c

Back