• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Grand Tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yaziyo

Everyone's favourite Arab
    Years
    As Yaz got closer to the group, he managed to get a good look at them. He saw a teenaged boy with shaggy, olive hair and a grey shirt and a teenaged girl with very fuzzy hair wearing a blue dress and black pants. He also spotted someone sitting in a tree, although he couldn't make out any of that person's features. Following his call, the fuzzy haired girl pulled out a Pokedex and pointed it at him. 'I'm not a Pokemon' he thought to himself as he continued closer to the three-man gang.

Finally, the same girl opened her mouth with a friendly greeting "Hi", she said. Before Yaz could reply, she spoke again, "I see by your Mudkip that you are another beginning trainer,".

"Yeah, hello." Yaz replied, noticing the girl was quite pretty, prompting him to turn on his 'cool'. "Well yeah I just started. Afro, uh Mudkip, was my starter." He shot her a smile.

She then held out her hand, Yaz took it and shook it. "My name is Roisin, ROW-SHEEN," She then inputted, rather pedantically. "What's your name?"

"I'm Ya-..." Yaz started, before being distracted by the person in the tree. He could now identify her as a very attractive girl with blonde hair. This girl, however, was laughing and waving her arms around, apparently unaware of a Kakuna hanging quite close to her head. As he expected, one of her waving arms made contact with the cocoon Pokemon, throwing it upon the ground. The shell cracked and split, as a glowing light emerged from the opening. A large, sharp needle sprung out of the empty shell and a spectacularly loud buzzing sound surrounded them. "Holy sh!t is that what I think it is?!" Yaz half-asked-half-yelled, picking up Afro in one arm and Mudkip in the other.

"RUUUN!" Roisin shrieked, picking up her things and bolting without any consultation.

"What?! Beedrill?!" The girl in the tree yelled, before jumping out, grabbing the other boy and bolting in much the same fashion. After a few seconds of freezing, Yaz followed suit and blindly ran, not taking note of where he was headed. After what was probably a few minutes of running, he could no longer hear any more buzzing.

"You alright guys?" He asked as he let his two Pokemon down onto the ground. Looking around, the noticed that the trees were becoming less dense. "We must be nearly out." He added, continuing onwards.

OOC: This post is probably not very good, I'll admit that. Its 11pm and ive gotta put this in before I go to bed or I wont be able to put a post in til after school tomorow. The ending is a little rushed so my apologies.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2013
    The events seemed to happen in a blur of light. First Kat knocked down the Kakuna... then one Beedrill...then many Beedrill... the next thing Fen knew he was being dragged through bushes and undergrowth through Viridian forest. Fen's body dangled behind Kat's like a rag doll as he flew helplessly through the air, bouncing off of trees, rocks, and logs like a rag doll as Kat pulled him. Finally they slowed to a stop in a thinning area of the forest.

"You alright guys?" a tanned boy asked them.

Fen looked up, barely conscious with twigs and leaves riddled through out his hair and Forest still clutching his head, wide-eyed in surprise. Fen straightened himself out, and brushed the debris from his clothes and looked at the boy.

"Yeah... i'm alright... but who are you?" He asked the boy in a curious but slightly sarcastic tone.

Fen looked down and pulled his arm from Kat's grip, quick to try not to leave the wrong impression on the new trainer.

"My names Fenra Kurai... but please just call me Fenra..." Fen said, immediately following. Without skipping a beat he squinted through the trees and spoke once more.

"I can see the Pewter City limits from here... we should keep going" He said calmly after the other boy introduced himself.

ooc: god that was pathetic... i'm sorry, but lets get out of this freakin forest

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Where the Hell did they come from? Noah didn't wait for an answer from himself, he just sprinted. The boy heard someone scream, but he didn't bother turning around. His face hit off loads of low tree branches that were swaying in the trees as he made his legs edge after one another, which resulted in cuts all along his forehead. The Beedril were behind him, he could here the buzz that he had heard when he went to that movie; Zombie Beedril - He hadn't liked that movie, as he had only been five when he watched what was meant to be the third scariest Pokemon movie of all time.

He felt his foot hit something solid, a rock, more than likely, but that didn't matter; what mattered was that he was sailing through the air at quite a speed, and he didn't know where he'd land and what the bug Pokemon would do to him when he hit the surface.

He collided with the gravel head first, had he cracked his head? He wasn't sure. What he did realise was that the Pokemon he was trying to evade were getting closer. Noah scrambled to his feet and slipped again, the Beedril towered over him.

"Come on!" Noah heard a girl's voice yell before a hand grabbed his arm and pulled him through a bush.

