• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Alola Starters - who will you choose?

Which starter will you choose?

• Rowlet

Votes: 28 46.7%
  • Popplio

Votes: 18 30.0%
  • Litten

Votes: 14 23.3%

• Total voters
Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Team Suffering Litten. Even if I have to stick an Everstone on it, I'm picking Litten. I love black cats.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    you could always join the Owl side if things go south you know

But that's not in accordance with the prophecy!

Also Rowlett is cute but its prospective evolution I'm not super super in love with... It's cool but it's just not for me (for the time being).

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
    Years
  • When it comes to the first stages I love them all, but Rowlet and Litten are tied for favourites. I love Cats (even edgy ones), and I love Birbs, but my friend loves the Bird too so I'll get her pick it so she can send me a Rowlett egg, if the leaks are true, I still love the bird, and I like the Litten evo, but I LOVE the Popplio evolution and I honestly wanna use it. However if the rumors are true and we get Day/Night forms I might pick Litten if it's other form is cool enough.

TL;DR Picking Popplio if leaks are true, Litten if false.

Years
  • Team Suffering Litten. Even if I have to stick an Everstone on it, I'm picking Litten. I love black cats.

There is still a chance for split formes. Which I would love, even though final evolution for popplio and rowlet are perfection, I'd love to see Litten fans have an alternative option. I actually do not mind the Litten final evolution in the concept art -- but I definitely do not love it!

If not (or if it is not any better) the middle evolution might be an alternative option. With eviolite it could still be a great in-game asset and maintain the appearance of a cute black cat.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    There is still a chance for split formes. Which I would love, even though final evolution for popplio and rowlet are perfection, I'd love to see Litten fans have an alternative option. I actually do not mind the Litten final evolution in the concept art -- but I definitely do not love it!

If not (or if it is not any better) the middle evolution might be an alternative option. With eviolite it could still be a great in-game asset and maintain the appearance of a cute black cat.

I really hope we do get split evolutions/forms; partially because I want another chance at a not-the-same-old-same-old Litten evolution, and partially because I thought that would always be kind of cool to implement so why not do something like that now? But at the same time it almost seems too good to be true so I'm prepping myself early for the Everstone...

If the middle evolution turns out to be nice I'll go for it. But in the past, all the middle evolutions of the Fire starters is when they start standing so I'm not getting my hopes up for that plan to work out either...

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    I was Team Rowlet, then I saw how sad Popplio was and became Team Popplio, but now I honestly don't know. Might put the names in a randomizer and give that a go.

Years
  • I'm Team Litten if the leaks are true. I know Litten's final evo is hated by many, I find it to be awesome (as long as it isn't Fire/Fighting Type. Fire/Dark maybe?). I was Team Popplio before the leaks, but I just don't like its final form that much.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • As per series tradition, I'll be picking Popplio for my first Moon playthrough. For Sun, it's either Rowlet or Litten depending on how good their stats and move pools are.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • love at first sight for me, spent no time deciding once the starters where reveleated
    long love of cats....

easily Litten my choice this time, it looks so adorable

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2018
    i was team litten but the leaks are worry me,
    Moon- Litten if it's fake and become on 4 legs, if the leaks are ture i will pick popplio
    Sun-Rowlet

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Angie suggested Rowlet if you don't like Litten evos, but have you thought about majestic Popplio?

Popplio's really not the starter for me, sorry :c I like the prospective final form but not to the point where I'd pick Popplio... If anything I'll probably breed a competitive one to speed level it and use the final form online somehow. Same thing with Rowlett.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    When are they gonna reveal the starter evos anyway? If I were them that's what I'd reveal next.

Years
  • Popplio regardless of what the evolutions look like. I don't have high hopes for Litten since all past fire starter evolutions stood on their back legs and it's not something I can see myself liking for a cat. Rowlet is adorable but my boyfriend might be picking him.. and I tend to lean towards the less popular ones. Popplio is cute. ☆

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    I'm still Team Rowlet at the moment! Choosing not to believe the leaks until it's officially confirmed.

Years
    • Seen May 22, 2017
    a grass flying starter? so that means it has a stat score of 630ish and would be the strongest grass/flying type pokemon to date. Im in. If the seal didnt look so lame id probably pick that. The cat looks a little disapointing too. BIRDS!

Back