• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Challenge] The Monotype Challenge Returns

Status
Not open for further replies.

starryAstrophysicist

Gazing up at the sun, moon, and stars
Years
  • Ultimate Electric Monotype Challenge - Alola

You know how I said I wanted to have a regular update schedule?

Well,

ybSgYVp.jpg

uh,

NpMJjth.jpg

sounds like a funny joke

Z99zd7n.jpg

Anyways, yeah, here's the final team I guess.

hyNjXuS.jpg
    QcEH2kv.jpg
    6zy5dn0.jpg

0y2gFEY.jpg
    iwqGTOZ.jpg
    4FLBHnz.jpg

Chantelle (Oricorio) Lv. 58
    • Revelation Dance
    • Mirror Move
    • Hurricane
    • Air Cutter

Viktor (Lanturn) Lv. 53
    • Ice Beam
    • Discharge
    • Hydro Pump
    • Signal Beam

Dylan (Togedemaru) Lv. 55
    • Zing Zap
    • Nuzzle
    • Magnet Rise
    • Fell Stinger

Nathaniel (Vikavolt) Lv. 58
    • Thunderbolt
    • X-Scissor
    • Dig
    • Crunch

Noelle (Raichu) Lv. 59
    • Grass Knot
    • Discharge
    • Brick Break
    • Psychic

Marielle (Magnezone) Lv. 58
    • Tri Attack
    • Thunder Wave
    • Discharge
    • Flash Cannon

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2023
    It's been a few years since I did anything on this site, but I've been getting back into doing some challenges.
    Forum User Name: AzureSparkz
    Game(s): Fire Red
    Pokémon Type: Electric
    Single/Ultimate/Free Mode?: Single

Spoiler:
    Team:
    Spoiler:

starryAstrophysicist

Gazing up at the sun, moon, and stars
    Years

• Ultimate Electric Monotype Challenge - Alola Johto

Guess what I pulled an all-nighter doing?
    I've been playing Pokemon Silver on an emulator for the past few days. Considering the dozens of times I've played through this game, I was able to finish it relatively quickly.

Update 1
    Update 2
    Update 3
    Update 4
    Pokemon League

I'm not doing these in order, obviously. I love Silver, though, and loved doing it with one of my favorite types.

Years
    • Seen May 12, 2019
    Pokemon Y Ghost Monotype

So, after doing Blue and Platinum ground monotypes, I realized I don't enjoy ground types as much as I thought, My big 4 ground favorites Garchomp, Excadrill, Seismatoad, and Krookadile fit in 2 of my other favorite types (dragon,steel) with only 2 remaining. I don't really like the other grounds too much. So, I have given up on the Ground Ultimate Challenge after 2 regions. Instead I will move on to one of my three definite favorite types. And with that...

I started by choosing froakie, to use as an HM slave (surf/waterfall/strength/cut/rock smash). Since the first ghost wasn't until after the first gym, I sped past everything I could, getting froakie up to lvl 13 fors the first gym. After getting my first badge relatively easy, I quickly went and caught Pointy the honedge and a nincada.

I backtracked through everything I skipped and got both of them up to lvl 20, evolving nincada and gaining Shedinja, who I wasn't able to nickname sadly. I also added Balloon the Drifloon to the team. After reaching the next gym, I took a detour north to grab Bob the golett. At the second gym, Rock Smash was able to one shot Amaura and 2 shot Tyrunt.

Continuing on my journey, I fought a fake gym fight where Magnitude 2 shot lucario. Before hitting the third gym, I spent some time catching sableye. And by some time, I mean over one hour! He kept hiding from me, but I eventually added Demon to the team. At the third gym, Gust took out Machoke and Hawlucha, and Shedinja was immune to meinshao, so that was easy.

Nothing really changed on my travels to the fourth gym. Mainly leveling up. The fourth gym was similar to the third. Gust took out Jumpluff and weepinbell, and Shedinja was immune to gogoat.

Again, it was a straight shot to the fifth gym, with some adventures and leveling along the way. Magnitude one shot Magneton, X scissor 2 hit helio, but emolga was ANNOYING! In no time, I was up to five badges.

