• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Bulbasaur Race [Part 2]

Years

There's something I like about Girafarig's design concept. The "giraffe" half represents its Normal-type while the tail is the Psychic-type.

Years

I was almost contemplating killing Girafarig if it's going to be a drag war again. But nope, unique design wins me over again.

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years

I really like some of the new S/M Pokémon. Wimpod is super derpy and it's got quite an interesting ability and same goes for Mudsdale. Bewear is weird though, it doesn't really feel like a Pokémon imo.

Years

Wimpod's ability will make it hard to catch, because if you knock it below half health it runs away. Can't depend on your False Swipe users here.

Laguna

Sir Zangoose
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Aug 31, 2016

I'm just waiting for all of the backlash from the competitive players when Sun and Moon come out and the IV training rolls out. I mean, making things less complicated and time-consuming is always bad, right? That's what Buzzfeed told me.

Oh yeah, and Girafarig is pretty dang good, I used one when I did my Normal-type monotype run for Ruby and it did its job pretty well.

Years

The IV training is restricted to Lv100s so it'll actually serve as an incentive to max your Pokemon's level out. There could be a huge problem if there's no good spot to train, like the Battle Chateau did.

Laguna

Sir Zangoose
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Aug 31, 2016

If they're gonna do that, then I'd be baffled if they didn't make any sort of good spot for training. I don't know, just have a dungeon with Level 70-80 pokémon that opens up after you beat the game or something. There was a big lack of those in Gen 6 for some reason.

Now I'm just hoping they actually have a trainer battle with someone who actually has a somewhat competitive team in-game, something like Red/Steven/whoever but turned up to 11.

Years

Battle Chateau had some trainers that only use Audino, and with a Black Writ of Challenge they get as high as levels 55 and 65.

Laguna

Sir Zangoose
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Aug 31, 2016

Yeah, in OR/AS there was also a certain Mirage Island which was filled with like Level 50 Audino and pretty much nothing else, but OR/AS also has the advantage of having Hidden Bases, so people made a whole ton of Blissey bases for that game anyway.

It's just not the same thing though, really.

Years

I'm sure Mirage Spot encounters in OR/AS were only around Lv36, so they're unreliable. The literal best place to train was... the Elite Four. Horrible if you ask me.

Lycanthropy

Years

At least the level curve ends higher than it used to be. Back in Gen I even the Victory Road had like level 35 Pokémon or so and most weren't even evolved. Not really inviting to train there. I like the idea of Hyper Training, making it all depend on pure luck is no fun. Even a few IVs can make a difference when playing competitively.
    Breeding is getting really useless now, it's just the Masuda method. Breeding TM moves hasn't been necessary for some time and now this. I wonder what's coming next? :3

Last edited:

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    Well, you still need to breed to get certain egg moves, and it's still useful to get unevolved Pokemon if you have their evolutions.

But anyways, Pineco is next!

EDIT: Isn't it time to make a new thread to continue the race?

Lycanthropy

Years

I don't think we need a new thread yet. But if the double-posting gets worse, I can make a new one for sure. :)

As for Pineco, I'm not a real fan of it. It has Self-Destruct starting at level 6. Why is that a thing?!

Back