• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Generation Five Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maci12

Gym Leader
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    It looks great, probably a pokemon with high Attack and Speed. That would be good; we need more Physical sweepers.

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
    It maybe Lucario's evolution.

There is absolutely no way it's a Lucario evolution. Lucario doesn't need one. If you mean another Riolu evolution, a side evolution to Lucario then I'll have to agree. It's got the same sort of doglike humanoid feel.

I like your new theme though! :P

It looks great, probably a pokemon with high Attack and Speed. That would be good; we need more Physical sweepers.

What? I think we need more special sweepers. There are barely any feasable special sweepers in OU. Azelf and Roserade maybe but they fill better support roles. Heatran too but I've always considered Subtran to be better.

Last edited:

Dominus Temporis

Fezzes are cool.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2012
    Y'know, I doubted that it was going to be Generation V at first, but after it was totally confirmed, I have been excited ever since.

Also, I'm loving the new silhouette, looking forward to the full appearance in two weeks- my personal guess is that it's a Lucario evolution (they do tend to include mons related to older ones among the first few revelations), but whatever it is I'm already thinking I may be using one if the full picture lives up to the hype of this silhouette...

On the other hand, it may be one of our new starters (fully-evolved, I'm guessing). I don't know why I think that, but if it is I really hope it's the Fire-type.

EDIT: Yeah, I'm really starting to think more and more it's a Lucario evolution. Take a look at it- the bit of head we can see is the same shape, the way the legs bend, the thinness of the abdomen, the way the fur tufts... oh, and note how on its right shoulder (ie the one we can see) there seems to be the same kind of ring-like decoration Lucario has on its arms.

Last edited:

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    For some reason I'm really, really thinking it's a Ninetales evo. The shape of the head is definitely Ninetales-like. Even if it's not a Ninetales evo, I still reckon it'll be a Fire or Ghost (or Fire/Ghost) type. The body looks slightly mishapen - look at how flimsily attached the arm is - and ghostly. The flame-like tufts make me think Fire type. I think that its left side looks more like a mane, but it could be a large left arm.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I would totally love a Fire/Ghost type. That would rock so much. Even if that isn't what it is, I do kind of hope we see a Pokemon with that typing. :P

iLaxbe!

by Duke R
    Years
    There is absolutely no way it's a Lucario evolution. Lucario doesn't need one. If you mean another Riolu evolution, a side evolution to Lucario then I'll have to agree. It's got the same sort of doglike humanoid feel.
    Rhydon, Porygon2 and Dusclops didn't need either.

I think it may be as strong as Dragonite and Tyranitar. A 600 Base Pokémon.

Spikey-Eared Pichu

Pichu-pi!
    Years
    Why're people complaining? We havn't even seen what the Pokemon looks like, just the silhouette! Jeez, if people are already disappointed in this, I'm gonna be very sad when the rest of Gen 5 comes out...

Anyways, here's a bit of a break-down about the silhouette:

-It CANNOT be a Shiftry evolution because Shiftry is a FULLY-EVOLVED Pokemon. Remember Seedot and Nuzleaf?

-Whenever a new generation is revealed, so far anyways, the first new Pokemon to be shown is either an evolution or a pre-evolution to a previous Pokemon.In this case, I'd say the safest bet is a Sandslash evolution.

-However, in the case that this is another 'Lucario' Pokemon, I'd say it is either A) A Dark/Fighting Werewolf Pokemon or B) A Grass/Fighting or Ground/Fighting Hedgehog Pokemon.

Yamikarasu

Wannabe Hasbeen
    Years

Not to mention Mageton, Electebuzz, Magmar....

If it is a Lucario evolution, it will definitely be up in the tiers. If I remember my metagame correctly, Lucario can sweep either way but leans toward Physical. So this means that the already powerful Lucario will be even more powerful... but then again GameFreak has been known not to have a perfectly balanced metagame (Wobbuffett is still Uber, lol)

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years

That is true but none of those pokemon had the exposure that Lucario's had. Whether it be it's own movie, SSBB, it's whole Aura controlling niche thing. I don't think they'd undermine that with an evolution
    I just can't see it being a Lucario evolution but a Lucario related pokemon (Plusle to Minun kind of thing with the Aura controlling) definately works for me.

Too bad it's all speculation now. =/

Years
    Why're people complaining? We havn't even seen what the Pokemon looks like, just the silhouette! Jeez, if people are already disappointed in this, I'm gonna be very sad when the rest of Gen 5 comes out...

Anyways, here's a bit of a break-down about the silhouette:

-It CANNOT be a Shiftry evolution because Shiftry is a FULLY-EVOLVED Pokemon. Remember Seedot and Nuzleaf?

-Whenever a new generation is revealed, so far anyways, the first new Pokemon to be shown is either an evolution or a pre-evolution to a previous Pokemon.In this case, I'd say the safest bet is a Sandslash evolution.

-However, in the case that this is another 'Lucario' Pokemon, I'd say it is either A) A Dark/Fighting Werewolf Pokemon or B) A Grass/Fighting or Ground/Fighting Hedgehog Pokemon.

Togepi wasn't an evo or pre evo

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    That is true but none of those pokemon had the exposure that Lucario's had. Whether it be it's own movie, SSBB, it's whole Aura controlling niche thing. I don't think they'd undermine that with an evolution
    I just can't see it being a Lucario evolution but a Lucario related pokemon (Plusle to Minun kind of thing with the Aura controlling) definately works for me.

Too bad it's all speculation now. =/

I agree with that, but I still can't really see it being anything related to Lucario. Honestly, I think the Riolu/Lucario evolution line is perfect as it is and doesn't need an evo, at least not yet.

I'd be much more interested in a Sandslash evolution.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
    At first I thought it'd be a Lucario or Ninetales evolution, but then I realized something for the latter: it doesn't have multiple tails. XD

Instead, I now think that, if it is indeed a new evolution, it may very well be one for Floatzel. They do look fairly similar, and that top "mane" could just be spraying water.

Not to mention that Water was the only type that saw no new evolutions in the 4th Gen, so it's highly likely that they'll be getting at least one in the 5th. ^_^

EDIT: Dragon too, but this thing has a better chance of being Water than Dragon

Last edited:

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
    I agree with that, but I still can't really see it being anything related to Lucario. Honestly, I think the Riolu/Lucario evolution line is perfect as it is and doesn't need an evo, at least not yet.

I'd be much more interested in a Sandslash evolution.

Sandslash evolution and completely new pokemon (kind of really hope it's this one) are my favourite theories but at the moment they're all just theories. Though Rilolu does only evolve in the day...

Since the show mentioned something about that pokemon being Z from the new movie (I think) I wonder if it'll oppose one of Ash's pokemon in some way...though I can't see how it relates to Pikachu in anyway...

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back