• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Great Video Game Music Challenge! [Over!]

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
    Years
    Day 33 - Genre Challenge II - 2D Platform

When it comes to choosing a song from a 2D Platformer, I think I have one in mind. Course the series the game is from started was 2D, but later became 3D. The track I have in mind is Raid on Ceres (Ridley Escape) from Super Metroid. Course I have not played the game, but I did watch a walkthrough of it.

Bay

Years

My dad has some interesting shooter platformers from the classic NES era, and Blaster Master is one of them. I remember when watching him play I thought the little car and the protagonist was cute. Can't remember if I really played it. I probably did but failed miserably, haha.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
    Didn't post for Day 32 'cause I couldn't think of one. :(

Klonoa definitely needs more love. May not be the most innovated or well known (understandably) platforming series out there, but the games definitely have their charm.

pkmin3033

It's something you'll probably listen to for hours upon hours upon HOURS in any game that requires you to fight enemies - so that's most games, then - because the concept of changing up the music as you progress is something foreign to most developers. It's the Battle Theme! For today's challenge, post your favourite, and share a bit of insight about how you managed to not get bored of it despite hearing it constantly.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
    Day 34 - Your Favourite Battle Theme

I don't care what people said and say about DMC, but I'm so in love with its soundtrack. Its Combichrist and every time i hear "Never Surrender", i get my blood pumping, and I get some demon faces popping.

I will suffer
    I will burn
    Let hate prevail
    Enslave my soul
    But I'LL NEVER SURRENDER!!!

L'Belle

I am beauty!
    Years
    This one is my favourite:

It looks like a really normal battle theme at first, but somehow I love it. I like Japanese style music anyway

Dracowyn

Hell's Traffic Accident
    Years
    Probably my fave. And one I heard a ton since I completed the game about 14 times. It plays as the battle theme in the final dungeons Derris-Kharlan and Vinheim. As well as in the extra dungeon Niflheim: the Forbidden Anamnesis.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
    Day 34 - Your Favorite Battle Theme

Sky Dragon Slash!

The Grandia series in general have awesome battle themes. They might be lacking in the character and story department, but man, the battle system and music more than make it up for me. This one is definitely the most memorable for me and has stuck with me since I first played the game.

pkmin3033

Day 35 - A track you listen to outside of the game it features in

A lot of us will listen to our favourite video game pieces even when we're not playing the game; video game soundtrack is often released commercially or uploaded onto Youtube to be listened to separately. It's not just background noise, after all. So for today's challenge, post a track you listen to outside of the game it features in, and tell us a bit about it~

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
    Oh, I missed thirty-three days, haha... Well, I guess I'll jump in from the latest and slowly work my way up for the previous ones.

Calling! I have my iPod hooked up to my car, so I listen to this almost daily. Now, I don't actually WANT to listen to this song - don't get me wrong, I love the track - but there are 1500+ songs on my iPod, how is that this one manages to come out on top? As a result, I can probably sing this song from memory.

Spoiler:

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
    Years

This is a tough decision to make since I have a lot of video game music on my iPod Touch. Course if I have to choose one, I would have to go with Suicide Mission from Mass Effect 2. I like this song a lot that it is listed in my 25 most played songs according to iTunes.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years

Well, I mean there's numerous songs that can fall under this category. Video game music is mostly what I listen too, so instead of just narrowing it down to a favorite, I'll just pick something I've been listening to recently. Tried a bit of 7th Dragon a few days ago, and I instantly found the battle theme catchy. Even with the short time I had playing, I'm now convinced to buy the new 7th Dragon entry that comes out next month here in NA. :)

Bay

Years
    Day 34 - Your Favorite Battle Theme

I like this theme better than the one for the random battles, though both are great. This one plays during the optional underground and some of the battles were pretty fun. There's one I was unable to get through, and it's this one guy with this dog. If you don't get the ring target right, the dog instantly kills you, and then enough misses the guy throws a meteor at you lol.

Sometimes I feel like the slow jazz version of Phoenix's theme, so I tend to play that as background music a lot.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years

Oh boy, its time for people to share their musical preferences eh? okay in my side, whenever I'm playing League of Legends, I mute the music volume because as I love League like i always did, its stock music on Summoner's Rift is just not the thing for me, so I listen to other music in order to keep myself blood pumping in order to deliver the ass whoppins so..

Dynasty Warriors 6 may have been a disaster of a DW game compared to those before and after it, but its music is often i cite as being one of the more magicificent ones in my humblest opinion. Here's one track I play whenever I'm playing a Ranked game in League because whenever I'm playing ranked, I need to be hyped but also concentrated enough to help my team win, be not a troll, be cooperative, hard carry if I have to, and I'f I'm playing my signature Xin Zhao. Also, Genius Sanctuaries is one of the more compelling Wu Zhang Plains battle themes in the series, and if I'm in the last game in my ranked series before promotion, this is one of the many tracks I listen to.

Its basically how i see it. League of Legends is a battle between two armies and their respective generals or heroes. Blue Side and Red Side. Like the battle between Shu and Wei led by Zhuge Liang and Sima Yi respectively, a ranked game between two teams is a battle between skills, wits, dedication, pride, honor, and manliness.

(i was almost close to putting up NON Video game music since its actually what i listen to more often when playing League xD)

pkmin3033

Been a while now since we had one of these! You guys know the drill by now - check out the image under the spoiler tag, and then post a track that you think would suit it, or you were reminded of by it, and share your thoughts~

Spoiler:

Oh, and for anyone interested - unless you guys want to keep going, this will come to an end after 50 days. After that, I have vague plans for a bi-weekly event :3

Dracowyn

Hell's Traffic Accident
    Years
    Day 36 - Scenery Challenge IV

It really makes me think of the Noctilum continent in Xenoblade Chronicles X. So I'll go with this theme:

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years

The scene reminds me of a relaxing and calming place but with that sort of impending doom sense vibe. I feel like that pink and purple shroom forest is going to be invaded with some hellspawn and mitochondriac bio spawn.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years

First thing that came to mind was how similar the landscape is to Terra in FFIX. Those mushroom looking structures, and the feeling of emptiness from an apparently lifeless world definitely give me the same vibes. A nice picture indeed.

Back