• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Best Overall Team (Unofficial)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ársa

k.
    Years
    We're discussing walls for the team that are a Heracross Counter currently, and Starmie for a spinner while being a special attacker, and Donphan as a Phazer, or Starmie as being a full on special sweeper and leaving Donphan as a spinner, or even replacing Gengar with Starmie. Also if you didn't understand that then you need to learn more before trying to help. No offense but Im kind of tired of people not knowing what they're talking about disrupting the thread.

And Weezing is actually an interesting idea, but he can fall to a CBcross. Gliscor looks good to me. He's a hera counter, he helps deal with Sandstorm teams, and Infernape ats up a lot of ice users. Especially wiht U-Turn, don't know it, its more impressive than lots of people think.

I understand on both counts, the theory and the agony...lol

~T_S

I like Gliscor also, I'm just not familiar with a set. Does it normally run 252 HP/Def? I haven't used Gliscor before, and I don't like resorting to smogon unless I have too...

Gliscor@Leftovers
    Impish
    252 HP, 252 Def, 6 Atk
    Sand Veil

Earthquake
    Roost
    Aerial Ace
    Stealth Rock / Taunt

(What is Donpahn running? Do you want Stealth Rock support?)

72 Spd EV's will let us Outrun a Magnezone with the HP Ice threat, but I don't think we should worry too much, cause as Midnight states, Nape can switch in on HP Ice then outspeed anyway.

~T_S

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2010
    Here's a good counter for Hera:

Staraptor@Attack Boosting Item
    Adamant

Brave Bird
    Close Combat
    U-Turn
    Aerial Ace

This big bird can sweep Heracross, use U-Turn on Starmie to inflict damge, then zoom out.
    Just keep away from Electrics.

Ársa

k.
    Years
    Here's a good counter for Hera:

Staraptor@Attack Boosting Item
    Adamant

Brave Bird
    Close Combat
    U-Turn
    Aerial Ace

This big bird can sweep Heracross, use U-Turn on Starmie to inflict damge, then zoom out.
    Just keep away from Electrics.

lol, reminds me of something. Some dude was going around smogon saying he had an awesome hera counter. His was the exact same as yours, but he had Focus Sash. His arguement?

"After you are KO'd, switch in Staraptor and use Brave Bird. Heracross will hit you and leave with 1 HP due to Focus Sash, then you Brave Bird it to death. The opponent sends something else out, and you U-Turn!"

Too bad you used Brave Bird.... o.0;

~T_S

Waker of Chaos

Unlimited
    Years
    I'm just glad he put some thought into it. Still, I'd wish he'd stop saying things like "Be sure not to leave it against electrics". Duh. Like saying "When you iron your clothes, be sure not to touch the hot part."

That's funny.

Just an idea, but why not put a Choice Scarf on that Staraptor you said was close? That way, it would outspeed anything that wasn't already insanely fast, like a Speed Deoxys or something.

Death_Machine

Metal Addict
    Years
    • Seen Dec 7, 2013
    I'm not sure but i think weezing could take CBHera, and as i said before the team doesn't have status inflicting moves (except Blissey mayB) so: Weezing > Gliscor, this guy could take a hit from a gyarados after 2 DD, i burned him, painsplit and hazed him away.

I am still for Donphan, cuz it's a lot better than Starmie.

P.S: lol at keep away from electrics

Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2010
    Yeah, Weezing's a great wall/counter. Its Poison 4x Sludge Bomb can ice any Heracross. I just wish there was a Weezing being used that wasn't suicidal(using Self-Blow Up, Explosion)

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
    4x Sludge Bomb? Weezing doesn't usually run that, since it has such lousy coverage.

But it's still inferior to Gliscor. Gliscor has STAB super effective hits, as well as a reliable healing move in Roost. plus, once Hera is locked on one move, you can U-Turn to ANOTHER counter. Gliscor just toys around with Hera.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    Yeah, Weezing's a great wall/counter. Its Poison 4x Sludge Bomb can ice any Heracross. I just wish there was a Weezing being used that wasn't suicidal(using Self-Blow Up, Explosion)

Oh boy, JB you really need to learn the basics, Sludge Bomb hurts us not Heracross due to its poison rate *CoughGutsCough*, Weezing is a wall and should never blow up EVER. Sludge Bomb is not 4x effective on heracross and it wont be "iced" by it due to heracross's above average sp.def. Poison also has almost no type coverage like sims said.

