• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] The Glacial Gathering: Ice Types Fanclub

icycatelf

Alex
Years
  • Are there any Ice type Pokemon you think could be used as a starter?

Pokémon: Let's Go Vulpix and Alolan Vulpix!

I totally get Starter vibes from Spheal. Cute and compact basic stage, cool yet cute middle stage, tough-looking final stage... I could also kind of see Bergmite as a Starter if there was a middle form, or Lapras as a fully evolved Starter if it had two prior forms.

I'd love to see Sneasel as a Starter too. It would need to be mid-stage based on its BST though, and Weavile doesn't really give me fully evolved Starter vibes. Might work in a Let's Go type scenerio though. Let's Go Meowth and Sneasel?

Years
  • Are there any Ice type Pokemon you think could be used as a starter?

Neat question to think about. I think the Spheal line would fit best without having to alter it that much, other than perhaps lower the level it evolves at. This Pokemon is already a 3 stage evolution, and has that cute, special chibi vibe that starters usually have. It's part water type, so it can be the water starter,and the base stat total of the final form is on par with a strong third stage starter evolution.

Something totally unrelated that I wanted to run to the ice club and rejoice over. This Alolan Vulpix w/ costume from Build-a-Bear is one of the cutest things I have seen. What do you guys think?

The cape is removable, and I can see in the website that it comes in a bundle with a pajama set. You can also buy just the Vulpix too, and it doesn't have to have the fashion pieces. I think the clothes make it extra special though.

https://www.buildabear.com/online-e...uWMVCsrRUyiyU2ze4ZXSOx6kbplVBDKxoCDLUQAvD_BwE

Years
  • That looks really cute, especially with that cape!!
    But I literally just bought an Alolan Vulpix and Alolan Ninetales from Pokemon Center xD

Spoiler:

I've never heard of this site tbh.

Attachments

• IMG_20220228_125318496_HDR.jpg
      IMG_20220228_125318496_HDR.jpg
      2 MB · Views: 28
    Years

• Are there any creatures from mythology you think would make for a good Ice type Pokemon? (that haven't already been used)

Own answers:
    Spoiler:

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Optionally, I tried to make some abominations mash ups from Ice type Pokemon, a bit like how the gen 8 fossil mons are a mash up of two Pokemon (mine make more anatomical sense though =p)
    Below are three images, each image is the silhouette of a combination of two Ice Type Pokemon. Can you see which they are?

attachment.php
    attachment.php
    attachment.php

Attachments

• silhouette1.png
      silhouette1.png
      3.8 KB · Views: 76
    • silhouette2.png
      silhouette2.png
      3.5 KB · Views: 50
    • silhouette3.png
      silhouette3.png
      6 KB · Views: 50
    Last edited:
    Years
  • Are there any creatures from mythology you think would make for a good Ice type Pokemon? (that haven't already been used)
    Has there been a mon based on the Arctic Hare yet? I went searching around for animals that live in cold biomes and found this guy~
    330px-Arctic_Hare_1.jpg

I wouldn't mind seeing something like this in the future :3
    Spoiler:

Optionally, I tried to make some abominations mash ups from Ice type Pokemon, a bit like how the gen 8 fossil mons are a mash up of two Pokemon (mine make more anatomical sense though =p)
    Below are three images, each image is the silhouette of a combination of two Ice Type Pokemon. Can you see which they are?
    Let's see here
    Spoiler:

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • Are there any creatures from mythology you think would make for a good Ice type Pokemon? I could see a Pokémon/Fakemon being based on the Barbegazi, small, bearded humanoids that use their giant feet as snow skis. I imagine it looking something akin to Venonat and Tangela. Ice/Fairy. (Note: Its name translates "frozen beard," which brings to mind Beartic, but this may just be a coincidence since Beartic looks nothing like the creature.)

A Jack Frost Pokémon could also be really cool!

Last edited:
    Years
  • Are there any creatures from mythology you think would make for a good Ice type Pokemon?

It's really creepy, but the wendigo would be cool! I'm sure Pokémon could find a way to make it look like an actual creature from the series without being too scary. One of the first things I think of when you say winter fantasy creatures.

Also absolutely a jackalope. They are cute. <3

Years
  • Just posting the answers to some of the puzzles that I made.
    Don't click the spoilers if you still intend to do any, I guess? =p

The Ruins of Alph style puzzle:
    Spoiler:

Sootopolis Gym style puzzle:
    Spoiler:

Sliding Puzzle:
    Spoiler:

Silhouettes Mash-up of two Ice mons:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

You were 5 for 6 btw =3
    The one you were unsure about is the one you got wrong ^.^

Years
  • Oh, these puzzles are neat! I keep waiting too long to post. I wish I had looked at this sooner. I think I could have guessed some of the silhouetted Pokemon who have been matched up, now that there are answers though it's probably a little late for me to give it a try. Next time though! Rekoil, you would be an amazing event organizer at get-togethers!

I do have an answer for the topic question. Are there any creatures from mythology you think would make for a good Ice type Pokemon?

How about a pokemon based on the Snow Queen, from the fairytale by Hans Christian Anderson of the same name? I see it as a beautiful female ice nymph of a Pokemon with a deep blue and white color scheme and snow clouds that enfold this Pokemon like furs. At first I thought of making it a regional variant of Vespiquen that's an ice type, because snow bees are theme of the story, but I think the Snow Queen deserves to be a Pokemon in it's own right.

It could work as mono ice type, but I think an ice/psychic dual type might fit even better to encompass the magical powers the Snow Queen has in the story. I considered ice/ fairy too, but think I am going to stay with psychic because this Pokemon would likely have snow warning as it's ability, so I want to make it not too much like Alolan Ninetales. I think the psychic typing also works well for the esp, because the character of the snow queen is wise and introspective, and in the story she presents mental challenges to the characters. I would make the Pokemon version also a legendary.

The dungeon you must navigate to find this Pokemon is an ice castle, as a nod to her lair in the story. The player would have to wander through different levels of the palace, encountering various wild ice pokemon along the way like Alolan Ninetales, Beatric and Alolan Sandlash, until you reach her frozen lake, the lake of reason. It's one of those ice puzzle lakes that you have to slide across in a certain pattern to reach the tile with her throne. Interact with her icy throne, and read the word "eternity" etched in ice. Once you do this it triggers a cut scene where she comes out of the sky on her winter chariot and floats down in front of you, revealing herself. Now it can be battled and caught.

There are a lot of magical beings in the story that could make interesting Pokemon. Maybe there could be a group of different legendaries that represent different story element like the bad goblin/demon who forges the magic mirror pieces that distorts everyone's perceptions. Also one of the warrior angels that the main character summons out of the steam to fight the Snow Queen's minions. They would not be ice types though!

Has anyone seen this btw?

It's your Chinese Zodiac with an all ice pokemon theme. Which pokemon did you get?

https://www.thegamer.com/pokemon-ice-type-based-chinese-zodiac/

I am a year of the dragon, and that makes me Kyurem! A Pokemon I have always respected, so I am pretty happy with this.

Last edited:
    Years

• I just spent the last 2-3 hours compiling all the current rankings together in 1 .txt file, both for easy access for when I compile the tier-lists as well as to see who's still missing rankings.
    Completed rankings (every Pokemon ranked): icycatelf, Roni, VisionofMilotic and myself.

People who have rated some, but not all Ice types:

-Ninetales, unranked Ice types:
    Spheal, Sealeo, Walrein, Cryogonal, Eiscue, Sneasel, Weavile, Bergmite, Avalugg, Alolan Sandshrew, Alolan Sandslash, Smoochum, Jynx, Regice, Snover, Abomasnow, Kyurem, Mr Mime (Galar), Mr. Rime, Dewgong, Lapras, Articuno, Glaceon, Cubchoo, Beartic, Ice Rider Calyrex, CLoyster, Delibird, Crabominable, Arctozolt, Arctovish, Glastrier, Hisuian Avalugg.

-Sheep, unranked Ice types:
    Sneasel, Weavile, Bergmite, Avalugg, Alolan Sandshrew, Alolan Sandslash, SMoochum, Jynx, Regice, Snover, Abomasnow, Kyurem, Mr. Mime (Galar), Mr. Rime, Alolan Vulpix, Alolan Ninetales, Galarian Darumaka, Galarian Darmanitan, Amaura, Aurorus, Rotom Frost, Vanillite, Vanillish, Vanilluxe, Snom, Frosmoth, Dewgong, Lapras, Articuno, Glaceon, Cubchoo, Beartic, Ice Rider Calyrex.

For a reminder:

Rate the mon by whatever standard you want. You can just rate them by design (might be hard for Clever though), or based on moves/abilities they have etc.

For each of the categories you'd say which rank the mon would have: Normal Rank (bad/dislike), Super Rank (meh/okay), Hyper Rank (Good), and Master Rank (Great/Amazing).

<mon name>
    Beauty:
    Clever:
    Cool:
    Cute:
    Tough:

This post is mainly intended as a reminder for you if you still want to rank any of the mons you currently haven't done yet. I'm not saying you have to rank every ice type mon.
    I kinda wanna make the tier-lists at the end of this month if possible, so this post is to give you a chance to still rank mons you want to, in case you've forgotten ^.^

Last edited:
    Years
  • I am glad to have this reminder! There are Pokemon here that I still want to rate. I'm doing them all now, before I forget again.

Rotom Frost
    Spoiler:

Vanillite

Spoiler:

Vanillish

Spoiler:

Vanilluxe
    Spoiler:

Snom
    Spoiler:

Frosmoth

Spoiler:

Dewgong

Spoiler:

Lapras

Spoiler:

Articuno

Spoiler:

Glaceon

Spoiler:

Cubchoo

Spoiler:

Beartic
    Spoiler:

Ice Rider Calyrex
    Spoiler:

Cloyster

Spoiler:

Delibird

Spoiler:

Crabominable

Spoiler:

Arctozolt

Spoiler:

Arctovish

Spoiler:

Glastrier
    Spoiler:

Hisuian Avalugg

Spoiler:

I think this is everybody

Years
  • Oh, these puzzles are neat! I keep waiting too long to post. I wish I had looked at this sooner. I think I could have guessed some of the silhouetted Pokemon who have been matched up, now that there are answers though it's probably a little late for me to give it a try. Next time though! Rekoil, you would be an amazing event organizer at get-togethers!

The mash-up silhouettes are probably too close to the 'Who's that Pokemon' event that already exists in the Get Together.
    I do fully intend to run a Spot the Difference event at the next get-together though =3

Also yeah I intend to make more of those silhouettes. I wanna make some from combining three mons =3

It's your Chinese Zodiac with an all ice pokemon theme. Which pokemon did you get?

I am a year of the dragon, and that makes me Kyurem! A Pokemon I have always respected, so I am pretty happy with this.

I see Glaceon for the year of the rat and just went awwwwww.

I'm a goat so I got Glalie. I like Glalie, but not Mega Glalie. Which is what they used for the picture rofl.

I think this is everybody

it is =3
    I updated the reminder post accordingly ^.^

Years

• Legends:Arceus introduced a couple new status conditions, one of which is called 'Frostbite'.
    It replaces the Frozen status condition and acts similar to a Burn: you take 1/16th of Max HP damage every turn. Frostbite however cuts the afflicted Pokemon's Special Attack in half whereas a Burn cuts the Attack in half. (it's pretty much just a special attack cutting version of Burn =p)
    The original Frozen status condition completely immobilizes a Pokemon with a 20% chance to thaw out each turn.

Which of these status effects do you prefer? Would you like to see Frostbite return as a status effect in gen 9 (and possibly replace Frozen) ?

own answer:
    Spoiler:

Also, VisionofMilotic posted a link for a zodiac based 'What Ice type Pokemon are you?' roughly a week ago.

Quoting it in case people missed it:

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • Which of these status effects do you prefer? Would you like to see Frostbite return as a status effect in gen 9 (and possibly replace Frozen) ? Wasn't aware of the Special cut. I don't mind the change so much now! I think I still prefer the old effect, but I could see this one working out more strategically.

It's your Chinese Zodiac with an all ice pokemon theme. Which pokemon did you get? Amaura! Not my favorite from the list, though Aurorus was admittedly one of my better "competitive" mons back when I still battled online. Its Shiny is also pretty gorgeous.

Years
  • I prefer Frostbite over Frozen tbh. It makes more sense now and is on par with other status conditions and what they do (Para lowers speed, Burn lowers Attack, and now this~) I wasn't a fan of freeze being an overpowered version of sleep, where sometimes you aren't even sure if your Pokemon will thaw out at all (or wait did this change in newer gens? I'm sort of an old head by today's standards and don't get frozen much lmao)

Also I got Abomasnow as I'm a Year of the Tiger guy~ Great mon, but apparently I'm passionate, impulsive, and sometimes hot-headed? Idk these days I'm mostly the complete opposite of those three lol

Years
  • I prefer Frostbite over Frozen tbh. It makes more sense now and is on par with other status conditions and what they do (Para lowers speed, Burn lowers Attack, and now this~) I wasn't a fan of freeze being an overpowered version of sleep, where sometimes you aren't even sure if your Pokemon will thaw out at all (or wait did this change in newer gens? I'm sort of an old head by today's standards and don't get frozen much lmao)

Also I got Abomasnow as I'm a Year of the Tiger guy~ Great mon, but apparently I'm passionate, impulsive, and sometimes hot-headed? Idk these days I'm mostly the complete opposite of those three lol

I actually thought there was a max amount of turns lol
    I looked it up though and there isn't =o

Years
    • Age 23
    • She/Her
    • Canada
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    Dewgong
    Beauty: Hyper
    Clever: Hyper
    Cool: Hyper
    Cute: Master
    Tough: Super

Lapras
    Beauty: Master
    Clever: Master
    Cool: Master
    Tough: Hyper

Articuno
    Tough: Master

Glaceon

Cubchoo
    Beauty: Super
    Clever: Super
    Cool: Super
    Tough: Normal

Beartic
    Beauty: Normal
    Cute: Super

Ice Rider Calyrex

Smoochum
    Clever: Normal
    Cute: Hyper

Jynx
    Cool: Normal
    Cute: Normal

Alolan Vulpix

Alolan Ninetales

Spheal

Sealeo

Walrein

Crygonal

Sneasel

Weavile

Snover

Abomasnow

Regice

Kyurem

Mr. Rime

Crabominable

Delibird

Cloyster

Arctozolt

Arctovish

Hisuian Avalugg

Glastrier

Alolan Sandshrew

Alolan Sandslash

Last edited:
    Years

• You had already ranked Alolan Vulpix & Ninetales, but it was almost the same. Your newer one ranked Alolan Vulpix a bit higher on two categories so I used your new ranking for Alolan Vulpix.

That was almost all of them, only four left:
    Eiscue, Bergmite, Avalugg (the normal/Kalos one), Mr Mime (Galar).

(just in case you forgot them, if you don't want to rank them just ignore me =p)

Edit:
    no rush btw =3

Last edited:
    Years

• Below is a list of all abilities that the current Ice type Pokemon have:
    -Anger Point
    -As One - Unnerve/Chilling Neigh
    -Chilling Neigh
    -Clear Body
    -Cursed Body
    -Dry Skin
    -Forewarn
    -Gorilla Tactics
    -Hustle
    -Hydration
    -Hyper Cutter
    -Ice Body
    -Ice Face
    -Ice Scales
    -Inner Focus
    -Insomnia
    -Iron Fist
    -Keen Eye
    -Levitate
    -Moody
    -Oblivious
    -Overcoat
    -Own Tempo
    -Pickpocket
    -Pressure
    -Rattled
    -Refrigerate
    -Screen Cleaner
    -Shell Armor
    -Shield Dust
    -Skill Link
    -Slush Rush
    -Snow Cloak
    -Snow Warning
    -Soundproof
    -Static
    -Strong Jaw
    -Sturdy
    -Swift Swim
    -Tangled Feet
    -Teravolt
    -Thick Fat
    -Turboblaze
    -Vital Spirit
    -Volt Absorb
    -Water Absorb
    -Weak Armor
    -Zen Mode
    You can click on the ability names in this list if you forgot what one of them does.

Which of these abilities is your favorite, if you have one?

If you were an Ice type Pokemon, which of these abilities would fit/describe you the best? Is there an ability you'd rather have?

own answers:
    Spoiler:

On a separate note, icycatelf linked an AI fakemon generator some time ago:

Spent an hour or so generating Ice-type Fakemon on this AI generator. Here are some of my favorites!

View attachment 100890

I'd change the types of some of these though, like Ice/Ghost for #3 and Bug/Ice for #4.

It might be fun to play around with it for a bit and generate some Ice type fakemon and share the ones you like =3

I played around with it for about 30 minutes... these are my favorite ones (one of which got labelled Legendary =o):
    attachment.php

Attachments

• fakemon.png
      fakemon.png
      306.7 KB · Views: 76
    Last edited:
    Back