• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen The Battle Frontier

Princess Diana

the people's princess
Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    That's really disappointing, especially considering they made a whole anime series revolving around it. :( Hoenn's Battle Frontier has been the best. The one's that came after were just pale imitations. :(

I pray there is DLC (hopefully not day 1 though, maybe a few weeks after the European release/just before Christmas!) that includes it

UnchainedGoku

Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • The IGN Review (aka the one which said "too much water") did say there was a good amount of postgame stuff so there might still be hope that what they are saying are true.

Hoenn haters be mad lol I hated that review, people still stuck on Hoenn has too much water after 10 years, I think the water is what makes Hoenn special, I do agree that wild water battles could use some work with the variety and all 100 Tentacools in a row does get annoying and the HM system needs work too but still a 7.8/10? Pokemon is still a better game than most of the drivel released these days.

Years
  • I thought it was established a while ago that the Battle Resort was what would be present... Why did people still think the Battle Frontier was going to be in the game? Did they just forget about that? :/ As i've mentioned, hopefully the Resort will have more to it. *cough Triple and Rotation Battles cough*

And two Day-Care centers?! Wow, that's something else.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    You can't just put every good feature into only one game. I mean who would buy the next games (you know, these games that come out next year :P) if all the wanted features are already in the older games (in this case ORAS) included?[/sarcasm]

But it is kinda funny how people already found something they can complain about, even though the games aren't even released, yet.

ShadowEdge

Pokemon Master!
    Years
  • I wouldn't be surprised if DLC is a thing for this game then again I'm going with my theory that BF will be added as the days progress. Sort of like how the demo is, you know what with Stevens house.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    So other than Rayquaza Delta Episode and the mirage spots, what is the post game ? Another kind of similar kiloude city with a second daycare and battle resort which seems to be some kind of battle Maison thing like in Kiloude. It's almost no different than XY post game even if you can capture other old legendaries in mirage spots if it's what I think Battle Resort is.

Years
  • Never cared for the Frontier so I'm not particularly upset over this (assuming it's even true), but I do find it odd that it would be mentioned but not actually show up in the games...unless it was mentioned in the original R/S, in which case I guess that would make sense.

So other than Rayquaza Delta Episode and the mirage spots, what is the post game ? Another kind of similar kiloude city with a second daycare and battle resort which seems to be some kind of battle Maison thing like in Kiloude. It's almost no different than XY post game even if you can capture other old legendaries in mirage spots if it's what I think Battle Resort is.

Not sure what else you were expecting outside of more (or most in this case) legendaries, some sort of battle facility (which IS what the Maison is, assuming it's in the game in the first place and this isn't a "leaker" messing with people as tends to happen and considering we don't know anything about this one I think it's a bit soon to be passing judgement on it regardless), and maybe a post game story of some sort and Gym Leader/Elite Four rematches (which if the demo dump is anything to go by, at least Elite Four rematches have been confirmed)...which, you know, is basically what every Pokemon post game ever is.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I wouldn't rule it out as of yet, remember reviewers have an embargo as to the amount of content they're allowed to reveal.

" I can't be specific about the incredibly exciting things that happen once you beat the game. " - Kotaku.

Even if they're not initially in game, there are plenty of other ways that the BF could be implemented in the game at a later date with Day One release patches or DLC.

Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2018
    For all we know, maybe they were instructed to say that there is no Battle Frontier in the game, or to complete avoid revealing it, just so that we'd be even more excited when it actually is in the game.

Years
  • Slightly off topic but what you're saying about a second Day Care is pretty interesting, to the best of my knowledge that hasn't happened since FRLG. I'm wondering will it be like those games where the first one you come across you can only raise one and then the second one you get to raise two (which I'd be puzzled if it WAS like that cause I feel like most people just use it for breeding) BUT guess we'll just have to wait and see :) Not long now! :)

Years
  • Slightly off topic but what you're saying about a second Day Care is pretty interesting, to the best of my knowledge that hasn't happened since FRLG. I'm wondering will it be like those games where the first one you come across you can only raise one and then the second one you get to raise two (which I'd be puzzled if it WAS like that cause I feel like most people just use it for breeding) BUT guess we'll just have to wait and see :) Not long now! :)

I think you're talking about Black & White, the Day Care in those games only allowed one Pokemon at first but they start allowing two after you rescue the Day Care Man from Team Plasma in Nimbasa City. And in Black 2 & White 2's case the Day Care only available in the postgame.

I still don't get what the second Day Care is there for though.

Years
  • I think you're talking about Black & White, the Day Care in those games only allowed one Pokemon at first but they start allowing two after you rescue the Day Care Man from Team Plasma in Nimbasa City. And in Black 2 & White 2's case the Day Care only available in the postgame.

I still don't get what the second Day Care is there for though.

FR/LG's daycare only allowed you to leave one Pokemon. There was a second on on the Sevii Islands (I think) that allowed you to leave two and breed.

They probably put the second daycare there just to save a trip between the IV checker and the daycare. Might've made a bit more sense to put the IV checker in the old daycare, assuming it's even still around and can still be used for breeding, but on the other hand....this way you can get more eggs, I guess?

Back