Trainer Kat

→ voodoo jungle d r u m s;;
    Years
    OOC:I really don't...have much to say...but for the sake of getting out of this forest, I'll try. xD

IC:
    Kat finally slowed down. The Beedrill swarm seemed to have subsided...at least for now. She was out of breath, and Fen didn't look all that happy at the thrill ride she had just put him through. Panting, she squatted on the ground, arms draped over her knees. Shinx licked her hand gently while Gastly caught his breath. Suddenly, she heard a voice.

"You alright guys?" a tanned boy asked them.

Kat looked up, still panting. It was the boy from earlier. The boy who Roisin had talked to before the Beedrill attack. She hadn't gotten a good look at him before, but now she could see him fully. He had lovely olive skin, curly hair, and prominent eyebrows. She was almost at eye level with the Mudkip and Oddish by his feet. Mudkip...that meant he most likely...

"Are you a new trainer too?" Kat blurted out. "Oh, and I'm Kat Lee." She smiled once at him before drawing her attention back to Oddish and Mudkip. "Aren't you two cute?" she cooed, lightly rubbing Oddish with her index finger. Standing, she returned to her usual place on Fen's arm. Fen looked down and pulled his arm from Kat's grip, quick to try not to leave the wrong impression on the new trainer. Kat shot a huffy glare his way before emitting a sigh.

"My names Fenra Kurai... but please just call me Fenra..." Fen said, immediately following. Without skipping a beat he squinted through the trees and spoke once more. "I can see the Pewter City limits from here... we should keep going" He said calmly after the other boy introduced himself.

Kat nodded. "Yeah, we totally should get out of here. I don't want to think of those Beedrill coming with us..." A chill passed down her spine. Her eyes locked with the new boy's. "You should come too. After all, it's my fault they attacked in the first place..." She rubbed the back of her head with one long, sleeved hand. Shinx bounded up onto the top of her head, Gastly in tow.

Kat immediately wrapped her arms around Fen's once more. No way he was getting away this time. Dressed identically, the two certainly were a strange pair. "Well..?" She looked up at Fen, giving him a grin. "Shall we go...Fen-Fen..?" A small giggle escaped her lips as his pet name returned after hours of not being uttered.

Omega Saikon

The Highest Power
    Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2015
    Is it too late to join, Trainer Kat?

EDIT: Just noticed the too far in part of the first post, sorry for bothering you and this RP.

EDIT2: To the kindness of Trainer Kat, I'm in! =]

Name: Autumn "Auto" Hues

Appearance:Not tall or short. Medium in height and thin, though he's far from being stick thin like you'd think. Thin, with a lightly tan face. His hair is absolutely lovely. Although he has nice, smooth, and suave long hair that reaches his shoulder, he looks quite the gentlemen. Light brown eyes, hazel in a way, but mostly that light autumn brown that brings out his hair even more than he'd like it to. He has that charm in such a gentlemen as well.

Mentioned previously, descent but in good shape. Wearing only a large baggy hoodie with one pocket in the middle of the bottom-- like most sweaters designed in that way-- and a hood that he almost never brings above his ears, which is blue, but the sleeves are white. He would mostly wear that, but he prefers to wear a regular white t-shirt any day if the weather suits it. For the bottom part of his normal attire, he would wear jeans, slightly faded and baggy. Auto also wears some blue and white Nike's.

Personality: Cool, calm, casual, solemn, and occasionally forward with a lot of things. Unafraid to speak his mind, and he rarely makes a big deal out of anything; whatever happens is pretty much cool with him, he never argues. Not depressed, he never hangs his head in sorrow, and he tends to stick out in a crowd from the things he does, say, and the way he presents himself.

Sensitive to his physical appearance, namely his freckles, hair, and height, he tries not to take crap from anyone even though it looks like he would. He'd fight back, but in the most calm and mature way, you wouldn't even know that he gets angry. He does though, occasionally, but mostly only in fights with his parents or older and younger siblings. He doesn't try to be 'cool' or 'popular', in fact he'd rather not be those things, and simply prefers to be himself.

History: Auto was born into a family of all girls, excluding his dad of course, but it resulted in him receiving a somewhat 'girly' name. He hated it. He really hated the name Autumn. On several occasions he considered going by his last name, but came to the conclusion of "Auto" for a nickname. Not many know his full name, and if they find out Auto makes them swear secrecy to it-- his sisters always spill the beans when he has friend over though, he hates them too.

He was also born into a family of girly Pokemon trainers, even though his sisters were all Photographers or Researchers, Auto would be the only Pokemon Trainer officially. Even his Dad, who had ended up a Pokemon Ranger, and his Mom a Breeder. What a name he had to live down, and he couldn't stand it in that God-forsaken house any longer. Believe it or not, he ran away, but it wasn't like he had no where to go, he had the Pokemon Journey to look forward to. He returned home later on, but his family didn't even recognize he was gone. What parents he had.

