• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The DCC: New Spring Edition coming soon 3/21!

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I've been going to Wal-Mart more recently since I started driving since it's the place where we go and get food when my Mom doesn't feel like going to Sam's Club. My sister and I went to get some Ice Cream from Wal-Mart the other day and ended up wandering around for about an hour or two haha.

Years
    Ah Wal-Mart. Studying it oh so thoroughly in my Labor and Industrial relations class just gives me mixed reactions towards it.

It's great on the consumer side...but this video comes to mind WAAAAYYYY too often.

Karma Police

Arrest this man
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    WALMART I DON'T HAVE ONE HERE BUT I HAVE BEEN TO ONE WHEN I WAS IN AMERICA.

lol it's such a huge place and stuff. It looked good enough to me. that probably tells you how good markets are in India

Years
    All those big box store chains are an EVERYTHING EMPORIUM. Target, Wal-Mart, Sears, Home Depot, Lowes, and one of my personal favorites (a local one), Menards. That last one really kinda does have everything. Like on par with Sears and Wal-Mart that's how much their megastores have in stock. And the stores are bigger, too (but that's because they're a home improvement store first and foremost).

Years
    Ah Wal-Mart. Studying it oh so thoroughly in my Labor and Industrial relations class just gives me mixed reactions towards it.

It's great on the consumer side...but this video comes to mind WAAAAYYYY too often.

That video sums up everything you need to know about Walmart. And America. And global economics, really.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Isn't Sears clothes? And Lowes/Home Depot construction? I don't think they count as "everything emporiums". XD

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    Isn't Sears clothes? And Lowes/Home Depot construction? I don't think they count as "everything emporiums". XD

Sears has clothes, but its not their main focus certainly. I know because I worked in a Sears store. They are way more about tools and appliances, but they have clothes, appliances, electronics, tools, mattresses and other things. In my opinion Sear's clothes arent very good( I worked in the clothing department where I basically kept the clothes and fitting rooms tidy and did some merchandising, pricing, and put up signs), so I worked directly with them, but yeah, Sears is not about clothes at all really.

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    They make all their money off appliances pretty much as those cost the most, so Id have to say thats their focus.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    Sears has clothes, but its not their main focus certainly. I know because I worked in a Sears store. They are way more about tools and appliances, but they have clothes, appliances, electronics, tools, mattresses and other things. In my opinion Sear's clothes arent very good( I worked in the clothing department where I basically kept the clothes and fitting rooms tidy and did some merchandising, pricing, and put up signs), so I worked directly with them, but yeah, Sears is not about clothes at all really.
    Sears always struck me as a clothing store. They have all kinds of stuff in their catalog and online, but whenever I've had to walkby or through one in mall, it's always been a clothes store. Maybe with one aisle of toys (which makes sense, parents bring their kids to the mall to shop and then the kids can nag them to buy the toy they were playing with as they waited).

There are Sears home stores for stuff like furniture and appliances. But, I've only ever seen them as a separate location.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Yeah I've never bought anything outside of clothes at a Sear's. xD But I've heard of Sears appliances before, never ever tools though.

My point was that Wal-Mart doesn't fall under the same category as Sears lol. Sears is very department store. Also Sears doesn't sell groceries. :3

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    I haven't been to Sears in awhile, but once I get on my own and start needing appliances, I'll most definitely be looking at them above Wal Mart. We've bought electronics at Wal Mart that have turned out to be complete crap.

Karma Police

Arrest this man
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    Wal-Mart was supposed to open up in India, but some whole buncha crap happened and all foreign departmental chains like Wal-Mart are not allowed to open stores in here. So sad considering the state of markets here.

Years
    Sears set the industry standard for an "everything" department store and then Wal-Mart surpassed that, to put it simply (though only within the last 15 years).

Sears and Kmart might not be around in 10 years. That's how bad the company they formed when merging has been performing. They just keep closing more and more Sears and Kmart stores.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Well, K-Mart is like Wal-Mart's ghetto cousin. And considering Wal-Mart's pretty ghetto in its own right...

Bad idea for Sears to merge with K-Mart. I remember about ten years back they had another mass closing of K-Mart stores.. back before the economy began to turn sour. I don't recall if Sears was part of the equation back then or not.

I don't think the K-Mart near us has renovated the interior of the store in over 20 years and last time I ventured in, those shelves were bare.

Years
    We don't have Sears and Wal-Mart in Australia. There are some Cost-Co stores in some states though.
    Ah, Costco. There is a fun store. Get things cheap by buying in bulk in stead of Walmart cheap where it's just because what you're buying is crap in the first place.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back