• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: The Anime Chat Café

Years
Oh my gosh, if he just plows through with Greninja, I will be so mad. I mean, I like the whole fusion thing, but I don't want it to be the only battling method he has to use for the rest of forever when he wants to win.

As Kory mentioned, it's confirmed that Mega Charizard Y belongs to Trevor. Plus, Ash is confirmed to not be using any older-gen reserves, making this the third region (not counting Kanto) that he's using only his new team for the region, after Hoenn and Unova.

There has been mystery over who Ash could get for his sixth team member when he reaches the full-battle stages, but it seems a lot of people presume it'll be Goodra making a comeback to the team.

And yes the anime does love to set us up for disappointment, and maybe that's one of my speculations as to why the Japanese viewer ratings figures are at a new low.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
I'm trying a thousand tears right now, why must the anime hurt us like this?

Because we are Ash-fan and he wasn't created by Tomioka's team! He was created by Takeshi Shudo's Team.
Just look at Alain who is in fact created by Tomioka's team.
He gets a free keystone and Mega Charizard right at the start of the series and reach E4 level only in 4 episode.
While Shota just stay off-screen and come back with more badge , Keystone , Mega Sceptile and more power then Ash. He even got a better team then Ash.
While Ash is in this anime for 700 episode yet he can't win a league and reach an E4 trainer level! He had One Pseudo-Legendary pokemon that he had to release and A "Something Like Mega" that might kill him while destroying all his possibility to have any megevolve pokemon.

Ash losing the Kalos League would be the biggest prof of Writers favoritism! If Writers doesn't favor anyone then Ash will win Kalos League since its his Main goal! Alain's main goal is to be The strongest Megevolution user which he nearly fulfilled after beating Malva and Shota goal was to megevolve Sceptile SO ASH IS THE ONLY ONE WHO HAVEN'T FULFILLED HIS MAIN GOAL.

TheLegendaryGuy

The greatest Ash Ketchum fan!
Years
Yo guys, if you have seen all the news on Pokemon Sun and Moon, I can honestly say I would not mind at all if Serena is replaced by the female from Sun and Moon games. I love Serena, but I really love the female's design in Pokemon Sun and Moon. Hopefully they don't treat her like White/Hilda and ignore her and give him a gym leader if Serena is replaced.

I'd just haate it if they replace Serena so soon. I personally wanted her to continue with Ash forever, but since thats not gonna happen. So, i'd like it if she continued with him for atleast 3-5 gens.

Kurosaki

(「・ω・)「
Years
Because we are Ash-fan and he wasn't created by Tomioka's team! He was created by Takeshi Shudo's Team.
Just look at Alain who is in fact created by Tomioka's team.
He gets a free keystone and Mega Charizard right at the start of the series and reach E4 level only in 4 episode.
While Shota just stay off-screen and come back with more badge , Keystone , Mega Sceptile and more power then Ash. He even got a better team then Ash.
While Ash is in this anime for 700 episode yet he can't win a league and reach an E4 trainer level! He had One Pseudo-Legendary pokemon that he had to release and A "Something Like Mega" that might kill him while destroying all his possibility to have any megevolve pokemon.

Ash losing the Kalos League would be the biggest prof of Writers favoritism! If Writers doesn't favor anyone then Ash will win Kalos League since its his Main goal! Alain's main goal is to be The strongest Megevolution user which he nearly fulfilled after beating Malva and Shota goal was to megevolve Sceptile SO ASH IS THE ONLY ONE WHO HAVEN'T FULFILLED HIS MAIN GOAL.
I think in some weird way, they think that if Ash starts winning leagues and actually becoming a "Pokemon Master", maybe people would stop watching? Because it could reach that mentally of "Oh, he's accomplished it's goal, it's done now". Though, I definitely do think that part of Ash's character staying mostly the same, would be the newer writers trying to stay true to the original, like you said in a way.

I'd just haate it if they replace Serena so soon. I personally wanted her to continue with Ash forever, but since thats not gonna happen. So, i'd like it if she continued with him for atleast 3-5 gens.

I would also be okay with her staying, but it never happens, so we can just cry until maybe she makes an appearance at the end of the next series.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
We still don't know 100% if she is continuing or not. Even though there are hints, Bird Keeper Toby had a nice theory. He also pointed out that the new female looked a lot like Serena in game model, similar to the boy.

They are still having strong strong shipping moments for Serena and Ash. So I am not sure they are done yet. Plus they have changed the anime greatly this saga.

And I am not disappointed at all, I am just simply speculating. People are presuming Goodra is coming back because of the title of the episode after this coming week's episode.

For all we know, Kalos League might not even finish if this time. Ash could we by default for helping save Kalos and refuse the title, because he didn't actually win and choose to go on to the next region.

Itcheeee

All Hail Shadow
Years
Here's my honest opinion about what I want Sun & Moon to be like. I'd love it if Ash is with TWO newbie trainers. Two instead of one. Maybe the guy newbie could be unsure of what his goal is, and the girl newbie could try racing, as IcyIce stated above me.

