• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Gender Race v5.something

Status
Not open for further replies.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years

I might watch A Certain Magical Index, but I don't see myself watching a Certain Scientific Railgun. I've already seen some of it but I'm not a big fan of the characters (and there was a strange amount of fanservice for some undeveloped girls- not that that would be the deal breaker). Unless it gets better at some point, but I don't quite remember how much I watched.

Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2016

I haven't really gotten past the first few episodes of A Certain Magical Index but I'm thinking of picking it up again but I did watch A Certain Scientific Railgun and I would recommend it!

Years

I've seen about half of the first season of Index and enjoyed it; I only stopped because I got lazy (my usual reason for stopping anime midway) XD I really like the cast (especially Misaka....who I keep calling Mikasa, dammit), and the plot is certainly interesting, too~

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years

Maybe it's just me, then. Though I guess it was probably the comedy that steered me away from Railgun rather than the cast. Or rather, I was steered away from the cast because of the comedy. Don't get me wrong, I love comedy anime (just watched the first episode of Mitsudomoe last night, that show deserves a medal), but I wasn't too big a fan of the comedy here (and it seems that's what the first portion of the show focuses on).

Plus the concept for Index seems interesting, so I'll give it a look.

Years
  • 389. A lot of the Railgun stories are probably happening in parallel to the Index stories, as far as I can tell. I'm 9 volumes into the Railgun manga and am currently reading Volume 6 of the Index novels. There's a bit of an offset time frame between them, but I'm too lazy to figure out when things take place relative to the other things.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years

Yeah, I figured out a timeline that works but it's on the other computer. A couple of Railgun S and Index episodes are definitely parallel, but there are a couple events that are different. I like Misaka (if that wasn't obvious :))and really can't stand Touma, so I obviously prefer the Railgun S side aha.

Akiba

[img]http://i.imgur.com/o3RYT4v.png[/img]
    Years

Yeah, I figured out a timeline that works but it's on the other computer. A couple of Railgun S and Index episodes are definitely parallel, but there are a couple events that are different. I like Misaka (if that wasn't obvious :))and really can't stand Touma, so I obviously prefer the Railgun S side aha.

It's sometimes funny how much they overlap lol.

Even though one is about an overpowered humble schoolgirl blowing up factories and research institutions to save some random girl she found in a park who happened to know her name, and the other is about a guy who is overpowered due to his underpowered-ness and gets a harem that includes a loli nun and fallen angel ero maid while battling people to protect the things that he loves.

That was chou run-on sentence.

Years

According to their recent posts, the latter doesn't seem to come on much anymore o: Dunno who the former is, though I'd assume it's the same case.

Akiba

[img]http://i.imgur.com/o3RYT4v.png[/img]
    Years

There isn't really any fighting back to be done.

Spoiler:

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015

Well, I would guess there are more competitive boys than girls in forum games...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back