• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: The Anime Chat Café

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 5, 2018
OMG they actually eat the vanillite line in the anime

Started on rival destinies yesterday, kind of preferred the original OP for season 14 but season 15 is not too bad.
Everything was ok until episode 4.

gnpxBmC.jpg

Apperently the artists of Nimbasa city eat the vanillite line as snacks. There is no more defending that that line was purely made for food reasons and its only reason for existance is to be eaten.

Spoiler:

Years
Started on rival destinies yesterday, kind of preferred the original OP for season 14 but season 15 is not too bad.
Everything was ok until episode 4.

gnpxBmC.jpg

Apperently the artists of Nimbasa city eat the vanillite line as snacks. There is no more defending that that line was purely made for food reasons and its only reason for existance is to be eaten.

Spoiler:

I think those are not actually Vanillite and its evolutions, but rather ice creams that are the in shape of them. I think the Vanillite one could have easy used a small cup that resembles the base of its body, and maybe a stylized cone for the Vanillish one, as well as likely using decorations to make their faces. Vanillite and its evolutions' designs actually appear to be sentient icicles with snow covering their head that makes them look like an ice-cream cone.

There's also the fact that Vanillite, Vanillish and Vanilluxe's actual size proportions are much larger than a real ice-cream cone. Even Vanillite itself is much larger than a standard ice-cream in a cone.

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
Years
Hey guys! I'm hosting movie nights in General Entertainment and I wanted to know if anyone is interested in anime nights as well? Could be fun to stream some old school episodes on a weekly basis and get the community together 8) Let me know!

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
So I have been looking at what happens in Episode 112 in the XY series.

Spoilers coming up:

Spoiler:

If Serena stays or goes, what would you like the new female trainer to be? I really want there to be a female gym challenger. I think it would be a nice change to have to gym challengers as the main characters. Maybe a double battle league or something where the two trainers have to work together. I also think it would be an amazing final battle in the Pokemon League.

And now on to my next question. Why do you think literally all of Ash's traveling companions and a few of his rivals are going to Johto? It just seems odd to me that so many are going to Johto. As far as I know, May, Iris, Dawn, and multiple rivals have went there. I do not remember where Cilan went after he parted from Brock. And Brock is probably traveling between Johto and Kanto. To be fairly honest, I think they are setting up the end of the anime in Johto to fight Team Rocket and having most of the main characters returning at some point. But this might be a long long time from now.

Years
Hey guys! I'm hosting movie nights in General Entertainment and I wanted to know if anyone is interested in anime nights as well? Could be fun to stream some old school episodes on a weekly basis and get the community together 8) Let me know!

I'd definitely be interested, it's been ages since I saw some old episodes. c=

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Yo guys, if you have seen all the news on Pokemon Sun and Moon, I can honestly say I would not mind at all if Serena is replaced by the female from Sun and Moon games. I love Serena, but I really love the female's design in Pokemon Sun and Moon. Hopefully they don't treat her like White/Hilda and ignore her and give him a gym leader if Serena is replaced.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Honestly , I think XY series would have been more enjoyable if Ash had a female rival like Georgia and Burgundy.
Imagine A Tsundere girl who told a grudge on Ash for defeating her But also seem to hold some affection for him which she denies.

tumblr_n20idvkCfJ1t9ihvqo2_250.gif

tumblr_n20idvkCfJ1t9ihvqo3_250.gif

Years
Yo guys, if you have seen all the news on Pokemon Sun and Moon, I can honestly say I would not mind at all if Serena is replaced by the female from Sun and Moon games. I love Serena, but I really love the female's design in Pokemon Sun and Moon. Hopefully they don't treat her like White/Hilda and ignore her and give him a gym leader if Serena is replaced.

I do think the new female protagonist from Sun & Moon definitely gives off an Ash companion vibe and wouldn't be surprised if she's the new female lead for the anime (her starter seems likely to be Rowlet or Popplio). Hilda getting completely ignored in favour of Iris was one of the downsides of BW for me so I hope he doesn't get two Gym Leaders for companions again, but granted BW was doing a lot of Kanto throwbacks and acting a lot like a reboot in that manner, such as reverting Ash back into a noob.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Yeah. Then Kalos acted like Hoenn and kinda Sinnoh, so I am hoping Alola is a lot like Sinnoh. Then I am almost 100% sure he will win.

Most of my predictions for the XY anime have come true and I have been somewhat accurate about when until XYZ started. I really hope all of Alola will be like Pokemon XYZ.

If the female from the games is in it and she isn't going to be a gym challenger, I really hope she does Pokéathlon or Pokemon Racing. Ash could participate, but not be a winner other than a few times. I think having a main character do Pokeathlons would be totally amazing and it wouldn't always have to be the same thing.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
Here's my honest opinion about what I want Sun & Moon to be like. I'd love it if Ash is with TWO newbie trainers. Two instead of one. Maybe the guy newbie could be unsure of what his goal is, and the girl newbie could try racing, as IcyIce stated above me.

