• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: The Anime Chat Café

Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2017
    No... Lillie is evil.. she will bring Earth's destruction!!!!! LOL

I am hoping she is either part of the bad guys or one of the elite four. (secretly)

Years
  • looks like , we got a potential replacement of Serena--

The Anime Chat Café

I really like her "Glare" in the pic ! It much better then her being shy in the trailer.
    She work with regional prof for mysterious reason , hate making pokemon battle , read a lot book and play a Major role in Pokemon Sun & Moon series.
    Imagine , Her traveling with Ash as a Tsundere who disliked Ash for his rush nature and making Pokemon battle ! But , Overtime she and Ash learn to understand each other and work together.
    I guess , The main problem is that she not nearly as cute as May or any other former traveling companion.

I don't really want Lillie as the new female companion. She looks like she's too bratty and it would bring me bad memories of Iris.

Kurosaki

(「・ω・)「
    Years
  • I doubt she'll be the person that Ash travels with, but I do want her to show up. Cause she's cute and I hope her personality doesn't ruin her chara.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I was thinking Lillie could also be a replacement. And her glare is like that, but with her dialogue, she is actually pretty nice. Some one said that some of her dialogue was this.

"I....I'm not good with pokemon battles where pokemon get hurt, but I will cheer for you."

Even thought I would love a more Tom-Boyish female, this is actually the first time I have ever like one of the more 'girly' designs.

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2017
    I think whether or not she becomes Ash's companion will depend on her role in SuMo's story and what they can do to her anime-wise. If she's just the Professor's assistant it could go either way. But if she has a bigger role than that (which is what her description implies) it'll depend on how they want to work her/her role into the anime. People with certain important roles tend to have that same role in the anime, after all.

Years
  • I think whether or not she becomes Ash's companion will depend on her role in SuMo's story and what they can do to her anime-wise. If she's just the Professor's assistant it could go either way. But if she has a bigger role than that (which is what her description implies) it'll depend on how they want to work her/her role into the anime. People with certain important roles tend to have that same role in the anime, after all.

I think that making Lillie the new female companion would ruin her intended character and knowing that usually female protagonists from the games tend to be the female leads (obviously except for Misty and Iris, the latter who was shoehorned in so BW felt like a Kanto reboot) so knowing me, the new SM female protagonist will be the next Ash companion while Ash gets a new outfit based on the male protagonist.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Everyone thinks that it will be Ash's Journey with new companions or new characters.

But wonder if it is both? We saw that the Mega Episodes did pretty well in XY. Wonder if they do this to a greater extent? Instead of 4, what about 20 episodes? They could even go back and forth between Ash's group and a new group, similar to how they handled Alain. They could meet each other every now and then.

Another idea is this, we know that the hero is moving to the Alola Region. It is possible that in the anime, these heroes in S/M could be the other 2 trainers from Kanto that we have yet to see. If not that, the character could still be from Kanto and Ash may know them yet again.

Years
  • Another idea is this, we know that the hero is moving to the Alola Region. It is possible that in the anime, these heroes in S/M could be the other 2 trainers from Kanto that we have yet to see. If not that, the character could still be from Kanto and Ash may know them yet again.

I recall that in the OS episode Showdown at the Po-ke Corral Oak mentioned the two other trainers who started at the same time as Ash and Gary had retired from being trainers due to not meeting the same strengths as Ash and Gary.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I recall that in the OS episode Showdown at the Po-ke Corral Oak mentioned the two other trainers who started at the same time as Ash and Gary had retired from being trainers due to not meeting the same strengths as Ash and Gary.

Oh yeah, that's right. I remember watching a video over that the other 2 trainers. Still, if they are from Kanto, Ash could still know them. I don't think they will pull another Serena and let them know each other from camp. Which I wish they would expand on more though, which is one reason I hope Serena stays.

I think they could easily do that if they were to make a journey happen at the same time as Ash's like in Mega Episodes. And I really do hope they do that again. At least something similar to it.

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2017
    Somehow I have a feeling that Ash didn't really know the other two trainers. After all, Ash wasn't really popular when he was a kid. In the recent episode he was walking home alone in the woods. Not exactly what a small kid would be doing if they had friends. Gary was the closest thing he had to a friend. It's probably why Ash didn't really remember Serena from camp; it was a one-time moment thing and they didn't become friends at that moment. Not until years later when they met at Kalos.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    I don't really want Lillie as the new female companion. She looks like she's too bratty and it would bring me bad memories of Iris.

