• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sports The Football Discussion Thread!

Gabri

m8
Years
  • On the last Barcelona games, I'll just remind some words of wisdom from Zlatan several years ago:

Reporter: "Do you even think it's possible for Ajax to lose nine points in nine games?"
    Zlatan: "According to my calculations it is possible to lose nine points in three games"

Years
  • Extremely unnecessary from Vardy, cost his side 2 points, and cost me 3-8 FPL points too >:(. Anyways Leicester need only 8 points from their next 4 games, and only 6 if Spuds stumble which is very likely considering their fixtures list. Leicester only need to win one more to kill whatever is left of Arsenal and Man City's title race.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • Leicester only need to win one more to kill whatever is left of Arsenal and Man City's title race.

Not only that, but even if there is any mathematical hope left by then, one of them will be taken out by the other in three weeks. Or even possibly both if they draw.

Years
  • I think City will have you covered by the end of the game, but I still think Sunderland will stay up unfortunately.

We seem to be playing well so far, it's a shame Brighton scored in their game because it might pressure us more. I would take a draw if QPR drew with Brighton in the end, but otherwise we really need to go for the win.

Years
  • The team I support, Tottenham is going pretty well.
    I just hope that Leicester will lose and draw one game.
    This reminds me the situation 2 years before. Liverpool is first and 5 games remained until the end and in the end Manchester City won the BPL.
    I just hope that we will see the same with Tottenham Winning it.

Years
  • God forbid we actually try to control a game when winning instead of sticking extra defenders on and inviting them to attack. Oh well at least we didn't lose I suppose, but it's a shame in the circumstances. That 4-0 win for Brighton worries me if our game against them on the last day becomes important which it will.

The team I support, Tottenham is going pretty well.
    This reminds me the situation 2 years before. Liverpool is first and 5 games remained until the end and in the end Manchester City won the BPL.

Welcome to our little thread. I do like Spurs, but right now you're sort of the villains in the current neutral Premier League fairytale so I'm sort of rooting against you.

Ivysaur

Years
  • The team I support, Tottenham is going pretty well.

I wouldn't want to be a Tottenham supporter this year. I saw some papers describing them as "the guys who are trying to murder Bambi". It's such a shame that you have to get so close to winning the years when literally every other football fan alive wants Leicester to win. Because... it's bloody Leicester.

It must be tough because Tottenham is not a team that's used to fighting for leagues that often, and you can't really say "oh, come on, you'll win next year". I'm so sorry, but... it's Leicester, for heaven's sake. I hope you lose.

Years
  • Funis Mori, what a first class cvnt. Stamps on Origi and then celebrates about it. I hope he gets an extended ban for that.

Years
  • Today has been dubbed 'Adam Reach day' on twitter as we hope our lad on loan at Preston helps us by beating Burnley single handedly. There only problems with that being that Burnley are unbeaten since Christmas and Adam Reach is the most bang average Championship player.

Ivysaur

Years
  • This Sunday, at 14:05 (I live in +1), I'll happily sit down and watch Leicester win the Premier League at Old Trafford. Feels absolutely fitting.

There is also the following Saturday at home but game starts at 17:30 and I leave work at 19 so I'd miss the presentation of the trophy D;

Years
  • incredible season from juventus, cuadrado's last minute goal in the derby and the subsequent run of 73 out of a possible 75 points

big ups to leicester as well, hopefully they are able to finish the job

Years
  • Leicester now only have to win one of their remaining 3 games. Only the relagation battle will go to the wire this season.

Years
  • So the 96 have gotten their ''justice'', and in resounding fashion too. The Liverpool fans literally dindu nuffun according to the jurors. Considering the pressure they were under, from the media and public, this was never in doubt.

Years
  • You're probably either shades of grey like me or it wuz all the coppas la like lots of guardian readers. We'll almost certainly never know the full story though, even if we've now apparently got it.

Anyway, Citeh vs Real should be okay.

Ivysaur

Years
  • City vs Madrid was an immense bore. Not expecting any better from us tomorrow.

(On a tangent, I always find it so weird when people call Madrid "Real" because in Spain, the team known as Real is this other one).

> Guardian reader and Liv sympathiser who got a bit tear-eyed with the inquest results.

Years
  • It's not really justice until those involved in the cover-up are punished. A few removed knighthoods are probably in order.

We have an important game tonight. After last week's absolute failure of a game against Ipswich, we could do with something from this one to set us up favourably for the final game with Brighton. We could lose this game and get away with it, but that would probably knock what little belief in promotion we have left. Please just no playoffs again :(

Do you think Simeone can keep Bayern out in the return leg, Went? It could definitely be your year.

Back