On the way to my sixth badge, I added the final member to my team, Ghost the haunter. At the sixth gym, earthquake 1 shot mawile, shadow claw 1 hit Mime, and iron head 2 hit sylveon. Again, not too bad of a battle.

After the sixth badge, I got around to trade evolving Ghost, leaving Pointy the only member left to evolve once I managed to get a Dusk Stone.

The seventh badge was cake. Obviously. Ghost vs. Psychic, need I say more?

Now one badge away, I took a detour into Terminus Cave to grab a Dusk Stone and evolve Pointy, completing the team. After some time, I was ready for the last badge. This fight was a little more challenging. Iron head took out avalug in 2 shots, double fly took care of abomasnow, but cyrogonal was annoying! It was a close call, but I earned my last badge.

The end was in sight! I journeyed through Victory Road and eventually reached my goal, the League!

Malva was pretty easy. Earthquake 1 shot pyroar, shadow ball took out chandelure, earthquake 1 hit torkoal, and power gem 1 hit talonflame.

Wikstrom wasn't bad either. Earthquake for probopass and scizor, shadow ball for aegislash, and Shedinja was immune to klefki.

For Drasna, dazzling gleam took care of noivern and druddigon, earthquake took out dragle, and ice beam took out altaria.

On Siebold, thunder bolt took out clawitzer and gyarados, shadow ball handled starmie, sacred sword dealt with barbaracle.

For the champion Diantha, thunder bolt took care of hawlucha, ice beam froze tyrantrum and took him out on the second shot, dazzling gleam 2 hit goodra, shadow ball 1 hit gourgeist, shadow claw 1 hit gardevoir before it could Mega, and Shedinja was immune to aurorus.

Some pics: https://imgur.com/a/4GHZKBV

Overall, this was a fun run. I never noticed how many pokemon have a dark type attack in this game though.

Final Team:

Ghost the Gengar lvl. 73
    Balloon the Drifblim lvl. 71
    Pointy the Aegislash lvl. 73
    Demon the Sableye lvl. 73
    Shedinja lvl. 74
    Bob the Golurk lvl. 72

Years
  • Forum User Name: curelixir
    Game(s): FireRed, HeartGold, Alpha Sapphire, Platinum, White, Y, Ultra Sun
    Pokémon Type: Fighting
    Single/Ultimate/Free Mode?: Ultimate

If it's alright, I'm going to be tackling one gym and then moving on to the next game, cycling through all the games multiple times for all the different gyms. This mean I'll finish most of the games aroun the same time and it'll prevent me from getting bored. I'll use this post as a masterpost for all the regions, organizing each game into its own spoiler tag and updating as I progress.

So far I've defeated 2 gyms in each game. I'm working on the third cycle of gyms now.

Fighting

Ultimate Monotype Challenge

KANTO
    Spoiler:

JOHTO
    Spoiler:

HOENN
    Spoiler:

SINNOH
    Spoiler:

UNOVA
    Spoiler:

KALOS
    Spoiler:

ALOLA
    Spoiler:

Also I spent a large portion of today doing a Normal monotype run in Kanto, so I guess I'll sign up for that too.
    Forum User Name: curelixir
    Game(s): FireRed
    Pokémon Type: Normal
    Single/Ultimate/Free Mode?: Single (for now)

Normal

Single Monotype Challenge

KANTO
    Spoiler:

Also, I'm not trying to overwhelm myself, but I've been really wanting to try a Grass Ultimate Challenge.

