• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Count To Infinity - v12

Days
  • 243 146

Usually general sense while surfing in web, decent ad-blockers, some other extensions are enough to avoid viruses. Malware usually come through executables and downloads, so avoiding to download from unknown sources usually keeps us safe. Windows Defender in Windows 11 is decent enough, if not perfect. And nowadays HP is providing in-built Wolf Security in their laptops, though I am not sure how good that one is.

I had purchased Norton AV in the past, when I was not using Linux. And then I never felt that I am under trouble and system is infected. Although I did saw that Norton AV was doing some Quarantine work or similar sounding thing when I was visiting various websites; although I was not using any extensions on browsers at that time.

Google Chrome, by far is most unsafe browser, thanks to its popularity around. Hence it is most prone to get into troubles. Even Microsoft Edge is better than Chrome. I use Firefox browser only on my systems, including mobile. And it's just good enough to have.

Days
  • 243 147

Isn't Norton that one that comes with a built-in Bitcoin miner with the intent to use their customer's PCs to get some of these?

243 148

I guess that comes with their high-end plan, and I used the basic one. With that said, even the open-source Brave Browser also have their own crypto currency thing, which I never liked for an open-source project.

Is it just me or did VPP and Daily swap places on Community Square?

Nope, I am also seeing it and was caught with surprised when I didn't found 2KM egg icons vertically !

Years
  • 243 159

I'm pretty much done with basegame Scarlet on my Ice types playthrough... only thing that's left is The Way Home.
    Explored everywhere on the map, but I'll need to do that again for Area Zero afterward.

Also caught a shiny Tarountula while playing through it while still not having the shiny charm :cool:

Back