• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] The Glacial Gathering: Ice Types Fanclub

Years
Are you using/going to use an Ice type on your team?
Don't have one currently, but so so interested in using Froslass!! But I always have to have an ice move on my team regardless.. such good coverage. Empoleon and Ice Beam go hand in hand. I just don't have room for Froslass right now (and already used Weavile). ;-;

Rankings ~
Spoiler:

Years

Are there any changes you'd like to see in the Ice type's Type match-ups? This could be defensive (for example give Ice type a new resistance) or offensive (give it a different or an extra type it's super effective against)

For this week's Rankings, first a short recap:
Rate the mon by whatever standard you want. You can just rate them by design (might be hard for Clever though), or based on moves/abilities they have etc.

For each of the categories you'd say which rank the mon would have: Normal Rank (bad/dislike), Super Rank (meh/okay), Hyper Rank (Good), and Master Rank (Great/Amazing).

And the new batch of mons up for Judging/Ranking:

Sneasel:
Spoiler:

beauty.png
:
clever.png
:
cool.png
:
cute.png
:
tough.png
:

Weavile:
Spoiler:

beauty.png
:
clever.png
:
cool.png
:
cute.png
:
tough.png
:

Bergmite:
Spoiler:

beauty.png
:
clever.png
:
cool.png
:
cute.png
:
tough.png
:

Avalugg:
Spoiler:

beauty.png
:
clever.png
:
cool.png
:
cute.png
:
tough.png
:

Alolan Sandshrew:
Spoiler:

beauty.png
:
clever.png
:
cool.png
:
cute.png
:
tough.png
:

Alolan Sandslash:
Spoiler:

beauty.png
:
clever.png
:
cool.png
:
cute.png
:
tough.png
:

My own answer & rankings:
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
Are there any changes you'd like to see in the Ice type's Type match-ups? This could be defensive (for example give Ice type a new resistance) or offensive (give it a different or an extra type it's super effective against)
In my mind it makes sense to have Ice be super-effective against Water (it freezes them) and Bug (just like how it's strong against Grass). Ice also needs more resists other than itself. Would love if it resisted Water (it should make them stronger no?) and Normal type (punching a block of ice is just as painful as punching a rock/smth made of steel).

And here are my rankings. Didn't get to do it last time so I'll include those as well.

Spoiler:

Years

The Gift of Surprise Event

Today marks the start of an event in collaboration with 3 of the other type clubs: Dragon Ascent, The Fairy Type Club & the water pokemon club!.
You have the whole of December to participate in it and try to get a new badge created for this event! =3
The goal of this event is to spread some Pokemon love through Wonder/Surprise trade during the season of giving =D

You do not have to be in any of the four clubs to participate!
You just need to go to one of the 4 participating Type clubs and indicate that you are there for the event when posting your box of mons. You will then be 'Honorary members' of that type club. And who knows, maybe you'll like the club and stick around? =3

attachment.php

For anyone who is in multiple type clubs or no type club at all: you can just pick the type you wish to lend a hand and participate for!
If you have enough time, you can participate with a box of mons for each the other clubs too if you want! (one box max per club)

Special thanks goes to VisionofMilotic for her help getting additional type clubs on board and for her help getting a badge for this =3

Rules:
-You can Wonder/Surprise trade ANY legitimate mon for the type club you want to participate for, as long as it has the typing of that type club!
If, for example, you're participating for the Water Club, your mons need to have Water as one of their types!
Beyond that, the mon choice is completely up to you! Just make sure you're actually okay with trading it away if it's something special like a shiny, legendary or has PokeRus etc.
If you don't have enough mons you can go breed or catch them!
-Make sure you post your submission in the corresponding type club's thread!
-Deadline is midnight on December 31st to January 1st.
Edit, as there was some confusion
In the following order:
-Try to gather a box full of mons (30) to trade away for the type of your choice.
-Don't forget to take a screenshot/photo before you send them off!
-Then Wonder/Surprise trade them all and keep what you first receive for your mon! So no endlessly trading till you have a full box of same type mons back.
-Take a screenshot/photo again.
-After completing the Wonder/Suprise Trade, provide a list of how many mons of that Pokemon Type you got back again.
-Don't forget to include the screenshots in your submission!

