• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Spoilers] The New Evolution Effect

Which evolution effect did you like best?

• The new evolution effect! (BW012 - )

Votes: 35 87.5%
  • The traditional evolution effect! (EP001 - DP Special)

Votes: 5 12.5%

• Total voters

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Well, as most of you who watch best wishes, you would know that in episode 20 - a new evoltuion effect was made.
    Heres a little gif courtesy of Brandon00151:
    Spoiler:

What do you guys think of it? We haven't really had a change before, it's practically been the same since episode 3 of the original series.

In my opinion, I love it. It make to fit the games new meathod too, which looks great. I like how you can also see the transformation a bit better, AWSOME. :3

*Poll stolen from Serebii ;3

Years
  • The new evolution animation seems a lot neater than the earlier one since it actually shows the transformation during evolution in a clearer way. I approve of it! :>

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
  • Long ago how I thinking of how evolution would look like in the Anime in Unova. Well I like it, I thought it'd have more gene twisting like the game but it's certainly better that the old flashing light then evolve!

Poll says BW012, you meant BW020.

Last edited:

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
    Years
  • I like the new evolution in BW20. I barley noticed the change until I realized that there isn't the normal light glow.

Tox

fight me
    Years
  • Wow, that's pretty interesting. I actually quite like the change. It's a lot more exciting than the bland white glow we've had all the time. The Black and White animé has definitely added some nice changes. Just simple things like this really catch people's attention.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • The new evolution effect is definitely an improvement over the old one. You can see how the Pokemon's form changes more easily.

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2014
    The new evolution animation seems a lot neater than the earlier one since it actually shows the transformation during evolution in a clearer way. I approve of it! :>

This. It looks much more naturalistic and convincing compared to the big blob of flash that happens in the previous seasons.

Now lets just hope that the way Pokemon hatch out of eggs is improved...

Years
    • Seen May 26, 2012
    I like this a lot better. They've made a lot of minor changes in the Unova changes that make this season even better. Ember and Water Gun look different and so does Iron Tail. It actually looks like iron instead of just a white flashing tail.

Plus the way Pokémon come out of Pokeballs is a lot better than before.

okjoek

Hoenn champ
    Years
  • I like this a lot better. They've made a lot of minor changes in the Unova changes that make this season even better. Ember and Water Gun look different and so does Iron Tail. It actually looks like iron instead of just a white flashing tail.

Plus the way Pokémon come out of Pokeballs is a lot better than before.

I've learned to enjoy just about every chang but the only one you stated that I disaproove of is the realeasing of the pokeball, I liked the red flash for some reason and the sound that went with it. Not that I actualy recall seeing the new one hmm...

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • I love the new effect, I mean hopefully now they'll all stop going "Oh muh godz wut iz hapening her y iz diz pogeytmaz glowinga??!!"

I hate it when Ash acts all dumb, he did last generation u_u that probably irks me most about the damn thing!

I love (like everyone else) how you can see the effect taking place. I thought its glasses would of fallen of, then he could of put them back on and cool music would of played /sigh

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
    Years
  • I'd choose the new evolution effect - it showed how it transformed from one stage to the next more clearly. And the white blob closeups were NOT cool at all. :C

The evolution kinda looks like a Digimon evolution...

Um, have you actually ever looked at a Digimon evolution and compared it with a Pokemon one? Maybe I'm wrong, since I didn't really see the latest (i.e. Season 6) evolution sequences.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen May 12, 2013
    I voted for the new one but in all honesty I'm really not that fussed. It's like a three second scene, as long as it's done in a pretty manner I'm content.

Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2014
    I quite like the new effect honestly. Now all Ash has to do is catch that Krokorok.

Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2011
    I like both but the new sequence reminds me of Digimon, too. I don't know why, though.

Back