• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] The International Idol Star Festival/Tournament! [T]

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
Years
  • Speaking of cutesy and garbadorable pokemon, I'm having Eric capture a Trubbish asap so he can can trash talk people

Seriously though, are we going to have chances to capture new mons?

Ewery1

Local Red Panda
    Years
  • Speaking of cutesy and garbadorable pokemon, I'm having Eric capture a Trubbish asap so he can can trash talk people

Seriously though, are we going to have chances to capture new mons?

Why would you? This isn't that kind of RP, there isn't much of a reason to. Your secondary Pokemon probably won't even be used a ton so why would you want a tertiary Pokemon I doubt it will be used at all.

Junier

Fake Friends Forever (´・ω・`)
    Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2019
    I forgot to add in a silly mugshot for Carcol, but I see you improvised on that detail. Is Carcol going to be exclusively characterized by his flawless hairdo? Not that he would personally mind.
    New canon detail: Carcol was mainly permitted into the competition because of his star-quality hair

But true, this ain't no Megaman. The first few and last few gym leaders would of course be in a linear order but I'd like having two or even three gym leaders in the middle of the game being really up to the player in which one they wanted to take on first (not completely optional, though; wth Hoenn).

u sayin Johto was bad m8, u wunna fite my lv. 98 typflosion
    Actually the Johto games, specifically the remakes, are the only ones I'm totally reluctant to play because of the nasty grinding and high chance of being near-penniless.

Man, screw Unova. Why did Team Plasma immediately dissolve into Team Rocket 4.0? Why did Ghetsis explain he was evil on Twisted Bridge like that? Why did the final showdown derail me from my original goal and force me to wait until post-game to battle the Champion? Gross, gross, gross.

Seriously, what the hell was that thing Lysandre was wearing. I did not pick up what it was first time playing through. He just storms in with his weird buzzy backpack on and he's like "ENOUGH IT IS TIME FOR THE FINAL FISTICUFFS " and it's...

No...

Literally all of Kalos' "friends" (not even rivals, it's like Game Freak is self-aware) are there to boost your ego. Especially Trevor. He really bugs me, how he always has conveniently less Pokemon registered in the Pokedex than me. That's worst than him beating me at an activity I think is pointless and being smug about it, I think.

Speaking of Ash and the anime: *Weepingbell closes its eyes.* Serena: "IT CLOSED ITS EYES!!"

I don't see the starters getting anything other than what's expected ability-wise, unfortunately. Then again, I ain't got no proof. You know what would really shake up the starter dynamic? Making the starters other typing that Grass, Fire and Water! Maybe the traditional types could be secondary typing instead, or just omitted altogether. Some people would probably be horrified at the idea but I personally wouldn't mind.

On the lines of other things I'd like to see, an early-game Ice-type. More ghost types available. A Dark-type gym leader. A game without a Victory Road. A game with antagonists that aren't an evil team!

but damn Ech you's is brutal. I kind of want to go back through every "mainstream" Pokemon game traditionally (barring Gen 1 because ha ha ha ha ha) to reshape my opinions of each one.

Ech said:
    But Goodra is obviously the best when it comes to being plump and cutesy. Anyone who says otherwise is a filthy liar.
    Jaunt's imperialistic way of thinking has rubbed off on you. I'm sorry I couldn't save you...

GETTEM, EWERY, OOOH

No, but Ewery's basically right. It wouldn't be a smart idea to going off to catch a third, completely wild, completely untrained Pokemon if your intention is to actually use it for more than just aesthetic reasons. If you did find a way to get a literal bag of trash into an appeal somehow, Fox, the judges would rip it full of holes. There is no way that thing would be any good at anything and every single one of them would make it crystal clear to poor Mr. Pique.

But if you just want to make it Eric's pet/PR manager after finding it behind a dumpster in Soopapoopa City, then go for it, brah.

Jauntier

Where was your antennas again?
    Years
  • Double post, but no one's gonna check and Ewry's praise deserves to stand alone, rofl

Ech said:
    But Goodra is obviously the best when it comes to being plump and cutesy. Anyone who says otherwise is a filthy liar.

The words "plump" and "cutesy" summoned me.

Have you listened to Goodra in the English anime? It's horrible.

Nothing will ever beat Slurpuff. This is the only goddamned fact.

Jauntier

Years
  • The contest battles all have to be as stiff, anti-climatic, and badly-orchestrated as this.

Ech

Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2018
    Have you listened to Goodra in the English anime? It's horrible.

I hereby announce that I am officially resigning from IIS, PC and possibly from life altogether. I have learned many great things during my one week spent here. I've have my ups, and most certainly my downs, but the most important thing is that I had fun here, albeit at the expense of ruining my credibility as an earnest figure. But I digress! Alas, there comes a time and moment when every woman and man must accept the responsibilities they burden as an individual on this cruel, forsaken world and they must confront their mortality on a personal journey to overcome an ambiguous grief. And after baring witness to the perverted atrocity that was so audaciously presented to me, I feel the need to embark on this perilous journey myself. I shall explore to unknown lands far beyond the horizon, tirelessly seeking out retribution for the sins of man. There will be many perilous dangers ahead and I am uncertain if I can come back to tell my tale. Until then, I bid you all adieu and shall pray on every day and night for your well-being.

