• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    I managed to squeeze some Game Boy gaming in there when I bought my GBC in 1999. I had pretty much beaten Blue ('cept for the E4), by the time I got Yellow and Red for Christmas that year. Though I didn't fully beat any of them until late 2000 when I borrowed a high-level Pokemon from my cousin.

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
    Years
    Happy New Year, PC! And as promised, I'm posting here, now, and leaving. I wish you all the best of luck for the New Year!

k bai. This is my last post. Remember it well. /lolno

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    haha XD

I think in both red/blue and diamond/platinum, I beat the elite 4 first time through, mostly by coincidence and overuse of potions and such.

I haven't played Pokemon in a while though, right now I've been playing Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks.

Zet

Years
    I've been meaning to try out spirit tracks but I haven't had the time since I've been broke :P

and enjoy this pokemon comic strip
    Spoiler:

ÇyänïdëÉX

Dr.banana
    Years
    Wow i forgot all about the new years resolution. oh wells, happy new years to all yous ladies and germs hugs and kisses and all that new years stuff.

ÇyänïdëÉX

Dr.banana
    Years
    I guess its not that bad to make one now huh? at least it will be recorded here for a little while..hmm lets see my resolution for this year is too love more and hate less..sounds simple XD

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Oh noes. This new thread got 5 pages without me touching it XD

Good resolutions, the one above. Mine are to lose some weight, not to eat candy, do better in school, listen to myself more and take care of myself more. Weei :D

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    Lol, I chose Bulbasaur initially. And God knows why, but I decided to name it "Coolboy" (yeah... idk...).

My original team was something like:

Venasaur
    Mew
    Zapdos
    Vileplum
    Gengar
    Hypno or Arcanine (or neither; can't remember)

I played the game again, before I got Diamond, and went with a sort of dragonic team.

Something like:

Charizard
    Dragonite
    Aerodactyl
    Onix
    Seadra
    Gyrados

Wit Diamond/Platinum though, I got my dragon team this time around too, and even it presented a challenge when facing Cynthia, as most of her Pokemon were good against mine, or at least had moves for it.

I think the team was like:

Kingdra
    Flygon
    Dragonite
    Aerodactyl
    Charizard
    Garchomp

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    My Yellow team always looked the same. Pikachu, Venusaur, Charizard, Blastoise, Hypno/Kadabra, Primeape/Machoke.

Lol Don XD

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    Hmmm I might have used Machamp in place of the last two... I think I chose it because it could be spelt as part of my name. Not that "Machamp" is in my name but rather, seperating "ma" and "champ". XD

Bay

Years
    Heh, for my Diamond team I have all of my Pokemon named after characters from my fanfic. XD; If I remember correctly:

Golduck (Timmy)
    Luxray (Jacob)
    Gastrodon (Jenny)
    Steelix(Brenda)
    Chatot (Bunny)
    Infernape (Lucas)

I think I'll do the same when I get HG/SS. XD

Last edited:

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    In one of my playthroughs of Yellow, I named them all after hip-hop artists that were big at the time. :(
    That's still better than what I used to do when playing Gold and Silver; with a few exceptions, I simply named the Pokémon I caught after either gym leaders who used those species or Digimon that they supposedly resembled. The only notable exception to that naming convention that I still remember right now was that I named Voltorbs and Electrodes after Tsar Bomba.

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    Lol... Yeah I was lucky enough to have had a gameboy (regular old fat one) and a gameboy colour, so with red and blue, I was able to complete it, and get a little certificate from the developer in teh building.

I suppose I could finish off the same for Platinum, but that would take a while. XD

I do miss the good ol' days of gameboy though.

Also if anyone had or knew: The gameboy camera came out before pokemon (at least in North America), and you could unlock sort of photo/extras acheivements by taking a certain amount of pictures, or printing a certain amount, or trading a certain amount. Needless to say, about 5 of the stamps were Venasaur, Blastoise, Charizard, Mew and Pikachu (if I remember correctly)...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back