• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Event THE AMAZING PC RACE - WHO WILL BE CROWNED PC'S FIRST EVER "AMAZING DUO"?

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
    Years
    Also, just to add on to what Ben said, you cannot restrict users to only posting in your threads. If you are going to have a posting event like this, you cannot have such a silly requirement. This is not a self-promotion event and will not be one.
    It was a misunderstanding Castform, as you can see, only one Contestant misunderstood the Challenge, because she is relatively new to the Forums. I clearly told the Contestants to Post only on active Threads & Posting is not restricted to my Threads.

Again, it was a misunderstanding, but I have made everything clear to everyone now. This is the final Challenge of the Event & I'd want to continue plz :).

Pika Pika :chu:

Sirfetch’d

It was a misunderstanding Castform, as you can see, only one Contestant misunderstood the Challenge, because she is relatively new to the Forums. I clearly told the Contestants to Post only on active Threads & Posting is not restricted to my Threads.

Again, it was a misunderstanding, but I have made everything clear to everyone now. This is the final Challenge of the Event & I'd want to continue plz :).

We actually had a pm from you forwarded to us stating that contestants could only post in threads started by you but if you want to lie about it, ok. I'm just stating that you cannot make that a restriction. It's a bit ridiculous.

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
    Years
    We actually had a pm from you forwarded to us stating that contestants could only post in threads started by you but if you want to lie about it, ok. I'm just stating that you cannot make that a restriction. It's a bit ridiculous.
    Maybe I should have said, posting is not restricted to my Threads "now". I did not envision that so many Posts would be made, so I changed the rules to allow posting on any Thread & I clearly stated that u can only Post on active Threads, I didn't ask anyone to revive old Threads.

I hope we are clear now.

Linyit

yaaay :3
    Years
    Uh, its still my fault, that old threads got revived, so please don't blame LegendChu for this. I think he did not expect me to go on a post rampage. I over exaggerated, bc its the final challenge and I wanted to do my best. So, sorry everyone on this race, I did not want to disrupt this event this way, And sorry to the mods, didn't intend to bring you into this situation :pink_confused:

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
    Years
    Please don't use this as an opportunity to mass revive threads on PC. Not only will this get you an infraction/warning, you're just making things extremely difficult for our mods. Everyone here partaking in mass posting needs to read the rules before they get into that, and yes I'm posting this because this has already been an issue.

Don't ruin the fun for your fellow event-goers. Read the rules.
    Also, just to add on to what Ben said, you cannot restrict users to only posting in your threads. If you are going to have a posting event like this, you cannot have such a silly requirement. This is not a self-promotion event and will not be one.
    Brendino said:
    Brendan, I really appreciate that u saw my side to this as well, thnx for that man & sorry for all that happened, it was unintentional.

But I'm sorry to say, but this could have been handled much better & I really need to clear things from my end.

First off, I've never restricted anybody to Posting only on my Threads, on any other Challenge except this one. Since it was the final Challenge, I thought that would make it more Challenging. It was a miscalculation, an error of judgement if I may call it, coz I did not expect so many Posts to be made. Mistake admitted.

U say u have the PM. Did I ever mention there to revive my old Threads? No I did not, if fact I clearly stated, post only on "active" Threads. But for some reason u seem to have conveniently missed that part out.

One of the contestants, who is new here & not aware of the rules btw, did that coz she wanted to do well on the Challenge, so can't blame her either. I've been around the Forums long enough to know most of the rules.

And I really don't appreciate being called out in public & made to look like some kinda self-centred, egotistical, liar. On the contrary, I've gone out of my way, to make sure Contestants on my Event are comfortable & made sure I explain everything in detail. Yes there have been arguments, its a competitive Event, that's expected. But I've always tried to solve any issues that have cropped up, most of the times successfully. And I'm sure everyone on the Event, the contestants & even Brendan & Nica, will vouch for that.

I've worked my ass off to make sure everything goes smoothly. I have a full-time job, I'm a student, I have other responsibilities & with all the stuff going on out here (google up "demonetization in India" & u'll know what I'm talking out), I have a lot on my plate. Despite all that, I make sure I come here regularly & not only keep the Event updated, but try participate in other activities around the Forum as well.

