• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Dúlra Region [UR]

Jay

[font=Brawler][color=#91a8d4][i]Here comes the boi
Years
  • The Dúlra Region [UR]

The Dúlra Region [UR]

The Dúlra Region [UR]

The Dúlra Region [UR]

Good day to you trainer... and welcome to the region of Dúlra. I assure you, by coming here you have made a very wise choice.

Dúlra is a region heavily influenced by the idea of living in harmony with nature and it is one of the regions closest in spirit to the Legendary pokémon that inhabit the World, as well as the incredible powers they utilize. In terms of geographical inspiration from the Real World, Dúlra is heavily influenced by the small island nation of Ireland and the deep, mystical lore that said place has thanks to it's celtic origins. Most of the buildings, clothing and ornaments of Dúlra are inspired heavily by celtic design and soon in the future I will be revealing a few unique features which tie this culture and the World of pokémon together. (Intricate celtic mega stone ornaments and unique unknown designs, to give a few examples.)

While based on Ireland in the South in particular, the North of the region takes a more tropical influence, with a vast desert sprawling across the center and a tropical jungle dominating the North. Despite this alternating climate, the culture stands resolute and expands along the entirety of the region regardless, by combining the more tropical climates with the unique celtic influence of the culture, Dúlra finds it's own unique style that grants it a unique and pleasant atmosphere.

The Dúlra Region [UR]

The Dúlra region is located to the central-East of the World map and stands alone as an Island nation. A deep culture and a legend that speaks of a wish made by Arceus itself has instilled one firm belief in the population of Dúlra, that balance among all things, humans, pokémon and nature, is necessary for true peace to be obtained. Because of this the Dúlra region has taken many unique stances that differ from other regions, their take on pokémon training being one of the most unique yet somehow effective ideals out there.

Due to their belief that it disrupts the balance of the World, Dúlra is a region that generally dislikes the excessive use of technology and thus it exhibits slightly different procedure for pokémon trainers. Trainers hailing from Dúlra have sworn against using pokéballs, viewing the capsules as unnecessary and insulting to their pokémon partners. Thus, all trainers pokémon will travel alongside them out in the open and pokémon may only be "caught" through a natural bond of mutual respect. In Dúlra trainers are not considered to "own" their pokémon, they instead consider every pokémon on their team as a travelling partner equal in worth to that of any human. Dúlra trainers also tend to refrain from using commercial bought potions and the like, powerful and sweet tasting herbal remedies are instead the norm in any and all pokémon centers and pokémarts.

The only technology generally used in Dúlra is that of the medical machines, cash registers and the like readily available in any pokémon center. Outside of this, pokédexes are accepted as beneficial and not harmful to the balance of the Dúlra region and are distributed to trainers as expected.

It is believed that by preforming certain rituals at certain locations across the region of Dúlra, that the legendary incarnations of creation and destruction themselves can be summoned into the World. However knowledge of such rituals has been lost to time and due to the complete tilt in the balance of the World caused by such... the rites for said procedures are forbidden from study to begin with.

Somewhere in Dúlra it is believed that a rare access point to the distortion World is hidden. However such a thing has never been proven to exist.

The Dúlra Region [UR]

The Dúlra region is currently accepting any willing members in order to bolster it's numbers and develop itself further for whatever challenges may arise in the future. If you feel like the ideas of balance and more freedom for your pokémon companions is something that would suit you well then this might just be the region for you.

Should you decide to sign up then please fill out the very quick and easy form below, those looking to help develop the region through artwork, lore ideas, unique fakemon and spritework will be greatly appreciated and are in demand right from the get go. Of course if none of these skills sound like you then you are welcome to join regardless, none whom agree with The Dúlra regions ideals will be turned down.

Indeed, regardless of who you are...

Welcome to Dúlra.

Name:
    Trainer Class: (No Gym Leaders or E4, as they are better hand picked.)
    Pokémon:
    First Pokémon (Partner):
    Additional Information:

The Dúlra Region [UR]

The Dúlra Region [UR]

Map created by Lost Heart.

Main Cities

The Dúlra Region [UR]

The Dúlra Region [UR]

Spoiler:

The Dúlra Region [UR]

~ Giratina ~

~ Shaymin ~

~ Heatran ~

The Dúlra Region [UR]

Learn the ancient war techniques of pokémon and humans battling side by side, passed down through the Dúlran lineage for generations! Battle your friends and foes in a strategic forum game based on pokémon conquest and join the upcoming "story mode" to directly influence the story and events of the Dúlra region!

