• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The forever alone club! The fan club for rarely liked pokemon!

snowfire911

Snowfire, Keeper of Breloom and Shroomish
Years
  • Hello everyone and welcome to the club for rarely liked pokemon! If your fave pokemon is hated for whatever reason, this club is perfect for you.

Form:
    Favorite Pokemon:
    Nickname:

Rules:
    Do what you please there are no rules just no spamming or hating on other pokemon

My form:
    Favorite pokemon:
    Breloom
    Nickname: Snow

Have fun!
    :)

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • cool club but this is going over to Pokémon General, okay? there's nothing in this club's topic that makes it specific to the games in particular.

~moved.

ps. breloom's a cutie c:

snowfire911

Snowfire, Keeper of Breloom and Shroomish
    Years
  • cool club but this is going over to Pokémon General, okay? there's nothing in this club's topic that makes it specific to the games in particular.

~moved.

ps. breloom's a cutie c:
    Actually i did mean to putit on the general just probably missed the button bc i made it on my phone ;-;

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 19, 2019
    Favorite Pokemon: Dunsparce! And Trubbish, but if I can only have one representative then I want Dunsparce
    Nickname: mine?

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    Oh Geez! Underrated pokemon are most of my favorite pokemon.
    My absolute favorite is Gorebyss and I'm pretty sure that it's an underrated pokemon. My favorite is my shiny Gorebyss named Porcelina.

I have owned two Gorebyss' named Porcelina, and both were female and shiny (both legitimately obtained, RNjesus was on my side).
    The first Shiny Gorebyss I got was back in White version, it was 5/6 IV Modest. It's down side was that it's defense was the not so good IV. Still played absolutely gracefully and fast on my first competitive Rain Dance team.
    My current Shiny Gorebyss I obtained in OR, it is 5/6 IV Modest. This Gorebyss came out awesome because it's Special Defense is the not so good IV, but it still has that defensive tankiness. This Gorebyss actually plays better than the original one I had and it doesn't even play with Rain Dance.

I'm actually trying to build a weird unpopular pokemon team.
    I have two really interesting competitive builds for a Garbodor and a Gumshoos. I still need to build the rest of the team, and get all the breeding finished up, but i think it's going to be awesome.

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
    Years
  • Favorite Pokemon: Trubbish
    Nickname: Trey (From a PMD RP I was part of)

I've always found this little trash bag to be an awesome Pokemon :)

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Hmm, will Octillery count? I love it but I almost never see it around. Mind you, I don't do competitive battling or TCG so idk if it's any bit useful there at least haha.

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • I want to say Dunsparce, but it's so seemingly unpopular that it actually has a fairly decent fan-base. My signature Pok?mon is a Shiny Dunsparce, Noko, that I chained in Pearl Version and raised in HeartGold.

9nuBAUM.jpg

Mothim (particularly Shiny Mothim) is another one that I really like that doesn't seem very popular. I've been trying to Headbutt a Shiny male Burmy for one in HGSS nearly all year to no avail. (I've bred one via Masuda method before, but I really want to find a full-odds one, preferably pre-XY when odds were slimmer since that will make it easier for me to drop a member of my current main team.) If I ever do find one after all this effort, I'd be tempted to make it my new signature 'mon!

It's not in my top-10, but I also like Vanillite a lot. I know a lot of people have complained about it, but it's my favorite BW Pok?mon and I find it adorable. (Vanilluxe is okay, but I'd honestly prefer using Vanillite on my Ice-Monotype team if Vanilluxe hadn't been the only member of the line to get Snow Warning.)

Last edited:

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    Just wondering, does anyone here try to play with your favorite unpopular pokemon in online battles?

I will admit that I haven't been doing much online battling, and my team with Gorebyss is still in OR. I also haven't bred my new unpopular pokemon team yet, because I'm currently focused on breeding a shiny for a friend of mine.

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • Just wondering, does anyone here try to play with your favorite unpopular pokemon in online battles?

I will admit that I haven't been doing much online battling, and my team with Gorebyss is still in OR. I also haven't bred my new unpopular pokemon team yet, because I'm currently focused on breeding a shiny for a friend of mine.

I don't have a full team of unpopular Pok?mon, but I always try to use my favorites in battle regardless of how viable they are. However, I choose my favorites by more than design alone. I may choose an individual Pok?mon that I'm more attached to (like a full-odds Shiny or an individual Pok?mon that makes me nostalgic) over one of my preferred designs.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention Lickitung. I'm not sure just how unpopular it is, but I've loved that thing since I got a card of it at Burger King as a kid. Aesthetically, it's my #2 favorite Pok?mon. Hate Lickilicky, though. I'll definitely replace a member of my main team if I ever find a full-odds Shiny one. My current team is in my sig, but my dream team is Dunsparce, A-Sandslash, Wartortle, Lickitung, Froslass, and Mothim (though I honestly wish we could have 8-slot teams so I could still keep Persian and Porygon2 T_T).

Shedinja is also very cool despite being so fragile. I've liked it for a long time, but I didn't fully appreciate its concept until we had a massive outbreak of periodical cicadas several years back and found their hollow corpse-like shells all over the place. It's another that, if I ever find a full-odds Shiny one, I'd be VERY tempted to add to my main team.

Last edited:

UkiTheMaid

Robot Maid
    Years
  • So, I'm one of THOSE people who like Magikarp far more than Gyarados. Like, Magikarp to me is so adorable, and honestly if they made it into an "useable" pokemon (aka didn't make the poor thing more and more worthless over the years, both in attack and stats) I would definitely have one on my team at almost every single game!

Although, if I had to pick a Pok? not many people care for to join the club, it would be the Porygon evolution line. All three of them are so precious to me, I love them all! But my favorite has to be Porygon, the original one. So, here, I submit my Form:

Favorite Pokemon: Porygon
    Nickname: Peter

Peter was the name of a Porygon I had on this one roleplay group many years ago, which was my starter, so yeah XD

I can talk about other underrated pok?mon I love here, but for now let's leave it at Magikarp and Porygon XD

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I don't think Breloom is really unliked though? I thought it got some love?

I guess if we're talking about underappreciated Pokemon I could probably be a member since my favourite Pokemon of all time is Cofuhgrigus and I don't hear that much about it these days.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    Favorite Pokemon: Slaking
    Nickname: Lazy. It's a lazy pokemon and a lazy nickname

It's pretty much associated with traunt, but I've always attempted to make it work. It's also not my number #1 favorite, but it's top 5.

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    I've been thinking about Garbodor a lot lately and how to use it to its best potential. The two major focuses I have on using Garbodor is 1: Garbodor has the Weak Armor ability and 2: Garbodor has access to using Recycle in its move pool. I have this idea of having a Stalling pokemon that shifts into a Speedy attacker the longer it lives. Still working on it.

The other thing about Garbodor, I actually like its design. I don't care what anyone says. It's a giant trash monster so obviously it's going to be designed to look like trash. I weirdly find this pokemon's design somewhat charming.

Last edited:

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • Hi! :)

Favorite Pokemon: Cubone/Marowak, but I also love Mienshao, Froslass, Rhydon, Exploud and Aggron (I believe Aggron is the most popular on my list)
    Nickname: Mawa - wait, my nickname or my Pokemon's nickname??

I am not as active here than before, but I love so many underrated Pokemon!
    My favorite fossil is Armaldo <3

Last edited:

Thomas the Shinyhunter

There are no game overs. Only continues.
    Years
  • Favourite Pokemon: Mudkip
    Nickname: Memekip

The worst Hoenn starter has a place dear in my heart. It was actually my favorite Pokemon before Mr. Mimikyu rolled around. Even though it had some time in the spotlight with "so i herd u liek mudkipz", it didn't really get much love after that.

Sawsbuck

used Jump Kick! It's super effective!
    Years
  • Favourite Pokemon: Mudkip
    Nickname: Memekip

The worst Hoenn starter has a place dear in my heart. It was actually my favorite Pokemon before Mr. Mimikyu rolled around. Even though it had some time in the spotlight with "so i herd u liek mudkipz", it didn't really get much love after that.

Mudkip is the worst??
    :thonk:

Back