• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Generation 5 / Future Generations Speculation Thread + Wishlist

What do u think the starters element will be in gen V

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Well now I can tell the rest on them. Butterfree needs a stronger split evo aswll as beautifly and dustox(how would that work?)

Years
  • :| WiFi Contests. That's all I really want that is significantly probable. Platinum went "YAY WiFi!" but didn't touch a thing on contests. Oh and if we still have dress up in contests, can we MOVE the Pokemon please? Trying to dress a Chingling when the items won't stick because it's too far down kills me.

On the less probable side, picking atleast from three sprites to use. :d Can't be that hard can it?

Gyroh

Sin Comentarios
    Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2009
    Well now I can tell the rest on them. Butterfree needs a stronger split evo aswll as beautifly and dustox(how would that work?)

I think that useless Pokémon such as the bugs you mentioned need changes in stats. Another evolution to them wouldn't work since they are already 3, but we could change their stats or change their ability or give them some attack and we could make them more useful.

Like Butterfree:

It's stats are:
    60 HP, 45 Atk, 50 Def, 80 SAtk, 80 SDef, 70 Spd
    We could give it the same defenses, take 30 from SDef and give them to Speed, so now it would have base 100 Spd and would do a better job at disabling its opponents with Sleep Powder that shouldn't miss because of Coumpound eyes and then supporting the team with Tailwind. Sadly, it would still be slow and probably still useless but thats because Butterfree has a very low base stat total. Its meant to be a weak Pokémon.

To improve Beautifly, we could make it do a better job at whats it currently does: sweeping. It has base 70 Atk and base 90 SAtk. Its Atk is useless so we could take points from it, we could make it base 45 like Butterfree's so that means we took 25 points. We could give those 25 to SAtk so that it has base 115 or we could give them to Speed so that it has base 90 or we could split them, 10 to SAtk and 15 to Speed so that it has 100 SAtk/80 Spd.

Second thing we could do to it is to change its typing and ability. We could make it a Bug/Psychic because you can teach it Psychic with TMs. So Psychic is a good type. Its ability could be Levitate, or maybe it WOULD have to be Levitate.

So there you have it, Beautifly is a special sweeper with 90 SAtk and 90 Spd that can take advantage of double STAB with 2 strong moves.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I want to see the Fossil 'scene' take a new direction.

Rather than come from rocks & trees (amber), ancient Pokemon remains should be found in a frozen chunk of ice.
    ---------------
    Choosing to answer "Are you a boy? Are you a girl?" should stay.
    But I want the RIVAL to not be the 'hero' option you did not choose.
    Rather, the RIVAL concept should have the two options of boy/girl.

That way, you can game as a girl hero, adventuring around until 'that crazy chick' shows up. Again.

And maybe some sort of 'gender' differences in the Rival's Pokemon team.
    Like a Pokeon of whatever typing, only of a 'girlier' choice. (Water? Fire)
    -----------------------
    The TM for FRUSTRATION is utterly useless in my opinion.
    As such, I think it about time some sort of Pokemon should evolve if it hates you. Or evolve to look different ifit already has an evolution.
    -----------------------
    Bring back the ACRO BIKE.
    -----------------------
    SANDSLASH evolves. Shell spiking resembles 'Bowser' from the Mario franchise.
    Claws look like Zangoose hands.
    ----------------------
    Machoke and Machamp are MALE ONLY.

Female MACHOP evolves into 'FEMME' as prefix. FIST? FU?

Femmefu... LOL

I'd like a pokemon based off the kraken...a possible evo of tentacruel?

Octillery evolution would be cooler. 'Specially if it gained a second type, like Water/Dragon. That would be an awesome reason to raise an Octillery.

Kragon?

A Dragon with Suction Cups? A Dragon-type with Sniper? ^__^

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
  • I think that useless Pokémon such as the bugs you mentioned need changes in stats. Another evolution to them wouldn't work since they are already 3, but we could change their stats or change their ability or give them some attack and we could make them more useful.

Like Butterfree:

It's stats are:
    60 HP, 45 Atk, 50 Def, 80 SAtk, 80 SDef, 70 Spd
    We could give it the same defenses, take 30 from SDef and give them to Speed, so now it would have base 100 Spd and would do a better job at disabling its opponents with Sleep Powder that shouldn't miss because of Coumpound eyes and then supporting the team with Tailwind. Sadly, it would still be slow and probably still useless but thats because Butterfree has a very low base stat total. Its meant to be a weak Pokémon.

To improve Beautifly, we could make it do a better job at whats it currently does: sweeping. It has base 70 Atk and base 90 SAtk. Its Atk is useless so we could take points from it, we could make it base 45 like Butterfree's so that means we took 25 points. We could give those 25 to SAtk so that it has base 115 or we could give them to Speed so that it has base 90 or we could split them, 10 to SAtk and 15 to Speed so that it has 100 SAtk/80 Spd.

Second thing we could do to it is to change its typing and ability. We could make it a Bug/Psychic because you can teach it Psychic with TMs. So Psychic is a good type. Its ability could be Levitate, or maybe it WOULD have to be Levitate.

So there you have it, Beautifly is a special sweeper with 90 SAtk and 90 Spd that can take advantage of double STAB with 2 strong moves.

I think changing the stats of pokemon is a horrible idea. No offense I know your trying to make them more competitively viable and Butterfree's a favourite of mine but not all pokemon can be good. And you need to start out with weaker pokes, thats why you can't catch Larvitar's in your home town.
    New stats is too much, new abilities and moves are of coruse options though.

I want to see the Fossil 'scene' take a new direction.

