• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Flame in Charmander's Tail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Polizard

Awesome Trainer
Years
  • True it would be hard to enforce and criminal activity would be up and get worse cause seriously if some one was robbing a bank and they sent out a Machamp i would give them money

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
  • Hell I'd give them my money if they sent out a Wurmple those things can bite you know.

wow this is getting pretty off topic isn't it? from How a Charmander diesto Pokemon Law Enforcement. which raise this question. In the episode with the red Gyrados Lance is works for some sort of law enforcement right? (or am I remembering thing wrong) He is referenced to as a "G-Man" which is slang for Government man alluding to the fact that there is a government. correct ?well where were these people during the events of the games I.E the Silph Takeover the Radio tower takeover,the Weather institute takeover, etc,.....
    Ignore that Rant :D anyway yeah Charmander'd die

Last edited:
    Years
  • Well if we went by the anime neither Charizard was completely immersed in water Charizard's burning ambitions. IF my memory is correct Charizard tries to fight a charizard in the valley and gets creamed and then he gets kicked out. Liza responds by closes the gates then Charizard slams on the door till she reopens the gate. Ash then demands a battle with Charla (Liza Charizard) which Charla responds by grabbing charizard and throwing him in the lake head first. Completely soaking him including his Flame

Also In Island of Giant pokemon the Whole gang and their pokemon as well of team rocket and they ride a cable car which breaks and lads into the water with all of them and their pokemon including Charmander
    I don't think being immersed in water has anything to do with it. If the Charmander's healthy the flame will probably come back once it's out of the water. The Charmander would probably just drown.

Thats some sort of proof it shouldn't really die when it's fire goes out. Ash tried his hardest to get Charmander out of the rain so it wouldn't die.
    I think the flame's simply a sign of Charmander's health. That Charmander was starving, sick, and very cold. I don't think Charmander dies when the fire goes out, that makes absolute zero sense, even for Pokemon.

Last edited:

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    I don't think Charmander dies when the fire goes out, that makes absolute zero sense, even for Pokemon.

I'm pretty sure that it was mentioned in the Anime that Charmander would die if the flame goes out.
    This indeed is confusing... :\

zlip

______
    Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2013
    i do think its true, but they probably won't show a pokemon ACUALLY dying on screen (its a kids show). but they have mentioned it with the marrowack in pokemon tower.

Also during the many forest fires ash encounters we see no dead pokemon laying on the ground. i dont think EVERY single pokemon in that forest would have made it out.

Years

• I'm pretty sure that it was mentioned in the Anime that Charmander would die if the flame goes out.
    This indeed is confusing... :\
    But that's been proven to not be true.

Also during the many forest fires ash encounters we see no dead pokemon laying on the ground. i dont think EVERY single pokemon in that forest would have made it out.
    The funny thing about that is that all Pokemon can survive fire attacks, with the exception of Shedinja. Pokemon are indestructible! XD

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    But that's been proven to not be true.
    When and where? o_O;

It is possible that during any Charmander's old age, the flame would get weaker and weaker and finally go out and thus result in its death.

Years
  • When and where? o_O;

It is possible that during any Charmander's old age, the flame would get weaker and weaker and finally go out and thus result in its death.

Ash's Charizard once had its tail completely submerged in a pool of water, as well as falling into the ocean as a Charmander, but it was not harmed either time. A flame of that size would have zero chance in those conditions.

Let's look at what the Pokedex in the anime actually said.

Charmander. A flame burns on the tip of its tail from birth. It is said that a Charmander dies if its flame ever goes out.
    That means it could only be a myth.

Now let's look at some supporting Dex entries.

If it's healthy, the flame on the tip of its tail will burn vigorously, even if it gets a bit wet.
    The flame on its tail shows the strength of its life force. If it is weak, the flame also burns weakly.
    I believe the flame only shows its life force, nothing more. I don't believe the flame is what keeps Charmander's family alive, it's nothing more than a sign of its health. A creature that's life depends on a tiny flame on it's tail? That's just obscure. If that's so, we should have dead Charmanders lying all over every time it rains.

Last edited:

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    Hmm..
    I think you are quite right, Kirbychu.

Talking about other Pokemon dying, didn't Latios in the movie,
    Heroes: Latias and Latios and Lucario in the movie, Lucario and the mystery of Mew also die?
    I was wondering if there were any other Pokemon shown dying?

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
    Years
  • Hmm..
    I think you are quite right, Kirbychu.

Talking about other Pokemon dying, didn't Latios in the movie,
    Heroes: Latias and Latios and Lucario in the movie, Lucario and the mystery of Mew also die?

Latios did die in the movie but didn't Entei die in the third Movie? Darkrai did die in the 10th movie but was brought back to life.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • I didn't think Entei died, he just went back to where he was before Molly called him. Didn't he?

...Wait wasn't he a projection of Molly's own images of Professor Hale + what she thinks Entei is? So "Entei" was basically an illusion anyway, and couldn't really die?

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    Latios did die in the movie but didn't Entei die in the third Movie? Darkrai did die in the 10th movie but was brought back to life.
    I don't think that Darkrai died anyway. Just like everything in Alamos town was being transported to another dimension, Darkrai too must have been transposed. And later on when everything was back to normal, Darkrai returned as well.

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014

Just like everything in Alamos town was being transported to another dimension, Darkrai too must have been transposed. And later on when everything was back to normal, Darkrai returned as well.
    Well, Darkrai didn't die. But, I don't think he was transposed either. The movie showed Darkrai kinda like he was dead, but he wasn't transported into another dimension like the rest of Alamos town, if I remember correctly.
    And in the end, the movie shows Darkrai's shadow, and Ash and everyone smiling. So happy ending, no tears, no deaths.

The flame on its tail shows the strength of its life force. If it is weak, the flame also burns weakly.
    ..and pretty much this.

Years
  • mervyn797;6292761[FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode said:
    Talking about other Pokemon dying, didn't Latios in the movie, [/FONT] Heroes: Latias and Latios and Lucario in the movie, Lucario and the mystery of Mew also die?
    What ever happened to Hunter J's Pokemon when she drowned in the lake? Will archaeologist discover them 100 years later without her Pokemon aging a bit? Or would the contents of the Poke Balls be nothing more than dead carcasses?

What happens to a trainer's Poke Balls when he or she dies? O_o;

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • Nothing it seems. Or at least that's what EP232 implied since Ninetales was able to be returned to it's Poké Ball that was still in the mansion long after its owner died. The Pokémon are probably released or something though.

JezzaRules

Charmander Lover
    Years
  • Charmanders die if their flame tal goes out.
    However it's never been shown in the anime.

Anyhow I do believe its tail flame cannot be extinguished by normal means.

CrazyMe

Grow a Parasect :3
    Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2010
    IT supposed to make them die, but, I just don't, if a Charmander is Surf'd it won't die

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2013
    I just finished watching a few episodes, and in one of them (Island of the Giant Pokemon) Charmander falls into the ocean with ash and everyone else, and is still alive to this day, also he is licked by a haunter in the beginning of the anime. They really don't take their own ideas into account with the anime.

Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2013
    I noticed that inconsistency even as a kid, I was thinking, how the heck can he survive falling in the ocean when he almost died being left out in a rainstorm?"

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back