• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Challenge] The Monotype Challenge Returns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newfi Cheese

It's Newfi Cheese!
Years
  • Moon Monosteel Finale

This, this is where the game truly began. Hapu is a brutal fight, as I have almost no super effective moves, and Axel is forced to carry. Kommo-o is a joke, Klefki makes sure of it. Oh, I nearly forgot about Lusamine! For good reason, she doesn't have too many bit threats, but her Bewear takes forever to kill. Hau was a fun, but difficult battle, showing me that my team desperately needed some training. After getting everyone to around level 56, I entered the League

Hala was easy as hell, nothing to note here. Same with Olivia. Acerola is when things started heading south. Palossand nearly swept my team, and I had to fight tooth and nail without Klefki. Flying lady was easy (I don't remember her name) Bastiodon tanked Bone Rush from Mandibuzz, and Magnezone swept the rest. Kukui was easier than expected Meteor Mash does a lot of damage! And now for X and Y.... I'm really not excited for the start of this one, you'll see why...

Attachments

• IMG_20190325_194036.jpg
      IMG_20190325_194036.jpg
      147.8 KB · Views: 3
    • IMG_20190325_194039.jpg
      IMG_20190325_194039.jpg
      149.4 KB · Views: 3
    • IMG_20190325_194042.jpg
      IMG_20190325_194042.jpg
      146.1 KB · Views: 4
    • IMG_20190325_194046.jpg
      IMG_20190325_194046.jpg
      151.1 KB · Views: 3
    • IMG_20190325_194049.jpg
      IMG_20190325_194049.jpg
      156.7 KB · Views: 3
    • IMG_20190325_194053.jpg
      IMG_20190325_194053.jpg
      159.7 KB · Views: 3
    Years
  • Pokemon Sun: Mono Dragon Challenge

Overview

You know the drill. Only Dragon-type Pokemon. I chose Gen 7 for this challenge because you can actually get a full team of 6 different fully evolved Pokemon here. In fact, there are eight options on Pokemon Sun (Drampa is Moon exclusive): Salamence, Goodra, Turtonator, Flygon, Garchomp, Alolan Exeggutor, Kommo-o, and Dragonite. The first Pokemon I can obtain is Bagon on Route 3, which is after the first Trial but before the first Grand Trial – so speaking in normal Pokemon game terms, just after the first badge. Until then, I am allowed to use my starter. I chose Litten because it's a Fire type and it's slightly more Dragon-ish than Rowlet or Popplio.

Anyway, this challenge was a LOT harder than I anticipated. Well, the first half of the game anyway. There was a single Pokemon that cut the game in half, challenge-wise. But I'm not going to spoil anything yet.

I had underestimated how hard everything hits from the get-go in Gen 7, being used to a bunch of Tackles and Scratches in Gen 3 and 4, and to a lesser extent Gen 5, the games I usually run. I also had in mind that Gen 7 was super easy, which it really isn't – only Gen 6 is so obscenely easy, they did a lot to balance things out in Gen 7, even with the Exp Share. I guess I hadn't remembered that – this is only my second playthrough of the game ever.

Of course, Gen 7 does have other problems. I've seen the phrase 'hand-holding' on this forum at least a dozen times, but I wouldn't even classify the ridiculousness in this game as 'hand-holding', it's more like handcuffing. You can't EVER explore the game on your own, and it's infuriating to play a game that just feels like one big tutorial at times. Interestingly, this actually makes Monotype challenges harder. Normally, you would go out of your way to obtain the Pokemon you need as early as possible. In Alola, that's impossible, because the game forces you to beat trial after trial before you can even explore the entire island, or catch Pokemon in certain areas.

Despite this one huge flaw in these games, I still had a ton of fun in this playthrough, both with the very tough early game and the pretty easy end game where I had an awesome team to work with.

Gameplay

After choosing Litten, I went through the early game tutorial battles. I soon learned that Sun and Moon really punish you for having only one Pokemon in your team, especially if you play with Exp Share on. Your opponents get pretty strong quickly, and I started losing battles as early as the Trainer School, before I even started the real challenge. The Smeargle guy also took me a couple of tries. The first Trial, however, went in my favor quickly as Litten had just evolved and learned Fire Fang, which made a lot of difference.

I progressed through Route 2 and moved on to Route 3, avoiding as many trainers as possible since I had to box Litten soon. Then the first big grind of the game started as I looked for Bagon. 1% encounter rate, that's 100 encounters on average – but if you're unlucky, it can take several hundreds. Thankfully, I found one after 106 encounters, which still took forever but is not nearly as bad as I thought it would be.

