• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Daily-Chit Chat of 09'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    People actually read fanfictions? Whyyyy? The characters are never true to their original personalities and most plots don't make sense. ;.;
    While you may have a point about sensible plots, since when is a writer going to let something as trivial as "original personalities" get in the way of writing a good story?

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
    Years
    Lazy answer: A lot.

Less-lazy answer: 7.5.
    Holy hell, that is a lot.

While you may have a point about sensible plots, since when is a writer going to let something as trivial as "original personalities" get in the way of writing a good story?
    You're generalising. As a proud ambassador for PC's fanfiction-writing clique, I challenge this statement.

Bay

Years
    Don't bother. Challenging Jack's statements is much like speaking to a particularly stubborn brick wall. XD;

Oh my gosh, guys, I've missed PC the last month or so. u_u I've been soooo busy.
    Doesn't feel like a month. D: Why it seemed just yesterday the DCC was talking about Taylorrrrrrrrr. :P

bit.trip void

Time cannot e r a s e
    Years
    People actually read fanfictions? Whyyyy? The characters are never true to their original personalities and most plots don't make sense. ;.;

I try to read fanfiction?

But a lot of it makes me die inside. Or I don't have the attention span to keep at it. The only thing I've ever ~continued with~ through three volumes/books/stories/ whatever is BlueBongo's Rise To The Top series. Which is pretty cool.

Aaaand my ear is so sore from swimming ;~;

Years
    I've probably seen this over 20 times, yet I still giggle out loud every time someone links this

Spoiler:

D:

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    See? I told you that people in the Pokemon fandom have found them basically everywhere. =P

I write fanfiction. =( And proud of it! Sure, a fair bit of fanfics out there are...well, meh, but that is kinda overgeneralising... by a lot. What about the writers who try to keep true to the character's canon personalities? Many actually research their characters - if they use the canon ones in their fics - and keep them true to how they are protrayed officially. Or the many fics which have sensical plots (or as sensical as the Pokemon world has indicated what it considers to be normal with a world full of creatures with powers who like to fight at any rate? =P) You just have to know where to look for a good fanfic is all - and there's plenty of decent stuff right here on PC! *strikes dramatic pose*

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
    Don't bother. Challenging Jack's statements is much like speaking to a particularly stubborn brick wall. XD;

This lmfao.

Also, fanfictions are okay depending on the fandom and... the writer's ability to um... Write ._.; Most of them are kind of ridiculous though, unless it's AU. If it's AU, then you better not screw up the fandom, because writing an AU fanfiction is an easy way to make people mad :D ...if done improperly >u>

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
    Years
    What about the Professor's oak? O_o
    I challenge this statement.
    Actually if you do it right, I find he's more like a gay giraffe granny smith apple. :3

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    "Brick wall" would be a bit of an understatement. A steel-reinforced concrete wall roughly twelve meters thick would be more accurate.

22sa

ロミオとシンデレ? ?? �� �� �� �� �� �� �� ��
    Years
    I've probably seen this over 20 times, yet I still giggle out loud every time someone links this

Spoiler:

D:
    LOL

"Brick wall" would be a bit of an understatement. A steel-reinforced concrete wall roughly twelve meters thick would be more accurate.
    Wut, how'd it become that way? Open your VM or PM so I can reply to you ...

Apple Juice

who are you
    Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2014
    [jq]I agree with tattoo. Pleasantly immature stuff is funny :)[/jq]

If pleasantly immature things are funny, what would mature things be?

Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    [jq]I agree with tattoo. Pleasantly immature stuff is funny :)[/jq]

If pleasantly immature things are funny, what would mature things be?
    Mature things would be neccasary for work, school, social occasions (most), you get the gist.

Mild immaturity (the middle ground between maturity and immaturity) is everyday acting.

For me.

Yes, I suck at explaining.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    [jq]If pleasantly immature things are funny, what would mature things be?[/jq]
    Oh! That's an easy one.

They would be very, very boring. :>

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back