...But two newbies will never happen. He'll probably get with one of the most kid looking male gym leader as his male companion. :|

I'd love to see a group of new trainers with Ash, but like you said the later will probably happen instead :s

Last edited:

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
I'd love to see a group of new trainers with Ash, but like you said the later will probably happen instead :s

Yeah, probably. It's a shame how the anime never really does anything new with itself. In B/W, Ash was technically travelling with two Gym Leaders, so one thing I do hope is that they don't repeat this pattern in Sun/Moon. If they're replacing Ash (which I also doubt), they'll probably replace him with the new male trainer from Alola.

Here's an interesting theory: what if they DO replace Ash, and the anime follows the games more closely? Probably only a 3% of that happening, though...

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
If they were to follow the games closer, I wouldn't mind as long as it remained in the anime world. However, I would prefer it to be more like the manga.

So I was right about Lumious City being the place for the Pokemon League when we first got the opening. Which I am surprised we haven't gotten a new opening yet. Usually Japan changes halfway through the season, but the season could be longer which I am thinking it will.

The Flare Arc will probably start during the Pokemon League which I am wondering how they will handle it and I wonder what will happen. Currently it is giving off the vibe of Dragon Ball, before Z started. Where the arena was destroyed and Goku won by default, kinda.

They might go back to Team Flare's hide out where the weapon is. And they may give Ash and his friends a Parade. Shauna said she was going to a far away region in the games, Serena may follow and then Ash may go with Serena. Clemont and Bonnie might stay behind to help repair the city, unless Clemont's Dad says that he can go and he will take care of the city once they find out Blaziken Man is actually Clemont's Dad.

Years
Yeah, probably. It's a shame how the anime never really does anything new with itself. In B/W, Ash was technically travelling with two Gym Leaders, so one thing I do hope is that they don't repeat this pattern in Sun/Moon. If they're replacing Ash (which I also doubt), they'll probably replace him with the new male trainer from Alola.

Here's an interesting theory: what if they DO replace Ash, and the anime follows the games more closely? Probably only a 3% of that happening, though...

I heard a reason as to why Yo-Kai Watch is extremely popular is because Pokemon has been doing literally the same concepts for 20 years and the Japanese kids are getting bored of repetitive formats, and that's what I likely blame for the bad XY ratings.

But if the writers pick up on that bad performance, I'm sure they'll do some huge changes for SM. Replacing Ash would be a bit still far-off but it could work if they are going to do a complete reboot that seems likely not to happen.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
I heard a reason as to why Yo-Kai Watch is extremely popular is because Pokemon has been doing literally the same concepts for 20 years and the Japanese kids are getting bored of repetitive formats, and that's what I likely blame for the bad XY ratings.

But if the writers pick up on that bad performance, I'm sure they'll do some huge changes for SM. Replacing Ash would be a bit still far-off but it could work if they are going to do a complete reboot that seems likely not to happen.

How do you feel Bruno as Ash's traveling companion ?
I see Bruno as an immature irresponsible yet wish adult like Gintoki (Gintama).
Imagine , All the funny thing that can happen because of Bruno.

Suppose , An haunted house episode where Bruno and Siebold claim that they aren't afraid of Ghosts.
But , They gets scared the most during the episode.

Kurosaki

(「・ω・)「
Years
What's funny is that Pokemon's staff has said that they're keeping it the same, because that's what people fell in love with years ago. I think they're worried about changing, which sucks, because change is what a lot of us have been hoping for. They can change how Pokemon operates and make it less repetitive without losing it's charm, they just need to figure out how.

Though, I do feel like X is making some changes in comparison to other recent series, and hopefully Sun and Moon's anime will continue to make even more. Maybe it would be interesting for kids and older fans, and get them back into it. Or get new fans into it!

They're not dead in the water yet.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
I'm not... going comment on Yo Kai Watch.

Honestly, with how X and Y is handling itself, you won't know what to expect this time around. Ash could win a league, and be replaced, hell, Serena could join Ash, anything is possible. It's way too early to call the shots now, anyway.

But, what I do know is that Yo Kai Watch and Pokemon are handled by the same animation team.

Years
Honestly, with how X and Y is handling itself, you won't know what to expect this time around. Ash could win a league, and be replaced, hell, Serena could join Ash, anything is possible. It's way too early to call the shots now, anyway.

But, what I do know is that Yo Kai Watch and Pokemon are handled by the same animation team.

I feel like XY is really breaking the mold, especially now that Ash winning the Kalos League is becoming more likely given his fully-evolved team and the overpowered Ash Greninja.

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Jan 3, 2018
To break mold its not even needed to jump the hoops and loops resorting to something as drastic as reboot. Replacing Ash and introducing entirely different timeline and continuity. Which may or may not backfire dearly given how Ash is after all main mascot and icon pf pokemon anime.

There exists much cheaper, less risky and possibly all around more attractive more in repariing staggered ratings and dropped reputation of pokemon series.

Answer lies in stronger continuity, return of mega popular older characters and meaningful story present behind their reintroduction.

Yugioh did it with movie "Dark Side of Dimensions!", Digimon with Digimon Tri Adventure, so did DBZ with Dragon ball Super etc. And amount of money, hype, positive reception and excitement exceeded by far any investment done in revival of this franchise roots bringing back fan favorites in updated, fresh and new light.