What is pretty bad is how weak Bagon is. It has a solid level-up movepool, but its stats are mediocre at best, and it doesn't evolve until level 30. That means I had to clear the Water, Fire and Grass trials all with a single underevolved Pokemon. Or at least I thought that would be the case. One thing that really helped me is the fact that I somehow managed to find a second Bagon when I wasn't even looking for one. Apparently, it can also be found near the waterside on the first island. I didn't check if it's also a 1% encounter rate there, but I'd think that it is, in which case I got pretty lucky. Since I had already discovered that this game is no joke challenge-wise, I decided to leave the Exp Share turned on, which helped the weaker of the two Bagon to keep up.

With my team of two Bagon, I still got destroyed whenever I tried a Trial without a ton of Potions and X items. In fact, I didn't beat even one Trial first try on the second island. I can't remember blacking out this often in a Pokemon game, like, ever. The hardest part wasn't any Trial, though – it came right after finally beating Totem Lurantis.

I was stoked to finally add something to my team that wasn't Bagon, since I knew Goomy could be found in Lush Jungle. It could only be found when called in a SOS battle, with a 10% spawn chance, but only if it's raining. I figured that would still be better than a flat 1% rate, but I was mistaken. The first thing I had to do was sell a lot of good items so I could buy a TM for Rain Dance, which (thank God) Bagon can learn. Then I had to enter a battle in Lush Jungle, use Rain Dance, wait for the wild Pokemon (anything works) to call a Goomy, and capture it. Easy enough in theory, pretty terrible in practice. Most Pokemon refuse to call for any help, and if they do, half of the time nothing even appears. What's worse, most Pokemon have the infuriating tendency to call for help right after the Rain stops falling. I found that Metapod (10% encounter rate) is the best Pokemon to try this against, since it can't kill Bagon at least. However, I witnessed not one, not two, but three Metapod Struggle themselves to death before I ever managed to capture a Goomy.

It took me at least four hours to obtain a Goomy. Then I found out the next problem – Goomy has worse stats AND a worse movepool than Bagon, AND it doesn't evolve for the first time until level 40. Yeah, I spent four hours hunting for a Pokemon that's almost dead weight for about two-thirds of the game. I have never been this happy with the new Exp Share.

When I reached the third island, my stronger Bagon had evolved into Shelgon, which made things slightly better but still pretty difficult. I went to the observatory, actually beat the Steelium Z guy first try somehow, but then sadly got destroyed again versus Totem Vikavolt. After some more careful X Item calibration, I managed to beat it. Something similar happened with Guzma. After beating him, I finally gained access to Blush Mountain.

That's where the game changed radically. Blush Mountain has Turtonator. I cannot stress how ridiculously awesome Turtonator is. It provided me with a solid, fully evolved Pokemon at a time where I was struggling in every battle with my underevolved stuff. Furthermore, it even helped me as the middle game slowly turned into the end game, as it learns the amazing Shell Smash at level 37. Shell Smash swept so many opponents that are difficult on paper that it's almost not funny anymore. After losing about 20 battles until I found Turtonator, I did not lose even a single battle afterwards.

Pretty soon after finding Turtonator, I also had access to the desert, where I could find both Gabite and Trapinch. Gabite, however, had the same method of encountering as Goomy. The only difference is that I didn't need to set Sandstorm manually, since it's always sandy at night in the desert. All in all, though, it only took me about 20 minutes to… get sufficiently pissed off to settle for Trapinch (10% in the dark sand). Yeah, Goomy gave me nightmares.

Trapinch evolved quickly enough, before I even reached Po Town. I got Goomy to evolve into Sliggoo just after the battles in Po Town, which was right in time for the Aether Foundation (Eviolite helped it survive some attacks here and there). Whenever battles got too rough, I could always count on my MVP, sweet sweet Turtonator. Man that thing is a beast.

After clearing the Aether Foundation, which was pretty doable with my half-decent squad of Shelgon (x2), Sliggoo, Vibrava and Turtonator, I could finally go to Poni Island to complete my team. I captured the level 40 Exeggutor that harasses Lillie, but I found a level 43 Exeggcute soon after, so I replaced it and evolved it with a Leaf Stone. Exeggutor was sadly rather underwhelming – it's defenses weren't that great and its Speed was pretty terrible. The final team member would be Jangmo-o. I found one at level 44 pretty soon, which was rather lucky – its 5% encounter rate was better than Bagon, but worse than Turtonator. It put in some work even while underevolved, so much so that I decided to postpone evolution to milk the boosted Experience for a bit longer. I evolved it into Kommo-o just before the final Trial – Kommo-o versus Kommo-o!