Rather than come from rocks & trees (amber), ancient Pokemon remains should be found in a frozen chunk of ice.
    ---------------
    Choosing to answer "Are you a boy? Are you a girl?" should stay.
    But I want the RIVAL to not be the 'hero' option you did not choose.
    Rather, the RIVAL concept should have the two options of boy/girl.

That way, you can game as a girl hero, adventuring around until 'that crazy chick' shows up. Again.

And maybe some sort of 'gender' differences in the Rival's Pokemon team.
    Like a Pokeon of whatever typing, only of a 'girlier' choice. (Water? Fire)
    -----------------------
    The TM for FRUSTRATION is utterly useless in my opinion.
    As such, I think it about time some sort of Pokemon should evolve if it hates you. Or evolve to look different ifit already has an evolution.
    -----------------------
    Bring back the ACRO BIKE.
    -----------------------
    SANDSLASH evolves. Shell spiking resembles 'Bowser' from the Mario franchise.
    Claws look like Zangoose hands.
    ----------------------
    Machoke and Machamp are MALE ONLY.

Female MACHOP evolves into 'FEMME' as prefix. FIST? FU?

Femmefu... LOL

Octillery evolution would be cooler. 'Specially if it gained a second type, like Water/Dragon. That would be an awesome reason to raise an Octillery.

Kragon?

A Dragon with Suction Cups? A Dragon-type with Sniper? ^__^

Octillery kicks major Waterlogged Bananana butt. And I agree with the fossil thing, with my suggestions I was trying to get away from the rock type.

Haha, female Machokes and Machamps, same should go with Mr. Mime. Actually lets get a Mime Sr. to complete the family.
    And if we get female Machop evolutions then they definately have to make a special version of Tyrogue/Hitmonchan/Hitmonlee/Hitmontop.

And finally in regards to your sig, the wind chills not making it any warmer in Calgary. (And I wished the oilers sucked tonight)

Gyroh

Sin Comentarios
    Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2009
    I think changing the stats of pokemon is a horrible idea. No offense I know your trying to make them more competitively viable and Butterfree's a favourite of mine but not all pokemon can be good. And you need to start out with weaker pokes, thats why you can't catch Larvitar's in your home town.
    New stats is too much, new abilities and moves are of coruse options though.

Maybe it was a bad idea. I mean, I changed its stats without changing the stat total, I took points from one stat and gave them to another stat that it would need more. These 2 Pokémons, even with these changes, would still be bad pokémons because they have a stat total of 385 while overused have around 500 and more, maybe a little less.

I was helping these perform better in their category which is either UU or NU. I don't know, I don't want some poor Pokémons to be catched most of the time only so that the players can fill their Pokédex. But it doesn't really matter, right?

Candace

Beauty Trainer
    Years
  • I would love to see more Water/Electric types. I think there's only one Pokémon who has that. Or am I wrong?

And even better... I'd like to see NEW types! Allthough, what more can they think up? Maybe Light-type (since there's dark), or I dunno... poo

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I think there definitely should be a Light type! But I think they made the Dark and Steel types to tone down Psychic's uberness in 1st gen... Is there an ubertype nowadays? Dark isn't unbeatable.

I can't imagine what new pokémon they would come up with after the recent additions... *coughRotomformscough*

And yes, there's only one Water/Electric :/

We will probably still never see something like Fire/Electric or Water/Fire. These types are simply too strong each, and putting them together would be... I mean, look what happened with Fighting/Fire or Dark/Fire. They're GOOD pokémon.

Years
  • I think there definitely should be a Light type! But I think they made the Dark and Steel types to tone down Psychic's uberness in 1st gen... Is there an ubertype nowadays? Dark isn't unbeatable.

I can't imagine what new pokémon they would come up with after the recent additions... *coughRotomformscough*

And yes, there's only one Water/Electric :/

We will probably still never see something like Fire/Electric or Water/Fire. These types are simply too strong each, and putting them together would be... I mean, look what happened with Fighting/Fire or Dark/Fire. They're GOOD pokémon.
    If you wanna see something like the one type cannot harm the other type of a Pokemon, there is Lanturn, and Gliscor. So I think we can expect to see some more of this in the future somewhere.

Years
  • Nah, i dont think the DS could handle that. Maybe some day but not right now. Maybe the WII could handle it but handheld you could play it anywhere soo..

EDIT: oh you were talking about DQMJ riiiight yeah ive got it, maybe for Pokemon yeah but still...

Ikwaylx

Man with 10000 pronounciations
    Years
  • I would like to see a fighting type based purely on special sweeping. I'm getting sick of hard hitting, physical fighters. I wanna see a fighting type that strays away from that system :p
    It'd also be cool to see a pokemon that focuses on using beams.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • I would like to see a fighting type based purely on special sweeping. I'm getting sick of hard hitting, physical fighters. I wanna see a fighting type that strays away from that system :p
    It'd also be cool to see a pokemon that focuses on using beams.

But how can they be a fighting-type without being overly physical?

I really want Notched Ear Pichu to be included in the game. Maybe it can be transferred to it or maybe only one in the game and you only have on chance to catch it. It would be kind of fun and you can use it for contests.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Give me sub species. Hell thosae should be included i mean the notched ear pichu hints that.

thats a gender diff I think but remember the pink butterfree and the ones on that island that had red markings and a lot of the other pokemon had differences. I think regional differences should come.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • Well, there are a couple of special attacks which share the fighting type and they both appear to be of an 'energy wave' sort of attack.
    Why not make a Pokemon based on that? It'd be a fresh and cool idea.

Yeah it would be but if they make one pokémon to be like that, they should make about a few more just to balance it out.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back