All basic lessons are listed here, more lessons will become available as the game develops and progresses.

The Dúlra Region [UR]

The Basics of War - Theo
    Learn the basic ins and outs of Dueala, it's mechanics and the battlefield with Theo, Dúlra's head general and secondary tactician in the Dúlran army as a whole!

The Dúlra Region [UR]

1. Further information on the Dúlra regions culture and the people that live there.
    2. Information on the Dúlra regions connections to Mega Evolution.
    3. A full description and travel guide to every location in the Dúlra region.
    4. More to be added as information become relevant.

The Dúlra Region [UR]

Durahan - Deceptio - Dúlra Region Champion

Seth - Seth Rollins - Calafort City, Steel type Gym Leader

Evienne - Lost Heart - Crann City, Dark type Gym Leader

Weiss Schwarz - Fantome - Ella Town, Ghost type Gym Leader

Bidiya - Bidoof FTW - "Gym Leader"

Celina - Candy - Loch Town, Water type Gym Leader

Lise - Nagi - Rinne City, Grass type Gym Leader

Angus Gestr - gimmepie - Oceian Ambassador

Mayo - Under_Score - Pokémon Breeder

Gray - VelocityRaptor - Suspicious Lady

Fletch - Eros - Crazy Budew Lady Man of Rinne City

Viesna -「sarcasm - Wanderer

Luther - Shak - Ace Trainer

Chitose Fujiwara - MechaGladiator- Warlord in Training / Wandering Swordswoman

Sorley - Aquacorde - Eccentric

Pink - Bacteriophage - Pink Girl

Terrence - ME604 - Cool Trainer

The Dúlra Region [UR]

The Dúlra Region [UR]

"The Legends speak of a great clash. The Alpha being, Arceus... and his flawed creation, Giratina. In the blind rage of destruction did the son strike the father. But the creators strength was too great."

"In that moment, Arceus did cast him down. Giratina, his darkened son, faded from the Hall of Origin to the distortion World in alternation. His aggression finally quelled as grief and sadness took its place. Regret. His anger had brought a great pain to many... and in a fleeting moment of desire for redemption the beast of darkness shed a tear."

"Arceus, the almighty power that was the renegade pokémons father, watched Giratina, his creation, weep for his lost freedom. Filled with sympathy for the misguided dragon, Arceus in turn shed a tear of his own to follow that of his assailant. A tear of desire, a desire for peace and harmony between he and those whom he had conceived."

"To the world of Pokécommunity below these tears did fall and in unison they conjoined in their downward spiral."

"The will to create made manifest in Arceus, the desire to destroy ever present in Giratina, in this single instant both found a way to co-exist, manifesting into a single tear falling and a new force of power. A force of hope, a force of the peace ever present in family, community and co-existence."

"And as it dropped to the seas below the heavens it let out a single piercing and blinding light. The light grew into a new land, a place not intended for creation, but instead born out of a deep and meaningful desire for harmony."

"And so the legends say, that in an ancient tongue of Gods the land was given a name."

"Dúlra."

Last edited:

Sweet Dreams

[I]are made of these~[/I]
    Years
  • Name: Mayo
    Trainer Class: Pokemon Breeder
    Pokémon: Mareep, Ghastly, Mawile, Zubat, Abra, Houndour
    First Pokémon (Partner):
    Mareep

Additional Information: Sometimes helps others raise their Pokemon, but generally spends time carefully raising her own to be as happy and healthy as possible.

This looks pretty cool! The lore sounds really in-depth and it has some really unique touches that I absolutely love. I'm not entirely sure what's gonna happen, but I thought it would be awesome if I could be a Pokemon breeder. And it would be even more awesome if at some point, somehow, my Pokemon would evolve or something. xD

Last edited:
    Reactions: Jay

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
    Years
  • I'm 100% in, the history of the region is amazing. Good job, Jay! After what you told me in the Skype chat, there's no way I could refuse joining this @_@

Name: Seth
    Trainer Class:
    Gym Leader (Deceptio offered me Gym Leader postiton)
    Pokémon:
    Lucario, Scizor, Aegislash, Bisharp, Poltivolt and Dragalge.
    First Pokémon (Partner): Riolu
    Additional Information: Seth is the head lawyer of Calafort City. He is a prosecutor. He fights for justice, no matter what. But finding out the truth isn't his only specialty. He is also a very good battler, and has been offered the Gym Leader position by Jay, the champion of the region and a good friend of his. He specializes in Steel type Pokemon, his favorite type, but they aren't the only type he got. He once traveled to the neighbor region of Dulra, Oceia and caught a Pokemon. (Poltivolt) It was his first time using Pokeballs because catching Pokemons in Dulra was strictly prohibited. Of course, when he returned to Dulra he had to release Politvolt from his Pokeball. Balance is everything in Dulra, after all.

