• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Generation 5 / Future Generations Speculation Thread + Wishlist

What do u think the starters element will be in gen V

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
well, they do need a new "evil" team, and some way cooler pokemon, man i wonder if nintendo goes to these boards....... they could listen to our suggestions
I'd like Team Rocket to return. Seriously. They were the only "evil team" that was just plain evil. They did bad things to people and pokémon. R/S "evil teams" wanted to change the world, and then they got good in the end anyway. D/P "evil team" I don't really know about since I still haven't really played through Pearl much. But they want to... take over the world, no? Using... time and space pokémon?Lol.
Team Rocket's only motive was money (and fame?) and Giovanni's motive was...? They were evil anyway. Bring them back, for real with Giovanni or a new leader, not just as in G/S.

I think they should continue the storlyine after the new region to the HOenn...make pokemon say their names like in the anime, create great new Evos...and make the storyline a bit more interesting....like PMD2....make it a bit more fun and change things about...
Don't make pokémon say their names. Please. We don't need the anime to influence the games more (Pikachu, nuff said)

I think that the Pokemon become more and more odd looking (not all) and maybe new types, storyline, type mixture, ect.
The higher number the generation's got, the weirder the Pokémon look. Mew and the three birds are cool. See Lugia and Ho-oh? They had still got faces, at least. Then whoops, Kyogre and Groudon really didn't. Now Dialga and Palkia? What names are those? And where's their facial expression? Got none?
Poor designers. Having to make even more "cool looking" Pokémon for each gen. Bulbasaur's and Charmander's designs will probably never be beaten.

You've never heard of rushing boars, I guess?

Editing stats is a poor decision, editing dex's to match the stats is important. It would leave gameplay balanced and correct some important errors (i.e, The much-cited example wherein because Pidgeot flies at mach ~2, its speed is ≤ that of miltank, we have cows rolling around at mach 2...)
Just had to XDXDDDD at the rolling cows :D

Yeah, I'm bitter, if I sound it. Nintendo/Game Freak really should bother looking into our forums, or any forum. Don't make another gen with more horrible looking Pokémon evos and pre-evos and complicated nonreasonable designs.

Do the G/S remake already.

Gars129

Is now focused on other things
Years
How come nobody has mention a scyther pre evo. He needs one as much as kanghaskan, scyther is too powerful to be a basic pkmn.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
How come nobody has mention a scyther pre evo. He needs one as much as kanghaskan, scyther is too powerful to be a basic pkmn.

That's true. Pinsir and Heracross needs some/one too. At least, Scyther's got an evolution, the others haven't :/

I think they should seek out the first gen Pokémon designers and give them back their jobs. Some say they like the weird, non-huggable design of most pokés in newer gen (especially legendaries) since it "takes away the fluffy cuteness that has marked Pokémon so far".
No. Bleah. In that case, cute = good thing.

Mitchman

Banned
Years
But then again we have happiny and munchlax the definition of cute. I would love the ideas to go back to basics but unfortunately due to the new skymin i have to say that the 5th generation is going to be an abtract one and in a good way. It is certainly going to go on the off beat path and take pokemon a notch up in abstract and again unfortunately im a lover of adding abstract to something linear so yeah. The 5th generation better be abstract and all. And have a pachirisu evolution.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
But then again we have happiny and munchlax the definition of cute. I would love the ideas to go back to basics but unfortunately due to the new skymin i have to say that the 5th generation is going to be an abtract one and in a good way. It is certainly going to go on the off beat path and take pokemon a notch up in abstract and again unfortunately im a lover of adding abstract to something linear so yeah. The 5th generation better be abstract and all. And have a pachirisu evolution.

Maybe they'll make the storyline less linear? O_o That would be a huge step up. To maybe become a member/leader of an evil team yourself at the end... mwehehe. Maybe use the legendaries you catch for something either good or bad? Hm. But since it's a pretty kids' game, you probably cannot be evil XD

Was that what you meant? Or did you mean the designs of the Pokémon?
I liked it when Pokémon were based on animal shapes though. Or something like that at least.

