• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: The DCCverse: The Multiverse Lounge

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years
    I like regionbuilding as well! But obviously it's not the only thing I have in mind here. I should be posting the region I had intended to give birth to in WoPC soon. Operative word being 'soon'.

but people being super against the ideas some of us had for doing wopc-ish stuff/bringing back unfinished regions kind of put me off for a while :/
    Really? I totally didn't know that. They are probably people who aren't contributing here now I suppose. I can't wait to see your pokemon world's nonetheless~

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Everybody goes so deep with their history and politics and stuff, I feel (8 I want to focus on lighter parts of worldbuilding, I think haha. But that's fine, I hope. Just doing what's fun for yourself, right?

Years
    I don't think it's really about me going for gritty over lighthearted (alright, Jeimas was always going to be gritty) but I just love worldbuilding a lot and as such I want to go really deep into the lore of what I create.

Also, remember how we talked about languages the other day? I wasn't planning on it but I've sort of ended up making a half-language (kind of) for Native Jeimans. I've only actually created the words I need so far (for the names of clans) but I ended up using this bastardised mash up of Maori and Samoan to create the words. The general grammar is that adjectives/adverbs have to come before nouns/verbs (ie. he ran fast becomes fast he ran - like Yoda speak) and both prepositions and pronouns are limited. I doubt I'll do much linguistic work though lol, this just kind of happened.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
    If I were to make a language, it be probably only alphabet changes, and the words are basically based in English, which only has the symbols changed :x

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
    My language's alphabet is the same as the Latin one. Basically nothing's altered in my alphabet, except some letters are omitted.

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years
    Everybody goes so deep with their history and politics and stuff, I feel (8 I want to focus on lighter parts of worldbuilding, I think haha. But that's fine, I hope. Just doing what's fun for yourself, right?
    What exactly is considered the "lighter" parts? xD

I'm more concerned with geography and like establishing the visual aesthetics of my world(s) first.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    What exactly is considered the "lighter" parts? xD

I'm more concerned with geography and like establishing the visual aesthetics of my world(s) first.
    I like thinking up what pokémon would live where, what gyms I'd put where, what kind of legends my region would have - not necessarily very scientifically correct nor politically believable. But that's pokémon for ya ;D

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    I mean that's pretty standard for a Pokémon region, and that's fun! I personally like to focus a lot more on the overall and day-to-day culture and economy, because I feel Pokémon itself lacks explaination for that kind of thing and that's what I love in irl studies~~

Years
    The small details are interesting since they usual tie into the bigger stuff. Like, everything is connected. Like, you have a county that's really hot all year round so the houses have to be airy and open and the clothing has to be light so there's no shame in people showing skin, etc. Architecture, clothing, and cultural norms all stemming from one thing.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    I just made this with that Photoshop pack that Juno posted. I loooooooooooove this thing. Gonna use these a ton. <3

The DCCverse: The Multiverse Lounge

Years
    I'm gonna get started on more stuff tomorrow. I don't have the energy for the massive undertaking that is history today lol.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    I never wanna see multiverse empty again. Someone get a computer with a really good charger and fan, load a page here, and leave it on for 3 months.

EDIT: so the computer thing isn't working. we need a plan B. I suggest fundraisers, and signature tags.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2020
    I'm planning on starting my Planet. Any tips? I'm thinking that it would be a large planet, with many different races quite seperated from eachother, and VERY different in culture and technology - some races would shun technology completely and others would be rediculously advance (space exploration). Humans would be one of the species.

Gonna take a bit of time catching up with the days.

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2020
    Also how do you do the fancy coloured and structured backgrounds that people have with there posts? Thanks

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
    I'm planning on starting my Planet. Any tips? I'm thinking that it would be a large planet, with many different races quite seperated from eachother, and VERY different in culture and technology - some races would shun technology completely and others would be rediculously advance (space exploration). Humans would be one of the species.

Gonna take a bit of time catching up with the days.

Also how do you do the fancy coloured and structured backgrounds that people have with there posts? Thanks

Hey! So, if you want my advice, start with the planet itself, layout the geography of your world first, place where each of your races will be living in, and then go deeper, and focus on each culture, and stuff. If you want some more advice, you could visit The Nebula, and try to develop your planet from there, until you're ready to make your own thread.

As for the background, it's CSS, and there are some threads in which could help you in that department. You could also ask fellow members to help you out as well.

Back