• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Generation Five Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    OMG, I hope the new games come out on the Nintendo 3DS!!! We might finally have a proper pokemon game in 3D :D I will be sure to buy if they do!

Edit: The official statement reads: "Nintendo will launch 3DS"(temp) during the fiscal year ending March 2011"

They said the new games would be this year... I should quit while I am ahead.. :\
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Corocoro is supposed to be releasing come new information on the 5th generation games in the next issue so we should know more by then...

Yeah, the FISCAL year. That starts tomorrow actually. The system will come out any time between tomorrow and March 23 2011. That means that more than likely the %th gen games will do what gold and silver di and be for both NDS and N3DS and then the enhanced version will be N3DS exclusive.

vibratingcat

new username, razzbat
    Years
    just read the 3DS article and im a bit worried....
    I was in japan over christmas and a few of my friends over there had 3d functions on their phone but it just made everything look messy.
    Im guessing that the 3ds would use the same sort of thing so I'm hoping 4 an option of turning the 3d off.
    And i think i prefer pokemon in 2d anyway.
    But if the new games had rumble feature that would b awesome!!
    ampharos used Thunder. BOOOOO(rumble)OOOOM!!!!!!
    haha itd be sick.
    Anybody hav ideas 4 the title? I will look at the periodic table later 4 ideas XD

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Also, when major things happen, the screen usually shakes and blinks... they could also use the rumble feature in those situations. And depending on how effective a move is, it can rumble on 3 levels.

vibratingcat

new username, razzbat
    Years
    and when u vs legendary pokemon, and the camera zooms out a bit and zooms in quickly, the rumble could b played as a crescendo. omg! siiick XD

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
    Well it makes sense for it to be released on the 3DS in my opinion, what's a better starting game then one of Nintendo's most sucessful franchises? So far the Gen 5 hype has been huge, and noticing the fan-base size, who ISNT going to buy a 3DS to play the Fifth Gen game??

Me lol Pokemon is getting ridiculous; adding new Pokemon just isn't exciting, it's repetitive and dull and adds nothing to the game. The 3D DS isn't a turn-on either, since I'm not a fan of 3D and Pokemon should remain as it is. HGSS graphics are great; they should make a fantastic home console Pokemon game or a Pokemon MMORPG, rather than a 5th Generation.

Snoooreee.

level.

Forgot about user titles
    Years

Me lol Pokemon is getting ridiculous; adding new Pokemon just isn't exciting, it's repetitive and dull and adds nothing to the game. The 3D DS isn't a turn-on either, since I'm not a fan of 3D and Pokemon should remain as it is. HGSS graphics are great; they should make a fantastic home console Pokemon game or a Pokemon MMORPG, rather than a 5th Generation.

Snoooreee.

You'll take that back once Game Freak gives FARFETCH'D AN EVOLUTION!!1!1!! WITH ITS BASE STATS TOTALING 600!!!

HGSS graphics are great but there's still plenty of flaws. I don't like 3D too much but maybe you can turn it off.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Im sure whatever they do its is going to turn out just fine... and I don't see how you could resent further generations. Pokemon keeps getting better the ore they add to it. Just having 500 would bore me, and I kind of got bored with it after the first few months of DP. Im always wanting more, even though I was kinda satisfied with the addition of Alternate formes.

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years
    Esmas said:
    Exactly my thoughts. And I hate how the player just gets two choices; male or female, instead of getting choices for accessories, skin colour, clothing and whatnot. I mean, when I'm playing, I just feel like playing as "Lucas" or "Dawn" instead of myself.
    The Pokémon RPG-styled games (like the main series) are, as the name suggests, RPG games. Role playing. I'm not against character customization (CC, hurrah for made-up shorties) or anything, but you're technically not playing yourself, but the characters in the game, like Lucas or Dawn. Just saying :\

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 34
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Didn't they announce the new games would be on DS though? I can see Nintendo/GF making some things exclusive for the 3DS for the 5th gen and also it be compatible with the good ol' DS.

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    Well it makes sense for it to be released on the 3DS in my opinion, what's a better starting game then one of Nintendo's most sucessful franchises? So far the Gen 5 hype has been huge, and noticing the fan-base size, who ISNT going to buy a 3DS to play the Fifth Gen game??

I wouldn't. I'll only buy the 5th gen game if it's on the DS, Pokemon is the only game I really play and there's no way I'm paying £200+ for one game.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
    You'll take that back once Game Freak gives FARFETCH'D AN EVOLUTION!!1!1!! WITH ITS BASE STATS TOTALING 600!!!

HGSS graphics are great but there's still plenty of flaws. I don't like 3D too much but maybe you can turn it off.

Farfetch'd evolution? /snores

As I said, new evolutions / Pokemon = lame. There are too many. It got trashy after Johto but I went with it; now it's just ridiculous. It's the same freakin' games with only new, 70% badly-thought-out Pokemon in it. If you're going to pay for a new DS just to buy a game with ~100 new Pokemon in it, and not realize it's just a squander for cash from Nintendo, then go ahead; I'm not going to, because they don't deserve it. Moderation is good; abuse is bad, and Nintendo is abusing the Pokemon series by adding over 500 Pokemon (including Gen V). It's just stupid now.

If you can turn it off, great, but I'm not buying a new system just to be able to say I have the game and I have 100~150 new Pokemon in another Pokemon game. I'm not Japanese / materialistic.