Example of a submission:
(Which would be posted in the Water Club in this case.)

"Here to submit my box of mons for the Water type and to get the badge.

Before the Surprise/Wonder Trade:
Spoiler:

After:
Spoiler:

As you can see I got 3 Water types back (Wingull, Pelipper & Cramorant)."

If you managed to Surprise/Wonder Trade 30 mons of your chosen type club's type away and provided the before & after screenshot then you're eligible for a brand spanking new BADGE!!
You get a tier for the badge every year you manage to complete this event (Bronze -> Silver -> Gold). Don't forget to polish it!
Also, if you didn't manage to complete the event this year, you can try again next year! =)

People who do not reach the goal of 30 can still add to their type club's same type received back totals. Just post what you did get done!
You won't be eligible for the badge, but you might still be able to help the club win =D

Whichever club receives the most mons of it's type back will be the winning club and receive the Generous Gifter Trophy:
attachment.php

Full size:
Spoiler:

Attachments

• Banner1-2.png
    Banner1-2.png
    889.4 KB · Views: 73
  • delibirdtrophy2.png
    delibirdtrophy2.png
    251.1 KB · Views: 199
  • delibirdtrophy2small.png
    delibirdtrophy2small.png
    32.8 KB · Views: 351
Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Question! As a member of the Fairy, Dragon, and Ice Clubs, do we have permission to be super ambitious and do trades for every club?

Years
Question! As a member of the Fairy, Dragon, and Ice Clubs, do we have permission to be super ambitious and do trades for every club?

I've been wondering that myself for some time now. I don't mind allowing it if the other owners of the participating clubs don't mind.
I do feel that if we allow it, people who aren't a member of any type clubs should be allowed to participate for multiple clubs too if they have the time for it.

I'll quote Megan and VisionofMilotic to draw their attention =p

see above

see above

Years
I've been wondering that myself for some time now. I don't mind allowing it if the other owners of the participating clubs don't mind.
I do feel that if we allow it, people who aren't a member of any type clubs should be allowed to participate for multiple clubs too if they have the time for it.

I'll quote Megan and VisionofMilotic to draw their attention =p

Interesting, I am open to letting participants trade Pokemon for more than one type club, if they so desire. I think it should be optional, because it means doing more, but I think it could be interesting to allow players the opportunity to trade Pokemon for either just 1 club of their choice, 2, 3 or even all 4 participating clubs.

I have a question. If you give away pokemon on behalf of multiple clubs, would you still have to trade 30 Pokemon of the same typing to get a badge i.e a box of 30 water types? Or could you mix-and-match the types, and still be eligible for the badge by trading for instance 10 water types, 10 fairy types and 10 dragon types to total 30?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
If we do that we should probably restrict every Pokemon to one club only. If someone wants to trade a bunch of Water/Ice dual types, they should only count them towards one club and not both. Other than that it's alright with me. Ultimately it means that people have to keep better track of what they trade and if they are willing to do so then I don't see any issues.

Years
Interesting, I am open to letting participants trade Pokemon for more than one type club, if they so desire. I think it should be optional, because it means doing more, but I think it could be interesting to allow players the opportunity to trade Pokemon for either just 1 club of their choice, 2, 3 or even all 4 participating clubs.

I have a question. If you give away pokemon on behalf of multiple clubs, would you still have to trade 30 Pokemon of the same typing to get a badge i.e a box of 30 water types? Or could you mix-and-match the types, and still be eligible for the badge by trading for instance 10 water types, 10 fairy types and 10 dragon types to total 30?

Yes, doing it for multiple clubs would be optional.

For the badge you need 30 of the same type for the club you participate for. So no mix-and-match there.

Once you have completed that though, and if you still have time left, you could do anywhere up to 30 mons (there is no minimum, but 30 per club is definitely the maximum) for other clubs too. So for example you would do 30 dragons to get yourself the badge and after that you could do say 15 each for the Fairy, Water and Ice clubs.

So once you've already qualified for the badge you could then mix-and-match a box of 10 for the other type clubs if you want.