It was on Poni Island that my team quickly transformed from pretty decent into absolutely bonkers. In a timeframe of less than two hours, Vibrava, Jangmo-o and finally Shelgon evolved into their final forms, and I was suddenly the captain of an amazing squad of blood-thirsty Dragons. Only Sliggoo didn't evolve – apparently, Rain Dance doesn't work if you want to evolve it, it needs actual natural Rain to evolve. Yeah, the bastard really made this run so much harder at every turn.

After DESTROYING Lusamine with my Dragons (man that felt so good) and capturing Solgaleo (I felt bad sending it to the Box after Lillie's speech, but rules are rules), I made a quick detour to the rainy Exeggutor Island. In the pouring rain, Sliggoo finally decided it was time to stop bugging me and evolved into Goodra.

I didn't even bother looking up where to find Dratini. My team was awesome and finally complete. Nobody could stop me.

The League was pretty anticlimactic. My team was strong enough that I won every battle without even needing to heal during battles. The only Pokemon I struggled with were Kukui's Primarina and, weirdly, the Fighting guy's Primeape, who was surprisingly quick and killed half of my team with Outrage. Otherwise it was smooth sailing. Normally I would have found an easy end game boring, but there was something deeply satisfying about it this time around. I struggled with the early game so much, with the weak Bagon and Goomy, and now they were part of this amazing unstoppable Dragon squad. I'm Draco, and I'm the Champion of Alola!

Final team

Turtonator lv 57 (Shell Smash, Flamethrower, Dragon Pulse, Flash Cannon)
    Flygon lv 56 (Earthquake, Stone Edge, Dragon Claw, Feint)
    Goodra lv 55 (Rain Dance, Aqua Tail, Ice Beam, Sludge Bomb)
    Salamence lv 55 (Fly, Dragon Claw, Flamethrower, Crunch)
    Kommo-o lv 54 (Poison Jab, Sky Uppercut, Clanging Scales, X-Scissor)
    (Alolan) Exeggutor lv 54 (Grass Knot, Dragon Hammer, Psychic, Leaf Storm)

Order of usefulness:

1. Turtonator. By a landslide. It's the earliest fully evolved Pokemon you can get, it provides amazing coverage on the defensive side, it has good Defense, and it learns Shell Smash. Very impressive.
    2. Salamence. Yeah, despite the awful early game. Bagon was there from the start, and once it evolved into Shelgon it was a decent Pokemon to fall back on. It took a while to fully evolve, but once it did, it had the highest Attack stat in my team, which is pretty awesome.
    3. Kommo-o. It was surprisingly decent from the get-go, and its only real downside is how late in the game you can get it.
    4. Flygon. Its main selling point is Earthquake, but Vibrava really is a lot weaker than Hakamo-o and Shelgon, so it needs to be fully evolved in order to fully function.
    5. Goodra. It was a nightmare to catch and a pain in the butt to evolve, but it has amazing stats, especially Special Defense. In the League it was a pretty awesome tank, somewhat redeeming its awful middle game.
    6. Exeggutor. It was always mediocre. Its comes late enough that its Defenses don't cut it, and its Speed is abysmal. It provides some useful type coverage in theory, but more often than not it doesn't get to actually use its moves.

Years
    • Seen Sep 30, 2020
    Ruby Fighting Monotype Update 1
    3/8​

Progress:
    Spoiler:

Current Team:
    Spoiler:

Newfi Cheese

It's Newfi Cheese!
    Years
  • Y Monosteel Run Part 1

I was very worried about the start of this match since I thought that the only steel type I could get till Glittering Cave was going to be Burmy, which would have been just brutal. But 2 things made this not actually that bad. 1. You can actually nab a Riolu on Route 23, thank goodness, and 2. These games are easy. Like, really easy. Seriously, my pokemon are so overleveled it's absurd. Anyway, back to the game. Picking Bubbles the Froakie, I zoom to Route 23, completely ignoring poor Burmy, and picking up Goku the Riolu. After a bit of training, I fought through Viola, and headed through to Parfum Palace. You can actually grab a Honedge, so I caught Sephiroth the Honedge, and Goku evolved into Lucario! I tore through to Glittering Cave, where I can catch 2 new pokemon, but holy crap, these things took a long long time to catch, but I picked up Stabitha the Ferroseed and Clair the Mawile. These guys took a good bit to train up, but since I was using Exp Share (maybe a mistake) Goku ended up at level 31 and Sephiroth was level 30. I hadn't even challenged the second gym! I do manage to crush poor Grant, and I'm off to Geosenge city! I expect this game to be easy, but we'll see!

