• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kamotz

Chronicler
    Years
    Well that's the thing. The story starts after the 2nd game (The Lost Age), so psynergy is fairly common, which means that you can have your character be from almost anywhere. My idea for a starting point is that after Lord Babi dies (mentioned in the Lost Age), Iodem (his second-in-command) becomes Tolbi's new ruler and creates a "League of Adepts" to help manage the tensions and disagreements in a politically unstable Alchemy-imbued world.

The characters will be members of that "League"...not sure if that's what I'll name the group, but we'll use that term for now.

Basically, you'll choose your elemental allignment:

Mercury--Water and Ice
    Venus--Rock/Earth and Plants
    Mars--Fire and Heat
    Jupiter--Wind and Lightning

And you'll be part of Iodem's League that helps dissolve tensions; especially with people gaining the ability to wield psynergy at an increasing rate and attempting to use this new power irresponsibly.

In terms of classes (the various ones that appear in the Golden Sun games), I still haven't decided. It would be way too confusing to use the Djinn to change class like in the games, and since in the Golden Sun universe all the Djinn were found (by the 8 main Adept characters), they wouldn't be really involved at all. But the ability to change classes was a big part of the Golden Sun games, so perhaps at certain points throughout the games there will be chances to change your class (either permenantly or temporarily).

As for Djinn...I stated before that Djinn, being limited to only 72 individual Djinni, wouldn't play a big part as they are connected to the 8 Adepts from the games (who will only appear in minor cameos throughout the story). However, I do like the idea of..."creatures"...or something, that aid us in battle. My idea was to have psynergy-sensitive animals (not really mythological, but regular animals) that you work with and help you out. Perhaps these creatures can help in the whole "changing classes" deal.

Like I said, I'm still trying to work it out.

You'd have no real limit on the psynergy that you'd be able to wield really so long as it was from your element. Since everyone would be part of Iodem's special squad, the characters would all be at relatively high "levels", and we'd have access to whatever psynergy we could have.

Next is equipment; I'm not too concerned with this point. You can basically have any weapon that have appeared in the games (there will be a few exceptions) or you can create your own (just don't godmod it). I feel the same about other things like shields and armor. "Unleashes"--where your artifact/special/enchanted/enhanced weapon unleashes a set-specific attack, are basically up to you when to use. Don't use it too often, but you can use them in "dire times".

Altin

Nomad Master Trainer
    Years
    well i hav beat both games and awaiting the next on NDS but if you can come up with a char sheet i will fill it out and send it to you to use as a model as long as i get to keep that char for the rp. Hey, any thoughts about the pkmn mystery dungeon rp anyone? i found one on another site and cant seem to find it again. all i no about it is POKEWORLD and a banner showed a 3-d pic of the hoenn starters and said the best pokeworld forum or somthing like that, can anyone help me find it?

Hey i looked into you pokemon rpg idea and i really like it so ill create a char and ill send it your way. plz tell me anything i need to know otherwise im gonna get it to you by the end of this week.

Last edited:

Kamotz

Chronicler
    Years
    I'm not sure what Pokemon RP you're referring to. I had tried to get a Digimon RP going, but that fell through (not enough people), so I kinda gave up on it. I had my "Pokemon: Ultimates" kinda planning for a while, but I realized that I had no plot direction and between final exams and a trip to europe, it never really got off the ground. Right now, the only RP I have in the works on this site is this Golden Sun RP i've been discussing.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
    SHADOWS OF MAROÖHR
    An RP idea (Maroohr is an acceptable spelling.

Okay, there isn't much as of now, I am working on the story, but this is what I have so far.

Background
    The land of Maroohr (Mah-roor) is a beautiful land of sand dunes, and it's central city, Toshkiarr is an oasis with it's deep springs providing water for the rest of the parched nation. Maroohr is ruled by a Khair (Kae-ere), the Khair holds absolute power, but in recent years the power of the Khairacy has began to wane, and his advisers, The Targarin Council (Tare-gare-in), have begun to wrest power away from Kuszian Targarin, The Fourth of His Name (Kuse-zane).

In the midst of this political turmoil, the jewel of Maroohr, the underwater lake called Mahaz (Ma-Haz) which is the source of the entire nation's supply of magic, has begun to dry up.

(Future edits)

N-XIGE

Ascension: Success Story
    Years
    I was actuall thinking of a Bleach RP...or one that would involve heavy use of Katanas...but, well, construction comes first.

