• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The [NEW] Graphics Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

evilcheese

God I am so freakin lazy
    Years
    well i got mine from gfx sites they have them in packages. and for the blending mode for effect c4ds linear dodge.

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Well, effect c4d's look good on a lot of blending modes, not just linear dodge. <_< I like my linear burn and overlay for c4d's, because linear dodge is really hard on the eyes; I keep linear dodge for my light textures.

And yeah, resource packs are the best place to get awesome c4d's- you can get some pretty nice stuff in packs. I particularly like .psd files. xDD;

Motsuko Live

... pronounced Mös.
    Years
    I get 'em from planet renders and photobucket, but I re-use my c4d's, so running out is kind of more like, 'when do I start recycling'. xD;

Yes, well obviously you haven't heard: Recycling = EBEL!

But on a serious note, I sometimes recycle my C4D's. But not often. I guess I just have to always have something new!

Pikabloo

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2010
    I get my C4Ds from C4D/tutorial/stock packs in Planet Renders :3

Graphics resource packs: best thing since sliced bread.

PSD files are definitely useful, especially when they're labeled and such. It's just great to flip through the layers of someone else's banner, and try to learn new little things and idea rip the heck out of others.

Ah, and for C4D blending mode, I tend to use screen, linear dodge or colour dodge. If it's rendered out, I put it on soft light or overlay, or leave it as it is, if it's an abstract/normal C4D. I tend to try most of the blending modes out.

Motsuko Live

... pronounced Mös.
    Years
    YUSH! PSD's are vey, very helpful.

Just asked Loki for a new PSD thread xD
    Hopefully it's a go! :3

If no, I cry :<

evilcheese

God I am so freakin lazy
    Years
    ok i guess i should let you guys have a psd. so anyone pick:

pick out of those or anything ive made that you think is interesting.

Motsuko Live

... pronounced Mös.
    Years
    I like the Infernape one, and the last one. POST BOTH! :3

If you only post one, I think the Infernape one would be the most educational.

evilcheese

God I am so freakin lazy
    Years
    ok i uploaded the infernape. ill do this psd thing every week the first one to ask will get what they want.

Pikabloo

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2010
    Post all of them -shot'd-

I'm also willing to put up labeled PSDs of my stuff. Just ask, and I'll think about it -shot'd again- I can't be bothered to link my banners. Just look in the previous page, or something x___o

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    The Neku banner! >:D

Any of your Neku banners! *shot'd*

Anyway, I'm willing to post one PSD- out of a select few. Yeah, pretty much, all the old/boring ones. xDD

It'll be first come first pick, and me uploading whenever I find the time. ^^ If the first person who comes has a different banner they want, I'll think about it... xD; But most likely the answer'll be no, since I'm stingy like that. <3 and have psd's all over the place and can't be bothered to go find them.

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    Cheese: That MCR one D:
    Loki: persona3, maybe not the best effects but best perspective.

Motsuko Live

... pronounced Mös.
    Years
    Aw! ^ beat me!

I like the first one Loki (not that it matters, seeing as ^ beat me to it) *glares* xD

So are you not going to post any more PSD's... ever!?!?!

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Gummy: Really? I love tutorials. xD *shot'd*

The best part about psd's? not that anyone asked. Hiding layers and seeing how the layers pile up. xDD;; *loves seeing a banner being done step-by-step from the background up to the finishing touches*

Omigawsh Shira-chan, I'm so glad you posted that Neku banner! >:D It's definitely one of my top favorites of yours. <3

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
    Tutorials are sometimes confusing when the person who writes them just names random tools that you've never heard of (not that I'm naming any names...). With PSDs, I can copy observe exactly how people make their effects.

Last edited:

Pikabloo

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2010
    eheh, no problem ^^ I was actually thinking about uploading both of my Neku banners, but the one I used for SOTW 8 had loads of layers, and I pretty much got lazy. I may upload it some time in the future, though.

And Gummy, I just know that you're talking about me xD.

The only thing better than PSDs are those tutorial + PSD packs, which include the stocks and stuff that the people used. I don't tend to follow everything that the tutorial says word for word, but when some of the stuff are tricky, I follow it really closely the first time, then mess about afterwards.

evilcheese

God I am so freakin lazy
    Years
    and you get to rip the layers O.o

well there are a couple of advantages. like its easier for the tutorial writer. a visual aid is better than pic by pic. you get the exact colors (if you need them). and they are way easier to follow.

Pikabloo

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2010
    That's only if the person allows you to take layers x___o It's one thing to follow a tutorial really closely, and it's another to just take the layers, and simply edit the render/stock or something.

... I just remembered I downloaded a PSD pack >.> -goes to mess about with PSDs- xD

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back