Daysonyx

I'm just a little bit of a derp
    Years
  • So I know in the original post, that ROM hacks can't be considered for Ultimate challenges, but i wanted to know if an exception could be made for challenge/all mon hacks, since they naturally make the game harder (and the point of the monotype challenge (as I understand it, at least) is to make the game more challenging by limiting options, so a more difficult hack would naturally compliment that increased challenge. I ask because i want to attempt a few ultimate challenges, and would really prefer to play them using drayano60's rom hacks for platinum, HG/SS, and B2/W2 for the respective generations. In exchange to having access to more pokemon than in the base versions of the games in those hacks, i'd personally limit myself to pokemon introduced in that generation. For instance, in gen 2 i couldn't use any dark types (in a dark ultimate) from gens 3, 4, 5, 6 or 7.
    ((that rule only applying for the rom hacks))

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    So I know in the original post, that ROM hacks can't be considered for Ultimate challenges, but i wanted to know if an exception could be made for challenge/all mon hacks, since they naturally make the game harder (and the point of the monotype challenge (as I understand it, at least) is to make the game more challenging by limiting options, so a more difficult hack would naturally compliment that increased challenge. I ask because i want to attempt a few ultimate challenges, and would really prefer to play them using drayano60's rom hacks for platinum, HG/SS, and B2/W2 for the respective generations. In exchange to having access to more pokemon than in the base versions of the games in those hacks, i'd personally limit myself to pokemon introduced in that generation. For instance, in gen 2 i couldn't use any dark types (in a dark ultimate) from gens 3, 4, 5, 6 or 7.
    ((that rule only applying for the rom hacks))
    I believe if it's just a hack of the region with just an update pokedex, increased difficulty, etc, then it's allowed. ddrox (spirit shackle) recently finished an ice monorun on renegade platinum and i've seen monoruns done on hacks like volt white. so if it's like those hacks you should be fine with playing them on those!

Last edited:

Daysonyx

Years
  • I believe if it's just a hack of the region with just an update pokedex, increased difficulty, etc, then it's allowed. ddrox (spirit shackle) recently finished an ice monorun on renegade platinum and i've seen monoruns done on hacks like volt white. so if it's like those hacks you should be fine with playing them on those!

But aren't rom hacks banned from being used in ultimate challenges? That's why im asking lol ((cause i thought they were, but i may have misread/misundersttod))

Daysonyx

Years
  • oh, okay! tysm for the response(s)!

Uh gonna submit my challenge form now, then:

Name: Daysonyx
    Game(s): Sacred Gold, Emerald, Renegade Platinum, Volt White, Wilting Y, Ultra Sun
    Type: Dark
    Challenge: Ultimate

My next post will be the mons i plan to use in sacred gold.

Daysonyx

Years
  • discussion of planned team:

Spoiler:

First Part:

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    But aren't rom hacks banned from being used in ultimate challenges? That's why im asking lol ((cause i thought they were, but i may have misread/misundersttod))
    that's the question i was just answering. I've seen them being used in monoruns and I've seen Volt White being used in an Ultimate before. Again you can always double check but again as long as it's the same game like hack ( Renegade Platinum, Volt White, Liquid Crystal i think is one? ) but with extras / full pokedex it should be alright.

Last edited:

Raven Valt

You gave me power in your gods name.
    Years
  • I think as long as the rom hack isn't changing of the fundamental storyline of the game it's fine, the every pokemon catcable hacks and difficulty increased ones are prime examples of this.

