• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Daily-Chit Chat of 09'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Code_Green

Time to get serious!
Years
  • We have a lousy excuse for a cafeteria....Lunch lady with a cheap wobly table in the gym with a toaster and some milk products (Yogurt and chocolate milk) with ludicrously high prices. XD

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Yeah, but mom be a health freak. Buys disgusting bread. >XP
    Would rather have the bad "cafeteria" bread than home bread. XD

Bread with things in it? :D I love those. Nuts, grains, carrots.... thingbread is good :3

Bad cafeteria bread is light bread?

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • In high school, the food got so bad I began brown-bagging it every day. I was allergic to half the stuff for sure, and I wasn't sure whether or not I was allergic to it the other half of the time...

Yu_&_Rei

♪Its Quiz Time!♪
    Years
  • oh wow I had that in elementary school from kindergarten to grade 3. it was pretty bad seeing as how i was allergic to diary products, eggs, and all kinds of nuts. the diary and egg allergy is gone now though =)

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
    Years
  • Omg school lunch? I'm forced to buy it today since I was too lazy to pack a lunch last night and I forgot to bring money for a pretzel. D8
    Thinkin' I'll skip lunch today since I had a hardboiled egg this morning, which sustains one for surprisingly long. 83 The stuff is gross today anyway.

Years
  • Same. :< We get to leave school grounds and go to nearby shops though, which I think is better than actually having a cafeteria. :D Are you able to do that?
    We never did at our lame school, that's for sure......T_T And there was a Chili's right down the friggin road!!!! *headesk* The principal was like "We can't let you leave, m'kay? It's a liability, m'kay?"

If a cafeteria is supposed to be like the one we had, you don't want it. It was terrible! >_< I don't know what that crap was that they called "Steak Fingers"......my friends and I would joke about it: "Could be meat.....could be cake! I dunno!" (George Carlin reference)

The only thing we had that was decent were the rolls. And on Thanksgiving they would have legit turkey and dressing, so that was good. We also got a CiCi's pizza stand my sophomore year, but it was only on Tuesdays and Thursdays. So I starved for lunch 3/5 days.....lol, that pizza stand would be absolutely overrun! The line would go across the lunchroom!

We also joked that those things they called "french fries" tasted like a mattress....with ketchup. No joke. It was weird!

Code

Stealcase
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Apr 23, 2021
    I pack my food in a brown bag, but I'm the only one in the entire school to do it. XD

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • When I do pack my bags, only once in a while that is, I tend to use foil. It's easy to use and disposable.

Most of the time, I tend to eat in the school canteen though.

Code

Stealcase
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Apr 23, 2021
    The food there makes you want to throw up, in my case...*Thinks of parody song from weird al Yancovic for no apparent reason*

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    Back when I was still in secondary school, I simply elected to eat the cafeteria food. Since I was a recipient of financial assistance, it was free, and to be honest, it wasn't that bad.

Your collective situations with regards to cafeteria food reminded me of these jokes about Russian university students and the food offered at their own canteens:

"A memo in a student dining hall: Students, do not drop your food on the floor, two cats have already died after eating it."

"A crocodile's stomach can digest concrete. A student's stomach can digest that of a crocodile."​

If your food was that bad, well...

Soul Eater

silver won't say he's in love~
    Years
  • We had that too. We had free lunch, reduced lunch and regular lunch. Most of the food was okay but... yeah. Typical school lunch plus, the building I went to school on was so ancient they had to tear it down too. D:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back