Altin

Nomad Master Trainer
    Years
    Kamotz, remember the rp which told the story of all the legendaries? i came across that and liked it

the annilation: conquest?

Last edited:

Altin

Nomad Master Trainer
    Years
    well i have the data on it and will still get the character sheet filled cause it sounds like a good rp. anything i need to know? i want mew.

Altin

Nomad Master Trainer
    Years
    well i hav some friends that would like to help so since i hav the data ill print it and start up a sheet and tell you what they think of it ok? if its good you might be able to work with it with your friends and we could try it again after ppl who arent on this site hav played and revive it that way. tell me what you think around tomarrow.

Kamotz

Chronicler
    Years
    Yeah. The Golden Sun RP is still in the works. I've already got the overall plot concept, antagonists, setting, and situation planned, it just needs to be written down. I'm still trying to figure out character classes and summonings though (since I don't plan on having Djinn--at least for now). And I'm working out how many characters I'd want (2 of each maybe...so that's 8. People would have to post more than 1 character for that to work).

I'm also working out a few extra sort of details that may or may not be worked into the RP...not sure yet.

N-XIGE

Ascension: Success Story
    Years
    Well, people should make their own djinni...and one char...

Waht else...in Kraden's school, I also have my own story you know?

Kamotz

Chronicler
    Years
    People making their own Djinn is just way too complicated. It's a great concept for a videogame, but djinn in a tabletop/online/written RPG will really confuse and complicate things. Considering the fact that in the Golden Sun Games, there were a limited number of Djinn and that could be obtained (72 in all), and these Djinn were all needed to unlock that optional area, it just seems unlikely that there are any more Djinn.

Akarei Yorume

His servant forever... <3
    Years
    I've got an idea for a Pokemon one... draft title is Pokemon Mystery Dungeon - Reign of Scarlet Daybreak... something like that.

Setting: The land of RyuKyu (translation: DragonNine or NineDragon). Ivy Village and Guild Headquarters are the main places.

Plot: The guild of Ivy Village oversees the Village, it's protection, events, and whatnot. The characters would be rookie members, training to defend their village from wild pokemon and such... there are teams of four, the Leader and three others.
    The Guildmaster is an weird old Lugia (who enjoys the company of the ladies. XD), but the driving force behind the guild is carried out by an Articuno (who has a fierce temper! DON'T make her mad!)
    So it starts with the teams being established, carrying out rescue missions and... yeah. But rumors of strange Pokemon attacking other villages start to arise... and one day two of them appear to kidnap one of the rookies (an NPC Ninetales.) for the reason that he has the secret to one of the seven Legendary Dragons of RyuKyu. (I know it's called RyuKyu meaning ninedragon, but... there are seven Dragons and a God and a Goddess, so...). Eventually it is learned that it is an organization of Pokemon simply known as "Daybreak". But that isn't the only threat. Natural disasters are throwing the land out of whack, and it is up to the players to stop Daybreak and solve the mystery of the crumbling world. ^^ Yeah, I know it sucks...

Years
    I've got an idea for a Pokemon one... draft title is Pokemon Mystery Dungeon - Reign of Scarlet Daybreak... something like that.

Setting: The land of RyuKyu (translation: DragonNine or NineDragon). Ivy Village and Guild Headquarters are the main places.

Plot: The guild of Ivy Village oversees the Village, it's protection, events, and whatnot. The characters would be rookie members, training to defend their village from wild pokemon and such... there are teams of four, the Leader and three others.
    The Guildmaster is an weird old Lugia (who enjoys the company of the ladies. XD), but the driving force behind the guild is carried out by an Articuno (who has a fierce temper! DON'T make her mad!)
    So it starts with the teams being established, carrying out rescue missions and... yeah. But rumors of strange Pokemon attacking other villages start to arise... and one day two of them appear to kidnap one of the rookies (an NPC Ninetales.) for the reason that he has the secret to one of the seven Legendary Dragons of RyuKyu. (I know it's called RyuKyu meaning ninedragon, but... there are seven Dragons and a God and a Goddess, so...). Eventually it is learned that it is an organization of Pokemon simply known as "Daybreak". But that isn't the only threat. Natural disasters are throwing the land out of whack, and it is up to the players to stop Daybreak and solve the mystery of the crumbling world. ^^ Yeah, I know it sucks...

It doesn't suck, it just needs some tweaking.

