• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Event THE AMAZING PC RACE - WHO WILL BE CROWNED PC'S FIRST EVER "AMAZING DUO"?

Linyit

yaaay :3
    Years
    Bulbasaur has a seed on it's back. (Making it a seed pokemon)
    Bulbasaur has an ability called bulba-by, making him take care of other pokemon and uses his vine whips to do so! (tangled? sleeping?)
    It's also the only starter here you can pick and it's japanese name means "isn't it strange?" (odd? :P)
    + Bulbasaur was actually caught by Ash after a battle unlike the other starters?

Last edited:

Linyit

Years
    Bulbasaur part 2
    Is has a strange bulb on it's back. Ash never released it and it's beside Pikachu the one he had longest.
    It works as ambassador with prof oak.
    It's name means "strange seed" in most languages.
    Was owned by two main characters ..........

I really hope it's Bulbasaur right now ~.~

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
    Raichu

It is the only Pokemon from that list that couldnt be connected with the hints that you've shown

A. Nursery Rhyme: The song is Sing a Song of Six Pence, because Anthony Gonsalves had a song that mentioned the number 420, the same number that was mentioned in the nursery rhyme

Bulbasaur and Venusaur are noted in the song as the "pocket full of rye" as they are the seed Pokemon
    Wartortle and Blastoise are water pokemon, and the maid was hanging up the clothes, indicating that she washed them, and you need water for that
    Metapod evolves from Caterpie, the hint Anthony Gonsalvezzzzzzzzzz had 10 Zs, 10 is the National Dex number for Caterpie
    Pidgey and Spearow are birds, and although not blackbirds per se, birds appear in the song.
    Raichu cannot be connected into the song whatsoever.

B. Tangled hint

Tangled references Pokemon Yellow, the only Pokemon on the list that isn't obtainable in Yellow is Raichu. Set of balls, a dex, and a Poke references the first part of the game, where you receive your starter, the starter you can get in Yellow at the start of the game is Pikachu, and it cannot be evolved in Yellow.

C. The challenge itself

You said we needed the right reason, The rightmost Pokemon on that list is Raichu

D. And this pun.

Raichu is definitely the answer... Right, Chu?

I SWEAR TO GOD IF ANY OF THESE THINGS I SAID ISNT ONE OF THEM IM GONNA BE SO MAD

AmetsuCAT

KITTY POWER!!
    Years
    • Age 24
    • UK
    • Seen Jun 6, 2023
    Hmm, I really have no idea. What I've been thinking has already been said. But I'll give it a go any way.

Pidgey because it was the first Pokémon that Ash 'tangled' with?

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
    Years
    Metapod because it is number 011 in the Pokedex and this is Challenge #11
    Plus I doubt its related but Intersect sounds like Insect.

pikachu because its at the bottom of the page and not mentioned with the other eight and is therefore the true odd one out

Last edited:

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
    Years
    Spoiler:
    Still no one got the answer right, even with SO MANY hints.

Okay final offer, if someone gets it right, apart from Team Safety, Individual Safety from Elimination till the Semi Finals (wow, now that's some offer o_O).

Only about 6-7 Hours more, that's it, Challenge ends & Eliminations from all three Teams.

And come on it was someone's Birthday yesterday, but no one joined in the celebrations. This is so bad, at least somebody wish him guys :(.

https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=383459

Pika Pika :chu:

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
    AW COME ON :(

EDIT:

Wartortle because National Pokedex numbers. Bulbasaur (001), Metapod (011) and Spearow (021) end in 1, Pidgey (016), and Raichu (026) end in 6, and although Venusaur (003), and Blastoise (009) have 3, and 9 as its end, respectively, 9-3 is 6. Also both of them are the 3rd stage evolution, 3+3 equals six. Wartortle (008) ends in 8.

notice me

Last edited:

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
    Years
    A. Nursery Rhyme: The song is Sing a Song of Six Pence, because Anthony Gonsalves had a song that mentioned the number 420, the same number that was mentioned in the nursery rhyme
    I did notice u Gunner (answer's still wrong btw) :P.

420 (pronounced chaar sau bees in Hindi), refers to someone who's a fraud, a conman. It has nothing to do with the monkey king's nursery rhyme, lol {XD}. Did u actually watch that song?

Just for the sake of it, here's that Anthony Gonsalvez song for the rest of u. Most of u may not understand it, but just still, see, have fun & punch in a like if u enjoy it ^^.

Spoiler:

Also, come on guys, Mickey is waiting, wish him :(.

Pika Pika :chu:

Snivy88

Hello Everyone ^^
    Years
    Uhh gotta sleep.
    Giving this one more shot, looking forward to seeing the actual answer XD
    Pidgey because it is on route one Kanto and you can fight
    Raichu because it can only be transferred to red and blue in order to evolve it and is the first Pokémon you have a fight with.
    Spears bc it has 7 letters in it's name.

I've officially gone crazy.

Linyit

Years
    Spearow bc it looks unsuspicious beside Pidgey.
    Pidgey bc it looks unsuspicious beside Spearow.
    Metapod looks like a croissant, which is edible xD
    Spearow was the Pokemon Ash thought to be a Pidgey. + he failed to cath a pidgey.
    He threw a rock at Spearows head.
    Pidgey being the only Pokemon on Route 1 >_> (Kanto)

Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    raichu because ash will be a schoolboy in alola, and raichu is the only one that has an alola form
    raichu because there is a mouse mentioned in the nursery rhyme, hickery dickery dock
    raichu because oak gives ash a pikachu in the anime and it doesn't evolve into a raichu
    raichu because your pikachu's nickname is m.o.u.s.e. what does that acronym mean btw?
    raichu because its on the right
    raichu because its raichu
    raichu because its not pikachu
    raichu because all i can think of for the past two days are bugs, mice, frogs, turtles and birds

my brain is screaming for some peace now >.<

Just for the sake of it, here's that Anthony Gonsalvez song for the rest of u. Most of u may not understand it, but just still, see, have fun & punch in a like if u enjoy it ^^.

Spoiler:

Also, come on guys, Mickey is waiting, wish him :(.
    last try. the only one to watch the video and like. most of it was greek to me, except the english parts, but was quite funny : P. also wished mickey. only one to do both, does that give me extra points :3

Last edited:

Linyit

Years
    Alright here is my next try:
    Raichu bc it's a mouse and it is Mickey Mouses birthday!
    Blastoise bc it looks like a tank xD
    Raichu, because it does not make any sense being there.
    Spearows attacked Ash and Pikachu!
    Caterpie being the first Pokemon Ash caught, evolves to Metapod! Also first Pokemon he evolved, traded and released.

Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    okay wait, in that video which chu posted, that anthony guy comes out of an easter egg. when caterpie evolves, it turns to metapod a cocoon, which is the closest to what an egg is, so I say metapod.

even if not, i should still win this, because of what i said in my above post, i followed all instructions xD.

Back