Newfi Cheese

It's Newfi Cheese!
    Years
  • Y Monosteel part 2

A lot happened, but nothing really exciting. I won't be catching any new Pokemon for a long while, and my team is honestly really solid. Sephiroth evolved into Doublade, and Stabitha evolved into Ferrothorn. Korrina got swept by Sephiroth's Aerial Ace, and he basically couldn't be hit
    Serena wants to battle every 30 seconds, but they're all weak to bug so Pin Missile sweeps pretty easily. Ramos, Clemont and Valerie were all jokes, honestly this game is way easier than I remembered, I'm just tearing through it, in ready for a challenge. I don't foresee anything putting up a fight, but we'll see.

budube

Hi I'm Cube
    Years
    • Age 24
    • She / They
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    Boy, if I knew this was a thing I would've posted my all type monotype runs of Pokemon Gaia here

fenberry

Lover <3
    Years
  • Forum User Name: Fenberry
    Game(s): Sun
    Pokémon Type: Fire
    Single/Ultimate/Free Mode?: Single

Years
    • Seen May 12, 2019
    Platinum Ground Monotype pt.1 : Badges 1-6​

For Platinum, I was able to start off with a ground type with Turtwig, eventually at least. Decided to name him Donatello after my favorite ninja turtle. I quickly added Boulder the geodude and Snakey the Onix to my team before the first badge. Donatello evolved during the battle with Roark, which was easy enough.

On the way to Gardenia, I added Sheldon the shellos, and picked up a bidoof for future slavery. The fight against Gardenia was a little tough with the weaknesses, until I realized Donatello had bite, which I used for the whole fight afterwards.

I got into some scuffles with the Rocket clones and met up with Cynthia. I also added Kite the gligar and Chompy the gible to the team and boxed Snakey. Took a while to find Chompy, but it was worth it, especially after I immediately fed him the earthquake TM. By the time I went after the third badge, Chompy and Boulder had also evolved. Once again, Donatello and bite owned the day.

I wasted no time getting to the fourth gym, but took a little detour south to get a razor fang and evolved Kite. The main fight for the fourth badge wasn't too bad, and I got lucky and 1 shot lucario with an earthquake.

Nothing changed team wise for the fifth badge. The move tutor's thunder fang for Kite allowed me to 2 shot gyarados, and razor leaf 1 shot quagsire. Floatzel was dangerous with ice fang, but I pulled through.

After the fifth badge, I grabbed a staravia for defog and fly, since Kite can't learn fly? I was also able to trade evolve Boulder. A quick stop at the Iron Islands added Solidsnake the steelix to the team, finally making it 6. Sheldon also evolved, leaving only Chompy's final evolution to go.

The battle for the sixth badge wasn't bad. Earthquake 1 shot magneton, surf 1 hit steelix, and earthquake 2 shot bastiodan. I did a few more miscellaneous things before deciding to take a little break. Plan to finish off this game in a day or two, and move onto the next.

Some pics: https://imgur.com/a/cVUNULc

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Water Monotype Challenge - First Update
    Platinum | Peaches

40px-Coal_Badge.png

Okay so I know there's my other two parts of this challenge I still need to finish but I had to start this one when I finally got my Shiny Piplup! I was hunting it even before I decided to do Water Monoruns on everything and since Piplup is water I figured it'd be perfect to use it for the challenge when I finally got it. So that said we begin Platinum! I did get further in Black but I'll be updating that one once I beat Cheren and his damn Serperior oof.

Anyways, we begin the journey with none other than Coba the Shiny Piplup from Professor Rowan! What a beauty he is! After we receive him and beat our rival (who isn't Polo in this run because of starting this file before the monorun but I can't... remember what I named him oops) we went to the lake, and... met this weird guy who was talking about weird things. Rival wanted to catch the legendary Pokemon there but no Pokeballs so to Professor Rowan's lab we went instead.

After all that initial stuff and telling our mother about our journey we set out on our way! During our trek to the first gym we caught Figy the Bidoof! We did a few thing in Jubilife City like meet with Looker and find some clown for our Poketch and then we made our way through Oreburgh! And of course, beating our rival a second time between Jubilife and Oreburgh.

When we got to Oreburgh we had to hunt down the gym so we went to some mines to do so. Once we got him into the gym we instantly went to go and face the gym which was, of course, stupid easy because we just had Coba use Bubble on everything. After beating Roark Coba evolved into a Prinplup! What a good start to this run so far haha.