Forum User Name: curelixir
    Game(s): LeafGreen, HeartGold, Alpha Sapphire, Platinum, White, Y, Ultra Sun
    Pokémon Type: Grass

Last edited:
    Years
  • Kimbo's Mega Monotype Challenge
    Type 1: Bug Game 1: Part 4: Hell Fire & Brimstone

Spoiler:

TEAM
    beedrill.png

Duke the Beedrill @N/A
    Level 43/Impish/Male/Swarm
    Twineedle /Aerial Ace /Secret Power /Brick Break

butterfree.png

Cabbage the Butterfree @N/A
    Level 43/Quirky/Female/Compound Eyes
    Psychic /Thief /Toxic /Gust

parasect.png

Monarch the Parasect @N/A
    Level 42/Quirky/Female/Effect Spore
    Bullet Seed/ Slash/ Dig/ Spore

pinsir.png

Admiral the Pinsir @N/A
    Level 43/Calm/Male/Hyper Cutter
    Strength/Seismic Toss/Brick Break/Rock Slide

scyther.png

Brimstone The Scyther @N/A
    Level 43/Relaxed/Male/Swarm
    Slash /Wing Attack /Steel Wing /Swords Dance

venomoth.png

Peacock The Venomoth. @N/A
    Level 43/Bold/Male/Shield Dust
    Psybeam/Gust /Giga Drain /Stun Spore

calenlily

Water trainer with a Rowlet addiction
    Years
  • I did a Single Water Monotype in Hoenn on a previous thread, gonna go ahead and turn it into an Ultimate

Forum User Name: calenlily
    Game(s): Blue, SoulSilver, Ruby, Platinum, not sure yet for Unova, Y, Ultra Moon
    Pokémon Type: Water

calenlily

Years
  • Ultimate Water Monotype: Blue, Part 1

Start a new game (on emulator on PC), name self Calen, name rival Gary
    Choose Squirtle as my starter, tackle Gary's Bulbasaur into submission in first rival battle
    Grind in tall grass on Rt 1 for a bit
    Head to Viridian City, get Oak's Parcel, back to Pallet, back to Viridian, detour to Rt 22 for second rival battle with Squirtle around level 12-13. Gary's Pidgey horribly nerfs my accuracy with Sand-Attacks before going down and then Bulbasaur gets off a Leech Seed and slowly drains my HP while I struggle to land attacks, so I have use two potions, but I eventually take him down.
    Back to Pallet, collect 5 Pokeballs, start catching and boxing one of every Pokémon available on the early routes to fill my Dex so I can get stuff from Oak's assistants later. (Keep a Spearow from Rt 22 to trade for Farfetch'd to be my Cut+Fly slave and a Pikachu from Viridian Forest to be my Flash slave.)
    Grind a little more on Rt 1, thinking it would be nice to have Bite before hitting Viridian Forest. Squirtle hits level 16 and evolves into Wartortle, realize I may have overdone it on the level grinding a bit. (Check movesets online, Squirtle line doesn't get Bite until level 22/24, why was I thinking it was 13 or 14? Never mind that, then.)
    Blast through Viridian Forest, Wartortle's Water Gun OHKOs everything.
    Pewter Gym is laughably easy.
    Blast through Rt 3, get to Mt. Moon Pokémon Center and immediately buy the Magikarp from the sketchy salesman. Finally a second team member!
    Time for more grinding. Get Magikarp to level 12 using the switch-out method in the grass on Rt 3, in the process Wartortle reaches level 24 and learns Bite, sounds like a good time to take on Mt. Moon.
    Keep Wartortle up for the wild encounters in Mt. Moon because Zubats are a menace, but switch-train Magikarp on a few of the NPCs.
    Reach Cerulean City, heal up, then backtrack to the grass on Rt 4 for another Magikarp training session. Switch-train until Magikarp reaches level 15 and learns Tackle. Head to Rt 24 for the next rival battle, let Magikarp Tackle Gary's Abra since it can't fight back, while Wartortle handles the rest of the team with ease. Go through the rest of the trainers on Rts 24 and 25, letting Magikarp Tackle a few bugs and switch-training on everyone else. Magikarp is most of the way to level 19 by the time I reach Bill and pick up the SS Ticket. Wartortle is sufficiently overleveled not to be bothered by switching in on Bellsprouts, so the last level and a half of Magikarp training is done in the grass on Rt 24.
    Magikarp reaches level 20, evolves into Gyarados, learns Bite. Immediately teach it Water Gun from the TM from Mt. Moon so it actually has a water-type attack.
    Take my level 20 Gyarados straight to Cerulean Gym, Gyarados's Bite tears through the gym while the gym trainers and Misty fail to put up any appreciable fight.
    Beat up the Rocket at the burglarized house, collect Dig TM, to Vermillion City. Gyarados solos Rts 5 and 6 because Wartortle is over level 30 by now, so it's Gyarados's turn to get all the XP (and besides, wrecking everything with a Gyarados is just fun). Gyarados solos the SS Anne, with the exception of one Pikachu, and solos the rival battle too.
    Trade Spearow for Dux the Farfetch'd, teach Dux to Cut, access Vermillion Gym. Use Dig HM on Wartortle.
    Overpowered Gyarados outspeeds OHKOs all the Voltorbs with Bite, because Gen 1 Voltorbs don't actually know any Electric attacks. Overleveled Wartortle outspeeds and OHKOs everything else in the gym with Dig. (Surge uses an X Speed each on Pikachu and Raichu, allowing them to outspeed Wartortle on the second turn and proc attacks while it was still protected underground, lol).
    Clear out Rt 11, Wartortle uses Dig on Electric and Poison types and Gyarados handles everything else. Gyarados glides through Diglett's Cave. Collect Flash HM from Oak's assistant, teach Pikachu to Flash. Return through Diglett's Cave, collect Itemfinder from Oak's assistant, return north to Cerulean City, get bike.
    Now we're ready to leave for Rt 9, time to call it a night, with Gyarados at level 30 and Wartortle at level 35.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Water Monotype Challenge - Second Update
    Platinum | Peaches