Weezing@Leftovers
    Bold Nature
    252 HP / 252 DEF / 6 SP.DEF
    - Haze / Will-wisp
    - Fire Blast
    - Thunderbolt
    - Pain Split

Thunderbolt 2hkos Gyarados who lols at you otherwise, Fire Blast takes out heracross. Pain Split to recover, and the Haze / Will-wisp is up to you.
    Will-o-wisp bear in mind HELPS heracross which is why i never run it on this.

4x Sludge Bomb? Weezing doesn't usually run that, since it has such lousy coverage.

But it's still inferior to Gliscor. Gliscor has STAB super effective hits, as well as a reliable healing move in Roost. plus, once Hera is locked on one move, you can U-Turn to ANOTHER counter. Gliscor just toys around with Hera.

Gliscor is amazing and /THE/ best Heracorss counter. U-Turn is meh though.

Gliscor@Leftovers
    Impish nature
    252 HP / 252 DEF / 6 ATT
    - Earthquake
    - Roost
    - Aerial Ace / Ice Fang / Stone Edge
    - Stealth Rock / Knock Off / Taunt

Change and alter moves as you see fit and what we want to counter.

EQ and Roost are mandatory.

Aerial Ace gets STAB and OHKOs Heracross.Ice Fang 2HKO'S dragons.Stone Edge Helps deal with Gyarados.

Last Slot, Stealth Rock for team support. Knocking off items is good and helps reveal things about the pokemon they are running, also things really dont like when their item goes missing as it cripples them. Taunt stops set ups and statuses.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Weezing runs sludge bomb a lot actually, but it has lol coverage as stated.

Seriously, Staraptor can't counter Heracross. Close Combat and Stone Edge will both Wreck it. Try again.

Explosion weezing is fun...but should really only be used on attacking variants, as mentioned earlier.

Seriously JB, leave the thread and learn some basics. I'm not trying to be mean, but your advice isn't really helping and is usually wrong...

On a sidenote, any team with Skarm will want it to set up on gliscor. lol, U-Turn + Magneton = hi Skarm. U-Turn is a cool move, but probably not great on Glisc unless you want to kill Skarm (BTW, it can knock off its shed shell.)

Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2010
    Before I leave for some brief studies, I'll explain the 4x Sludge Bomb statement.

Bug & Fighting types=Weak to Poison.

That is all.

Faceless*

YES!
    Years
    • ?
    • Seen Jan 17, 2013
    Before I leave for some brief studies, I'll explain the 4x Sludge Bomb statement.

Bug & Fighting types=Weak to Poison.

That is all.

Please.. PLEASE Learn the basics first before giving any advice

Try the Type Chart at Serebii

Faceless*

YES!
    Years
    • ?
    • Seen Jan 17, 2013
    If you do not possess a Pokemon in your team with Stealth Rock other than Gliscor, give Stealth Rock to him. Otherwise, stick with Knock Off, cripples many Pokemon

I'd much rather see Ice Fang or Stone Edge on Gliscor than Aerial Ace, Gliscor needs to hit Aerodactyl too =( IT'S SUPPOSE TO WALL HIM!! Besides, Aerial Ace if usually only needed for Heracross

Death_Machine

Metal Addict
    Years
    • Seen Dec 7, 2013
    Oh boy, JB you really need to learn the basics, Sludge Bomb hurts us not Heracross due to its poison rate *CoughGutsCough*, Weezing is a wall and should never blow up EVER. Sludge Bomb is not 4x effective on heracross and it wont be "iced" by it due to heracross's above average sp.def. Poison also has almost no type coverage like sims said.

well no actually, burn gives 50 percent attack reduction and with Hera's guts i think he'll get around 75 percent.

And yes sludge bomb is usually there for STAB

Waker of Chaos

Unlimited
    Years
    well no actually, burn gives 50 percent attack reduction and with Hera's guts i think he'll get around 75 percent.

And yes sludge bomb is usually there for STAB

Actually, I think Pokémon with Guts ignore a burn's Attack reduction. Either way, we don't want to inflict a status ailment on Heracross. We just want to KO it quickly.

Hmmm... Yeah, Gliscor's best here. We could try Earthquake, Aerial Ace, Ice Fang, and Roost. That way, it can take care of Dragons and Aerodactyl as well as Heracross.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back