Pokémon could easily do similar thing as well.

Because lets face it who isn't interested in lets take Misty for example and finding out what's been happening with very first pok girl for all this years?
How much she changed, did she went on solo adventures and what will come out of her water pokemon master career and desire to become E4 member one day?
Hawaki based region like Sun and Moon is perfect place for her reintroduction participating in all kind of water sports, enter tournaments as follow up from Whirl Cup. introduce through Misty new ideas of battling. Like underwater duels having wide repertoire of pokemon for such task advancing her story. And of course see her tough, spunky and lively character put in some action again and if her once very close friendship with Ash is still same after reuniting with him after so many years.

Who wouldn't be interested in doing coverage of May journeys as pokemon coordinator through Johto and beyond. See how far she came and what new pokemon she got? What happened to her rivals and see her meet up with Ash again who influenced her life so much?

Or see what's been happening to Brock and his newly found career of becoming doctor?

Because if pokemon directors idea was to treat this anime as one big on going journey with same star Ash. Than at least there should had been taken more conservative approach in not replacing main cast so often and bring back replaced older friends acknowledging their existence and influence on pokemon story. Give people update and insight in how much things changed with them and advance their stories and plot utilizing some of massive potential existing for eventful,meaningful sequels. Rather than rotting abandoned and unfinished in past losing any relevance they used to have.

In other words ensuring to at least play recurring role remaining relevant and coming back when they could gain something from new game features and story subplots.

Strengthening continuity, enrich story with this unexpected twists and stabilize on Ash character development. In remembering his previous achievements and adventures adding to his growth exponentially.

We are in years of Pokémon franchise celebrating 20 years of its existence so there's this factor too to take in account, In being used as opportunity to change this old, repetitive formula and at same time reinvent interest from older fans back into show. And deliver to new viewers more stable and of higher quality story too.

Being situation pleasant for all sides.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 17, 2017
It'd be nice if they did another Pokemon Chronicles side series sometime. That way we can look a bit more into the other characters, what they are doing, and who they might have become while Ash is off on his own journey. That way they don't have to try to work the characters back into Ash's story; they can instead still have their own story going on beyond Ash. Have their character development be beyond just they're journey from Ash, and so forth. Because in the end their journey with Ash is just the beginning. All of 'em are young after all, haha.

But the last specials we had were Cilan's and Iris', so more would be nice. I'd love to see what characters like Shinji, Ash's BW Rivals, and maybe even Shouta and the XY Trio are doing when they're not encountering Ash.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
Pokemon Chronicles

Gonna clip this while I quote you because I wanna tl;dr, aha.

I'd love to see them do more Pokemon Chronicles Specials. What I've noticed in the dub, is that they stopped dubbing those, but... that beside the point... side stories for Misty, Brock, and etc, is something I've always wanted to see, since it's unlikely Misty will be returning. The anime director said Misty will "never return as a main character in the show." You can read about that here. The article is DATED, eight years old dated, but it does exist.

I'd love for, maybe, a movie one day about this, too, if the anime does end, where Ash visits all his old friends and catches up with them? Suppose that's wishful thinking, though.

I wouldn't put it out of the question, but hmm.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 17, 2017
See, I'd hope that they did the dubbing for another Chronicle-esque thing a lot better than the first since the first dubbing was terrible. Not that it matters to me since I for the most part just watch it in Japanese. But it's all the most reason why Misty, Brock, and such would likely only be seen again in a side series than the main series since they will never be main characters again.

While it would be neat to see Ash meet up with some of his old companions it's all but wishful thinking at this point.

Kurosaki

(「・ω・)「
Years
The only thing about Chronicles, is that it was put together by episodes of the normal anime that the dub originally cut out and didn't air for whatever reasons they saw fit, and then rather than leaving them out they put them together and made up Pokemon Chronicles. So for something like to happen again, they'd have to start leaving episodes out of the dub again, and that woulda kinda bite.

It would be awesome if Japan would just.. actually animate a side-series that talked about them. Though, their mentality is probably that a lot of the kids watching nowadays wouldn't recognize the characters, and they care too much about impressing younger fans, IMO.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
looks like , we got a potential replacement of Serena--

tumblr_o85c807eTL1sut7o7o2_500.png

I really like her "Glare" in the pic ! It much better then her being shy in the trailer.
She work with regional prof for mysterious reason , hate making pokemon battle , read a lot book and play a Major role in Pokemon Sun & Moon series.
Imagine , Her traveling with Ash as a Tsundere who disliked Ash for his rush nature and making Pokemon battle ! But , Overtime she and Ash learn to understand each other and work together.
I guess , The main problem is that she not nearly as cute as May or any other former traveling companion.

I guess , another companion would be --

tumblr_o85cu9o2Gw1rk1aixo3_1280.png

If Ash get one of these then I hope Rottom-Pokedex will have same personality as Whisper (Youkai Watch).
I don't want Ash being super sweet or Nice to Rottom-Pokedex.
I want Ash to treat Rottom-Pokedex exactly like how Keita treats Whisper.

Back