One thing to keep in mind though:
If you plan to participate for multiple clubs, say for example the Water & Fairy clubs. Say you have 1 box full of Water types, and possibly another box full of fairy types. Any fairy types you receive back when Wonder/Surprise trading your Water Box do not count, only the Water types do. Meaning only fairy types you receive back when you are actually Wonder/Surprise trading your box of Fairies count (during which any Water types would ofc not count).

So basically, for the mons you receive back, the only type that counts is the one that is of the Club that you are currently Wonder/Surprise trading for.
It's gonna be a bit more to keep track of, but definitely possible.

If we do that we should probably restrict every Pokemon to one club only. If someone wants to trade a bunch of Water/Ice dual types, they should only count them towards one club and not both. Other than that it's alright with me. Ultimately it means that people have to keep better track of what they trade and if they are willing to do so then I don't see any issues.

Your main issue is someone counting the same box for both in case of dual types right? That would not be allowed no.
But someone trading two boxes of dual types and counting the first box for one type and the second box for the other should be fine imo.

As far as dual types are concerned, I'd say if someone trades away two boxes of the same mon for two different clubs, as long as 1 box is counted for 1 club, and the other box for the other, there shouldn't be a problem?
So for example someone loads up two boxes full of Lapras. The first box is Wonder/Suprise Traded away for the Ice Club. They only count Ice types received back for their totals. The second box is Wonder/Surprise traded away for the Water Club. Now they only count the Water types received back.

*hopes this all makes sense... kinda tired atm lol, been a long day @_@*

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Okay, I've already got my box of 30. I've decided to go with Milcery and attach a few random Sweets to some for fun and to be extra nice. Should I supply a screenshot of all the Milcery?

Years
Okay, I've already got my box of 30. I've decided to go with Milcery and attach a few random Sweets to some for fun and to be extra nice. Should I supply a screenshot of all the Milcery?

If you mean all individually, no that's not required.
If by all you mean your box that contains all your milcery then yes.
The screenshots/photos requested are a before and after screenshot of the box that contains the mons you surprise/wonder trade.

Perhaps an example would be clearest:

Example of a submission:
(Which would be posted in the Water Club in this case.)

"Here to submit my box of mons for the Water type and to get the badge.

Before the Surprise/Wonder Trade:
Spoiler:

After:
Spoiler:

As you can see I got 3 Water types back (Wingull, Pelipper & Cramorant)."

Think I'll edit this example into the event announcement post later on =3

Attachments

• 263463278_423699652811440_7929063854721557690_n.jpg
    263463278_423699652811440_7929063854721557690_n.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 75
  • 263724037_423699679478104_8334092940048545072_n.jpg
    263724037_423699679478104_8334092940048545072_n.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:

Duck

🦆 quack quack
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 23, 2023
If you mean all individually, no that's not required.
If by all you mean your box that contains all your milcery then yes.
The screenshots/photos requested are a before and after screenshot of the box that contains the mons you surprise/wonder trade.

Perhaps an example would be clearest:

Think I'll edit this example into the event announcement post later on =3

Oh, shoot.

I've already done like 112 Pokémon and while I'm always taking pictures of the "Before" Volleys, I'm not always taking pictures of all the "after" pokémon - some were hacked, there were the ever present rain of Skwovets and Rookidees, so I'm mostly preserving the fairies and a few interesting Pokemon that I want for later use but I haven't been saving the derps or the 50th Charmander I get as it's 1) space consuming, 2) would stop the rolling release system to save time.

Do I really need to throw that progress away? (I say progress like it wasn't 9 Fairies.)

I think I already know the answer but there's no harm in asking, do Pokémon that aren't $TYPE, but evolve into $TYPE count? For example, Eevee counting for Water, Ice or Fairy, Koffing and Vulpix counting for Fairy or Swablu counting for Dragon.

Years
Oh, shoot.

I've already done like 112 Pokémon and while I'm always taking pictures of the "Before" Volleys, I'm not always taking pictures of all the "after" pokémon - some were hacked, there were the ever present rain of Skwovets and Rookidees, so I'm mostly preserving the fairies and a few interesting Pokemon that I want for later use but I haven't been saving the derps or the 50th Charmander I get as it's 1) space consuming, 2) would stop the rolling release system to save time.