...But two newbies will never happen. He'll probably get with one of the most kid looking male gym leader as his male companion. :|

Years
Here's my honest opinion about what I want Sun & Moon to be like. I'd love it if Ash is with TWO newbie trainers. Two instead of one. Maybe the guy newbie could be unsure of what his goal is, and the girl newbie could try racing, as IcyIce stated above me.

...But two newbies will never happen. He'll probably get with one of the most kid looking male gym leader as his male companion. :|

There's always the chance the writers could change it up a lot, especially when you consider all the patterns XY broke.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019

How about We have new female companion who happen to be the Professor's assistant and traveling to Gather Data about Alola Legendary Or True strength of Pokemon ?
At least , That way She and Ash can run into that Evil Team that's after Alola legendary and want all the Data She collected.
Honestly , I wish for a New Girl who acts like the "Lass" from Pokemon Origin!
Suppose --

--–1) Ash does something to Anger her (Like Pikachu accidentally frying her bike) which promote her to battle Ash that end like -

Spoiler:

---2) She still refuse to admit Ash to be stronger then her So she start following Ash around for rematch.

---3) She's will be a girl with high IQ who researching the best way for a pokemon to be stronger! That's the main reason she can not accept Ash's superiority over her due to their intellectual difference.

---4) She laugh at Ash when he decide to challenge a gym-leader claiming that Ash is too young to challenge a gym-leader with just a pikachu.

tumblr_inline_o599mbOyti1sspm76_540.jpg

---5) She & New male companion will also get Mad when Ash bluntly challenges An E4 member for a battle without showing any manner.

tumblr_inline_o599sfDkh61sspm76_540.jpg

---6) However , This will be her face when Ash wins his 1st Gym-battle

tumblr_inline_o599xe9EG01sspm76_540.jpg

---7) Afterward , She start following Ash around to learn his secret however Ash will not be thrill about her following him around and telling him what to do.

Years
  • Age 41
  • Seen Apr 23, 2017
Contests need to return, so I would love a newbie trainer that is a big May and Drew fan be Ash's companion. I would see her being like the protagonist for Sun and Moon and start with a Rowlet. Then, a science discovery type kid that is collecting rare stones and has a fossil pokemon. He could end up finding new stones that may evolve certain types (such as an Eevee that the girl could get).

Kurosaki

(「・ω・)「
Years
Contests coming back would be cool!

Though, I would be lying if I said that I disliked the performances that Serena participates in. They usually make for cute episodes. That could be just the girly side of me that likes all the colorful, sparkly stage performances. Contests definitely weren't as made up.

re: Origins, I've pretty much given up on the main series anime characters being more like the game characters. It just never really happens, except for the rivals being similar sometimes.

Ash traveling with two newbies instead of one would be neat, though, rather than a Gym Leader dropping their lives at the drop of a hat for Ash.

Years
So I found this.

It turns out the Kalos League arc will be beginning at the end of June, and Ash will probably catch his final Kalos team member around that time since he'll need six Pokemon for the full battle rounds. But if this is to go by, Ash is probably going to use only his Kalos team which is disappointing because I was hoping for his older-gen reserves to come back.

But if the League is starting in June-July, and S/M aren't released until November, this means we may get a lot of fillers after the League ends and eventually leading up to the inevitable farewell for Serena, Bonnie and Clemont while Ash discovers the Alola region and is heading on his way there.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Well Team Flare Arc will probably start right after the League. Similar to how Team Plasma's Arc was after the League. Team Flare hasn't been stopped yet.

Goodra is also coming back and that still doesn't mean Ash won't bring back any old pokemon.

According to the titles, there is supposed to be a Charizard X vs Y. This leads me to believe that Ash will bring back Charizard. As only Trevor and Alaine have badges and Alaine has not indicated anything about badges.

It also seems like Tierno and Sawyer battle in which it sounds like Sawyer loses.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 17, 2017
I've already mentioned this, but it's possible that Alan will be in the League if it's a Team Flare plot. That is if they are going to do the Flame Arc within the league. I've heard people hope that it's not what happens (considering the location and what happened in France in the past year), so it's really up in the air right now. We'll likely be getting more information as we get closer to the league. But, as I mentioned somewhere else, is that the Charizard X and Y battle might not have anything to do with Ash. Not when he has Ash-Greninja and Mega Evolution is something he would also have to overcome. Why do Ash-Greninja and have him overcome that just to give him a Mega? Not good writing, in my opinion.

Kurosaki

(「・ω・)「
Years
Oh my gosh, if he just plows through with Greninja, I will be so mad. I mean, I like the whole fusion thing, but I don't want it to be the only battling method he has to use for the rest of forever when he wants to win.

Also, yes please @ Ash possibly using his Charizard again

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
According to the titles, there is supposed to be a Charizard X vs Y. This leads me to believe that Ash will bring back Charizard. As only Trevor and Alaine have badges and Alaine has not indicated anything about badges.

Also, yes please @ Ash possibly using his Charizard again

You two will be disappointed to know that the Mega Charizard Y is not Ash's.

Spoiler:

Back