• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Bush Incident.

Her

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    Ah, Bush finally got what was coming to him. A shoe that almost hit him the face, for...apparently insulting a reporter in the audience.

Opinions on this mediocre 'massacre'?

Last edited:

Xairmo

G-String Grandmas, tonight on Sick, Sad World
    Years
  • I really wish it had hit him smack dab in the face. I despise Bush so could really care less about his well-being.

Heartless33

Master Cloner
    Years
  • I'm surprised that he even made it for 2 years without being shot I mean he had at least 85% chance of dieing but now that he's not president and no one protecting him he might die.

Her

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    I'm surprised that he even made it for 2 years without being shot I mean he had at least 85% chance of dieing but now that he's not president and no one protecting him he might die.
    He's technically still the President, as Obama hasn't been officialy sworn-in.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I've only got four words to add to contribute to this discussion: almost isn't good enough.

How the security afterword just jumped to the reporter is just retarded. It's not like the shoe was going to kill him. It may have given Bush the common sense to really know how to run a country for the remainder of his term. That would have been splendid! But, unfortunately, we could only hope for such a miracle. I feel bad for Obama having to deal with all of the crap Bush is going to leave behind in screwing over the country and the rest of the world.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • Props to him for dodging that shoe so quickly. I never knew he had great reflexes. XD

Btw here's the video:

Rabbit

where is my mind?
    Years
  • My mom and I loved the way he dodged, as though he was expecting it. And maybe he was.

Things are pretty bad when your President dodges shoes like he was trained for it and just keep on talking...

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
  • Holy hell, way to dodge them, I didn't know he could do that either, Aurafire.
    Aurapostle said:
    How the security afterword just jumped to the reporter is just retarded. It's not like the shoe was going to kill him. It may have given Bush the common sense to really know how to run a country for the remainder of his term. That would have been splendid! But, unfortunately, we could only hope for such a miracle. I feel bad for Obama having to deal with all of the crap Bush is going to leave behind in screwing over the country and the rest of the world.
    And I disagree, Nick, the security's job is to protect the president, and here's someone who's deliberately trying to hurt him, they should definitely stuff the guy before he does something else, can't just stand there.

And jeez guys, he didn't have a good stay in office and I heavily dislike him as well, but would I want President Bush to get hurt? No, I want him out of office and for President Elect Obama to come in, not to get decked by shoes. Get over his mistakes and look forward to the future. >_>

Years
  • Holy hell, way to dodge them, I didn't know he could do that either, Aurafire.
    And I disagree, Nick, the security's job is to protect the president, and here's someone who's deliberately trying to hurt him, they should definitely stuff the guy before he does something else, can't just stand there.

And jeez guys, he didn't have a good stay in office and I heavily dislike him as well, but would I want President Bush to get hurt? No, I want him out of office and for President Elect Obama to come in, not to get decked by shoes. Get over his mistakes and look forward to the future. >_>

Damn, this is exactly what I was going to say. :<

Anyway, I saw this report last night with my dad. We both lost it (as in laughing) when we saw Bush dodge that shoe. Even the way he gets back up after wards is funny. It's as if he's calling him on for a fight; Watch the way he looks right at the 'attacker'. (You'd have to search YouTube for closer footage).

Anyway, I think the whole thing is a hoot. Listen to the way he's howling while on the ground! ;p

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    "IT WAS A SIZE 10!"

I find this whole thing hilarious, even though it is a sign of great disrespect in the Middle East.
    Honestly, that made up for the last 8 years of my life, just to see that happen.

A youtube video without the commentary

...I wonder if Obama will get a rolled up sock thrown at him...

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Props to him for dodging that shoe so quickly. I never knew he had great reflexes. XD
    That was my first thought when I saw it! XD; I was impressed! (At both Bush and the fact that someone finally had the gall to chuck something at him. ;P)

But yeah, that so would've hit my square in the face. Both of them. :(

Holy hell, way to dodge them, I didn't know he could do that either, Aurafire.

I agree with this comment; I would be worried if they hadn't immediately jumped to detain the reporter.

Sexycheese

Bye :)
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2009
    HA HA HA! OMG i llove that video!
    I dont think bush was a bad president but he wasnt good either, just mediocre nothing special. I doubt there will be much difference with Obama....

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Btw here's the video

Okay, so, now that I've seen some video footage about it and heard what the guy said, it is worse than I had originally taken it. Though I still stand by what I said when I said "It's not like the shoe was going to kill him". I mean, even the news reporters themselves said that. Though, the nature that the reporter throwing the shoe had was very harsh and that was something I did not know until I saw that video.

Perhaps if this was something else, such as something that was actually life threatening, I wouldn't find this whole incidental so strange. I mean, after the shoes are thrown you see him smile... -- What?

But yes, saying "this is the end", was uncalled for by the reporter completely. Dana Perino was the only one who got hurt in this situation and even though it's only a black eye,

Something I don't understand, however:
    Thowing a shoe = insult?

So yeah, after viewing the video at why he came there and what happened, I have mixed feelings on the actual event itself.

I heavily dislike him as well, but would I want President Bush to get hurt?

I don't dislike him at all. I just dislikes what he's done to our country and in a leader position such as the one he was in, there really isn't any room not to have a two bad stays in the office.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • I dislike the guy and think he's made some (big) mistakes while in office. But, I don't hate him and I certainly don't wish him harm.

He dodged that first shoe rather well. Second shoe was a close one. Lousy secret service didn't stand up until after the second shoe was thrown. If that was gun...

Even if it's a shoe and comical. It's still assault and he should get punished for it.

I like what the news said about the video earlier. "Throwing a shoe is a sign of great disrespect in Iraq". I'm sure it is everywhere. XD

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
  • I don't dislike him at all. I just dislikes what he's done to our country and in a leader position such as the one he was in, there really isn't any room not to have a two bad stays in the office.
    When I said that, I meant I dislike him in the sense of how he did in office. I don't hate him or anything.

Regardless of the mistakes or errors he has made in office, it's no reason to wish a person harm. @_@ "Oh hey, you screwed up, shoe chucking time! >:O"

But anyway, yeah, apparently throwing shoes is one of the highest signs of disrespect. XD

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    I have two words to say: poor aim.

Seriously if your going to try and attack the President of the United States of America with a shoe, try to aim properly. Hopefully this incident will knock the common sense into his head to show him how much the world deeply hates him.

I laughed at his smile at the end of the video. His infamous 'redneck smile'.

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2022
    I still support Bush :<

I don't care what people think of him....this is a classic example of disrespect :<

~Mooshykris

Back