40px-Coal_Badge.png
    40px-Forest_Badge.png
    40px-Relic_Badge.png

It's been a while so time for an update!

So it's honestly been a while since part of my journey that I can't remember specifics but after getting to Floaroma Town we moved on and before taking on Team Plasma we went and caught one of our two team members Pomeg the Buizel! After taking down Mars and her Purugly we went and caught Pecha the Shellos! We then moved on and continued our journey and went to go and face the second gym leader, Gardenia! Well ... after a bunch of grinding.

Gardenia, as expected, was a pain in the butt and I had to grind. A lot. During this grinding Figy evolved into Bibarel. Figy out to where he was able to take down the majority of her Pokemon using Hyper Fang and between him and Coba we were finally able to defeat her after a few tries.

The journey between the second and third gym battles was a lot easier. We went out to the Wayward Cave for some much needed training for our other two members of our team and, partially thanks to getting lost in there for a while, Pomeg evolved into Floatzel and when everyone's level up and equal we moved onto facing off again Fantina!

Unlike Gardenia she was muuuch easier. Pomeg basically took down the majority of her Pokemon with Crunch and Coba took down her Haunter since Pomeg got confused during the battle. But that said, third gym down and now we're on to take down our fourth gym! Just around the time before we finished for the night our lovely Pecha evolved into a Gastrodon!

prinplup.png

Coby (Prinplup) ♂
    Lax | Torrent | Level 30
    Fury Attack, Metal Claw, Bubblebeam, Peck

bibarel.png

Figy (Bidoof) ♂
    Bashful | Simple | Level 30
    Yawn, Water Gun, Hyper Fang, Rollout

floatzel.png

Pomeg (Floatzel) ♂
    Hardy | Swift Swim | Level 30
    Swift, Crunch, Quick Attack, Aqua Jet

gastrodon.png

Pecha (Gastrodon) ♀
    Bashful | Storm Drain | Level 30
    Yawn, Water Gun, Hyper Fang, Rollout

HM Slaves
    geodude.png
    bidoof.png

calenlily

Years
  • Ultimate Water Monotype: Blue, Part 2

Head down Rt 9 and through the Rock Tunnel, stop only briefly in Lavender Town before heading through Rts 8 and 7 to Celadon City. Wartortle hits level 36 and evolves into Blastoise somewhere in here. I've given Gyarados the Thunderbolt TM, so I'm relying more on Gyarados against flying and the occasional water type and favoring Blastoise with Dig against electric and poison, but at this point they can both easily handle pretty much anything we come across, so I'm mostly alternating who's leading to keep them evenly leveled.