We're going to train Figy up a bit so he can evolve and then probably by then be able to catch our third member. Then people a lot of grinding because our next gym isn't going to be so easy, being grass at all. We'll find out next time!

prinplup.png

Coby (Prinplup) ♂
    Lax | Torrent | Level 16
    Pound, Metal Claw, Bubble, Peck

bidoof.png

Figy (Bidoof) ♂
    Bashful | Simple | Level 10
    Tackle, Growl, Defense Curl

HM Slaves
    none yet

starryAstrophysicist

Gazing up at the sun, moon, and stars
    Years
  • Forum User Name: starryAstrophysicist
    Game(s): FireRed, Silver, Emerald, Platinum, White, X, Moon
    Pokémon Type: Electric
    Single/Ultimate/Free Mode?: Ultimate

I've done a bunch of these individually but never posted about it in previous iterations of this forum. Hopefully, I can keep a regular update schedule this time.

Years
    • Seen May 12, 2019
    Platinum Monotype Part 2: Badges 7-Champion​

After getting my sixth badge, I headed for Mt. Coronet to go north for the seventh. Inside Coronet, I found my first ever random encounter (no breeding/chaining) shiny in Nosepass. I was worried because I hadn't bought any pokeballs in game yet and wasn't sure what I had. Luckily, I was able to catch him!

I made my way to Snowpoint and quickly went to challenge the gym. The battle wasn't too bad. Rock Smash took care of sneasel and surf Mamoswine. The challenge was Abomasnow who started wrecking me. I was able to whittle away his HP and grabbed the win in the end.

With the path to the final badge blocked, I went off to take care of Team Galactic. I also added Wooly the Swinub to the party, replacing Boulder. I made quick work of the Rocket wannabes, and then climbed through Coronet to the top. I followed Cynthia into a strange portal...I would follow her anywhere...and caught Giratina because why not?

After that little side quest, I was finally able to grab the final badge and clear the way to the League. As you would expect, I wrecked the final gym, 1 hitting everything with earthquake. Luxray was a little dangerous with his various fang attacks, but my team survived them.

After a little swim and mountain climbing, I was ready for the final challenge, the Elite 4. My team was fully evolved and each member at lvl 50. I decided to see if I could triumph without more grinding.

The first member Aaron wasn't too bad, but his Vespiqueen was annoying AF. I couldn't 1 shot it, and then it kept healing itself. Eventually, I took it down, and the rest followed.

Bertha was easy, I pretty much just surfed everything dead.

Flint was even easier, where I earthquaked everything dead.

Lucian was hard. Those psychic's hit hard. I thought I wasn't going to make it a few times, but I pulled through with only a few deaths.

Cynthia was the toughest, but I got lucky a few times. Crunch took care of spiritomb. Next came garchomp. Wooly was able to survive the earthquake attack and responded with avalanche which 1 shot garchomp. Earthquake 2 hit lucario and 1 shot roserade. Milotic was surprisingly difficult. My electric and grass attacks didn't have a chance to go off, as milotic out sped me ice beamed my team dead. Sheldon had to whittle down milotic. Togekiss went down with some ice attacks pretty easily. In the end, I made it through with Chompy alive with only 8 HP!

Final Team:

Chompy the Garchomp lvl 52
    Wooly the Mamoswine lvl 50
    Sheldon the Gastrodon lvl 51
    Donatello the Torterra lvl 50
    Kite the Gliscor lvl 50
    Solidsnake the Steelix lvl 50

The only one I would replace was Solidsnake, as I didn't really use him too much. I should have kept Boulder and boxed Solidsnake.

2 games down. I think I will start White 2 next.

some pics: https://imgur.com/a/X5BDCxD

starryAstrophysicist

Gazing up at the sun, moon, and stars
    Years
  • Ultimate Electric Monotype Challenge - Alola

I took out my Pokemon Moon cartridge to start on this journey through the regions. I met Lillie and received John the Rowlett, who immediately got boxed after catching Noelle the Pichu and Nathaniel the Grubbin on Route 1. Then came the Trainer's School, which I was able to defeat handily, and caught Marielle the Magnemite in the schoolyard. Next, I headed to the Marina and teamed up with Cap. Illima to beat up Team Skull. Grubbin helped me out during Illima's trial with Bug Bite, which was able to defeat the Totem Raticate. While helping out Lillie and Nebby in Melemele Meadow, I caught Chantelle the Oricorio and used her to sweep away with Kahuna Hala's team with Air Cutter. Now, I'm headed to Akala Island, where more adventures await.

Team:
    Noelle (Pichu) Lv. 19
    • Thunder Shock
    • Charm
    • Nasty Plot
    • Thunder Wave

Marielle (Magnemite) Lv. 17
    • Tackle
    • Thunder Wave
    • Thunder Shock
    • Magnet Bomb

Nathaniel (Grubbin) Lv. 18