Mitchman

Banned
Years
Teh pokemon. I mean look at shaymin as its my main example. It has nothing to do with its land form and it is certainly unlike anything we have seen before. Now think the pokemon to be that vibrant and abstract. Yeah it looks kinda like a bright feature for pokemon when you think about it. And the story i dunno man. I guess it could as platinum was a step up from the regular story. I mean it featured cyrus opening a wormhole to the torn world.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2013
I would like to travel to another past region (like hoenn) that contains a whole nuther storyline...and I would like the contests to be more exciting like the anime for instance, and I would also like for the Contests to go WiFi...this is all I'm asking for now...

oh and maybe make the game a bit challenging as well...

Years
  • Seen Sep 5, 2013
What I would like to see:

A region North of Kanto & Johto.
A Jynx evo(Magmar & Electabuzz got one. Why not Jynx?)
A Chinchou Pre-evo
A Venonat Pre-Evo
A Mawile Pre-Evo
A male Combee Evo
a 100% pure Flying type Pokemon
new Eeveelutions for the other types that have not yet gotten one (Normal, Rock, Steel, Ground, Flying, Poison, Bug, Ghost, Fighting, and Dragon.)
new types: Light, Star, Virtual, Gas, Wood, and Sound.
Real-time calender events like holidays and seasons and totally random reigon-wide weather.
an attack where your current HP gets swapped with the opponent's HP.
A pre-evo of Volbeat and Illumise that is related to them both.
A pre-evo of Tauros and Miltank that is related to them both
A Kangaskahn pre-evo an male evo of that pre-evo.
A true Porygon3 with a Conversion3 move.

Years
  • Seen Jul 7, 2011
What I would like to see:

A region North of Kanto & Johto.
A Jynx evo(Magmar & Electabuzz got one. Why not Jynx?)
A Chinchou Pre-evo
A Venonat Pre-Evo
A Mawile Pre-Evo
A male Combee Evo
a 100% pure Flying type Pokemon
new Eeveelutions for the other types that have not yet gotten one (Normal, Rock, Steel, Ground, Flying, Poison, Bug, Ghost, Fighting, and Dragon.)
new types: Light, Star, Virtual, Gas, Wood, and Sound.
Real-time calender events like holidays and seasons and totally random reigon-wide weather.
an attack where your current HP gets swapped with the opponent's HP.
A pre-evo of Volbeat and Illumise that is related to them both.
A pre-evo of Tauros and Miltank that is related to them both
A Kangaskahn pre-evo an male evo of that pre-evo.
A true Porygon3 with a Conversion3 move.

Painsplit does this.

Conversion 3 could be cool. Maybe something to do with abilities/traits as opposed to types?

Lana.

*spin*
Years
Really, I don't mind so much about gen 5. If there's a new one, great.
But, dangit! I wanna G/S/C remake for crying out loud Dx Kanto got one, so why not Johto?

Anyways, if they do make a 5th gen, I'd like some Eevee evos. Just because I love 'em so much xD *shot*

And how about some smart Grunts? please? Galactic had me so annoyed when the dude dropped the key. At least Cyrus was pretty bad.

BlueAngelHikari

At your service, ~desu!
Years
  • Seen Jul 10, 2009
Having one of your Pokemon follow you outside of their Poke Ball would be great!
I agree. I mean, who doesn't want Azurill or Eevee, or Lugia following them around?
And, maybe (I'm about to be an Eevee fangirl), new evoltuions for Eevee? *Is slapped* I mean, c'mon, how cool would an Eevee with wings be? I'll shut up now xD
I think it would be awesome. Drakeon would look scary, Aceon would be cute, Insecteon would be freaky. I'll stop from there.

Also, i think a Light type and a Sound type would be awesome. Light could be the oppisite of dark. And sound would be quite common.

Example of Light: Espeon, Jirachi
Example of Sound: Whismur, Loudred, Exploud, Chatot, Kricketot, Kricketune

~Hikari

Artemis

i'm no goddess
Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2013
I wouldn't mind the 5th gen games coming out with a real based calendar that portrays the 4 season, but they do need to keep morning, day, and night...I like that a lot...If they include a battling round in contests...now that would be a big step up...and allowing us to DRAW appeals using out attacks on the touch screen...cool right...and letting it go WIFI...yes!

