• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Daily Chit-Chat, Chat-Chit, Chit-Chit, Chot-Chut Choot Shoot Chute Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
Years
  • I agree with the the music industry comments.

Generally, I don't like pop music (or rap music for that matter.) But, every once in awhile an artist will come along that I just love because they're not like most people in their genre. Lady Gaga for instance (whether or not you like her doesn't matter, you have to be an idiot to not realize the depth in..most of her music.) Love Lady Gaga. I hate artists like Katy Perry, Ke$ha, and so on. Although once in awhile I will put on a little E.T. or We R Who We R to just dance to. Nice beats. No depth.

I like music with depth.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • I have to agree that the music industry is all about making money rather than making art. Most of the stuff churned out nowadays is trite and uninspired, with the same rhythms and generic lyrics that usually make no sense whatsoever. A lot of artists even have to be Auto-tuned out the ass to even sound bearable (For example, have you ever seen a live performance by Katy Perry? She cannot sing. At all. I like some of her songs, but she can't even sing them properly without Auto-tune.) It's all about what sells, not about how we can advance musicality or make any type of art.

Not to say all modern music is like that. And not all electronic modification is bad. Just look at Owl City, for example...he's got a good voice and makes some really ingenious effects, and his lyrics are really creative and not the same boring, generic, trite crap that other artists put out. But there are a lot more artists that are just out there to make money rather than bring anything new or add to the artistic value of the music medium.

That sums up my answer as well. What happened to making music for the love and fun of music?
    And autotune seems more like a necessity nowdays than in the past.. what happened to the good old days when we didn't need autotune?

Morgnarok

PokéCommunity Supporter - Platinum Tier
    Years
  • I still think eminem does his music because he loves it not because of the money or fame. He has said that him self, Look at how he dresses and acts in real life. He doesn't try to act or look rich or famous. If you remember correctly he once won a mtv reward or whatever those things are called and he didn't even go get it or show up for it.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I'll listen to anything, tbh. :( I like music whether it has depth, great beats, or whatever. If I like it, I like it. That's just how I roll. Right now, I'm really into The Mars Volta though. Amazing band, and I definitely recommend them if you haven't heard them. Inertiatic Esp<3

Also, Victoria Justice at the KCA's: couldn't sing to save her life

Trinity Cross

死神
    Years
  • I have to agree, finding talent is getting harder and harder nowadays when technology could make a dying hippo sound good :/ But, then again they must have some talent to actually write the lyrics and such.

Last edited:

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • Also, Victoria Justice at the KCA's: couldn't sing to save her life
    ^
    Haha yea I agree with that no autotune to save her in her live proformance - don't really watch Victorious

To be honest I don't think the KCAs weren't as good as the previous years - but that's just my opinion. (Actually last time I watched it was 2009 one - didn't watch 2010)

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
    Years
  • I have to agree, finding talent is getting harder and harder nowadays when technology could make a dying hippo sound good :/ But, then again they must have some talent to actually write the lyrics and such.

---------------------------

So a kid in my school commits suicide....I used to talk to him, and it was kinda a blow to me. The school had an assembly and we talking about suicide and how wrong it is to do. Then in the middle of the assembly some freakin' retard yells out 'He was annoying and emo anyways, he did the right thing!" That seriously ticked me wayyy off. Well I'll stop ranting on a public thread thing before I get in trouble :/

Note: I am not violent, I am actually very much a pacifist.

If I ever heard someone say that about anyone who died (whether it be their fault or not) I would beat them senseless. -_-

Xyrin

WOW REMEMBER THIS??
    Years
  • Note: I am not violent, I am actually very much a pacifist.

If I ever heard someone say that about anyone who died (whether it be their fault or not) I would beat them senseless. -_-
    Agreed. That's extremely wrong and pitiful (the guy who yelled that out).

Years
  • So a kid in my school commits suicide....I used to talk to him, and it was kinda a blow to me. The school had an assembly and we talking about suicide and how wrong it is to do. Then in the middle of the assembly some freakin' retard yells out 'He was annoying and emo anyways, he did the right thing!" That seriously ticked me wayyy off. Well I'll stop ranting on a public thread thing before I get in trouble :/
    That's a disgusting thing to say. I hope that kid gets in a lot of trouble for that.

Xyrin

WOW REMEMBER THIS??
    Years
  • Well I can't believe my dad only lets me on the computer and video games combined. Though my mom told me if I will be on the slow computer it doesn't count. So I'm on it right now.

Mika

もえじゃないも
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2013
    n__n haiii.

/polls everyone with a random DCC topic just like the good old days before dem two screened machines with that der magic pen

What's your most embarrassing moment from your school years?

Me? I tripped up the stairs and managed to depant'd my school principal. I broke his belt. He flashed the school his tidey whities.

\o/

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
  • n__n haiii.

/polls everyone

What's your most embarrassing moment from your school years?

Me? I tripped up the stairs and managed to depant'd my school principal. I broke his belt. He flashed the school his tidey whities.

\o/
    Don't have any embarrassing, though someone might think this would be. I saw this online once (I think it was bash.org but I could be wrong) and I decided to try it when I got in trouble one time. I was screwing around with a friend at lunch (not causing any harm) and the resident jerkwad lunchroom supervisor comes over and decides having fun is bad so he's gonna give me trash duty. I go "do you know who I am?" And he goes "should I?" And I say "NOPE!" and run like the dickens, body slam open the door, and ran all the way into the back end of the parking lot.

Then I came back because about five seconds into doing it, I realized that my best friend would totally rat me out (he did). I got an extra two days for it, but it was worth it, very funny stuff. I wasn't really embarrassed, though.

Mika

もえじゃないも
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2013
    Oh god...

hmm. I'm not totally sure, mine would probably be back earlier when I ran into a tree at recess once, playing Kickball. (like 3rd grade)

I sledd'ed into my principal (different one) 's SUV when I was in 3rd grade. :> We set his car alarm off.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    We had to sprint 6 or so feet in Gym class once, in 5th grade, and the goal was to see who made the fastest time. We also did it one at a time, and when it was my turn I must've taken off wrong because I did this slow-motion trip thing, and fell onto the concrete before even making it two feet away from the starting line.

& Since it was one at a time, the entire class was staring at me when it happened. >A>;

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
  • Ummmmm

lets see, once in elementry we were playing dodgeball, and i backed up, tripped, and hit my head on the concrete wall and sorta uh passed out? woke up with everything blurry and whatnot
    I tripped up the stairs and fell down of them plenty of times :3
    In 3rd grade? i was walking on these bars and fell and knocked my breath out, though im not sure how this stuff is embarresing besides the stairs :P

Lily

◕ ‿‿ ◕ double rainbow.
    Years
  • Every moment of 4th grade to 6th grade. Seriously. I had no friends and always sat by myself, reading books. It was always embarrassing. I hated school. =[

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back