If u think something was wrong, u could have easily PMed me & asked me something like "Hey Chu why are people reviving ur old Threads" or "Hey Chu, I know u asked contestants to only post on active threads, but I don't think its a good idea restricting them to Post only on ur Threads". Wouldn't that have been much better?

But instead, u decided to call me out here on the Thread & made me look like the bad guy here. For people who are in a position of authority, that is really irresponsible & very poor handling of the situation. I want to express my strong displeasure against that.

I'm really sorry guys, if anything comes out wrong, but I've always earned everything I've got, by working hard for it, so if anyone questions my honesty, integrity & work ethics, that wont go down well with me. That's all I got to say about this.

And Nica, Brendan, that thing I talked to u about was actually something I wanted to do here for Christmas, but I'm sorry guys, its off now. I don't feel like doing it any more.

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
    Years
    Please keep going Chu, thats over now and the game can continue now that everyone is clear on the rules and the rules dont break any of PCs main rules or anything, we can go back to having fun now and you dont need to worry about it cause even though that all happened we all know you arent an egotistical liar or anything even remotely close, you didnt mean to start anything and you immediately fixed it twice at least once you realized something was wrong so that it would work out without trouble.

Please stop trying to call him out, hes working to fix the misunderstanding and telling him that he did it wrong still isnt gonna do anything helpful so please stop now. Hes already tired and working on it so we should all drop it and continue on like normal k?

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
    Years
    It's our job as PokéCommunity higher staff to make sure our site is enjoyable for all users, and if in turn you are forcing users to post only in your threads for a posting event (yes, I realise you changed this later on.) then it would be something that we do not approve of as a stickied event in our sections. Events are not ego contests and I'm happy you changed it, but playing the victim here and sidelining from the fact this was originally your goal is not helping you at all. If you're offended then we're very sorry, but once again it is literally our job to intervene, especially in sections without a moderator to actively handle these issues. An event is a public avenue, we do not see any reason to take this up privately in what is a stickied, official seeming event for this section.

I agree with the sentiments of your players anyways. This doesn't need to go further and as long as you've fixed the issues with your event, that's great! I hope you guys have a fun time playing the rest of it out. :)
    Sorry Achro, there's no victim card being played here. I was pointed out in public, so how can u expect me not to give an explanation? This is almost like saying, "I'm a Mod, so I'm always right & you are always wrong".

I already said I made a mistake, I didn't expect it to go the way it did & apologized. I PMed Dino & explained everything to him & even changed the rules. If you realize that, why are you still going on & on with the same "not an ego contest" thing, when everything has already been discussed & sorted out. Please tell me, what else am I supposed to do? It seems like you are taking it on your ego.

You guys deliberately posted on other Threads & moved all my legit, well-thought of Threads on PGen, to the second page, just because one Member misunderstood the challenge. And you are repeatedly calling me out, even after I made the necessary rule changes, how can you expect me not to be offended? Yes it does seem like you are picking on me & this is very close to bullying.

And I'll stick to what I said, you should have taken it up with me privately first & if you are putting it up in public, where everyone can read, then I'll have to take a stand for myself, which I did.

Anyways, there is no point dragging this on, coz this will be a never-ending debate. I've already said what I had to, so I'm just moving on. Its the festive season & we are trying to have fun out here :).

Years
    Anyways, there is no point dragging this on, coz this will be a never-ending debate. I've already said what I had to, so I'm just moving on. Its the festive season & we are trying to have fun out here :).
    I couldn't agree more! Mistakes were made, but we shouldn't let that damper the mood here, especially so close to the end of the event. So let's get back to our irregularly scheduled eventing activities!

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
    Years
    Spoiler:

Im sorry guys I really tried to bring that candy but it was just too good.......

Happy Holidays guys! And good luck to the last of us in the challenge still!