Years
Improved shiny methods (Breeding 2 shinies gets an easier shiny chance)
HUGE Battle Frontier
Battle Frontier Shop where shinys are buyable
Legendaries Buyable as well

irishcharizard

i am king of bouncing bananas
Years
i think if they goin to make a pokemon in full 3d and with other regions they are goin to have to do it on the wii!
also it would be great if you could visit the orange islands and ride around on a lapras from island to island

Years
  • Age 31
  • UK
  • Seen Sep 4, 2009
I don't really like the idea of going back to past regions.
I liked the D/P idea of a new are of the same region to visit, just make it a bit bigger next time.

I also want some new fire type mixtures. E.g. Fire/Bug.

And an evolution for Ledian and Magcargo.
They could even do an evolution for my beloved Lanturn as long as they don't wreck it.

Ikwaylx

Man with 10000 pronounciations
Years
I hope that in the 5th Generation that they explain the Human's role in the Pokeuniverse more. Are Humans Pokemon? Are they from another world? This needs elaborating on, and it'd be a good storyline focus now that we know the God of all Pokemon. Maybe there's a Legendary that created the humans in the 5th generation or allowed humans to coexist with Pokemon? (Though the former would be a bit risky among certain groups..)

The evil team could try and harness the power of this legendary to control humans into being slaves to the team's leader. It could work!

s0nido

turn up the engine
Years
A new Pokemon?

Maybe there are threads like this that are still open, but it was worth a shot.

Anyway, the aim of this thread is to make a new Pokemon. It can be almost identical to an already existing Pokemon, or it could be a brand new Pokemon that is unheard of. You can add an evolution to an existing Pokemon, or make a new one. But the whole point of this is just to see the creativity of the members here at PC.

Remember to add a short description of the Pokemon and, if you think you have the time, draw this new Pokemon.

To stimulate your brains, I'll make a new Pokemon and you can possibly add on to that.

Name: Pyrodactyl
Description:
Pyrodactyl is an extremely rare flying beast that tends to gather at tall mountains. Pyrodactyl have swirly, flaming drawings on their wings, and resemble a pterodactyl that can breathe fire. Other living things that venture too close to a Pyrodactyl's colony will be scorched by intense flames.

Evolutions: Aerodactyl-->Pyrodactyl

Type: Flying/Fire

Happy Thinking!

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
Years
I like some Pokemon without evolutions, not all pokemon have to evolve.

What I'm hoping for from 5th Gen.

A Special Tyrogue/Hitmonchan/Hitmonlee/Hitmontop. I know it's been done before but never for the Special aspect of the game. My friend and I were talking and we agreed a Psychic typed version would be cool, we came up with fitting names too, unfortunately they escape me at the moment.

AN ICE/DRAGON!!!! I've been preying for one since early 3rd gen. That and the addition of Ice resisting Dragon attacks woulb be awesome. I don't care how lame its stat could be I'd abbuse the heck out of it.

ANd finally the only pokemon I'm hoping gets an evolution is Farfetch'd. A pre-Evo would work as well. A Normal type named, i don't know something to do with being not Farfetch'd ;) And then finally its evolution would be the most farfetch'd thing of them all. A PURE flying type. Ya the evolution cycle would go Normal-Normal/Flying-Flying. It's Evo could be called InConEciBle. (inconcievable :P)

Also, until some presents a decent idea for new types we don't need them. Light doesn't count. We have Fighting as a good guy counter to Dark. Psychic has been mention earlier as well. Steel is shiny. Electricity fits the Light description best and Normal's about as effective as it'd be. Come to think of it, the Sun's another source of light and thats covered by Poison and Fire.
The biggest problem with light is, what would a light typed move be? Light Force? Angels guidance? Holy Hand grenade? I don't think so. We've already pissed off enough religions. (I didn't mean that to offend anyone, I just mean, a Light Type as a Dark type counter would probabley draw the attention of some religious figures and they already don't like us Pokemon people and it's creators)

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
Years
Just go to the 5th generation sticky thread. They'll be happy to hear your additions. Though cool poke, I'm not sure Aerodactyl needs an evolution (if that's your thinking) but the description makes me wish I was in the pokemon world and could go find one. Risk the burn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back