• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sports The Football Discussion Thread!

Years
  • No United fan I had talked to this year had anything positive to say about Moyes and thinks top 4 is gone for them. I agree as well.

That being said, both United and Arsenal had a bad weekend. Will be interesting to see who can spring back up. It's about time Arsenal beat United, though who knows.

Years
  • Whoa there's 5 matches being telecast simultaneously on TV tonight. This is the first time this season.

Years
  • The Everton game too. That could lead to an awkward schedule for City since the Champions League will be back on by the time that fixture is to be played now.

A very uninspiring game between United and Arsenal last night. Stoppage time summed it up I think when both teams just comfortably passed backwards and sideways rather than attempt to win the game.

Years
  • The Everton game too. That could lead to an awkward schedule for City since the Champions League will be back on by the time that fixture is to be played now.

A very uninspiring game between United and Arsenal last night. Stoppage time summed it up I think when both teams just comfortably passed backwards and sideways rather than attempt to win the game.

It was a dire game indeed.

Years
  • I'm sure Khan will now work his way in to the list of crazy owners, how can he sack Meulensteen so soon and when they were just showing some level of promise?

I don't think I've seen the panic button pressed so badly before.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • Today I was reading around a Liverpool forum (yes, I check those places :P) and I saw somebody comparing Moyes to a dementor because "he sucks the talent out of his players". Can he pull off a Di Matteo insane win?

Spoiler:

£

You're gonna have a bad time.
    Years
  • Hi guys Liverpool fan here please don't all be Mancs please don't all be Mancs please don't all be Mancs... ;_;

I am quietly optimistic that we'll get fourth place this season. Don't think we'll get any more than that though. #4thplaceisatrophy

Years
  • Okay ignoring the just lovely comment from lollygag...

What a great set of results in the Prem today. Now whatever the result tomorrow Hughton will keep his job!

I was talking to someone the other day and we found it odd how much Norwich fans seem to oppose Hughton considering your position hasn't been as precarious as some of the clubs around you at any stage so far. I know you don't like his brand of football, but is it really so bad if you stay up? :P

Hi guys Liverpool fan here please don't all be Mancs please don't all be Mancs please don't all be Mancs... ;_;

I am quietly optimistic that we'll get fourth place this season. Don't think we'll get any more than that though. #4thplaceisatrophy

I'm not even sure we have any Mancs at the moment, in fact I think you'll find more passerbys from your own camp. In terms of people who regularly post here we're all neutral to you, I'm a Boro fan, -Lapras- is a Norwich fan, Went supports Atletico Madrid and I'll be honest I forgot who Seattle (or 루기아) supported but I've now looked back through posts to find he is a Leverkusen fan. I'm also pretty sure Banz actually is a Liverpool fan.

I think top four is nice and safe for you now, United are too far behind and I don't think Spurs will be strong enough even though they're only 3 points behind.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • Hi guys Liverpool fan here please don't all be Mancs please don't all be Mancs please don't all be Mancs... ;_;

I would really love to see Liverpool winning, they are the only English team I care a bit for. But I'd rather see Boro winning than the Billionaire Duo anyway.

Also Barça is crashing. Badly. Next week's Atleti-Madrid derby will decide the Liga leader (first leg RMA 0 - 1 ATM).

Years
  • I'm really enjoying Real Sociedad lately, I happened to catch them by accident twice on Sky Sports this season and really enjoyed watching Griezmann and Pardo. Now they've dealt a blow to Barca, I'm just that little bit more happy that they exist.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • I was talking to someone the other day and we found it odd how much Norwich fans seem to oppose Hughton considering your position hasn't been as precarious as some of the clubs around you at any stage so far. I know you don't like his brand of football, but is it really so bad if you stay up? :P

I a lot of that is down to the fixtures in the last couple of months. We need to have a buffer before those last 5 games and most fans don't think he'll get us one.
    ruWh8PX.png

If you didn't know Fulham are somewhat our bogey side. Already played them three times this season and the best we've managed was a cup draw.

Anyway.

Chris Hughton positives;
    .seems to have an eye for a transfer
    .surprising amount of clean sheets and pretty good performances vs the big sides that aren't liverpool
    .respected in the footballing world for some reason
    .the 10 game unbeaten run over a year ago
    .nice suits
    .he isn't glenn roeder

Chris Hughton negatives;
    .has obviously been slipping towards the relegation zone all season and only narrowly avoided the drop last season
    .consistently plays tactics which obviously aren't working or just simply don't make sense (playing 442 away at everton when it is obvious that they would destroy us)
    .clueless when it comes to substitutions (haven't had a sub assist or score all season and some have cost us games)
    .weak man management (holt, hoolahan and becchio situations)
    .tactics are predictable and lifeless (give the ball to snodgrass so he can fall over and hopefully win us a freekick or Redmond so he can cut inside and fire over from 30 yards)
    .says we need a quality attacking midfielder to unlock doors but completely freezes out Wes Hoolahan
    .signs a striker for a club record fee and then puts out a side that can't create chances for him
    .overly complementary of opposition in his pre/post match interviews
    .opposition always has ''one of those days'' when they play us
    .makes bassong captain despite him not showing any real leadership capabilities (in fact since he's been made captain his performances leval has dropped)

I will say the last month has seen some improved performances but we have still lost against West Ham, Cardiff and Fulham. If it wasn't for horrible West Brom and Newcastle finishing we'd be buried by now. He's also had some awful luck with injuries so we can't blame him for that.

When we didn't get rid of him in January I've pretty much been resigned to the fact he'd be staying. If he keeps us up then great but I just can't bring myself to like him. Even if he keeps us up I'd still want him and his staff gone before next season.

Last edited:

£

You're gonna have a bad time.
    Years
  • I have to say I adore Hughton as the manager of Norwich right now. I may be a little bit biased because he always leaves his team open to being ripped open by Suarez which results in me scoring ample quantities of Fantasy Football points and the joy of seeing Liverpool run rampant; but um, yeah, as you said, he also gets a point or few off other big sides. If every manager was Chris Hughton, Liverpool would've won the title already! I just wanna put that man in a cloning machine and ship him off to every club that'll take him! Really hoping you get a result against Tottenham. <3 I don't think Tottenham are the worst side to defend against; possibly the easiest out of the top 8? Not exactly sure what went on at Newcastle but as long as you keep Adebayor quiet, you should be fine. If Soldado comes on, he can't score from open play, so just avoid giving any pens away, haha.

I'm too used to seeing Mancs around since well, a ton of my best friends are Mancs which sucks usually, but this season has been beautiful. (SO FAR...) Love for Liverpool is good! I'm a little bit nervous about Swansea, even though we did clobber them before they played their cup final last year, I think they might be a little more tricky this time, even if they've just played Napoli and have to play them again, (I love Rafael Benitez might I add) I worry that we might get a bit complacent, and Suarez isn't exactly converting his world class play into goals lately. That and if Toure starts I'm going to be fearing the worst as soon as he gets in a 5 metre radius of that ball.

Unfortunately I don't really follow the Spanish football. ;_; Bit more exciting this year though with three teams in the mix rather than two though!

Edit: Can I just say so far that this Swansea game is giving me heart problems but lots of Fantasy Football points for SAS. I'm not sure I'm going to make it through the whole game though, we tend to slow down in the second half...

Last edited:
    Back