• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Generation Five Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
    Years
    A thought that's bound to make me unpopular:

Make the Legendaries actually- y'know- Legendary.

What with Wi-Fi and the increasingly global accessibility of Pokémon, have the Legendaries be programmed so that they can travel freely between peoples games.

To be fair, rather than just one of each across the entire planet- maybe just one of each within each country. Maybe 5 tops.

Basically, I'm sick of seeing legendaries every which way I look. It undermines their role by a significant degree, and I find the added challenge and prestige of capturing even one would be awesome.

Extremely bad idea, it would make it incredibly hard to fill the Pokedex, seeing as their are about over a Billion people on this planet and nobody would want to trade a Legendary, it would take years to trade it round the whole planet if people were to comply. Saying that is like saying their should only be one like, Bible yet theirs thousands of it, want any more examples?

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Apr 2, 2012

well, since B.W's on DS it has to be able to trade with them, wouldn't make any sense if ya couldn't

Exactly what I was thinking, even if it is released for the 3DS from what I can imagine the 3DS is just a DS with true 3D capable screens and a bit more under the hood I don't know why everyone seems to think it is a completely new handset yet Serebii says

Serebii.net said:
    but this does confirm that Pokémon Black and
    White will be compatible for trade in some way with Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold & SoulSilver. Whether this will be similar to the
    Pal Park in those games or the Time Machine method from Gold, Silver & Crystal remains to be seen. Well post more information as
    and when it comes.

I can understand the idea of the Time Machine concept, but talking about a Pal Park mechanic makes it seems like it is on a completely separate console altogether

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
    I think what they mean is, seeing as new Pokemon and new moves would be introduced which you can teach old Pokemon, it might be like Pal Park where you can't return the Pokemon back to the older game, or the Time Machine, which I don;t know the full specs about but it's better than Pal Park in which you can return the Pokemon. But as it's on the DS, I see no other reason why you can't trade easily between the games.

Fli

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2011
    A thought that's bound to make me unpopular:

Make the Legendaries actually- y'know- Legendary.

What with Wi-Fi and the increasingly global accessibility of Pokémon, have the Legendaries be programmed so that they can travel freely between peoples games.

To be fair, rather than just one of each across the entire planet- maybe just one of each within each country. Maybe 5 tops.

Basically, I'm sick of seeing legendaries every which way I look. It undermines their role by a significant degree, and I find the added challenge and prestige of capturing even one would be awesome.

While I understand your point, I really hate the idea. For one thing, it wouldn't really work. With all the hacking, there would still be tons of legendaries out there- fake, yes, but still present. And as a more personal thing which I am sure I am not alone in, there would almost no way for me to ever see one- I don't have wi-fi, and trying to find someone irl to trade with would be awkward and nearly impossible. One more thing, I thought, correct me if I'm wrong, that the anime/ manga (?) kind of says that there are many of each legendary- you were just lucky if you even saw one. <-- I think I read that somewhere, but don't take my word for it.

Besides, if people just stopped cheating, legendaries would become more legendary.

(Sorry if that was really mean; I don't know why I care so much, but I do. :))

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
    Building up on that guy's idea, what about a Wi-Fi town? Or island, where you can capture the Legendary. I know not everyone has Wi-Fi, but maybe Game Stores would be able to host free Wi-Fi like once a month... I hate when you have ideas but as you type, they don't seem feasible.

Years
    How is the DS-to-DS trade between DPPtHGSS and BW going to work? What if someone with Black wants to transfer...say, Zoroark to Pearl. Pearl doesn't have the data for Zoroark. :s

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
    Years
    How is the DS-to-DS trade between DPPtHGSS and BW going to work? What if someone with Black wants to transfer...say, Zoroark to Pearl. Pearl doesn't have the data for Zoroark. :s

Easy, have a trade room specifically for trading with the Gen IV games and restrict the player from entering whilst Gen 5 Pokemon are in their team, that's how the time machine in G/S/C worked

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
    Years

It wil be like GSC and say it cannot be traded.

Easy, have a trade room specifically for trading with the Gen IV games and restrict the player from entering whilst Gen 5 Pokemon are in their team, that's how the time machine in G/S/C worked

^^ This is what I meant.
    Sorry for any confusion.

So as I'm trying to fill my Pokedex on HGSS I thought of what would be a super helpful item for ingame. It'd basically be like a Max Repel but instead of keeping away pokemon that are a lower level than the pokemon first in your party, it would repel all pokemon that you already have registered in your pokedex!!

^^ Ok, I want this it would be awesome!

Last edited:

Sora's Nobody

The Official Roxas
    Years
    I just saw, pokemon sunday, and they showed how the camera movements work in the round town, and the system looked efficient, the cammera just follws you around in a circular movement!

Edit: Crap! Serebii beat me by two minutes!

Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2011
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAdxDACr2fQ

Gameplay! Speculate!

What do you guys think? Looks pretty good to me, no floating characters (like in the lighthouse, the only 3D we have seen until now) from what I can see. I could comment on the music... only if the cast for this show weren't so loud.

Last edited:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    You can enter some of the buildings but not all. That makes me sad, and why the hell is there a pathway to the middle? That makes me wonder...
    [FONT=&quot]There's a map of the city picture 7 of 9,[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]https://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/pics.shtml I think that alleyway might lead somewhere like the forest's do (you know how they lead you inside a new area or the forest itself)...[/FONT]

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back