Sincerely, Melodramatic Try-Hard Memester Idiot "ECH"

PS, get annihilated Fox. I love you ~ xoxoxo
    Platonically speaking of course, you're too unripe for my tastes.

at least it's not as bad as 4kids dewgong.

Jauntier

Years
  • It's okay Ech. You couldn't have known that Goodra's voice actor is just a mush mouth Scooby-Doo in euphoria. It did a Rain Dance and at the end of the cry I swear to you the voice actor just slopped his droopy jowls from side to side, or slapped a finger up and down his loose lips, like it was bad

Speaking of bad:

Everything from the girls at the beginning to the first Pokemon to Dragonite's expressions.​

Orx of Twinleaf

Branch into Psyche
    Years
  • Rule #WTF of RP etiquette:
    never mention the Pokemon anime

Also: as self-proclaimed Ech-level stalker of the RP, I demand the launching of the IC immediately to satiate my desire for awkwardly-choreographed fuddling with nonsensical spiels from the characters.
    For every fox-year my demands are not met, I will withhold one pineapple from Blarzigord's sacrifice.

also goodra is easily the best so what if one goodra has a doofy voice, sir escargoo probably has a voice like the cool side of the pillow mixed heavily with childlike wonder and razzapple fundip

Reactions: Ech

Junier

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2019
    And in that moment, the future of IIS was annihilated in such an apocalyptic spectacle only the mind of Jauntier could possibly have formulated.

dud you can take ech's spot now. all he left was a note... it really was too late.

I'd request a moment of silence in their honor but I suppose with how grim the future is looking that would be too much to ask for.

Anyone who tries to get a third Pokemon they caught two days ago involved on-stage will be ridiculed beyond redemption. Anyone who calls for their Pokemon to slam a Garchomp against the ceiling WITH ELEGANCE will be shot. On the contrary, if your character is as well-developed and alive-sounding WITH ELEGANCE as Caitlin and Cynthia are here, you will probably, most likely, almost unquestionably win.

rule #WTF of life etiquette:
    never mention the Pokemon anime

SHUT UP ORX YOUR POST IS OVERWRITTEN STOP OVERWRITING ORX, SCREEEEE

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
    Years
  • Why would you? This isn't that kind of RP, there isn't much of a reason to. Your secondary Pokemon probably won't even be used a ton so why would you want a tertiary Pokemon I doubt it will be used at all.

Chest%20pain.jpg

my feelers are hurt

IT WAS A QUESTION OKAY DON'T MAAAKE ME THE SCAPEGOAT OF YOUR MACHINATIONS

Reactions: Ech

Junier

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2019
    DREAMS CAN COME TRUE

WITH ELEGANCE

FOX ENJOY YOUR ELEGANT HEARTBURN

Ech

Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2018
    also goodra is easily the best so what if one goodra has a doofy voice, sir escargoo probably has a voice like the cool side of the pillow mixed heavily with childlike wonder and razzapple fundip

LHyu3FB.png

also, what is happening to this thread, won't the moderators come to mantle our butts for this insolence

Orx of Twinleaf

Branch into Psyche
    Years
  • omg goodra so cute
    MY HEART IS FAILING
    >I will have to find it a tutor, I suppose

Yes, but no, the absolute last thing I need to do
    is pull waifus
    from forum RPs

Ahem.
    By the by, Ms Disclosed, I actually did make up a non-CSS'd application before just deciding not to submit it. I don't know how much of your NPC line-up is already pre-planned, but if'n yo'd want to see it, I'm sure it might have some usable assets in there for you. Also it's my basic principle that anything I give to anybody is no longer mine in any way, so I wouldn't expect its use as-is or any form of recognition for its donation.

Junier

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2019
    why'd i have to wake up to stretch-neck carcol

i don't know if the mods are active enough to pound us for anything

By the by, Ms Disclosed, I actually did make up a non-CSS'd application before just deciding not to submit it. I don't know how much of your NPC line-up is already pre-planned, but if'n yo'd want to see it, I'm sure it might have some usable assets in there for you.
    ...you made a coordinator, right? I mean, I wouldn't know how a coordinator, in the context of the provided application, would fit in as an "NPC". Not sure what you mean by "usable aspects" either but if you have a character and you think there are good enough ideas that you'd want me to make use of them somehow, I'd say just save 'em in case spots open up again and you potentially change your mind about applying.

The NPC cast is mainly just conveniences, like cameramen and shopkeepers, and I also control the judges/secret judges.

Back