• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sports The Football Discussion Thread!

リザードン☆

Charizard evolved into..
Years
  • Great result for Manchester City tonight, unlucky for Spurs though.. that's 11 we've put past them this season.
    I was unfortunate not to have watched it as I was busy but I kept myself up to date via SkySports.

I'm patiently waiting to see if the Citizens do any spending before deadline day is over, we really need someone new in the heart of our defence..

Years
  • Sunderland are out of the relegation zone. They're 6th in the form table as well. I expect them to finish between 10th and 15th now.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • Predicting anything in the bottom half of the premier league is near on impossible. Still not sure how Norwich are sitting 12th tbh.

Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2014
    4-0. Could easily have been 6-0 had Sturridge been a little less greedy.

That was a great win for us. But I felt for Everton. Their best defenders were missing (Distin and Coleman) and Suarez and Sturridge are simply unplayable at the moment, and the fact Lukaku got injured early did not help at all. We had our own absentees but not as extensive as Everton. I wanted an exciting derby, not a one-sided drubbing.

City lead the table now. Honestly, they have the best squad. I'm still betting on Arsenal lifting the title.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • Arsenal aren't signing a striker so nope, not a chance in hell of them winning the league.

Not expecting any exciting transfers here in Norwich today. Could really do with an attacking midfielder but at least we have 33 year old Joseph Yobo.

Years
  • Arsenal aren't signing a striker so nope, not a chance in hell of them winning the league.

Not expecting any exciting transfers here in Norwich today. Could really do with an attacking midfielder but at least we have 33 year old Joseph Yobo.

Chelsea aren't going to win either, so does that mean Man City have won the title already?

Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2014
    Such a dull transfer window, and an uneventful deadline day. Every deal seems off.

Chelsea has done some decent business but still seem oblivious to the fact that their problem is the forwards. Fulham's signing of Mitroglou has to be of the best deals in my opinion.

Years
  • I can see Mitroglou being like Ba at West Ham or Remy at QPR, he'll probably play well as Fulham go down then move to another PL club (In Ba and Remy's case it was Newcastle so maybe them again).

The persistent rumour that reappears every transfer window of Swansea taking Emnes off us appears to finally be happening. We're supposedly getting Danny Graham in on loan which is a good deal for us in my opinion.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • Ruddy
    Martin/Bennett/Bassong/Olsson
    Snodgrass/Johnson/Tettey/Gutierrez
    Elmander
    Hooper

Norwich have officially put out the least creative team in Premier League history. This match should be terrible.

Years
  • Newcastle Utd 0 - 3 Sunderland
    Another derby win. Sunderland are now 12th, but there's just a 2 point gap between Swansea (11th) and Stoke (18th). West Ham are out of the bottom 3 for now.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Ruddy
    Elmander
    Hooper

Norwich have officially put out the least creative team in Premier League history. This match should be terrible.

And yet they're winning. :P

Newcastle Utd 0 - 3 Sunderland
    Another derby win. Sunderland are now 12th, but there's just a 2 point gap between Swansea (11th) and Stoke (18th). West Ham are out of the bottom 3 for now.

Hopefully no horses will be harmed on the journey home from the Newcastle fans.

Danny Graham and Lee Tomlin were our deadline day acquisitions, very positive moves in my opinion.

Years
  • Ruddy
    Elmander
    Hooper

And yet they're winning.

I was about to post that at half time. :p But I waited till the match was over.

Oh boy, Manchester United loses again. Moyes really has to go.

No way. He needs to stay for a few more seasons.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • First 20 mins Cardiff were so awful Norwich actually looked good, they sort themselves out by bringing on Zaha in the 36th minute. Norwich go behind after a crazy 70 seconds but fail to change anything until the 75th minute. After the changes were made Norwich were all over them but heroic keeping and defending from two ex-Norwich players got them their win. Obviously used all their luck up getting the undeserved midweek draw with Newcastle.

Next up Man City. lol.

Back