All credits for Poltivolt goes to gimmepie.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Name: Evienne
    Trainer Class: Gym Leader <3
    Pokémon: Greninja, Shiftry, Mandibuzz, Tyranitar, Umbreon, and Houndoom. I have dreams of befriending Darkrai one day.
    First Pokémon (Partner): Froakie and Seedot.
    Additional Information: Evienne is a member of the ancient group the "Mhac Suimhne", and her life has been dedicated to protecting what is now the lost Temple of Giratina with her brothers and sisters of the order. Although the temple no longer stands as grandly as it once did, Evienne knows the danger it once presented to the world, and wants to be ready for if/when she is needed to help protect the balance. She has been friends with her Greninja and Shiftry since she was young (and they were a Froakie and Seedot), and she has since specialized in the Dark-type Pokémon, so much so that she was able to become a gym leader. These days she keeps a close eye on all the happenings within her area influence.

Jay

Years
  • And perhaps one day you shall befriend Darkrai. Depending on how things progress.

Welcome to the region, remnant of Mhac Suimhne. Good to have you!

Jay

Years

• The Dúlra Region [UR]

The Dúlra region is rumored to house a large amount of legendary pokémon due to it's closeness to the creation myth and it's own Legend of Conception due to the clash between Arceus and Giratina. However, while many myths and legends are rumored to exist in this land. Only a few of these rumors rings true.

The following list speaks of all Legendary and Mythic pokémon that can legitimately be found within Dúlra. However, do not expect to locate these creatures lightly... and even if you do so you may regret it. The pokémon of Dúlra reside there to maintain the balance just as the humans do... and anything that might represent a threat to their way of life may lead to an intense battle.
    The Dúlra Region [UR]

While it is difficult to ascertain the exact form and presence it has, it is almost unanimously agreed among the residents of Dúlra that somewhere, somehow, Giratina IS there.

In truth, the ancient temple of distortion lies North of Mt. Dia and it's location is currently known only to the Champion, The Mhac Suimhne clan and all those deemed strong and worthy enough by the champion to resist the urge to go to the now sealed temple and disturb the great Renegade's true resting place.

The temple of distortion is named so due to being formed out a strange substance, solid as rock, yet soft to the touch. It distorts the space around the area and disturbs the spirits of the dead. This material is unique in that it is the same substance by which the Griseous orb is formed. Almost as if it's a pocket in space and time, the interior of this temple twists and turns and it is believed that the entire building is a conduit and portal to the distortion World.

Giratina resides within and through here can access the region of Dúlra and the World of pokécommunity at large. Despite his destructive nature, he is believed to protect Dúlra as it represents the single moment of peace between he and his Alpha, Arceus. If one were ever foolish enough to consider facing Giratina, it is advised not to do so in his temple. Due to the energies residing there, Giratina is always in his powerful Origin form while inside or in the area surrounding the structure.

Years
  • The Ambassador Arrives

The Dúlra Region [UR]

Angus Gestr stood on the pier, looking at the expanse of brown and black buildings that was Calafort City and pondering why the city was essentially split down the middle in its colour scheme. Several boats of varying sizes were docked around him and overhead scores of large winged pokemon flew too and from various buildings.

This was the young politician's first time visiting somewhere outside of Oceia region, where even there he rarely left the confines of his home city of Velia. Beside him, his Kangaskhan was looking around almost as curiously as he was. To both of them it was obvious that Dulra was a very different place to Oceia – and not just because of the strange law banning the use of pokeballs.

Strange place or not though, for both Angus and his pokemon this was going to be his home for the years to come. Oceia and Dulra had forged an unprecedented political alliance and despite his youth he had been chosen to represent his own region as ambassador. The young man was determined to do his region proud and to continue to foster a positive relationship between the Dulra and his home.

