• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Daily Chit-Chat, Chat-Chit, Chit-Chit, Chot-Chut Choot Shoot Chute Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exploding Bunny

Dovahkiin
    Years
    • She Her
    • Seen Aug 17, 2023
    We got summer then winter, and then spring then winter again.
    twilight sky if i build teleporter. we should switch places so that you can see snow and i won't have to.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Every Floridian's solution to the heat: The beach.

Beaches are overrated. I prefer the mountains. :V

Florida's weather can be very spazzy as well. Is it bad that I'm hoping for a Hurricane this season... like every other season? ;;

Years
    It's quite shocking if a state could stay cold from October all the way until April of the next year. :| If only it was that way here...

Well, we're actually only a little colder than most of the rest of the northern US, so it's really only shocking to those who've only lived in warm climates all their lives. (b'-')b

And I agree that beaches are overrated. Then again, the only beaches around here are those on lakes and rivers, which have brown sand instead of white sand.

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    I'm gonna guess your from a northern state. My mom showed me a forecast for around here that said 4-14 inches.

Illinois represent :D but ugh, ew. that really sucks, I can't really complain because I know you guys get much worse cold weather and snow.

This. Because of how expensive the AC can be, we don't turn it on very often during the summer. This causes for very hot and humid summers for me, and it's quite uncomfortable.

and sometimes? try half/most of the summer. ;;

In fact, we skipped Spring and went straight to Summer where I live.

at least you got spring :| we jumped straight to winter v.2 over here. just as I thought it was nice enough to buy a new pair of shorts.

I liked Florida and Cali when I visited, but I don't think I could deal with warm weather year round. I complain about the cold, but I couldn't do without it.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    ... You have no idea how much I would love to enter sarcasm here, since I seem to be in a sarcastic mood the past few days. I've been following Hurricanes for several years though, so hm. Perhaps I should have entered that one sentence that I didn't enter.

@kyoko: we didn't get Spring. Florida is a nice place to visit, but not to nice to live in.

Years
    And before anyone gets ideas that Florida is by any means rich, we are very close to being bankrupt. But that's because of the rich people here.

See the irony?

Most state governments are going bankrupt. You just really only hear about your own state and places like California.

We won't be seeing Spring until Memorial Day, if I really wanted to put my money on it. XD;

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    If you think thats bad, Florida won't see Spring until ever, to be quite honest. Unless you count Fall/Autumn, which could be our Spring in a sense, but eh...
    Most I've seen of Spring are the nice chill mornings where I live. Then the weather springs over to summer (no pun intended).

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
    Years
    Most state governments are going bankrupt. You just really only hear about your own state and places like California.

We won't be seeing Spring until Memorial Day, if I really wanted to put my money on it. XD;
    Ohio is going bankrupt. And in response, they're giving companies more powers to pay their employee's less, which in turn means more investments in their oversea companies and partners, and less money being put back into the state's economy. Great plan.

Years
    Actually, wait. We don't see "Spring" here. We see this season called Mud instead.

And that's exactly why I made that comment, Landorus. Minnesota's been operating at a deficit since our last governor first took office in 2002, if I recall correctly, and has pretty much pulled its last budget trick out of its "magic" hat of them.

moments.

quixotic
    Years
    It sounds stupid, but I wouldn't mind experiencing some daily rain action. Australia, particularly Victoria is disgustingly random in it's weather and definitely follows no norm, patterns or anything...

Years
    Well, our "norms" go by season, usually. Our summers have been dry lately even though they're not supposed to be (except for this past one where we set a state record for tornadoes, besting our previous record in a year by between about 70, and those tornadoes often had accompanying thunderstorms), and same goes for most of our winters, except for this past one.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back