Mystery Dungeon RPs are really hard to make good, as there isn't really much of it to tell, but I find that this plot you've given could be used as a turnaround for something different. Though the plot is essentially the same as others, with a good funny bone in various RPers that join, it could be a well made satire RP, which I would think is new. At the same time, there also has to be something new to drive RPers to continue, so we need a few twists here.

The kidnapping could be used as a good twist, but it has to happen early. At the same time, I don't think a Ninetales would fit as "rookie". If you have it a vulpix, it suddenly appeals more, I'd believe. Also, I don't really know if the Seven Dragons of RyuKyu is a good idea. I don't know why, but it just doesn't sound right to me.

You know, it would work better if the RP was kept entirely as a rescue mission to save the vulpix which will send the RPers on a journey through the vast world of Mystery Dungeon, upon every corner finding that they are ambushed by this Daybreak group. But if that were to happen, we would need a new leader. Articuno would not be a good choice for that type of story line, so we need something that fits the bill better. It may be cliché a bit, but a Blaziken would probably be one of the best choices, and definitely fit that mean "get out of my way" attitude you were going for with Articuno.

The guildsmaster is someone I would not want to change. If we can keep it as a satire, then Lugia is not a farfetched choice for a guildsmaster who's basically a playboy ladies man, but it has to be funny. Otherwise, it wouldn't work.

So here's what my suggestion outline is like. We have a guildsmaster ladies man who happens to be a Legendary. Add some drunk stupidness for extra measure too. At the base, a Blaziken takes over most of the time and wishes only for the best of the team, while at the same time is very scary when you get on her bad side. The start of the RP is a group meeting where everyone is met by this Blaziken at the place where they would meet, and she tells the group (RPers) that Vulpix has been kidnapped. Upon hearing the news, everyone begins to get ready to leave on a rescue to save the Vulpix, and find out the reason of why he/she was kidnapped (it be best to keep the reason hidden for awhile). The entire RP would trek throughout the landscape for possible places that Daybreak could be holding the Vulpix, and on certain instances (when a major part of the RP is done and ready to get to the next one) the guildsmaster would show up and act with his stupidness while at the same time contributing to moving the plot forward. It'd be nice if you add a trait where he'd go up to the female Blaziken and try to act his style (ladies man-ish) and have her do something that will make us all laugh. All of this should lead up to a big finally at the end where the team fights Daybreak.

Now I wasn't sure where I could fit natural disasters into this, and I'm pretty sure there's more to the plot than what I've written (RyuKyu wasn't even mentioned in my outline), so yeah, there's still some work needed. Tell me a bit more about the plot.

Mangasaurus Rex

It wasn't meee! (>[]<)
    Years
    Ya, my Ragnarök doesn't have any sign-ups, so I'm making a better one.

So far:
    Welcome to the world of Stenaour! This realm is filled with with beautiful sights and wondrous sounds. Although we have our rich and full towns, many monsters fill the rest of the world. All of the towns have enlisted soldiers to help fight off these beasts, and it seems to be working. One of those towns is so secret no-one other than the townspeople and the king know about, and that's how it is wanted by both. Our story starts out in the town, named Seacresto, and the soldiers enlisted there. In Seacresto, all soldiers have a special power. With the tatoos they wear on there arms and body, they can transform into the animal the tats depict. With this power, and a few other weapons, they have the power to end this constant fighting.

I will type up the sign up a bit later, but I would love to know how you guys feel.

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
    Years
    So this is the rough for a crossover RP idea I had. Basically, you can make up original characters that come from any kind of world you can think of (anime, video game, book, your imagination, etc.). I thought it'd be interesting, but I also don't want to be smacked by illiterates when I put it up. XD Should probably put a ban on Naruto characters as well. XD

Integrated I: Roads Crossing

Is there other intelligent life out there? Humans and creatures alike have looked to the starry sky time and time again with this very thought in their minds. An alternative theory for the existence of fellow intelligent life is that there is such a thing as an alternative dimension, hidden from the eyes of our world. Obviously, just like with the existence of life on other planets, there's no solid proof to support this theory. But what if there really was another dimension, or in fact thousands upon thousands of different dimensions that all met at one particular point in the universe? I'm sure you're raising your eyebrow and wondering about proof. Well, there is none, really. But maybe you'll visit the City of Crossroads one day yourself, and at that moment you'll know this theory is correct.

