• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Daily-Chit Chat of 09'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
Years
  • Thanks for the change of subject though. xD
    Well, I think Swine Flu is just way overrated. People always panic about "new" epidemics like this.
    I think the truth is it's just like a normal flu, really.
    I mean, Rupert Grint (Ron Weasley) had it and he had completely recovered from it after a few days of bedrest...

But you never hear that in the news. They skip that in favor of the three fatal cases in Mexico or something like that...

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    Most known swine flu fatalities have involved people with preexisting medical conditions, to the best of my knowledge. I never kept up with the news as much as I should have, so I'm a bit fuzzy on the details.

Camisado

a therapeutic chain of events
    Years
  • My ex-boyfriend had a bad case of swine flu (he's healthy enough, but doesn't have a fantastic immune system) so he was isolated in his flat for about one or two weeks.

Recently one of my best friends was told she had it - after it had gone. She had a very mild flu. She came out with us for a quiet Saturday night drink and only had a sore throat by then.

So yeah, I've not heard of any bad cases either.

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • My ex-boyfriend had a bad case of swine flu (he's healthy enough, but doesn't have a fantastic immune system) so he was isolated in his flat for about one or two weeks.

Recently one of my best friends was told she had it - after it had gone. She had a very mild flu. She came out with us for a quiet Saturday night drink and only had a sore throat by then.

So yeah, I've not heard of any bad cases either.
    My cousins had a bad case of the flu. I couldn't see them for weeks and they seemed to be in awful state. They couldn't even talk, they just sat there sleeping all day.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    Thanks for the change of subject though. xD
    Well, I think Swine Flu is just way overrated. People always panic about "new" epidemics like this.
    I think the truth is it's just like a normal flu, really.
    I mean, Rupert Grint (Ron Weasley) had it and he had completely recovered from it after a few days of bedrest...

But you never hear that in the news. They skip that in favor of the three fatal cases in Mexico or something like that...
    I reallly want want to stab you.

Why can no one see the obvious?

People are worried about it because it CAN become a deadly flu. IF it combined with the current flu or even worse the Avian Flu, it WOULD become deadly. Right now, it is NOT but people would rather not take their CHANCES. Especially since that flus combining happens COMMONLY. It's not an epidemic because it is deadly. It ISN'T. It's and epidemic because it CAN become deadly. We would rather not take CHANCES. This flu is HIGHLY CONTAGIOUS, if it combined with another flu virus it it would STAY HIGHLY CONTAGIOUS andBECOME EXTREMELY DEADLY. Do you want that to happen? NO. Hence the epidemic status and the rush to create a vaccine.

"Why are you so mad?"

Because this is the five billionth time I am explaining the obvious. :/ People, actually look up stuff before posting about something. Jesus. >_>

Last edited:

Mew Ichigo

Akatsuki Fan
    Years
  • Swine Flu on its own is bad enough. I was sick with it, and since I cant sleep when it not night, I was in pain all day for 8 days.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Me and my brother had it last week and the week before that, on and off. I was ok, had to sleep and rest for a few days, but he got lots of fever and slept for a whole week. Now he's fine :3

Thing with swine flu (beside all the things Ctep pointed out so "madly") is that it is so highly contagious, so everybody will become sick at approximately the same time in, say, a city. If that happens, the society goes down (if the doctors are sick, who will tend to the sick??). Tadaa~

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Yeah, if everyone in a city gets sick, EVERYTHING slows down. Transport, the economy, various services...

Exactly. Even if people get better in a week or so, that week will be pretty eerie... But I guess everybody wont get sick at the same time. It's already begun in my town, and we don't see many effects. So maybe I overrate the flu too :3

But my government has said they're going to offer all the citizens vaccine in the late September... a bit late??

Twisted Cuteness

Always a team
    Years
    • Va
    • Seen Apr 24, 2016
    oh wow, thats pretty amazing. I remember when we had a staff infection in my highschool senior year about 15 or 20 students had it and they never shut the school down X_X

Citrinin

Nephrotoxic.
    Years
  • Ctep said:
    If everyone gets sick, no school. :P Schools here have to close down by law if 1/4 of the student body is sick.
    This reminds me of a day at school last year when there were two failures in the same day: the water stopped running and there was a gas leak.

Had they not fixed the water by 8:30, the school would have been shut down. During the gas leak, we were simply made to stay inside. ?_?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back