With his Kangaskhan following behind him, Angus turned towards the lighter half of Calafort City where the new Oceian embassy was nearly complete and a new era was ready to begin.​

Years

• Letter From Haeven
    The Dúlra Region [UR]

I would like to form an alliance between our two regions. I believe that by building a friendship, our regions could learn a lot from each other. Our region respects the equality between pokemon and people. I hope that by forming an alliance we can learn from each other and also prevent other regions from provoking one of us to war.
    Sincerely,​
    King Socks of Haeven
    The Dúlra Region [UR]

The Dúlra Region [UR]

Jay

Years

• The Dúlra Region [UR]

Of all the pokémon that definitively fit the classification of "Legendary", the three Legendary Beasts are the most commonly sighted due to their habit of roaming the region and appearing to those few trainers whom they deem as worthy. The Legendary Beasts have been present in the region for as long as anyone can remember and seem to serve as nomadic protectors of the peace.

When the Balance of the region is threatened... or should an innocent pokémon or human be put in harms way... many people have told tales of the Legendary Beasts appearing as if from nowhere and striking down the party in the wrong. Their exact motives, purpose and origin in Dúlra is largely unknown and as such their motives can at present only be guessed at.

As well as acting as saviors of the innocent and weak, the Legendary beasts also seem to very rarely present themselves as a sort of ultimate challenge for the very strongest of trainers in Dúlra. Entei, Suicune and Raikou each serve as a force to be reckoned with and depending on the trainer and the aura they represent a member of the trio will offer a challenge (that may of course be refused) to those they deem worthy. Upon their defeat a token of reprisal, usually a small glowing orb, will be left as a prize and trophy to the trainer whom managed to best the beast in battle.

Presenting this orb to the champion is said to be the only way a trainer can become a member of Dúlra's elite four... in this way it is not only the people, but the pokémon of Dúlra whom decide on those select few who might represent the region as its strongest battlers. This can also be taken as one of the reasons as to why all of Dúlra's gym leaders are of considerable strength, since it is most commonly these exceptionally strong leaders that are chosen by the beasts for a trial by combat.

There are rumors... that beating the pokémon league alone is not enough to claim the title as Champion of Dúlra. To the pokémon as well as the people must strength be proven in Dúlra... and all three of the legendary beasts are more than ready to prove this, by fighting together as one against the single strongest opponent the region can offer.

Years
  • The Dúlra Region [UR]

Ambassador of Haeven
    The Dúlra Region [UR]

I would be honored to have an embassy in Dúlra as well as build an embassy for Dúlra in Haeven. I will send my best ambassador with some supplies to build an embassy as well as gifts unique to our region. If you require any assistance please contact me. In case you were wondering why I was sending letters, I can't exactly "talk" human (as I am a sylveon) so I write to communicate over long distances. I also am hesitant to send someone in a royal uniform anywhere without good reason because of the terrorist groups that oppose my reign.
    Sincerely,
    King Socks of Haeven
    The Dúlra Region [UR]

Jay

Years

• The Dúlra Region [UR]

Allow me now to tell you an older tale. The tale of a single pokémon that almost upset the balance of Dúlra forever... and of the counterpart that tested his resolve.

In the new moons light it came. Draped in darkness it seemed almost lost in it's erratic movements. It's very form was an unnatural shade. When the beasts attempted to strike it down it summoned a black miasma and caught them in a terrible slumber where their very dreams distorted to harm them.

However upon looking deeply at the creature, one would see not malice... but a strange and unique form of fear. As if unable to see out of its own shade, this pokémon of nightmares continued to move throughout the region, tormenting the sleep of the humble folk that lived there and drawing them into it's dark void through almost no fault of it's own. Yet no matter how far the frightened pokémon fled all it ever did was hurt those whom lay around it. In the day it could not move freely, for fear of the piercing light, yet in the night every step it took brought it closer to doing harm.

As it moved forward through the lower routes of Dúlra and towards the ancient Rósta city... it stopped to attack an entity before it.

Yet it stopped itself to see a young human girl. Torn and afraid the pokémon thrashed in place, as if tormented by it's purpose.

And Darkrai fell to the ground. Exhausted.

The young girl, now smiling, walked towards the tired being and transformed. In a blinding flash the girl's body morphed to a floating being of glowing light. Cresselia, the lunar pokémon had appeared before her counterpart, whom had never meant any harm, and tested his resolve. He had passed her test... and so together they would find a way to co-exist.

***​

The previous story is a tale told to children in Dúlra to show that light must not simply snuff out the dark. It's intention is to teach the young that the darkness is not evil and that it instead is often misunderstood. It shows the young that what others fear as cruel... is also often a part of balance and that the mercy such fears are capable of can often be greater than we might expect.