Yes, Crossroad City, or CRC as denoted by the Legion of Hearts, is what lies at the heart of the universe. It is the train station between dimensions if you will, allowing passage between one and another. But, only members of the Legion of Hearts are permitted the ability to travel freely, and for a very particular reason. So that they can gather participants from different worlds to use in a tournament known as the Dimensional Cup. You see, the players are taken from their home world without having their own opinion hold any weight. In order to get back to their home, they must win the cup or face one of two options: be killed, or become part of the Legion.

Perhaps now is the time to shed some light on the nature of the Legion of Hearts. The Legion is divided into four classes: Diamonds, Clubs, Spades, and Hearts. The Diamond class is responsible for medical and healing related issues. They are the Legion group that has the largest numerical presence at the Dimensional Cup, due to the obvious need to help whomever may become injured through their victory or defeats. Clubs act as intelligence, gathering information and locating worthy contenders for the Cup, which gives them access to some of the highest level technology in CRC. Spades are the assassin class. Skilled killers, with members including ninjas and the like. The most powerful Spade member holds the title of 'Queen of Spades'. Hearts are the military power of the Legion, containing the most elite soldiers and fighters provided. Keep in mind that for the most part, Legion members don't want to be where they are, since they are only there as they lost the Dimensional Cup, but they have no choice but to obey the 'Winner'. The Winner governs the entire legion, and nobody quite knows who it is.

Aside from the Legion and the Dimensional Cup, there is quite a bit more to see in the CRC. The place is built like a giant city to provide homes for Legion members. An ocean of blue nothingness surrounds the massive city, and the only entrance or exit is the Bridge of Discovery to the north. This bridge leads to the Terminal of a Million Dimensions, which allows transportation to any dimension thinkable. At the center of the CRC is the Dome which is where the Cup is held. Participants are given residence on a nearby campus.

Upon waking in the CRC, unwilling participants are assigned to a team of three. As each participant comes from a different world with different laws and abilities, there is never a shortage of unique team combinations. The teams then must overcome a variety of challenges for round one, and the conditions begin to change as they go through rounds two and three.

Đ a r κ

Love Intent
    Years
    The last time I did a real time RP was when I first started here ]: -tear- I'm not quite used to it either so I'm sure there are things in this that are a bit...eh, but that's what this thread's for right :D! Anyway, I guess you can place this next to the Heroes saga in a way (HEROES FTW D<) but in my own way x]

Purification 01

In a world ruled by companies and organizations,
    one in particular holds a secret which could bring
    humanity to it's breaking point. Many wonder
    how life would become if they were able to use
    more than the regular ten percent of their brain
    power. However, a group of these people formed
    and organization directed to this topic. This
    formation did not simply appear in the resent
    years. They've thrived for hundreds of years.

This company was created around the early
    1700's. During this century, through research,
    they found that humans were evolving in a way.
    Strangely, this evolution was far off the similarity
    of size or population, this was supernatural, what
    they discovered.

After taking test subjects who had
    evolved earlier than the rest of society, they were
    able to notice the dangers of these "abilities", and so
    they vigorously made experiments to explain all
    of this. They realized that this evolution was
    tattooed into a part of our brains which is an
    area where scientist found that was unused until most
    aged to at least their teenage years where their hormones
    were changing their body in different ways.

In fear of the possibilities of what would happen to society
    if everyone were able to use these powers at their free will,
    they began on a virus which after being created around the
    1720's was released upon the world, halting the
    evolution of people to be able to unlock anything past
    twelve percent of their brain power. Since then, the
    organization has kept an eye on humanity, but continued
    studying these abilities in a safe environment.

Unfortunately, the virus has become weaker over
    the years and people around the world are slowly gaining
    abilities. While some gain their full blown abilities, others
    are however in the fetal stage of their powers. The company
    has noticed this occurrence and is quickly working on
    a way to stop this from progressing.

Little does this organization know, that an enemy group has
    awaken; an alliance of these evolved humans who wish to make
    sure that they are the only ones on earth who can use their
    abilities. In order to do so, they plan on infiltrating the
    company's stronghold and steal their information to make their
    own permanent virus to stop the rest of humanity from changing.

As a seemingly normal human being, you live your regular life
    which will soon end entirely, opening your eyes to a world in which
    you thought only existed in dreams. Lives will be lost, an adventure
    unfolds, and fate hovers over earth as it waits to cover the world, but
    will this destiny bring despair or hope?