Do I really need to throw that progress away? (I say progress like it wasn't 9 Fairies.)

Gonna split this up into two things:

1) Since you started before the clear example was up, I think I'd allow you to keep what you have now. Just provide what screenshots/photos you do have, as long as there is at least one before and one after shot/photo for the badge itself. Be sure to include the Fairy mons you got back in text form that are not represented on the screenshots/photo's.
Also make sure you start taking the after screenshots/photo's from this point on.

2) Did you do 112 all for the fairy type? or across all 4 participating clubs?
The box of 30 was intended as the maximum for a single type, because not everyone has as much time to spend on this.

That said if someone wants to be more avid about it, I don't want to discourage it.
I also want to prevent a situation where one person trades away like 1.000 fairies and gets 300 of them back to skew the results though.
I might already have a potential solve for this by limiting the amount of same type mons you can get back to a maximum of 30.

Edit:
nvm - Apologies for the harassment to my co-conspirators ^.^
I'm sowwwy T^T
(guess I just jumped the gun trying to help lol)

I think I already know the answer but there's no harm in asking, do Pokémon that aren't $TYPE, but evolve into $TYPE count? For example, Eevee counting for Water, Ice or Fairy, Koffing and Vulpix counting for Fairy or Swablu counting for Dragon.

They don't. They need to have the typing before the Wonder/Surprise trade.
The only potential exception might be a trade evolution that acquires the type, if you actually give it the item so that it evolves. (mainly thinking of Kingdra here who gains Dragon type)

Last edited:

Duck

🦆 quack quack
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 23, 2023
2) Did you do 112 all for the fairy type? or across all 4 participating clubs?
The box of 30 was intended as the maximum for a single type, because not everyone has as much time to spend on this.

Oh, I'm dumb. You see, I understood "gather 30 Pokémon of the same type" to mean after trading.
That is, keep trading until you receive 30 Pokémon of your desired type.

If what you mean is "Get 30 Pokémon of the type, trade and post the before and after", that's easy enough to do again, yeah. I got a highly efficient farm by now.

Years
If what you mean is "Get 30 Pokémon of the type, trade and post the before and after", that's easy enough to do again, yeah. I got a highly efficient farm by now.

That was what I meant yes.
First Gather 30 mons of 1 of the 4 types.
Then take a screenshot and Wonder/Suprise trade them all away.
Then take another screenshot/photo from what you received back.

I'm glaring at the post now wondering if I can indicate the order more clearly =p

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Haha for some reason I thought I had to trade all one Pokémon. Honestly tho, like most of these can Gigantamax and have Sweets so I don't feel that bad for picking only Milcery.

Anyway, my Switch has always had problems with screenshots, is it okay if I take a picture of my Switch? I'll write a little note with the date and my username so you know I'm not just faking my Milcery box. That cool?

I'm glaring at the post now wondering if I can indicate the order more clearly =p
Oh no, you actually did a great job explaining and with examples and whatnot. I just have poor reading comprehension sometimes lmao.

Years
Haha for some reason I thought I had to trade all one Pokémon. Honestly tho, like most of these can Gigantamax and have Sweets so I don't feel that bad for picking only Milcery.

Anyway, my Switch has always had problems with screenshots, is it okay if I take a picture of my Switch? I'll write a little note with the date and my username so you know I'm not just faking my Milcery box. That cool?

Oh no, you actually did a great job explaining and with examples and whatnot. I just have poor reading comprehension sometimes lmao.

Of course. It's basically what I meant by photo and why I kept saying screenshot/photo.
For those who are doing this on the 3DS or those who are doing it on the Switch, but can't get screenshots off their Switch: a photo is the other option.
Just take a photo with your camera or phone of your Switch or 3DS with the box open, I don't think the note with username is necessary =)
Just try to get the box on the photo as clear as you can ^.^

Also, it's not a requirement, but if you wanna provide additional photos or screenshots to show something off, you can!
For example, boxes have a filter that makes it highlight the items the mons are holding, but hide the mon a bit. If you want to show off all the items you sent out you could do an additional photo or screenshot of that and add it.
Again, that would be optional.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
All done!
Before:
Spoiler:

After:
Spoiler:

Standouts include:
Spoiler: