• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The D/P/Pt "WTF" Moment thread ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxChazxx

It's Been a While
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    My first play through, years ago, I was trying to raise my Riolu's happiness and get it to evolve. I raised it up pretty high (Soothe Bell on Cycling Road for like 25,000 steps or some number like that) and I leveled it up, but it did not evolve!

I later found that it had to be daytime to evolve...

Trophy garden
    My WTF moment...
    Had an undefeated team, tons of wins, flygon and toxicroak both hatched and raised to lv. 100, lost the game, saddest day of my pokemon life
    We all just lost the game...

shininglatios217

Wayward Son
    Years
    Originally Posted by Weavile05 The D/P/Pt "WTF" Moment thread ^_^
    I have no idea if this is a wtf moment or not, more like wtf life, I've never found, caught, or hatched a legit shiny.

Before I found that shiny Bidoof, I spent six years looking for a shiny (Not counting a shiny Poochyena I got in a trade).

Ruin Maniac

Booshka
    Years
    I'll tell you what was weird. I was walking through route 201, and there must've been a weird glitch on my Diamond ROM, because a Munchlax suddenly attacked me. Unfortunately I was out of pokeballs

Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2014
    Trading a person in the GTC (I think that's what it's called) for a Makuhita, and it turns out the Makuhita was Shiny. ;D

zommy08

Crimson Trainer
    Years
    Trading a person in the GTC (I think that's what it's called) for a Makuhita, and it turns out the Makuhita was Shiny. ;D
    whoa i traded a chimchar lv1 for a blaziken lv66 and then that for a rayquaza lv72 (its now lv100) XD everyone on gts is a noob; lv100 shiny mewtwo for a piplup? ...no

Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2010
    Ok, I'm doing the Battle Tower on Pokemon Diamond, something I've always hated for the computers cheat using chear-arse moves like Double Team and items like Quick Claws. I was only doing it so I can work my way towards getting the TM Stone Edge as I need it for my new Hippowdon and having beaten the first two stages, I was doing alright.

I had a team of Latios, Azelf and my awesome staller in Registeel, things were going nice and smooth until around the 16th battle, I kill the trainer's first 2 pokemon and I'm down to his last, a Crawdaunt. Now, I thought this was going to be a walk in the park, I had 3 pokemon left and my Latios got his health down to Red using Draco Meteor. My Latios ended up dying from poison though so I figured I might as well finish off with my Azelf, which I had EV'd in speed fully so it'd surely be able to finish off a weak Crawdaunt.

This is where the trouble starts, to my bloody surprise, this stupid wanker put a Quick Claw on this Crawdaunt and guess what it uses? ****ing Guillotine, I couldn't believe this stupid crap, not only did it go first, but it also used a 1-hit KO and it hit. So I was down to my Registeel, who I hadn't finished his moveset yet and it only had one damaging move in Toxic so I figured I could just use a Toxic then protect combo and hope that piece of crap doesn't get lucky again. I poison his Crawdaunt and guess what... Yet another One-hit KO hits.

Black and White can get ****ing ****ed. This absolutely infuriated me and reminded me how broken and shite Pokemon really is offline. I might as well stick to Shoddy if this stupid **** keeps happening.

/rant.

Abyssumi

Future Legends Z-A Mod
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    i ran into a shiny graveller before actually and i was weakening it and it self-destructed or exploded i cant remember which. i was ragin

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    Ok, I'm doing the Battle Tower on Pokemon Diamond, something I've always hated for the computers cheat using chear-arse moves like Double Team and items like Quick Claws. I was only doing it so I can work my way towards getting the TM Stone Edge as I need it for my new Hippowdon and having beaten the first two stages, I was doing alright.

I had a team of Latios, Azelf and my awesome staller in Registeel, things were going nice and smooth until around the 16th battle, I kill the trainer's first 2 pokemon and I'm down to his last, a Crawdaunt. Now, I thought this was going to be a walk in the park, I had 3 pokemon left and my Latios got his health down to Red using Draco Meteor. My Latios ended up dying from poison though so I figured I might as well finish off with my Azelf, which I had EV'd in speed fully so it'd surely be able to finish off a weak Crawdaunt.

This is where the trouble starts, to my bloody surprise, this stupid wanker put a Quick Claw on this Crawdaunt and guess what it uses? ****ing Guillotine, I couldn't believe this stupid crap, not only did it go first, but it also used a 1-hit KO and it hit. So I was down to my Registeel, who I hadn't finished his moveset yet and it only had one damaging move in Toxic so I figured I could just use a Toxic then protect combo and hope that piece of crap doesn't get lucky again. I poison his Crawdaunt and guess what... Yet another One-hit KO hits.

Black and White can get ****ing ****ed. This absolutely infuriated me and reminded me how broken and shite Pokemon really is offline. I might as well stick to Shoddy if this stupid **** keeps happening.

/rant.

shoddy sucks, everyone just uses same pokemon, same movesets, its predictable,boring,pathetic,&unoriginal.

ive had that happen to me,but i dont go flaming the games, you seriously need to chill out.

Pheonix987

Nyan, nyan, myancology...
    Years
    Either she's drunk, or she can't EV train. xD

I say both! XD

Cynthia's great excuse is that she was drunk for over 30 years. If she's that old.

Oh yeah, my WTF moment was when I met Azelf. I brought about a hundred of Ultra/Dusk/Timer Balls to catch it.

About 300 turns later...

I was really pissed off at it, since I spent about 2 hours trying to weaken it to red, give it a Sleep condition and capture it, but the result was about 9000000 Poke Dollars wasted. (1000 each for Dusk/Timer Ball? COME ON.) Finally, I tossed a random pokeball (missed Dusk by accident). Shake...Shake...Shake...

"Congratulations! Azelf was caught!"

Then...

"Would you like to nickname your new Azelf?"

...*Utter shock/despair* (U thought it would be at least sympathetic that I wasted 9000k on it.

I named it "Bastard". :(((((((((((((((

BTW, heavily exaggerated.

Last edited:

I_Want_Your_Love

Cynthia is correct.
    Years
    I've had too many to pick one and post it here, but in general it's just that stroke of bad luck and hax when it seems like the game is set to make you pissed off :(

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
    whoa i traded a chimchar lv1 for a blaziken lv66 and then that for a rayquaza lv72 (its now lv100) XD everyone on gts is a noob; lv100 shiny mewtwo for a piplup? ...no
    people like this are probably trying to clone their pokemon with the glitch

I was doing multi battle in battle tower partnered with in game trainers and I almost got to 27 win streak, like 2 more battles to go, then I just got completely owned. 0.0

oh, and one more thing, I was in the battle tower wifi room and I was facing a guy with a Crobat, starmie, and snorlax
    I had already lost the other two pokemon and all the guy had left was a Milotic. All I had left was starmie, with Hydro Pump, Ice Beam, Rapid Spin and Cosmic Power, holding a leftovers. The milotic had Surf, Mirror Coat, Recover, and Ice beam, and for whatever reason was holding a flame orb.
    I spammed cosmic power until I resisted Surf so much that my leftovers immediately recovered the damage. I then spammed Rapid Spin (so that mirror coat couldn't hit) and that did almost no damage but it had the flame orb which burned it so that damage eventually added up. but it still took forever because it had recover,finally everything else ran out of PP so it started using Ice beam, but that did less damage than surf did, so I actually started gaining HP eventually the burn finally killed it. I had won the longest battle of my life.
    Then I went on to the next guy and got completely owned.

Last edited:

XEL

Lorem Ipsum
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2022
    Quagsire using protect 3 times in a row during my run through today.

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    i evolve jzellos (anorith) whos speed was 102... it drops to 77 after evolution... then takes to lv56 just to get back to 102 WTF!?

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
    Years
    My WTF moment is in the Department Store, battling a roughneck.
    Roughneck Kirby sends out Clefairy
    Impo ROFLs too much to actually send out pokeball :P

Corruptodile

Ma chérie, Je t'aime.
    Years
    • Age 30
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 19, 2016
    shoddy sucks, everyone just uses same pokemon, same movesets, its predictable,boring,pathetic,&unoriginal.

ive had that happen to me,but i dont go flaming the games, you seriously need to chill out.

UU or NU are pretty fun to try out. Granted, in UU all you see are Venusaur, Moltres, Milotic. Damn these good Pokémon. I use Slowking.

Back on topic, I 'WTFed' all the times my rival collided into me. It's freakin' ridiculous. Everytime, bar one time near Canalave city?I think it;s that.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back