Name: ( The most difficult part of this sign up )

Age: ( 9-45 ( If you wish to be a child (9-13), I would like for you to have a fellow member
    be the guardian or you can create another sign up for the guardian. )

Gender: ( Male or Female ( Unless your ability says otherwise )

Personality: ( Your Character's personality (1+ paragraph(s) )

Description: ( Your character's appearance. (1+ paragraph(s) )

Ability(ies): ( Only 1, unless the two abilities you choose cooperate with each other.
    (ex: Telekinesis + control over fire = Pyrokinesis or Time + Space )

History: ( Unfortunately for some of you, this is REQUIRED )

Lusankya

The cake is a pie!
    Years
    This is the rough draft for a sci-fi/magic roleplay I've been kicking around...

Lusitania: The Ship of Dreams

2042. The Earth is on the edge of total environmental collapse. As the nations of the world fight over what little natural resources remain, the world's biosphere continues to deteriorate. Global temperatures shoot up due to human-induced climate change, melting the polar ice caps and causing rising ocean levels that have inundated much of the heavily populated coastlines of the world, creating the largest mass migration of refugee movement in human history. Formerly fertile farmlands have become drought-stricken deserts, and arid lands have just the opposite problem of too much water. Entire biomes have collapsed as critical species that kept the links in the food chain flowing have been driven to extinction. Oil, that black liquid gold, has now far exceeded the value of any precious metal. No truly cost-effective replacement was ever found, and the countries of the world stand ready to wage nuclear war over the precious few drops that still lie untapped underground.

Humanity has brought the Apocalypse upon itself.

But, inexplicably, salvation arrives from the depth of space. An immense spherical starship, with a diameter three times that of the Earth, arrives at the edge of the solar system and approaches inwards towards the inner planets at a stately pace. The revelation that we are not alone shakes the world out of its stupor, and for the first time in history, humanity stands united in curiosity and fear. But it is far too late to save the Earth. Even the most optimistic projections put total environmental failure at the end of the century. All radio transmissions to the ship are met with only silence. So, the nations of the world combine their resources and industrial capacity in the greatest and most important construction project in human history: Building a spaceship that will reach the gigantic alien starship as it approaches its closest point to Earth, three times as distant as the Moon. After many faulty starts, the rocket is launched with its crew of 20 people. Malfunctions cause several to be lost on the way, but when they reach the ship, they discover that the reason humanity's transmissions were ignored was that it was empty of life. The expected alien race that would be commanding the ship wasn't there. In its place was an AI called Lusitania that controlled every aspect of the ship, and in effect, was the ship.

The astronauts sent to the ship begged Lusitania to save their planet. The ship sadly replied no, there was nothing it could do about their world. The only thing it could do was evacuate their entire race aboard itself. After much debate between the astronauts and the people of Earth, humanity eventually reached the common-sense consensus of boarding Lusitania, for the alternative was simply death. A few die-hards were left behind, but the vast majority of what remained of Earth's human population, and samples of every animal and plant species that could be found, were placed upon massive starships that Lusitania sent down to Earth and brought onboard the even bigger mothership.

And so began humanity's trek across the stars. As they explored the interior of Lusitania and got to know her better, they learned that she had been drifting through the stars, aimless and without destination for millions of year, created in a time and place unknown by a race long vanished from her memory. Everything had been kept in tip-top shape, and soon enough, we had picked out a destination and engaged the interstellar "Dreamdrive", as it quickly became known. Alpha Centauri was a dead system, but there were as plenty of other worlds out there to discover. As humanity traveled through the galaxy for hundred of years, discovering alien civilizations and calling them aboard Lusitania, we became proud, proud of commanding the most powerful piece of technology yet known to us, and our humble, destructive origins were forgotten…

But Lusitania concealed many secrets. As her population grew and her interiors explored, Lusitania's crew, both the humans and aliens, discovered an entire planet, a seemingly perfectly naturally-formed world, complete with oceans, continents, forests, cities, and everything one might expect on a lush green world, hidden away deep in the depths of her core. While Lusitania professed to have no knowledge of the place, it was undoubtly there, and moreover, contained a fully living biosphere, not unlike the one we had left on our homeworld before we destroyed it, and was populated by a race of sentient beings that also looked disturbingly like us, but gifted with incredible powers. The Hidden World, known to its inhabitants as Marglot, also knew nothing of the great vastness that lay just beyond its skies, but after we contacted the Marglots, they soon did. And they were angry, angry at being imprisoned for so long. They rose up against the crew of Lusitania, attempting to wrest control of the Great Ship from those who had commandeered it so long ago.

The Mutiny has begun…

There's a bit more typed out so far, but that's the gist of it, and what I really need is ideas for the races, both for the above and the world below.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back