• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: The Battle Tree - Where Strong Opponents Await!

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
  • I looooove rematching famous trainers. What I'm most excited for is the 6v6 battles (it showed Red having 6) so that's pretty cool!

Reactions: EC

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
    Years
  • THIS. THIS. THIS BROUGHT BACK MY HYPE FOR THIS GAME, GOD BLESS YOU GAMEFREAK I DIDN'T THINK YOU GUYS COULD DO IT.

I'm so happy, I was playing the PWT a lot on a used copy of White 2 recently (cause I fell out of pokemon around that time, so I didn't explore the post-game much) and it is so much fun, but now you're telling me we're doing full 6v6 battles, the trainers are OLDER, Wally is there (Rivals confirmed?) BRO this might be better than the PWT could ever have been. I really hope all Champions/Gym Leaders/ Elite 4/ Rivals come back, but I'll take what I can get. I'm just super hype I can fight Red again and now he'll be staring at me while I make my moves. That's what I'm hyped for, full 3D models of my favorite characters! Man SM might very well be the best Pokemon games!

Itcheeee

All Hail Shadow
    Years
  • I'm glad to see all of these characters return, I'm shocked they actually brought Red back after all this time. Blue has appeared so many times, I guess they thought it was finally time for Red to show up again lol
    And I may be one of the few who like Wally, but it's great to see him play a role in a new game and see him get stronger <3

Years
  • This is incredible and has gotten me so hyped. Sun and Moon are really changing things up!

I just hope they keep Red silent. I don't want to hear him speak :3

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • woo. Look like I was right about them bringing both Blue and Red back *does dance*

I figured they would. I know people said they wouldn't because of the different timelines, but everything has still happened. One just has Megas and the other doesn't.

I do wonder if they will tell us what the years are between Red/Blue and Sun/Moon.

Years
  • Well this is certainly something. Curious as to how Wally has somehow managed to avoid aging in all this time, although the likely and boring answer is Game Freak couldn't be bothered to make a new model. Still weird, though.

Red looks like he's stuck up and doesn't want to be here.

It's probably the sudden change in climate. He's gone from chilling (literally) on top of a mountain for the past few years to a bunch of tropical islands. That can't be a very welcome change.

Snivy88

Hello Everyone ^^
    Years
  • So my reaction was basically HYYYYPPPPEEEEE.
    I think Game Freak is my saviour right now. This. Is. Gold.
    I get to fight ALONG Cynthia. CYNTHIA.
    And I love Blue. And I'm really glad that Red is still silent XD

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    He reminds me of one of those guys who peaked as a high school jock and never grew past it. Like he's just stuck remembering his glory days.
    Yeah! Or even like one of those dads who's trying really hard to stay "hip and cool."

The Battle Tree - Where Strong Opponents Await!

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
    Years
  • I can't wait to hear remixes of the old themes again, one of the most satisfying things of the PWT tbh. And I didn't think they'd give us a remix of Blue's encounter theme, so maybe it'll be for all characters? CYNTHIA'S ENCOUNTER THEME THOUGH. Oh and another excuse to listen to Wally's battle music HYPE.

Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2018
    I really hope that the Battle Tree has a more wider variety of music to choose from instead of Battle Maison's 4 songs.

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
    Years
  • Now that I think about it, the Battle Tree must just be this gen's Battle Tower/Subway/Maison. The only difference is that old characters return making it more exciting. I wonder though, why do we fight Red with 6 Pokemon then? Are there more options? I need GameXplain to make their analysis so I can understand what the options the player is picking from in the japanese trailer mean.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Now that I think about it, the Battle Tree must just be this gen's Battle Tower/Subway/Maison. The only difference is that old characters return making it more exciting. I wonder though, why do we fight Red with 6 Pokemon then? Are there more options? I need GameXplain to make their analysis so I can understand what the options the player is picking from in the japanese trailer mean.
    It is the Battle Tower--you pick Singles, Doubles... But instead of having all-new characters as the "bosses" (Subway Masters, Tower Tycoon, Maison... people, etc.), there are older characters filling those roles, like Wally as shown. If you beat them, you can "scout" them, and have them fight alongside you in Multi-Battles, instead of having some generic character fight alongside you.

I don't think the battles with Red and Blue were actually a part of the Battle Tower challenge (which is why they had a team of 6), but you probably unlock the ability to battle them once you reach a certain win streak.

EDIT:
    The options when the Trainer speaks to the reception lady in the Japanese trailer, from top to bottom:
    Challenge/Attempt (the Battle Tree)
    Listen to an explanation
    Change the music
    Stop (exit the menu)

Last edited:
    Back