Just because Iris wasn't good , doesn't mean all Bratty girl are bad.
    Example : Misty .
    Iris was just as wild as Ash so people didn't like her belittling Ash when she exactly like him.
    However , Misty was more mature and intelligent then Ash so everyone accept her bossing Ash around.
    It like Ben and Gwen from Ben 10.
    Currently , The series can use bratty traveling companion! This Super sweet Cliche XY group make me puke. Since Lillie is obviously more intelligent then Ash so she's in same position as Misty.
    However , Her Glare and Her dialogue in the game are totally different.
    She's glaring in her official art but she acts like Serena in the game.
    But writer doesn't need to follow the game all the time! So , Lillie can become a traveling comanion like Misty , Bulma (DBZ) or Gwen (Ben 10).
    The main problem , I don't find her to be that cute .
    Off course , Animator might twink and make her as attractive as Angela Balzac (Expelled from Paradise)
    Spoiler:

Just like Y-chan (pokeSpe) look so much more hotter then Serena despite being based on the same girl.

Also , Rotom-pokedex make it somewhat impossible for Ash to travel with the Female S&M Protagonist because she has to get a pokedex like Ash. So ether there going to be 2 Rotom-pokedex or Ash has to work with normal pokedex while the girl has special Rotom-pokedex !
    Off Course , Writer might decide to cut off Rotom-pokedex from the Anime which will be a HUGE mistake.

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2017
    Lillie reminds meof a mix between some other characters of a series that I really love lol. So I wouldn't mind her being Ash's companion. Still holding out on seeing what gym leaders we get and what Lillie's role is though before anything. If her role is too important to take away and there isn't a suitable gym leader to join Ash we might be getting the female protagonist instead. Either way though, seeing Ash and Lillie interact will be interesting considering that she dislikes the idea of battling. N was the same way, sure, but he wasn't a companion that traveled with Ash for a whole region. So Lillie would be an interesting companion in that regard.

Also side-note I thought that she was more pouting than outright angry. And people angry-pout for a numerous of reason; doesn't mean that they're bratty imo.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • If Lillie does have a strong role, Ash could basically just be the male protagonist again. That is basically what he has been. He takes the spot of the males.

So if Lillie is really important, she could be an amazing companion for Ash. Especially if she has a ton of back story. They could always make a completely exclusive character like Tracey again, although I am not sure exactly how well that actually did.

Hau could be the male companion, but I really hope he isn't. From what we seen in the trailers from how he acts to saying 'chicken skin' just makes me think is is going to be more annoying than Iris.

I kinda hope he is free from gym leaders for once. Would be nice to see him with the 2 protagonist for once as well.

Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2016
    If there is anything that i want to know right know is what ash said to make serena sooo mad

Years
  • Specify which episode you are speaking of, and I can maybe help you with that.

And Ash is always saying the wrong things at the wrong time, so...

I'm sure he's talking about the recent episode where Serena got mad at Ash and threw snowballs at him, saying that he wasn't acting "like the Ash she knows".

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I'm sure he's talking about the recent episode where Serena got mad at Ash and threw snowballs at him, saying that he wasn't acting "like the Ash she knows".

Spoilers is accurate, but probably not 100% correct. But that is about the concept of it.

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2017
    It's because he didn't have Pikachu with him. 8)

(okay probably not. i'm just a little salty that pikachu wasn't with him during that, as much as the scene with team rocket was interesting.)

Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2017
    Everyone thinks that it will be Ash's Journey with new companions or new characters.

But wonder if it is both? We saw that the Mega Episodes did pretty well in XY. Wonder if they do this to a greater extent? Instead of 4, what about 20 episodes? They could even go back and forth between Ash's group and a new group, similar to how they handled Alain. They could meet each other every now and then.

Another idea is this, we know that the hero is moving to the Alola Region. It is possible that in the anime, these heroes in S/M could be the other 2 trainers from Kanto that we have yet to see. If not that, the character could still be from Kanto and Ash may know them yet again.

I like the idea of having two separate stories that mix sometimes, but wouldn't it be cool if they actually split to two shows Pokemon Moon and Pokemon Sun. Ash and his companion(or none) could be one storyline. The other could be a rival's storyline. It could create rivalry fandoms and also leads to something new for the series, but also keeps the old, which they are afraid to lose.

Please let Lillie be a contest coordinator!!!

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I think two different seasons might be a little too much work. Possibly a bit confusing.

Anyway, we have 23 episodes before the games come out and I don't see the Sun and Moon anime starting before the games come out, unless it is by about a week. And I don't think they will start the 20th Season until the 20th year of the anime. Which is next year I think. Next year will also be the 20th movie.

So what do you guys think will be going on? The League starts in about 3 or 4 weeks And they still have to spread the anime out for 20 episodes or so. I personally think the League will be interrupted and Ash and them will be traveling all over the region to stop Team Flare. This might be the reason why the Pokemon League will be held in Lumious City. Which Ironically is where the Start of the anime, middle of the anime and the end of the anime will probably be.

Back