• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Alola Starters - who will you choose?

Which starter will you choose?

• Rowlet

Votes: 28 46.7%
  • Popplio

Votes: 18 30.0%
  • Litten

Votes: 14 23.3%

• Total voters

Mawa

The typo Queen
Years
  • At first th worst was Popplio for me.... and I always choose the grass type. But this night... I almost took Popplio?? I really like it now! Rowlet is still awesome, but... the choice was hard. Even Litten, if it wouldn't be for the final stage, I might have consider it.

Still, I went with Rowlett and no regrets :)

Years
    • Seen Nov 3, 2020
    Can't say you're wrong. Did the same when I used Fennekin in X/Y. Some people don't care at all about gender. I mean, If Machamp and co can be female, I don't see why these couldn't be male.

I remember I had two Machamp's with different sets that I used competitively, one was a male and the other was a female. Called the female Laila Ali after of course Ali's daughter, and called the male Mike Tyson (CB Champ, OHKO's all them fools Mike style)

As for my starter, I'll let you guys guess. :P

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2019
    I have decided I am going with Rowlet. Unless I chance my mind between now and Wednesday when I get my game

Years
  • I never nickname my Pokemon, but I did love my Primarina when I played Moon! He may have been a common male which I always seem to end up with, but at least he had a decent nature and pulled his weight very well with that high Sp. Attack.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Nov 10, 2023
    I got my copy of Sun in the post yesterday and after much debating between Popplio and Rowlet(I did also consider going back to teamLitten and and giving an everstone to Torracat because I love cats) I chose Popplio.
    I am not bothered by gender but got a female Popplio when I started the game which I was rather surprised about would of have just been happy having a male. Anyway got my cute sea Lion and named her Neptune she has just evolved into Brionne❤️.

LilyAnn

All your base are belong to us
    Years
  • I went with Litten in Sun and Popplio in Moon. I like how Popplios final evolution looks more than Littens

Years
  • For once, I had the most difficult time picking out of the three. I knew I would ask a friend for Litten, so it was between Popplio or Rowlet for my starter. I love birds, and my best friend and I planned since day one to pick owl child! Super cute, really neat typing towards the end; and of course I frickin loved the final evo design.

If I were to start again, I'd probably grab Popplio. c:​

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • Originally wanted to pick Popplio, but I did not want to soft reset for a female so I chose Rowlet.

Now Decidueye grew so much on me, so Primarina is 2nd to him now.

I managed to get a female Primarina off GTS and bred some Popplios though, same for Rowlets and Littens.

This is the 2nd time I like all 3 starters of a region (1st was Johto's trio!)

Lemonski

Is already coming for your pizza
    Years
  • Litten received my liking right when the starters were announced, so Litten it is for me. It's a welcome change too, as I usually seem to pick the water starter. Shall this time be different, a powerful battle tiger is going to be a great addition to my upcoming team.

Years
  • Popplio, seeing the final evolution swayed me to her corner. Primarina is beautiful. I like Pokemon that have feminined figures if it is done in a graceful, mysterious way like with Gardevoir and Vespiqueen. I am also one of the rare people who finds Delphox enchanting.

I am reminded of mythological figures when I see animal-headed Pokemon with other human or chimera characteristics and Popplio's line reminds me of Slavic folklore about water goddesses who are part seal such as Selkie.

I don't think I will be disappointed because she has a safe and typing and really good stat distribution. Her special attack and special defense are striking and her defense and hp aint too shabby neither, combined with her access to encore/sing and aqua ring I think it will be a nightmare getting rid of her.

Two terrific stab moves in moonblast and hydropump/cannon would allow her to destroy pokemon after Pokemon. I'm really excited about this one!!

Back