Get to Celadon City, stop in at the department store for a water stone and the Ice Beam and Tri Attack TMs, and of course a drink for the guards. Clear out Team Rocket at the Game Corner hideout, Giovanni goes down in an instant, acquire Silph Scope.

Open the gate to Saffron City, stop in just long enough to pick up the Psychic TM, and head on back to Lavender Town. Blastoise very nearly solos Pokémon Tower - being limited by Dig's 10PP as my only super-effective move against ghosts makes things a little annoying, given their tendency to inflict confusion and paralysis if I don't manage to OHKO, but it's not particularly a difficult dungeon. Calm the Marowak's spirit and rescue Mr. Fuji.

With the Pokeflute in hand, the way south is now open. Time for a ridiculous detour, because I want my next team member already. Head down Rt 12, get Snorlax out of the way, acquire Super Rod, continue down Rts 13-15, avoiding as many trainers as possible because I'd prefer to save the XP for later. Get to Fuschia City, go fishing on Rt 19's beach and catch myself a level 15 Staryu. Immediately teach it Bubblebeam, Tri Attack, and Psychic. Switch train it on the remaining trainers and while collecting items and Pokédex entries on Rts 15-12 as I head back up the coast, using my water stone to evolve it to Starmie as soon as it learns Water Gun at level 17, and have it up to about level 22 by the time we get back to Lavender Town. Take Starmie to Diglett's Cave for some intensive training, because it's pretty much the best place in Kanto for grinding with water types. Snipe Digletts until Starmie is over level 30, then it's finally time to get back to the main journey.

Go to Celadon City, take on the grass gym. Blastoise's Ice Beam takes the one gym trainer's Exeggcute and Erika's Tangela, Starmie takes down everything else. Go to Saffron City, Starmie solos the fighting dojo, and grows from level 32 to 35 between the two gyms. Time to clear out Silph Co. Starmie mostly carries the team, only deferring to Blastoise for electric types and Gyarados for normal types and bats. Get to the rival battle, Gyarados's Thunderbolt takes down Pidgeot and Gyarados, while Starmie takes Growlithe with Bubblebeam, Alakazam with Tri Attack, and Venusaur with Psychic. Get to Giovanni, Gyarados takes Kangaskhan and Starmie takes everything else. With all the XP Starmie's been raking in, it's nearly caught up with the rest of the team in levels, at 45 to Blastoise and Gyarados's 47.

With Team Rocket defeated, Silph Co's president gives me the Master Ball. More importantly, a grateful employee gives me a Lapras on the way out, so now I have my last team member. Lapras is only level 15, so it's going to take a whole bunch of grinding to get it close to the rest of the team, so it's time for another excursion to Diglett's Cave. Grind until Lapras is above level 38 and has Ice Beam, then its time to return to Saffron and head south. (Get Fly on Rt 16, teach Dux fly.)

The large number of poison types on the cycling road means Starmie carries again, but I give Lapras as many chances to battle as I can, and it takes the flying types on Rt 18. Arrive in Fuschia City, challenge Fuschia Gym. Lapras takes a gym trainer's two Sandslash, Starmie solos everything else. Go to the Safari Zone, get Surf HM, replace Water Gun with Surf on my entire team. Collect the Gold Teeth (and the rest of the useful items), give them the the Warden to get the Strength TM, teach Gyarados Strength.

Ready to head down the water routes, it's time to call it a night. Team is currently Blastoise at level 47, Gyarados at level 48, Starmie at level 49, and Lapras at level 43, plus the two HM slaves.

calenlily

Years
  • Ultimate Water Monotype: Blue, Part 3

Head down Rts 19 and 20 to the Seafoam Islands. I've been a little worried about this part, because 18 PP of Thunderbolt is my only super-effective move for most water types and Ethers and PP Ups are so limited. Turns out I needn't have worried, as most of the trainers have unevolved Pokémon that go down in one hit to neutral damage attacks. Starmie and Gyarados between them take on everything on the water routes, and Gyarados solos the Seafoam Islands. I wasn't planning on catching any of the legendaries this playthrough, but after two Thunderbolts, Articuno paralyzed with just a tiny sliver of its HP bar, and at that point it seems like a waste not to; I get it on about the 4th Ultra Ball, with Gyarados still above half health.

