• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Gender Race v5.something

Status
Not open for further replies.

kuzronk

Banned
Years
    Angel Beats is so overrated. I tend to have more feels when I don't expect them instead of something like Clannad AS.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015

That's funny kuzronk because I loved AB! and hated Clannad. I guess my reasons were different than yours though - I like shows with feels, but I couldn't get over how much Nagisa annoyed me and I generally liked the characters in AB! (or if I disliked one there were enough that I could just ignore them), so I liked one and not the other.

USC Yuuka

The USC
    Years

I keep up to date on Fairy Tail although it's mainly because dropping it after reading so much would be such a waste. I'll give Noragami a shot, although I just began Gintama yesterday. There's a ton of T/N notes that explain the jokes but I'm fine with a ton of notes.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years

Yep, definitely an Angel Beats guy myself. Great music, good characters, but too short. Worse, the VN that was supposed to cover more characters got delayed indefinitely :/

But I'm glad I found this thread, been looking for more anime myself. Though I'm not really trying to get into any Shonen Jump adaptations, I'm more looking for shorter experiences.

Anyone know anything about Hamatora? I hear it's good, buuuut I'm not really feeling too curious.

Years

I know a few people who like Hamatora, but I myself have never seen it so I have no opinion of it. Well, technically, my one "opinion" is that I keep reading it as "Hamtaro", haha.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years

Oh, actually, I asked this question in DLTMS0, so I have to ask it here: can you guys recommend some anime that you consider great? And I mean ones that really stand out to you.

Because lately I've noticed that I sort of box myself in with series. I only watch new stuff every now and again, but a lot of times I stick to what I know. Last completely new anime I watched was Oreimo, and that was 3 months ago.

Years

Mentioned them previously, but Mushishi and Natsume Yuujinchou. Both are episodic, but I've found them to have a sort of refreshing feel to them that makes you want to continue them. The stories told in each episode/chapter are also really fantastic as well.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years

See, I've heard about it but know almost nothing about it. A member of DLTMS0 posted an innumerable amount of pictures and I still don't have a handle on exactly what the show is.

But I'm not necessarily looking for anime that are popular, just ones you guys like. I always prefer an individual person's gushing about one series to the mass ravings of others, it's more personal that way.

@Yato - I've seen the original season of Mushishi (very well done). Haven't heard of Natsume before, but I'll give it a look.

Years

Noragami is great! I love the characters, especially Yukine and Kazuma. Aw yes glasses boys :3

But I've many series to keep up with as of right now. Fairy Tail anime/manga weekly, Magi manga weekly, SAO II (not getting my hopes up though since I stopped enjoying it past episode 13 of s1) anime weekly, Sailor Moon Crystal anime weekly. Oh and on another note Legend of Korra episodes every week too, baha. Drowning!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023

I keep telling myself that I need to watch Korra sometime. Mainly because I know quite a few roleplayers who are into it and are making me interested bit by bit even though I've heard some things.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015

One that stood out to me was Shin Sekai Yori (From the New World). If you're a nitpicky person like I am with shows, looking for the parts that are unrealistic or don't fit in with the world, this one is stellar because it builds the world in a way that seems to fill every plot hole that other fantasy/sci-fi type shows leave gaping open.

Years

One that stood out to me was Shin Sekai Yori (From the New World). If you're a nitpicky person like I am with shows, looking for the parts that are unrealistic or don't fit in with the world, this one is stellar because it builds the world in a way that seems to fill every plot hole that other fantasy/sci-fi type shows leave gaping open.

omg I love SSY. I haven't finished it yet, but I plan on doing so at some point when I have time. It's fantastic in every aspect, so how can I not finish it? XD

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • Whelp, guess I'll give those a look. Shin Sekai Yori, Natsume Yuujinchou, and Noragami (and Jojo, eventually. I NEED to know what that show...is).

Apart from that, this Summer I'm following Persona 4 Golden (which immediately turned out both different and better than I expected) and the Monogatari that appears in August. and SAOII maybe, though after Alfheim I'm still a bit iffy, so I'll probably wait until it's over. But assuming I can stretch this stuff out, I'll have something to watch for the rest of the Summer. Oh, and Korra, which is pretty interesting so far this season.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back