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
    Years
    Spoiler: NOTIFICATIONS
    Brendino said:
    Merry Christmas
    Forever said:
    Merry Christmas
    NinjaQueen said:
    Merry Christmas
    DyingWillFlareon said:
    Merry Christmas
    Linyit said:
    Merry Christmas
    Snivy88 said:
    Merry Christmas
    LadyLucina said:
    Merry Christmas
    Salzorrah said:
    Merry Christmas
    Aquacorde said:
    Merry Christmas
    CatBountieHunter said:
    Merry Christmas
    Faerydae said:
    Merry Christmas
    AmetsuCAT said:
    Merry Christmas
    Toucannon said:
    Merry Christmas
    Risnionia said:
    Merry Christmas
    Merry Christmas
    MizEileen said:
    Merry Christmas
    GreenLegend56 said:
    Merry Christmas
    LennieFrost said:
    Merry Christmas
    Lugarugan said:
    Merry Christmas
    UltimateUmbreon said:
    Merry Christmas
    HyperMorian said:
    Merry Christmas
    Waterproof said:
    Merry Christmas
    PercyX said:
    Merry Christmas
    Lelouch said:
    Merry Christmas
    Juno said:
    Merry Christmas
    t0gekiss said:
    Merry Christmas
    Fayt_darkblade said:
    Merry Christmas
    Hey Hey Hey everybody, only here for a short time, so I'll make a few quick announcements!

I'm not gonna be online again today (my time), coz Christmas & most probably tomorrow as well, so everyone who hasn't sent in their answers yet, u got some more time to do so :).

Everybody else, the Final Voting announcement, to crown the Winner of the Event, is gonna be made by PMs, coz the Voting is gonna be anonymous. Will do that, as soon as we get our TOP 3 ^^. Dino, Nica, u are gonna be Voting as well :).

And don't worry Flare, I got candies for all of ya {:3}.

THE AMAZING PC RACE - WHO WILL BE CROWNED PC'S FIRST EVER "AMAZING DUO"?

{<3}MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE{<3}

Yeah, I did the coloured name thingy too :P.

I hope everyone made it so Santa's "Nice" List & is getting some real presents eh ;).

Have fun all of ya ^^!

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
    Years
    Spoiler: NOTIFICATIONS
    NinjaQueen said:
    Elekid (aka Wattson)
    DyingWillFlareon said:
    Fennekin (aka Cinde)
    Linyit said:
    Pikachu (aka Pekachu)
    Snivy88 said:
    Minun (aka Minny)
    LadyLucina said:
    Treecko (aka Telethia)
    Alright everyone, I think its been quite a while, more than 4 days in fact since the Challenges were put up, so unfortunately I'll have to end at least the First Challenge.

Only three members sent in their answers -_-. Those answers will be sent for evaluation (although I'm not sure it will be needed, if the other two Members don't complete their Second Challenge, but anyways).

I'm gonna give everyone about 12 more hours to complete the Second Challenge, i.e. Posting Challenge. So the two Members who did not do the First Challenge, that's ur only hope, or we have our TOP 3 confirmed :).

Wait... What?
    Yes Ghostot, want to ask something :)?

Uh... how are we supposed to take the candies?
    How to take the candies, 10 Easy Steps.

Step 1: Make ur way towards the assortment of candies.
    Step 2: Look around & make ur choice.
    Step 3: Extend ur hand.
    Step 4: Reach out & pick the candy u chose.
    Step 5: Move hand towards mouth.
    Step 6: Open mouth.
    Step 7: Put candy inside mouth.
    Step 8: Close mouth & move hand back to original position.
    Step 9: Start chewing.
    Step 10: Repeat Steps 1-9.

Happy and at peace. :)
    Years
    OK because I should stop giving people presents because money...

If the person that wins doesn't have supportership I'll give them a $5 supportership. Good motivation to win, yes??

OK if DWF wins I'll donate $5 to her too.

Whoever wins will get a donation prize!
    Your kindness has been and always will be appreciated. Thank you again Forever.

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
    Years
    I bet the left open candies has been bad by now.
    While u were busy contemplating, everyone else took their share, so nothing for u -_-.

Uncle has some issues right now.

There is quite a number of tasks to do, my boy.
    Then include this in ur "To do" list my boy.

There is a twist in the tale. I've received a request from a couple of Members to extend the Challenge, coz they were busy due to holidays, so the second Challenge gets extended by a few hours, but remember, only a few hours. Hopefully everybody can get it done on time :).

Back