By the way, with the new 3DS coming out, that'll be five DSs Nintendo has made - DS, DS Lite, DSi, Over-sized DS for the visually impaired, and the 3DS. Who isn't seeing that Nintendo is bullcrapping us? o0

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    I'm not sure where I stand on the whole "Pokemon is going to be released on the 3DS" discussion. Firstly, when the 3DS does get released, I will, hopefully, be working by then so I'll have no problems in saving up to buy it. Also, the fact that the Pokemon game will probably come out another year after the console (due to development as 3D will probably take longer to make) is initially released means that I can postpone the purchase of the console until I'm properly ready.

However, I'm just wondering about the people who aren't willing to spend more money on a new DS just to play one game. I mean, yeah, Pokemon is an enjoyable game but not everyone is prepared to spend huge amounts of money just to buy one console when they already have a previous version that should be able to play the game. I hope Pokemon carries on the DS lite - simply because I like the way it feels in my hand. But 3D graphics won't be too bad, eh?

Shakespeare

Today We Play It My Way!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2011
    If the next Pokemon games are releaed on the 3DS, then it's obviously going to be in 3D. And thus, ruining spriting. I hope they'll released it on the DS/DSi too, but it's not very likely.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
    I'm not a fan of 3D. I'm not a fan of 90% of the Pokemon in Hoenn and Sinnoh. I'm not a fan of Nintendo's methods of trying to force a new console onto others (assuming Gen V is 3DS-only) just for the sake of one or two games. It's a terrible way to advocate the company. I was a huge Nintendo Fan Girl up until about two years ago, when I started noticing that Nintendo's corporates have eyes of green S-S < like that.

A new console for one game... Legend of Zelda, sure! Pokemon, no. It's not worth it. They've done nothing to improve on Pokemon other than a few in-game concepts and adding new, crappy Pokemon to the already-too-many bunch.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 34
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I'm not a fan of 3D. I'm not a fan of 90% of the Pokemon in Hoenn and Sinnoh. I'm not a fan of Nintendo's methods of trying to force a new console onto others (assuming Gen V is 3DS-only) just for the sake of one or two games. It's a terrible way to advocate the company. I was a huge Nintendo Fan Girl up until about two years ago, when I started noticing that Nintendo's corporates have eyes of green S-S < like that.

A new console for one game... Legend of Zelda, sure! Pokemon, no. It's not worth it. They've done nothing to improve on Pokemon other than a few in-game concepts and adding new, crappy Pokemon to the already-too-many bunch.

I understand where you're coming from with the whole Pokemon game series going stale when it comes down to the main series. The thing is that when you have an idea that's as good as Pokemon, something that can "withstand the test of time", it's only natural you're going to want to milk it. You would be a fool to expect anything different from a company as large as Nintendo.

Change can be a good thing and a bad thing. When it comes to Pokemon, I would imagine too much of a change could seriously affect the popularity of the main RPG series, thus losing a crap load of money. That being said, I don't particularly disagree with you on everything. As you said, "I'm not a fan of Nintendo's methods of trying to force a new console onto others (assuming Gen V is 3DS-only) just for the sake of one or two games." I hate that idea and I hate the idea that I would have to spend money on a brand new console just so that I can continue to enjoy the Pokemon series.

Hamilton

*Creative Quote Goes Here*
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016
    i already have a feeling in my gut that i'm gonna love these new games- don't know why

Ok list of things i want to see
    Plausible Pokemon (you know exactly what i mean)

Partner Pokemon return- it's working great so far in HGSS, so why not return? it also helps you feel more involved in the game

Originality in towns- take a page out of hoenn's Book- yes it was mostly water routes but the towns always changed- it went from normal to city to helfire to ape village- that was awesome

(Stretch) First Person View- probs not gonna happen, but it would be sweet

Bring back everything that was great in the PokeGear and make it better with added apps.... Pokeapp?

Keep the Pokethlon- just because

New mode of transportation- Yes, the bike is fine and dandy, but i would love maybe a scooter.... or a Chopper Gunner? lol jk

I Can Has Pokewalker?- just because it's fun

Make it just a tad bit more mature?

Deeper Focus on Pokemon Breeding? you already have the Children Exercising, why not use your power to teach them the "Pidgeys and the Beedrills"?

Make the Male/Female counterpart more involved- Like maybe have Him/Her/It around you more?

and that's pretty much it... and i'm almost certain that GF actually takes into account our ideas, so everyone keep on fantasizing

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022

Yeah you are sort of right how they are trying to get every penny out of the DS and pokemon that they can. But that is just the law of business and is being practiced by every company on this planet, and the 3DS will have more games than pokemon. Pkmn more than likely won't even be one of the main attractions to buying one. They will have a large pool of games upon its release. I mean, it's Nintendo..they don't release a system that only has a few good games for it available at launch (like Sony does).

It's your opinion on them adding no new-concepts to pkmn/new ones being crap. But I, and I'm sure most other ppl considering pkmn has a huge fanbase, don't mind the new add-ons to the world of pokemon..If only I knew Japanese I could get my copy of the new gen later on this year ^^
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    How much do you guys think the 3DS will cost along with the new games?(if they're launch titles)I'm guessing around 250$
    Hmm, well I know the 3DS will probably cost somewhere between $160 and $200 (anything higher would be insane)..I expect the games to probably go up $5 dollars to $40 bucks but maybe they will stick around $35....soo add that in w/ the 3DS (maybe we'll get a bundle pack) and it should be around $235 - $240 (not including tax).

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back