Darkrai and Cresselia are mere symbols of these stories. However, modern day Dúlrans often suspect that the origin of this tale is something of substance. An ancient and destroyed temple of light located in the center of the Scalladh dessert... and a dark, primarily haunted temple in Rósta city show signs that people once payed homage to two lesser deities that represented the balance of light and dark... and the cycles of the moon.

It is often thought, that if certain events were to take place in these temples when the moon is in just the right spot... that perhaps the childrens fable of old might prove more a reality than it outwardly seems.

Years
  • Name: Gray
    Trainer Class: Suspicious Lady
    Pokémon: Umbreon, Minun, Plusle
    First Pokémon (Partner): Minun
    Additional Information: In truth, Gray isn't entirely sure of her aspirations. She seems to have yet to discover her purpose, but searches for it ruthlessly. Her silent and brooding nature often strike others as strange, though she hardly pays them any mind.

Last edited:

Jay

Years
  • Welcome to Dúlra. You suspicious lady you.

Are you sure you don't wanna be a gentleman though.

Jay

Years
  • Welcome to the region Eros. Please remember to keep all budew supplies nature friendly. The natural World is very important in Dúlra, but especially in Rinne city.

Years
    • she/her
    • home
    • Seen Aug 16, 2023

Name: Lise
    Trainer Class: Grass-type Gym Leader
    Ambassador of the Hoogland Region

Pokémon:
    The Dúlra Region [UR]
    /
    The Dúlra Region [UR]

The Dúlra Region [UR]
    The Dúlra Region [UR]
    The Dúlra Region [UR]
    The Dúlra Region [UR]
    The Dúlra Region [UR]

Additional Information:
    Originally hailing from the Hoogland Region in the far north, Lise moved to Dúlra with her family at a young age. Her father was a diplomat, and one of the first to establish Hoogland relations outside of the large continent the region is a part of. Following in his footsteps, Lise quickly rose to become one of the most well-loved citizens of her new hometown of Rinne. She has one Pokémon that came with her from Hoogland, albeit as a Flabébé named Eve. Now a Florges, Eve is Lise's most trusted Pokémon. Apart from this, she has the Sceptile that she received as a Treecko when first moving to Dúlra, and a flock of other Grass types that she managed to befriend when travelling the region for the first time. Finally, there is Grace, a small Shaymin that visits Lise for the Seasonal Sky Festival, that takes place in Rinne every three months. Named for the Dúlran Gracidea flower, Grace is a young Shaymin and so generally not used in battles. Although Lise is more than happy to have Grace as a friend, she does aspire to fight alongside her in battle one day.

Jay

Years
  • Excellent, that makes three of eight leaders and counting.

Welcome to Dúlra, Nagi, and remember BALANCE have fun.

Jay

Years

• The Dúlra Region [UR]

Rinne city is known as the city of blossoming flowers in Dúlra for a reason. Native to and blossoming in every nook and cranny of the humble gathering of wooden structures are the regions national flower, the Gracidea blossom. A flower usually quite rare, it blooms so vibrantly in the Dúlran inland due to the lack of pollution and the pure, clean air. The Gracidea, however, is no ordinary flower... in fact it is said to contain magical properties that stem from the immense feelings of gratitude that emanate from the pink blossom, the same quality that makes the Gracidea flower a symbol of gratitude and love, given to ones closest friends and family to express appreciation and care.

And it is this wonderful quality, that leads a certain pokémon to visit Dúlra with every changing season.

Shaymin, the gratitude pokémon is usually an incredibly uncommon sight in Dúlra. With it being sensationally rare to see one in any area at all. However, this all changes on the weeked of Rinne cities "Seasonal Sky Festival". Shaymin in their sky form, can only remain in sky form for so long... and the energy that fuels this transformation is purity and gratitude. It is by this reasoning, that the feelings they experience when making contact with the Gracidea flower are what trigger the change from their innocent and gentle land forms... to their adventurous and free forms of the sky.

So it is, that once every three months... a large flock of Shaymin move towards Dúlra, to visit the solemn city of Rinne and to frolick among the Gracidea... to fill themselves with the transforming and heartfelt emotion of gratitude that sustains their means of flight. If you are ever present in Dúlra for the change of seasons, then it is almost a crime not to interact with and watch in awe as the Shaymins remain in the city for two days, no more, only to transform to their sky forms and take flight in unison as the festival draws to a close.

In some cases, though it is rare, a Shaymin may form a strong and unbending bond with a trainer of Dúlra. In this case and in this case alone, is a Shaymin liable to stay in the region for an extended period of time, as there free spirits will inevitably call to them once more otherwise.

Back