A while after he turned 15, he decided he finally wanted a Pokemon, but he hadn't decided which one. He never even bothered trying to get one, because he was lazy. But then he heard of this Pokemon Contest over the radio. He had entered, and had been luckily chosen as a winner.

RP Sample: I don't have enough time right now to write something up, so I'll post something that I wrote before. If you want me to edit it and write one now, just PM me and I'll do it when I can. But for now:

The silent symphony of the lake was rudely interrupted by the futility of the trainer that had come to me and this new 'friend', if I can even deem him one. This trainer, bearing an eye piece and gray hair, had said, "You there. How dare you occupy this territory. This is 9:00, not whatever time you make it out to be!" with a slight chuck and smirk.

Who does this guy think he is, the FBI on donuts with some coffee asking us what we're doing out by this lake this late stunning night. Some nerve this guy has…

"And what are you doing here, may I ask? We have the right to be out here as much as you do, I assume. What are you, some Rocket? Hah…" I said, trying this guys patience, while Sceptile started to growl, and he seemed to get mad at something. This sudden act had now suppressed me, being that so many things had happened, in so little time.

Again, another interruption had occurred, being that a shadowy figure had simultaneously emerged out of the thin woods that were beside the lake. I quickly squinted to see if I had recognized the figure, and I noticed it was a female, dressed in some weird attire, and she seemed to have some weapon in her hand. I heard Sceptile behind me, wet and all, breathing hard.

"Who are all of these people Auto?", the grass Pokémon whispered into my ear.

"I don't know, but I'm about to find out. Sceptile, can you battle or no? Actually, no, it's a better idea if you don't." I simply and calmly replied.

"What are you all doing here?" said the shadowy figure, that was still blurry to my eyes hence it was all dark, with no light, while we're entwined only with only the brusque moonlight. Again, I was attacked with suppression, this is all beginning to blur again.

No, not again. The smoke might still be getting to me, I hope the fire doesn't broaden to this thin forest. Well I can always use Sceptile and help me clear it all out. Oww, my head, I think I have a headache. Migrains hurt…

I turned my head swiftly, a blank expression on my face, and looked at the trainer with the Erureido and he simply looked at me. I turned back and replied to the question, "I need help and shelter from the fire in the near village. Any chance you can help me and my injured Pokémon?"

Last edited:

Trainer Kat

→ voodoo jungle d r u m s;;
    Years
    OOC: Oh, goodness, your sample doesn't have to be about your character. It's just so I can see if you're good enough. Which you are. Bulbasaur for your starter.

Marilyn-I PMed you. Basically, just so everyone's aware, Marilyn's in if she chooses to wait until Lavender to begin. xD

AND WITH THAT, SIGN UPS ARE CLOSED. PERIOD. NO MORE.

Jim

Dinner
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Dec 25, 2011
    OOC: Oh, goodness, your sample doesn't have to be about your character. It's just so I can see if you're good enough. Which you are. Bulbasaur for your starter.

Marilyn-I PMed you. Basically, just so everyone's aware, Marilyn's in if she chooses to wait until Lavender to begin. xD

AND WITH THAT, SIGN UPS ARE CLOSED. PERIOD. NO MORE.

I thought Bulbasaur was off-limits ;_;

Nevermind... Eggs ;D

Also Roisin is kind of lonely...

Last edited:

Yaziyo

Everyone's favourite Arab
    Years
    "You alright guys?" Yaz asked as he let his two Pokemon down onto the ground.

The two trainers which he made the great escape with looked up at him, slightly dazed. There was the boy from before, upon his head, grapsing for dear life, was a young looking Treeko. The boy's arm was attached to the pretty girl who was sitting in the tree prior to the beedrill incident. With the girl was a cute little Shinx and a sinister looking Gastly. Yaz then noticed something he didn't notice before, they were both wearing the same thing. Was it some sort of uniform? Or were they extreme lovers or honeymooners or something? It was strange though, because the clothes, consiting of a grey shirt and black jeans, fit very loosely on the girl while the on the boy they were quite tight. It was as if they decided to buy one size, disregarding the fact that diferent bodies required diferent sizes.

The boy broke Yaz's observeration, "Yeah... i'm alright... but who are you?" he said, answering Yaz's initial question while disconnecting himself from his female traveling partner.

"I'm Ya-" Yaz started, before being interupted by the girl.

