• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sports The Football Discussion Thread!

Years
  • What was Toure trying to do there?

images

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • In other news, FC Barcelona loses at home in the league for the first time since April 2012.

In other news, a team not called FC Barcelona leads the league alone for the first time in 60 weeks.

I cried twice during today's match. Every time we scored, people didn't scream gol, instead they started chanting "¡Luis Aragonés, Luis Aragonés, Luis Aragonés, Luis Aragonéees!". It was beautiful.

And then Ronaldo picked up a straight red a couple hours later and the weekend ented the most perfect way possible.

209rqdh.png

We CAN win this.

Years
  • City lose 0-1 at home against chelsea, first time they lost at home in the league since Norwich last day of last season.

Years
  • In other news, a team not called FC Barcelona leads the league alone for the first time in 60 weeks.

I cried twice during today's match. Every time we scored, people didn't scream gol, instead they started chanting "¡Luis Aragonés, Luis Aragonés, Luis Aragonés, Luis Aragonéees!". It was beautiful.

And then Ronaldo picked up a straight red a couple hours later and the weekend ented the most perfect way possible.

209rqdh.png

We CAN win this.

You have my wishes to win it anyway, anything is better than Barcelona winning to me. That's a very nice tribute to Luis Aragonés too by the sounds of it.

Wow as I post, I read Laudrup sacked. What a shocker from Swansea. This might mean they'll send Emnes back. :'(

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • So the team with 24 points from 24 games this season sack their manager.

Although da swanz will stay up. They are still in the FA Cup and Yurop. Oh and they play a brand of football in which scoring goals is the aim.

Bit of a gamble.

Years
  • Swansea are 12th but only two points off of relegation zone. Relegation battle in PL this season will be one heck of a drama.

Years
  • Yeah. Everyone in the bottom half of the league has a real chance of being relegated. Except Sunderland. Sunderland will survive quite comfortably.

I'd put my money on Fulham, Cardiff and Crystal Palace.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • Good containing performance, pretty much reverted back to the tactics we used last year. Played exactly like you should against Man City, I'll give Hughton credit for that.

If Norwich can back it up with a win at West Ham that will really be a great week, if not it'll still be really grim.

Years
  • Went to watch the Liverpool vs Arsenal match screening at Zouk. Actually got into a bit of trouble reaching there, but it is probably the best 350 Rs I've ever spent.

Years
  • City will have to break their two game goalless run, they're just too good. I'd say 2-1 or some complete rout.

I have a feeling that Bayern will win the title before April even begins, but I'm not sure about CL as anything can happen in a cup tie.

Years
  • I couldn't believe what I was watching during that United-Fulham game. Such a one dimensional approach to breaking down the defence and it clearly wasn't working and even when they finally made the breakthrough, they still capitulated. Really don't see the whole Moyes long term project thing, even when the squad is good he won't lead them anywhere at this rate.

Meanwhile on Teesside, Karanka uses his Madrid connection to secure Mejias on loan from Real Madrid. Hopefully he'll fill the spot left by Given well because I won't lie, Given has been the best player we've probably had the entire time we've been in the Championship.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • Still an outside shot at the playoffs for your lot. Exciting times.

I presume you will be expecting a real top 6 challenge next season if it doesn't happen over the rest of the season?

Years
  • Very outside shot, Given is the glue that holds our defence together. Once Steeley comes back in we'll be back to normal probably.

I've only just noticed there was PL games on tonight, not looking good for Norwich at this rate. It's amazing how West Ham are tenth, they were the most desperate looking club not so long ago.

Back