• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatKidMike

yall fuccbois
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2013
    I tried watching Prince of Tennis awhile back, watched the first episode and couldn't get into it. I should've given it more of a chance, but I couldn't get into the fact that the protagonist was like 8 years old. Maybe I'm just picky.

Hajime no Ippo is by far the best sports anime/manga I've gone through, and one of my favorite ones in general.

Her

Years
    • Seen today
    What season? I could really go for some of the original episodes ;-;
    I miss Misty's fiery temper, instead of Iris' sheer blandness.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    I think I sampled it in my brother's Shonen Jump a few years back, but I wasn't really interested in it.
    It starts out really slow sadly, but it's best if you start from the beginning.
    PoT/Prince of Tennis
    Is my favourite sports anime. That's the only anime I watched that is sports anyways.

What, that doesn't make sense :(
    It's like saying Uwe Boll is your favorite movie director but his movies are the only movies you've seen.

ThatKidMike

yall fuccbois
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2013
    I don't actually watch the Pokemon anime, but I checked out the first half of the new Isshu episode out of boredom and liked the direction that they were taking Team Rocket.

Years
    It starts out really slow sadly, but it's best if you start from the beginning.

What, that doesn't make sense :(
    It's like saying Uwe Boll is your favorite movie director but his movies are the only movies you've seen.

Reword:
    Prince of Tennis is the only sports anime i've ever seen. Just that i've seen what other ones look like from pictures and stuff and the drawings were a bit horrid. ):

Last edited:

A Pixy

Cruel?
    Years
    Reword:
    Prince of Tennis is the only sports anime i've ever seen. Just that i've seen what other ones look like from pictures and stuff and the drawings were a bit horrid. ):

Spoiler:

BEST.

SPORTS.

MANGA.

EVER.

PERIOD.

END OF CONVO.

And yes, PoT had freakishly large eyes. And I don't mean in the Shojo sense, they looked rather buggish. n_n

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years

You're not exactly doing anything physical apart from moving your hands for a few seconds, so I'd say that it isn't a sport.

But your exercising something much more important... your mind.

Also your hands, which are pretty much the equivalent of poutine in Quebec.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023

You're not exactly doing anything physical apart from moving your hands for a few seconds, so I'd say that it isn't a sport.

Would things like chess boxing count as sports then? Because I'm quite confused about that.

Bay

Years
    What season? I could really go for some of the original episodes ;-;
    I miss Misty's fiery temper, instead of Iris' sheer blandness.
    Not sure, but I think Captain Hobo watched today's Pokemon episode, the new season being called "Sinnoh League Victors."

And I don't think you can say Iris is bland just yet. B/W only aired two episodes. I'm sure she'll develop a bit in later episodes. I actually watched the first B/W episodes and I'm sure she has potential to be a good character.

As for sports, the only ones I'm keeping up with are tennis and baseball. XD

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    The only sport I can actually imagine playing is association football, but even then I'm not really an active kind of person.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back