"Are you a new trainer too?" She eagerly asked, eyeing his Mudkip and Oddish. "Oh, and I'm Kat Lee." She then added almost immediately. He decided to give her a few seconds of silence before he chose to reply, for the sake of being able to fully answer a question. Opening his mouth to reply, Kat interjected once more very sweetly, "Aren't you two cute?" . His heart jumped, before realising she was talking about his two Pokemon as she lowered herself down and stroked Oddish, much to its amusement.

Attempting to input once more, he was, one more, cut off. "My names Fenra Kurai... but please just call me Fenra..." The boy, now known as Fenra, introduced. He then squinted through the trees ahead as Yaz began to get quite frustrated, seeing an opportunity to introduce himself once more, he opened his mouth. "I can see the Pewter City limits from here... we should keep going" Fenra slotted in, right on time.

Finally, Yaz blurted out, "I'M YAZ!", before smiling and putting his hand through his hair, satisfied.

The two paused for a moment before continuing as if nothing had happened. Nodding, Kat said "Yeah, we totally should get out of here. I don't want to think of those Beedrill coming with us..." She shivered for a moment before looking directly into Yaz's eyes, "You should come too. After all, it's my fault they attacked in the first place..."

Unsure if it was safe to reply, Yaz was silent for a moment before realising the two were staring at him. "Yeah, sure. I'll come with you." he replied, amazed that he was able to get it in on his first try. At this the female of the group reattached herself to Fenra with a large amount of affection, causing Yaz to force himself not to laugh. "Well..?" She cutely said with a grin, while looking up at her partner. "Shall we go...Fen-Fen..?" And at that, the group consisting of what from a distance would appear to be a man and a pair of conjoined twins trekked the rest of the forest.

They were silent for the rest of the trip, Yaz emerged in deep thought about the odd couple. I've never seen such a clingy girl in all my time of chasing girls he thought to himself. Shame, cause shes a fine bit of work. She seems to be firmly set on the other guy, 'Fen-Fen' anyway. More trouble than what its worth. With this, he felt a load come off his chest and released a grin, knowing that he wasn't interesting in impressing this girl. Say, what happened to that brunette chick from before? Hell yeah, Roisin wasn't bad at all., his mind quickly shifting to a new task.

Finally, at the end of the forest, the group arrived at a gate house. With a sigh of relief, Yaz entered through the door.

OOC: I actually enjoyed that post, and now I'm done with the damn forest, we need to log that place. :D

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
    To make the long story short, Turquoise got beaten up by that Shuppet, due to the lack of concentration. This makes W. agitated and to make matters worse, that Shuppet chased them around the Forest, firing Night shade after another. It must've take the liking of chasing them, which continued for some time. W. finally found a place to hide, under a damp cave in the edge of the forest.

Peering through it's edge, he saw that mad Shuppet still looking for him. He waited until that Shuppet is out of sight. He came out of the cave exhausted. The take a swig from his canteen and sighed. "That Shuppet's really mad, is'nt it?" he said to Turquoise, who is still badgering about their last battle. "Don't worry! You'll get the hang of it, I promise." he said, wiping his optical aid.

"We need to train on how to battle with ghost types, which is a nuisance..." he added.
    He assembled his telescope and looked around. He saw some bunch of people in the northern edge of the Forest. He recognized them, they were his fellow trainers. He wiped again his optical aid. "Hmmmm.... we should follow them." he said.

"But keep an eye out for Shuppet, it may be sneaking around..." he advised Turquoise.

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2013
    "I'M YAZ" the boy blurted out from seemingly no where.

Fen stood staring at him, wide eyed with his arm still pointing through the forest towards the exit. He lowered his hand slowly, forgetting for a moment he had introduced himself to the boy. Fen shook his head out of his confused trance, finally acknowledging the boy's name. The conversation progressed as Kat expressed interest in leaving before the Beedrill caught up to them.

"Yeah, we totally should get out of here. I don't want to think of those Beedrill coming with us..." She said seemingly still a little shook up, with good reason.

With all of them agreeing, the group set off towards Pewter city and the guard tower separating them from it. Fen took a step then heard something moving on the ground. He froze for a moment and looked down at the ground to see a rather tired out and beaten Noah.

"Hey there, Mankey boy.... when did you get here?" Fen said curiously, looking down at Noah.

before he could get an answer, Kat had looped her arm around his again and darted off towards the tower, pulling him and Forest along behind her. They eventually arrived at the guard tower, safe from Viridian Forest and the Beedrill. Fen immediately began to think about what lay ahead of him. An important match... him and that girl Roisin against the leader, Brock...Fen walked to the wall, and plopped against it and slid down slowly to the floor to take a rest, forgetting Kat was still looped around him, he pulled her along with him. Fen let out an exhausted sigh and rested his head between his knees for a moment.

"A gym match coming up so soon and i haven't even battled with my new Slakoth....I need to train...." He said quietly to himself.

Omega Saikon

The Highest Power
    Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2015
    A young man with silky long brown hair gasped for breath as he was seen coming out of a long walkway called Route 1 and into PalletTown. He knelt down and put his hands on his knees as he tried to calm himself and catch his breath. It seemed that he had run for miles without stopping and was rushing for something. This boy's name was Autumn Hues, Auto for short. He finally got up, and began to keenly look around as if he was lost. He walked and walked, until a large facility caught his eye. He jumped slightly as if he had been scared from a horror movie, and began to run towards this building. As he got closer, he read what said on the sign next to this building and he read "Pokemon Laboratory," out loud.

Once he got in front of the door, he knocked hastily until a man in a snow white coat covering a blue polo shirt stepped outside.

"You're late, Auto." He said with a grin.

"Yeah, sorry about that, Professor Oak." Replied Auto.

"Well, here's your Pokemon," he said as he walked inside and motioned for Auto to follow him inside and through a door until they reached to what seemed to look like a lab with many computers. "I've left you with a Pokemon that has a personality corresponding to yours from that Radio Contest, son. It"s a Bulbasaur, a grass-type Pokemon." Said Oak, handing Auto a red and white Pokeball. "Also, your mom sent me things that she wanted to give you as gifts but forgot." Oak handed Auto a pair of black gloves that were cut halfway up each finger, as well with a blue and silver watch, a blue, white and silver fitted hat that had a Pokeball which had blue substituted for the red in a standard Pokeball, and a black Pokebelt. Auto had taken everything with such surprise. He immediately put on his brand new Poketch, his new hat which he put on backwards and his gloves along with his Pokebelt.

"And this, is from me of course." Said Oak as he handed Auto a royal blue colored Pokedex and 5 Pokeballs. "It's blue because I saw all that blue your mother was giving you, so I concluded that you must like that color." Said Oak with a chuckle.

"Thank you so much Professor… I can't explain how much I appreciate this, really." Retorted Auto, as he clipped the 5 empty Pokeballs to his Pokebelt.

"Abra, come out!" said Professor Oak as he reached into his lab coat and pulled out a Pokeball and released a Pokemon that was many shades of brown and gold. "This Pokemon will teleport you to the entrance of PewterCity. All you've got to do is touch him on his head. Abra, teleport."

"Like this-" said Auto as he had been cut off from Abra's teleport, he had seen a flash of light and felt his body being squished together from all dimensions of his physical self.

Auto opened his eyes and was dazzled by gold and green; he had no idea what had happened, he only knew that he was lying on what seemed to be leaves and twigs. Struggling to draw breathe into his lungs that felt flattened, he blinked, trying to rid the blur off his eyes and realized something had moved in front of him. He closed his eyes hard once more and let his eyes fully open; a small green creature with dark green spots on it had appeared in front of him; he was startled so he jumped and got back, the Pokemon also taking a few steps backwards. Both Auto and Bulbasaur were staring at each other and making faces as if they had never seen anything like the two before.

"Saur?"

"Are you… my Pokemon?"

"Saur bulba saur saur!" said the creature, nodding his head and sprinting towards Auto with happiness.

"I'm auto," said the trainer as he began to pet his Pokemon with caution. Bulbasaur seemed to be loving the head massage because it started to growl softly.

Cwrrrrrrrrrrrrrk.

Something twitched to the right of both Auto and Bulbasaur as both turned their heads to see what it was. It was another Pokemon, one that looked like turtle because of it's shell. The Pokemon peeked out of it's shell, and slowly came out and revealed it's blue, wet skin. Its body came out completely and the Pokemon stood. Auto quickly reached into his black bag next to him and pulled out his blue Pokedex, scanning the Pokemon in front of him.

"Squirtle, the tortoise Pokemon-"

Before the Pokedex finished speaking about the Pokemon, the Squirtle dashed away in a tremendous amount of speed, obviously scared or startled by the Pokedex blurting out words. It seemed to be like a blue of blue in front of Auto and Bulbasaur's eyes as they both felt the wind and was hit with the golden, crispy leaves that embedded the ground. Bulbasaur growled in anger as he turned his head back the way it was and Auto commenced the head massage once again, still startled about the Pokemon he just saw.

How did I get here… oh yeah, the Pokemon Professor Oak told me to touch. I wonder, how did that get me over here? I do remember him saying something about teleport, but geez, how is that possible?

Auto took his hand off of Bulbasaur's head and stood up, grabbing his backpack and throwing it on his back once more. He also put the Pokedex in the white pocket in front of his blue and white sweater he was wearing. He turned to his right, and then to his left, examining exactly which way to go, but he had no clue. He looked towards where Squirtle fled to, seeing as it was the way which seemed to show more light and began walking, Bulbasaur following his now master, Pokemon trainer Autumn Hues, an aspiring Pokemon Champion.

Marilyn

Music of the Night.
    Years
    Olive trudged down the path, her head hanging low under the hot sun. She was not tired, but it was just so warm. Too warm for her taste. She wished she was home in Lavender, relaxing under the shade of all the trees. Her back was really hurting her now, for she carried a big bag on it. Her brother had specifically asked her to deliver a parcel to Professor Oak immediately. What was inside the parcel? She had no idea, since she was not exactly paying attention to her brother. All she remembered that he said something like "pokemon discovery".

She had been traveling for quite a few days now. From Lavender, she had run a long way, and now she was here, nearing Pewter City. She knew her way through the forests really well, which is the reason why she got to where she was now so fast. Now, her fifth day of travel, all Olive could think about was a rest in the shade and a nice cool shower. She was not too far off; Professor Oak certainly could wait. Olive walked off the path, and deeper into the surrounding trees. She sat down under a particularly large one, and just let all the exhaustion she was hiding inside her out. She sighed heavily, and decided that Professor Oak could wait just a bit longer, while she took a short nap. Seriously, what if she collapsed out of exhaustion? Her health was way more important than him getting his parcel within the hour.

The beam's of sunlight which entered through the leaves shined on her hair, making it look lighter than it even was. She closed her dark olive eyes, and silently dozed off. After what seemed like at least half an hour, Olive woke up with a start. She heard a man yelling, deeper in the forest. She thought of all the possibilities of what those yells were for; a man yelling at his friend or pokemon, maybe a pokemon too. She grunted as she got up, and stretched out her thin legs. She lifted her bag onto her shoulder, and quickly followed the sound. She was not running, just walking at a pace a bit faster than usual. Even if there was trouble, how was she going to help? Wrestle whatever it was with her bare hands? Still, now that she heard it, she HAD to know what it was.

Finally, Olive found the source. An elderly man was desperately trying to climb up a tree, since a bunch of pokemon were attacking his feet. He had grey hair, and dark eyebrows, and was wearing a lab coat. At some point, he must have turned his head, because when he saw Olive, his the corner of his lips turned up, forming a great, big smile.

"Hello!" he called over to her, as if she were deaf. "Please, can you help me? No, you must help me. See that bag over there?" He pointed to a briefcase a few feet away from the tree. Olive nodded slightly, now very interested in the situation. "Well, inside there's a pokeball."

Okay, a pokeball…. What exactly was she supposed to do? "Sorry, but I have no idea what you want me to do…." Her voice trailed off.

"Take the pokeball, release the pokemon inside, and scare off these little guys! Hurry!!!" He yelped as one of the pokemon nipped his feet.

Olive casually walked over to the bag, and opened it up. Boy, this sure was entertaining! She found the pokeball, exactly where it was supposed to be. She grabbed it, and walked closer to the upset pokemon. She had never battled with a pokemon, so she did the first thing that came to her mind. She threw the pokeball at one of the pokemon, and it hit him straight in the chest. Now she was really in for it.
    A red beam flashed as the pokemon who were once attacking the old man were now wanting to kill her. The red beam was probably all their fury, and they were probably preparing for an attack. They had surrounded her, leaving her nowhere to go, nowhere to hide. She had nothing to do, but yell.

" Torchic, use Ember!" the man had jumped out of the tree, and was now yelling out the attacks he wanted the pokemon to perform. It was a little red bird, which stood on two feet. It had no wings, but anyone could make out how fierce it was. It's attack hit the other pokemon, scaring them away. They quickly left the scene, leaving Olive alone with the old man and red bird.

"You see, you aren't supposed to actually throw the ball at the pokemon and hit them. You throw it into the air, which releases it. But still, thank you very much for saving me. Now tell me, what did you say your name was?" The old man asked kindly, gently petting the pokemon's head.

"I didn't. But it's Olive." Olive got the sudden urge to start petting the bird, no she wanted the bird. The battle was the best thing she had ever seen in her life, and now, she just wanted to do that. She had never seen pokemon from this perspective before.

"Olive? Oh, you had to deliver a parcel from Robby! You're his sister which he talks about so much! I am Samuel Oak, and it's nice to meet you. Come with me, I'll bring you to the Pokemon Center. You look famished!" He gently grabbed her hand, and walked with her out of the wood, and into the city. Ah, Pewter City it was.

While at the Pokemon Center, Professor Oak explained her the importance of the package; not that she was actually listening. The pokemon, Torchic, was now seated in her lap, and all her real attention was focused on him. His feathers were so soft, and Olive couldn't help but stroke them longingly. She wanted to keep this pokemon now.

Professor Oak wiped his mouth on his kerchief. "I must be getting along now. There's a whole lot of work left for me at the lab. Thanks again for saving me. I really don't know what I would've done without you. Come along Torchic. We have to go." Then, the most incredible thing happened. Torchic didn't go. He stayed on Olive's lap, a firm look on his face, as to say I'm Staying and You Can't Stop Me.

"Um….." was all Olive could think of saying.

Instead of getting upset, Professor Oak laughed. "That little guy isn't planning on leaving with me. I can't force him to come, so it can only mean one thing. Olive, are you ready to own and work with a pokemon? To keep it as a friend and never hurt it? To train hard and travel?"

Olive was puzzled. What was happening? Train hard, travel? Keep Torchic as her companion? Suddenly, she understood. Professor Oak wanted her to start a pokemon journey with Torchic. "Yes sir! I'll do anything and everything, and I will come out on top!" She was now standing, with a courageous look on her face.

"Hehe, you are ready for this. As my thanks for saving me earlier today, I'd like you to have this." He opened his bag and placed a white electronic object in her hand. He didn't even have to explain; Olive knew what it was.
    "A pokedex? Thanks! I better call Robby and tell him the news. I'm going to need money and a whole bunch of things now. Thank you so much Professor. You just made my life a thousand times better!" For the first time in her life, Olive smiled a big, genuine smile. Yes, this was the real thing. Nothing fake.

Professor Oak left soon after that, leaving Olive alone with Torchic. She called her brother, who said he would send all the things she needed to Pewter City right away. A friend of his was leaving soon, and would arrive here no later than the next day.

After everything was sorted out, Torchic and Olive went up to their room in the Center, where they would be spending the night. All was just as she had dreamed, and snuggling up to Torchic while she slept, she had never felt happier.

Omega Saikon

The Highest Power
    Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2015
    Auto and his Bulbasaur began walking towards nowhere, probably to wherever the most light came from. Bulbasaur had been quiet the whole and and Auto had just been examining his surroundings, not sure where he was or how to get to somewhere with some sort of civilization. That was probably all he could do for now. Auto turned right after a tree had blocked the pathway and then flipped forward as his hat fell off and Bulbasaur avoided Auto's fall.

He had tripped as his foot rolled forward. After rubbing his head and putting his cap back on, he began searching for exactly what he tripped on. He rummaged through some golden and green leaves on the floor, but nothing, until he spotted a big pile of them. He crawled over to it and carefully uncovered the hidden thing.

"WOAHHHHH!"

Auto screamed in terror when the same Squirtle Pokemon he had spotted earlier was hiding in it's shell until he popped out quickly and jumped back. Auto was embarrassed of himself for screaming like a girl, something his sisters would make fun of, even though nobody was there. For a 17 year old, that was pretty embarrassing. Auto then stood up, and faced the Squirtle, they were about 10 feet apart from each other. Auto then looked at Bulbasaur, and his Pokemon nodded.

"Alright, umm... Bulbasaur Tackle?" said Auto, obviously not knowing what attacks that the Bulbasaur was capable of or exactly how to battle at all. After Bulbasaur heard Tackle, he immediately started charging and Squirtle was anger, looking like an angered football player running for the touchdown in Pokemon form. Squirtle easily dodged this attack as it jumped into the air and blasted Bulbasaur with a powerful stream of water coming from its mouth.

"A Water Gun I'm guessing, right? Bulbasaur use Vine Whip!" said Auto as the green Pokemon expanded two vines from under his un-blossomed seed-like thing amongst its back, and threw them at Squirtle with speed. Now the Squirtle had been wrapped up by many layers, and Bulbasaur threw the foe Pokemon against the tree. Squirtle shrieked a bit and fell on a dark green bush. A sudden burst of cries was heard, and Auto began to run towards the cry.

It was Squirtle was crying, holding tight to an Egg which seemed to be encripted with red flames at the bottom of it.

"An Egg? Squirtle, did you find this?"

The blue tortoise-like Pokemon nodded and hugged the Egg even tighter, rubbing the side of it's head on the Egg in affection. Auto felt sorry for the Pokemon and the Egg itself, whatever there was in it.

"Squirtle, I want you to be on my Pokemon team... Want to come and travel with me?" asked Auto as the Squirtle nodded slightly and stopped tearing up. Bulbasaur had now wrapped the egg with its vines and rocked it in the air like a baby, growling softly.