One more short water route and we arrive on Cinnabar Island. Blastoise very nearly solos Pokémon Mansion, just leaving a handful of fire types to Lapras. Lapras solos the gym, and takes point on Rt 21 as we return to Pallet Town.

Fly to Cerulean City and surf to the Power Plant. Blastoise solos the Power Plant, then Lapras takes down Zapdos in two Ice Beams. (After not being used much for a while, Blastoise had ended up my lowest level Pokémon save Lapras, but after Pokémon Mansion and the Power Plant, it jumped to being my highest.)

Fly back to Viridian City, Lapras solos the gym, and finally catches up with the rest of the team in terms of level. Head down Rt 22 for the rival battle. Lapras takes Pidgeot with Ice Beam and Rhyhorn with Surf, Gyarados takes Gyarados with Thunderbolt, Lapras returns to Surf down Growlithe, and Starmie's Tri Attack takes Alakazam. A Psychic from Starmie doesn't quite OHKO Venusaur, and a crit Razor Leaf takes it out, so Lapras comes back to avenge it with Ice Beam.

After healing up back in Viridian City, it's time for Victory Road. (I completely forget to collect any of the powerful healing items I've been saving in the computer for late game, and spend most of the cave desperately wishing I had some Elixirs.) My team is nicely grouped at levels 53-55. Starmie pretty much carries the team through Victory Road, because Starmie is the best caver.

Elite Four: Gyarados Thunderbolts through Lorelei's water dual-types, while Starmie's Tri Attack takes Jynx. Starmie Surfs down Bruno's Onixes and Psychics the fighters, then proceeds to rip through the entirety of Agatha's team with Psychic as well. Gyarados takes Lance's Gyarados with a Thunderbolt, then Lapras takes all the dragons with Ice Beam and Aerodactyl with Surf. In the Championship battle with Gary, Lapras takes down Pidgeot with Ice Beam and Rhydon with Surf. Thunderbolt means my Gyarados continues to be better than Gary's Gyarados. Lapras comes back to Surf down Arcanine. Starmie takes Alakazam with Tri Attack once more, then uses Psychic on Venusaur. Once again, Psychic doesn't quite OHKO, but Venusaur tries to use it and Starmie takes it down with a second Psychic while its still gathering sunlight. Championship title acquired!

Championship Team: L54 Lapras, L57 Starmie, L53 Blastoise, and L55 Gyarados, plus L5 Pikachu and L3 Dux the Farfetch'd as HM as HM slaves.

Years
  • Grass

Ultimate Monotype Challenge

KANTO
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Pikachukid

Conquest needs a sequel
    Years
  • I'll be accepting the challenge of Monotype Bug! I've already completed the firered version (a loooong time ago not that anyone cares though) so I'll add this to my repertoire. I may eventually complete an Ultimate who knows!

Pikachukid
    Game(s): SoulSilver
    Pokémon Type: Bug
    Single

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2023
    Forum User Name: AzureSparkz
    Game(s): Fire Red
    Pokémon Type: Ground

Spoiler:
    Team:
    Spoiler:

Years
  • oh wow! Guess I dide UM and M correctly then! Both were ghost monos!

Forum User Name: Juliorain
    Game(s): UM + M
    Pokémon Type: Ghost

M I don't really count since I bred my team beforehand, however in UM:

Gengar, Mimikyu, Decidueye, Sableye (this thing swept Acerola...gotta love prankster calm mind sweepage), Jellicent, and Palossand/Alolan Marowak

I got them one at a time which meant only using Rowlet until I could catch gastly and misdreavus. I couldn't actually defeat that damn alolan trashcate, so I had to cheat and use that free hawlucha...because it was literally immune to everything gastly had and oneshot rowlet lol

