• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

THE MOST STUPID & IDIOTIC THINGS YOU DID JUST FOR POKEMON!

Henrik

d'oh!
Years
  • I played Emerald when I was supposed to study for a test the next day. I got a B so I was pretty satisfied though. :P

Ársa

k.
    Years
  • Not putting my entire base/fossil/jungle/gym heroes sets up for sale on Ebay when the estimated price for the all combined was $600. Instead I waited and the prices went down to about $200, so they just sit in my cupboard, collecting dust.

~T_S

Kip

🔥 Fluffy Fire Fox
    Years
    • Age 32
    • They/Them
    • UK
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    Most stupid thing I've ever done just to play a Pokémon game? Bringing my GBA SP to a watersports day...

It never even got as far as the water, it got stolen, which sucked I can tell you. My original FireRed and the Wireless Adapter went with it. Took me ages to get around to buying a new one.

I've also (still) lost my Ruby.... I have a suspicion it's been sold by another member of my family (probably accidental, but you never know.).

popsicles.

F A S C I N A T I O N .
    Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2009
    hmm....say yes to going on a date with the ugliest guy in school for a free game

that sounds familiar o.o

I had to give a guy a kiss just to let me look at his Diamond game.
    which i sooooo rlllly wanted ;_;.

and stealing a Natu card from a grocery shop.. I didn't knew why I took it in the first place since I don't even like Natu >.>

Lone--Wanderer

Sequential Sequence
    Years
  • Hmm...got Pearl the day it came out, reset my Leafgreen four times because I liked it so much, cried while playing PMD2 several times and I'm still periodically stealing my friend's sister's cards. She doesn't notice. ;D

JKLAZ

FireHeart and Kale are Awesome
    Years
  • Not much really... got the mewtwo out of the first movie (or was it mew) and lost it. i like cried

MM_Zero

Resurrected warrior
    Years
  • Haha, bet ya guys can't beat this. When I was in first/second grade, I would literally dress up as Ash, get those Burger King Pokeballs attached to me, get a backpack, and walk outside "catching" and "battling" ants and birds. XD

.hack

skunkape
    Years
  • Traded Over 5 Lvl 100's (2 Were Shiny) Just 4 lvl 37 Arceus *Cries*
    &
    I Was Young And Stupid:
    My Best Friend Lent Me his Ruby And I Took His Groundon And Starter.
    (Is My Freind Again Now As Has Given Up Pokemon)

Last edited:

Neosplash

|♜|♞|♝|♛|♚|♝| ♞|♜|
    Years
  • I gave somebody $25 for a Charizard card.
    I grew up a poor boy, my mum gave me $5 a month. 5 months thrown away for one card... that was later stolen.

.emerald

☆ + ♥
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2014
    Haha, bet ya guys can't beat this. When I was in first/second grade, I would literally dress up as Ash, get those Burger King Pokeballs attached to me, get a backpack, and walk outside "catching" and "battling" ants and birds. XD

woahh!!!!! too much addictivness!!!

i admire your passion dude!!!!!

Years
  • I did countless dumb Pokemon related stuff. First, I traded a mewtwo card for my old friend's Brock card. I thought I could get anything with that card. next, I lost my valuable Poke crystal game. I wouldnt call that dumb, but i REALLY miss it.

Peanutz

So i herd you leik peanutz?
    Years
  • The day Diamond and Pearl came out, I woke up at like, 6 o' clock in the morning and went to my local Best Buy to buy Diamond. =P
    It was worth it, anyway.
    I'm probably gonna do the same thing when Platinum finally comes out...

I also have hundreds of dollars worth of Pokemon cards in a binder, and I STILL collect them. XD

Spaekle Oddberry

this is why i'm hot
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 31, 2013
    Buying box after box after box of Pokemon fruit rolls back in Pokemon's heyday to get the Meowth with the holographic border.

I never did get that Meowth. ; ;

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
    Years
    • Age 35
    • She/Her
    • Seen Mar 19, 2024
    How about this? Back in middle school when I first got into Pokemon, I had a major crush on Ash and even carried an Ash figurine in the shirt pocket of my school uniform. You can imagine how well I got along with the other kids, especially since none of them liked Pokemon at all other than TCG. I never really liked the cards nor even played them, but at one point I had a misprinted holographic Charizard, which some kid ended up tricking me out of. Kids are so rotten at that age... except me, I was just stupid, lol.

Also around that time period, I went to a summer camp for a week, which was run by the YMCA. They weren't really pushy about religious stuff except when it came to the stuffed toy Pikachu I brought with me. I made the mistake of taking it into the chapel with me and all the other kids flipped because I brought a 'devil monster' into their place of worship. I have nothing against religious people at all (and I'm not atheist), but people should at least open their eyes wide enough to see Pokemon are as far from being 'devil monsters' as they can be.

Back