"Alrighty!" said Autp as he unclipped a Pokeball from his Pokebelt and softly tapped it on Squirtle's head. The Pokeball opened and the red stream of light absorbed the Pokemon and the Pokeball dropped out of Auto's hand. The Pokeball began to twitch, but only twice before making a noise of a captured confirmation.

"Bulbasaur, would you carry that for me?" said Auto as he released Squirtle from it's Pokeball. Bulbasaur nodded in agreement and let out a paw to Squirlte. Auto's new Pokemon greeted Bulbasaur back, as Auto asked a question.

"Where is the nearest way to get out of here?"

"Squirt!" retorted Squirtle, pointing to the left.

Dex

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2008
    RPG Mad Trainer Dex!

NAME: Dex Geary

APPEARENCE: sorry. couldnt get a picture on. Spiky, shaggy black hair. Cargo pants, t-shirt with hand painted squirtle. Fingerless gloves, headband with pokeball symbol and trainer belt. Star shaped gyrados around left eye. Bulging backpack.

PERSONALITY: NOT hotheaded. Always makes strategically smart decisions and is not angered easily. When and if angered is a ferocius fighter and will even attack himself if angered sufficiently. Is withdrawn and does not make friends easily or willingly. Is not content to sit still and do nothing. Has an adventorous way about him.

HISTORY: Was born and raised in Lilycove, Hoenn. Member of pokemon Fan Club. Had only one friend Ciela Or "Celly" - a friend of fighting pokemon. Often stared out at ocean. Father worked at Safari Zone. Mother worked at art museum.

RPG SAMPLE: Again, sorry not sure what you mean but this is my first time.

* please: i dont want blaziken or sceptile

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Trainer Kat; I reccomend you to put in big red letters at the top of your first post that sign-ups are closed. ^^ This is the most effective way to keep people from signing up.

Phanima

That servant of the evil one
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2011
    It had been almost an hour since he had first awoken, gone out chasing after Pocky and returned with a new Pokemon by his side. Despite the amount of time that had passed, it was still quite early in the morning and the only signs of life in the center were himself, Pocky and Gulpin as well as Nurse Joy, who had also been quite busy with making preparations for the day. Glancing a quick look towards the trainers' bunkers and then over to the entrance, Kozue finally decided on what he was going to do, when there was no sign of the other trainers or Kassandra.

Letting Pocky and his to-be-named Gulpin on the seat, the blonde haired fem approached the counter where he was greeted by Nurse Joy.

"Ah, good morning Nurse Joy," he started with a tired smile, stifling a yawn in the process, "did a group of trainers come in at all last night?"

"I'm sorry Kozue, the last trainer to come into the center and book a room was a girl named Kassandra," the pink-haired nurse replied sweetly, "oh! I remember she left a message for you very early this morning. She said that she wanted to thank you for inviting her to join you, but decided that going on alone would be best for her."

"No way!" the blonde suddenly exclaimed in surprise, before realising how loud he was being, especially in the early morning. "Mhmm, I guess that's alright...but, what should I do now?" he asked after composing himself.

"I'm sure wherever your friends are, they're safe," Nurse Joy then continued comfortingly, "is there anyway you can contact them?"

"Um, not that I know of..."

"Well, I have a suggestion, how about you give me your Pokedex number, and if I get a call from another center who have seen your friends, I'll page you?"

Things suddenly started looking up. This was perfect!

"Wow, you can do that Nurse Joy?"

"Sure," she replied with a bright smile, quite pleased with how happy the previously distrought Kozue had become.

After a quick scan, the pink-haired nurse returned the ocean blue Pokedex to its owner who had finally come to a decision. He was going to head to Pewter, since according to the map, was the closest home to an official Gym of the Kanto Pokemon League. Hopefully, if Kat and the others were somewhere nearby, he would run into them, and if they passed through any Pokemon Center, Nurse Joy would page him. He was set.

"Pocky, Gulpin, let's go!" he called as he swung his shoulderbag across his back with renewed enthusiasm. "We're going to Pewter!"

The baby blue penguin and the small green blob gave each other puzzled looks before quickly trotting after their trainer, who was already bidding farewell to Joy and was heading out the door.

"If the others are ahead, we better hurry if we want to catch up!" Kozue beamed, jogging on the spot right outside the center as he waited for his partners to follow his lead. "Oh and Gulpin, I'll need to give you a name...mhmm, I was thinking "Berry" or "Oran" since you seem to like those, heheh, but I guess right now we need to go! Oh that's it, I'll call you "Go"! And now that that's settled, Pewter City, here we come!"

With a final wave and a rather loud thank you over his shoulder, the blonde started to jog through the emerald city and towards Viridian Forest, with his two sweat-dropping Pokemon in tail.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back