Akala was pretty boring...I cheated on lana's trial by sneaking a cotonnee, but it died easily. Rowlet/dartrix trucked. Then oh god... Kiawe.... had to spend so long getting that cubone (and killed so many just to get that damn thicc club which never appeared on the wild mons).... which I would up replacing with jellicent later on. Had to get my Haunter to use thief on Kiawe's alolawak to get the thiccccccc club. Salazzle was a breeze because bby cubone could bonemerang the salazzle. I think I managed to get cubone to evolve before Mallow, which wasn't too bad. Oh god that black hole eclipse trainer on top of mount hokulani. At least I managed to find a mimikyu and sableye by Acerola's trial. I convienently had a beheyeem from gen 5 so I could capture a sableye, teach it imprison and deduce which SOS Sableye was a prankster! It was also then I put jellicent on the team (took forever to fish out a modest one). And then no problems from then on out. The alolan marowak was a beast fighting sophocles (since it had lightning rod, but it was palossand that really shown.) Nanu was easily toppled by my mimi-Q and gengar knowing dazzling gleam looool. I wound up using Twinkle Tackle and Bloom Doom the most of any of the z moves. Barely, if ever, used any other! I found it hilarious gengar doing a twinkle tackle dazzling gleam! The ultra necrozma battle was really fun! I totally forgot about neuroforce and thus disposed of my mimikyu quickly, but after careful switching, managed to send mimikyu back out after reviving it. (I opted for shadow claw like a complete durp because I didn't realize it was a dragon!) Still managed to kill it somehow. (Ghost > Psy always)

Faba was a complete joke. His Bruxish was a little scary, but eh. Guzma's golispod became so annoying when sable's wow missed, letting it succumb to a liquidation, gdi.... so bitter. Lusamine was meh. Gladion's final fight was a pushover...I think I memed a little and drain punched his weavile... lol

By e4, I basically used Gengar as a suicide taunt lead letting sableye set up on acerola via calm mind. Mimikyu got in its swords dances and sable got its willows against Hala. Hala's Hariyama was a huge roadblock; but gengar's z-dazzle overcame that looool. Moylane and fell victim to a Decidueye/Palossand duo. Believe it or not but I struggled the most with burbo chick. Can mandibuzz be cut from the freaking planet!? I had to run willowwisp, taunt, tbolt, and *sludge bomb* on my gengar and had to revive it twice. Burb lady's skarmory and crobat duo treshed my mimikyu so theres that. Hau chose Primarina, so I didn't have to fight trashroar like I had to in Moon, which was a sigh of relief.

As for the post game, I kept the same mono, and took them to the rainbow rocket. Somehow Faba's bruxish came back for a vengance, nearly sweeping my entire team (how that happened don't ask me). Every admin was a pushover apart from Lysandre, which his megados...plsno molbreakered through mimi-qs disguise, and GOT A FLINCH on waterfall... this was after killing the infernal bacon burbo too, so my team was weakened at that time. Decidueye then 6-0'd Giovanni... *shrug* I think jellicent came in at one point for a memey hpump.

Sorry, I have no screens! When sword comes out, I'll do a proper mono-ghost run of Sword!

Last edited:

calenlily

Years
  • Been playing through White, but I'm getting a little bogged down, so I'm gonna take a break from that for a bit to load up SoulSilver and head to Johto for the next leg of my Ultimate Water Monotype.

Session 1:

Spoiler:

Session 2:

Spoiler:

Current Team:
    Fang - Croconaw (m) - lvl 22
    Axolittle - Quagsire (f) - lvl 20

Pikachukid

Conquest needs a sequel
    Years
  • The Adventure of Pest, the bug catcher!
    He caught two weedle and they evolved into Beedrill. Faulkner's birb Pokemon fainted to poison, but not before ZZZt fell to birb moves.
    Pokémon:
    BZZd the Beedrill. Very adamant. Drinks too much honey
    ZZZt the Beedrill. A Jolly insect. Doesn't like smokers

calenlily

Years
  • Ultimate Water Monotype: Johto, Part 2

Session 3:

Spoiler:

Session 4:

Spoiler:

Current Team: